Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan's Sweetheart♥ (View Post)
The writers don't seem to be the least bit worried about ruining the S/D relationship for Elena.. so why should the writers care about C/E or the fact that S/C might take away from that friendship. Also Elena doesn't have some kind of dominion over her friends.. that is a peculiar way to look at it
Damon and Stefan were full out on WAR when the show started, had been for 145 years. Their issues were much deeper than about Elena, or even Katherine. They still are. Whereas Caroline and Elena have been childhood friends from the start of the show. I have the right to prefer Elena/Caroline friendship over Caroline/Stefan, and I would actually prefer if the show did more about the original friendships.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhashin (View Post)
Damon and Stefan were full out on WAR when the show started, had been for 145 years. Their issues were much deeper than about Elena, or even Katherine. They still are. Whereas Caroline and Elena have been childhood friends from the start of the show. I have the right to prefer Elena/Caroline friendship over Caroline/Stefan, and I would actually prefer if the show did more about the original friendships.
Fair point about S/D, but I am one of a few people who believe Elena isn't helping bond them at all... just pushing them further apart

I never said you didn't.. I was just questioning the wording.. I found it a little odd. Caroline can be friends with whoever she wants.. it doesn't have to lessen her bond with Elena and if it does, why is that Stefan's fault?! It's not. And the story will always feature Elena more heavily involved with Stefan and Damon beause that is what has happened throughout the whole series.. I doubt it will change now. It's like they forever want to hold Stefan, Elena and Damon ransom to each other.. it's sad but true
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I really love elena and Caroline but in this situation I can't help but adore stefan and Caroline growing closer as friends. They have this understanding and connection that just makes you feel like they truly want the other to be happy with the person they love. It's such a sweet friendship that has proven to me that they are very similar and as vampires have not allowed their new identity to cloud right from wrong... For the most part lol

IconCredit: KATIEBECKETT
Old 11-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan's Sweetheart♥ (View Post)
Fair point about S/D, but I am one of a few people who believe Elena isn't helping bond them at all... just pushing them further apart

I never said you didn't.. I was just questioning the wording.. I found it a little odd. Caroline can be friends with whoever she wants.. it doesn't have to lessen her bond with Elena and if it does, why is that Stefan's fault?! It's not. And the story will always feature Elena more heavily involved with Stefan and Damon beause that is what has happened throughout the whole series.. I doubt it will change now. It's like they forever want to hold Stefan, Elena and Damon ransom to each other.. it's sad but true
I think I worded my post poorly. I just adore the 3 main ladies a lot, and would like to see a lot more of them. I would for once LOVE if a show could manage to have the main female characters not fight or get ruined because of guys. I already hated how Matt somewhat came between Caroline and Elena, and if now it will be Stefan.
I do appreciate the good chemistry between Stefan and Caroline, I just would like to see more of the girls.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I feel like Caroline and stefan are bonding because they both agree with how elena should be taking care of her transition. Neither supports Damon's attitude about the whole thing and I believe the writers thought this would be a great way to display their dynamic. Stefan and Caroline are very similar at heart

Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Hmm. Elena liked the other dress before Damon came in and liked the red dress. And then Elena said she liked the red dress, too. Oh, lawd.

And why does Stefan even care about finding this cure? I would be like forget Elena. I guess maybe he thinks if Elena is human again, she will go back with him.

ETA: Elena ... is being ridiculous. *sighs* And apparently, Bonnie is the key to everything but she can't be in an episode? Matt/Jeremy can have sexy times. And why is Elena moving into Stefan's house? That is selfish as hell.
Uh..i so agree with you!

I hate how the writers are doing it! S/e just broke up now shes already moving in there house and messing with damon! ..i love s/e..it its so wrong how there writing it

Icon
Old 11-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
i think stefan and caroline are gonna fall for each other. i dont mind. i multiship caroline like crazy!
Please, nooo. I love Stefan/Caroline but Caroline does not need yet another man falling for her. I think she has the best chemistry with Stefan out of all the men, but Tyler and Klaus already both want her.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Please, nooo. I love Stefan/Caroline but Caroline does not need yet another man falling for her.
I don't believe stefan will fall for Caroline. I think it's safe to say that part of the shows dynamic will strictly stay friendship based. I just really live that stefan has someone to lean on besides elena.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Writers simply has no clue and that is all I will say about that.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

wonder what this shane guy wants he is definately up to something, didint see him working with hayley coming but i knew he needed bonnie

Elena is definately acting strange and i dont think its because she is a vamp now. this sire bond just came out of nowhere

loving the stefan and caroline friendship

yeah i have to agree elena could of chose to live somewhere else as she knows s/d do have problems

im worried for jeremy,must say that there is some poor writing and inconsistencies

{}
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm just wondering why the writers insist on ruining all the main characters, and in the end it's really for nothing. Stefan is turning random people just so Jeremy can kill them so he can "save" Elena. Elena basically throwing Stefan out of his house so she can shack up with Damon, without feeling even bad about it. Damon, well just going along, and not even suggesting they go somewhere else.
And then it's all for some silly sire bond, which was invented last minute.

Why not just have Elena on her free will, fully functioning, say, that she is falling for Damon, and is exploring it. Be unapologetic for once, and do what she wants. Let her face the consequences of it. Let Stefan go on a drinking spree, free him from the "Save Elena" crap at least for half season.

I feel like the writers are trying to find a safe route, but in the same time they are doing the opposite, all the characters look quite ugly now, dishonest, and hypocrites.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
I feel like the writers are trying to find a safe route, but in the same time they are doing the opposite, all the characters look quite ugly now, dishonest, and hypocrites.
I fear, that they probably believe they are awesome with how they are handling it all while I, as a part time watcher, just feel like they are trolling me

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm just wondering why the writers insist on ruining all the main characters, and in the end it's really for nothing. Stefan is turning random people just so Jeremy can kill them so he can "save" Elena. Elena basically throwing Stefan out of his house so she can shack up with Damon, without feeling even bad about it. Damon, well just going along, and not even suggesting they go somewhere else.
And then it's all for some silly sire bond, which was invented last minute.

Why not just have Elena on her free will, fully functioning, say, that she is falling for Damon, and is exploring it. Be unapologetic for once, and do what she wants. Let her face the consequences of it. Let Stefan go on a drinking spree, free him from the "Save Elena" crap at least for half season.

I think this is all for drama and suspense. It's supposed to keep us interested. To be honest I thought the sire bond creates an interesting obstacle for de if they are to continue the rest of the season romantically. It's a perfect way to make it clear that elena loves him without the sire bond and that everything is real

Old 11-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaRaye (View Post)
Someone on twitter reminded me that Elena threw up Damon's blood when he thought she would be able to drink it so it kinda kills the theory about the sire bond. Also, Damon never told Elena to reminisce about their dance that happened when she was alive. Damon didn't compel her into wanting to dance with him at the pageant. This sire thing is just Caroline and Stefan having difficulty facing the music with how much Elena has changed without them realizing.
JP confirmed a sire bond.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

Steroline
now Im craving 4 MOAR!

Quote:
I love scenes with him and Caroline! *siiiiiggghhh* Is it too much to ask for them to suddenly start making out?!
it would be soooooooo good

cant care less about DE

Last edited by science girlfriend; 11-30-2012 at 03:59 AM