Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Absolute Fan

can I just say that I've never been more disgusted by a tvd scene than the one where the "gang" stormed in to kill Chris.

I sat there thinking wtf! they can't go there. again.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)
can I just say that I've never been more disgusted by a tvd scene than the one where the "gang" stormed in to kill Chris.

Oh me too. Tyler was the one that was in the right.

When Tyler becomes the Moral center and character on the show it leaves us all thinking WTF?

Apparently Tyler is the only character that has took a positive path with positive character development since S1.

Damon showed growth last night as well in trying to do the right thing for once but it was just over shadowed because of the contrived feeling behind it to make room for Delena.

Last night did bring back my warm and fuzzy for my Defan love though. I have missed the brothers relationship. I hope they can continue to move forward regardless of Pod Elena in the way.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
Pretty much all I took from this series,tbh.
well said!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)

I was also disgusted. Normally as a DE fan I should be so excited about the ep and counting down to the next ep but I don't even know if I can keep watching. So disappointed with this show right now.

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

I loved all the DE scenes

I'm glad Stefan was the one that broke up with Elena. I have always wanted that and I'm happy Stefan doesn't want to suffer like he did last time with Katherine. I think he broke up with Elena for all the right reasons.

I'm loving the Bonnie/Atticus scenes. Maybe I'm bias because I love the actor since he was on The Tudors
Did anyone find odd the story he told? Maybe him and Bonnie are the reincarnations of those historical characters? I love those kind of storylines!

I'm sure Jeremy becoming a hunter is going to backfire and BAD. He's probably going to turn against all the vampires except for his sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natz (View Post)
Whats beginning to bug me is Klaus/Caroline/Tyler and bizarrely not for the triangle but for the fact Klaus is ancient yet can be manipulated by 2 18 year olds. I don't think so
They have changed Klaus & Rebekah a lot since they first appeared and it sucks. I think it's ridiculous how easy they have fooled Klaus and how many times they have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falls from the skies (View Post)
Like it was okay that Chris got killed because it helped Elena. Chris was a friend of Tyler's. He was a friend of Haley's. He wasn't a friend of the Elena pact but sure as hell didn't deserve to die because of it.
I hate that the show makes it ok killing anyone for Elena. Chris had just helped Stefan before he got killed by Jeremy.

Finally they admitted Bonnie has suffered the most because of Elena and in the next minute they are killing a hybrid and making it ok because he isn't Elena's friend. It was like one step forward and ten steps back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
Apparently Tyler is the only character that has took a positive path with positive character development since S1.
THIS.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
Caroline/Klaus? Hes a twisted psycho who enjoys hurting people and you can't blame any switch. How are people ok with this?
MagnusXXN, please remember not to bring in real life people\shipping groups into the discussion. We should be respectful to everyone's thoughts and preferences.

Quote:
I think Silas is Shane too. Creepy.
I was wondering if that's what the show was trying to say too!

Quote:
BTW - keep forgetting to mention I love love LOVE your avatar!
Thank you Katie!

I felt bad for Tyler's friend too. Like I know usually we don't care that much about characters that are only on for one episode or are "disposable" but I felt like Chris put himself out on the line to help Tyler, Stefan, Caroline etc. and Stefan, Caroline, Jeremy (and whoever else knew about it besides for Tyler and Hayley) betrayed him and Caroline didn't even think it was a bad thing to do. She was saying how he wasn't their friend but no, he was Tyler's friend. Tyler cared about him and wanted to save him and instead he was killed in front of him. I can understand why Tyler is upset.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
MagnusXXN, please remember not to bring in real life people\shipping groups into the discussion. We should be respectful to everyone's thoughts and preferences.
Thanks for the reminder Kem.

Quote:
I was wondering if that's what the show was trying to say too!
I think the Silas thing is going to be the storyline for the second half of the season or maybe next season.

Quote:
She was saying how he wasn't their friend but no, he was Tyler's friend. Tyler cared about him and wanted to save him and instead he was killed in front of him. I can understand why Tyler is upset.
Tyler had every right to be upset. He promised Chris that he would be safe. And even if Chris wasn't Tyler's friend he didn't deserve to die. He had just helped Stefan & Elena so I think it was upsetting that they didn't even show remorse when they kill him.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Passionate Fan

With Tyler's reaction to Caroline in regards to Chris, I get the feeling that JP is at least aware that the gang's little bubble world where no one but the main group is worth anything is WRONG. Sometimes I think she or whoever is writing is just so out to lunch that they don't realise when Elena is being whiney or self-centered, when the group acts like no one else matters, etc...and then a character on the "outside" of the situation says something that voices the fans concerns and I reconsider my impression of the writers.

Now we need Bonnie or someone to say something along the lines of "you only want to see me when you need me to do magic! That isn't friendship" and so on.

Too bad little throw-away lines like that never end up amounting to anything anyway.

~Katie~
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

The first half of the episode was really boring to me. I hated the storyline with the hallucinations, but it was obviously more of a bridge episode [or whatever you call those]. It led to Jeremy killing a vampire and accepting his fate as a hunter and it lead to the Stefan/Elena break up and making way for Damon/Elena.

I'm not amused by Caroline, Stefan and most of all, Jeremy being okay with him killing the hybrid. I couldn't believe they did that. Damon obviously would. You either accept it as part of his character, or you don't.
I felt the worst for Tyler because he promised Chris that he'd be safe and then his girlfriend went ahead and did that. I mean, I'm not mad to the point where I hate them, but it's disappointing I do get it though.

I'm interested in Jeremy's storyline. I kind of love it, but I hate what will likely come out of it. I don't want a cure unless all of them get cured TBH. They should cure Klaus
But for real, what a cop pout. An effing CURE? Seriously? You can't handle the precious Elena as a vampire, you need to CURE her? I'm so annoyed by this.

I love that Stefan and Elena broke up. I was in heaven during that entire conversation. I was honestly worried throughout this episode that Elena will only break up with Stefan because he lied to her and put her brother at risk and and it would all be crappy because she would still be head over heels in love with him and I would be in shipper hell for yet another season or so.
I really loved the way it was done, especially as a Damon/Elena fan. IMO is felt natural that Damon is just able to connect with her on a different level that Stefan can't. It's always been there, but Elena wanted something different as a human, She is a vampire now and although she probably still loves Stefan, it just feels different.
I loved when Stefan told her he can't do it anymore and her response was "i know."
It was nice because it's like she took responsibility for her stringing him along for as long as she has. She wanted so badly to hold on her to human self that she even tried to love Stefan the way she did as a human.
I think it's legit. Vampire Elena is in love with Damon and isn't as connected to Stefan. I accept that because it's not like she is settling for something less or for a man she loves less. She just loves differently because she is no longer human Elena.

I'm excited for their storyline finally!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I thought that the whole thing with killing Chris was absolutely messed, absolutely draws attention to the fact that they justify whatever they want for their little group and it was horrifying.

It should have been horrifying, I liked that they are drawing attention to how horrifying it is by not just having a throw away guy that we didn't know die like usual.

I think it paints a clearer picture of the group and I loved it.

I found it delightfully f'd up.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

I like the Klaus character as the bad guy, its got it down. But the show pushing the pairing? If thats what their doing, doesn't seem like the best foot to put forward.

Sorta reminds me of Buffy/Spike, yes I'm going there people. In one scene he atempted to rape her, and the next season shes telling him how she trusts and loves him?

Sometimes people take the whole badboy thing a bit far. I don't have a problem with the shippers, just the writers who came up with it.

Who said it? Tylar the moral member of Tvd's? How did that happen? I agree with him totaly, but I'm just surprized to be doing so.

Stefen doesn't love vampire Elena. Ah. Damon loves Elena vampire or human. Ah. Doesn't that make Damon the one who loves her the most?

): )
Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Extreme Fan

I find it interesting that you are comparing Klaus and Caroline to Spike and Buffy and meaning it as an insult.

Spike and Buffy epitomize redemptive love. This is the couple that you look to to prove that it is 100% not enough just to love somebody, not to worship them or be obsessed with them, you also have to be a good person, you have to fight for the good side for your own reasons.

Many, many people don't like the attempted rape scene. I certainly don't enjoy watching it. It's painful and horrendous but I applaud the writers for going there. For knowing that the character was still evil at his core in spite of his love for her, incapable of giving her what she really needed. What else could have driven him to get a soul? And once he had the soul, it became, for him, about so much more than just Buffy.

I don't think that Klaus and Caroline are anywhere near this point, but maybe you are right. Maybe there are glimmers of Spike and Buffy in there. But to me, it doesn't point to a mistake on behalf of the writers. If anything, it just speaks to their potential.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

So I was looking back at some of the things that Professor Shane has said in the past few episodes:

Quote:
"It belonged to a very powerful witch, so powerful in fact Silas that was his name, created a spell that would grant him immortally. Now legend says that Silas did the spell with the help of a lady witch who loved him, a women named Qetsiyah. Sadly for Qetsiyah, Silas wanted to give immortal to another women, so Qetsiyah killed her and buried Silas alive. Leaving him powerless, immortal and alone."

Bonnie: No, I – I don’t practice. Not anymore. I lost control of myself and there were consequences.
Prof. Shane: Yeah, witches love their consequences, don’t they?

Bonnie: Nice cautionary tale. Qetsiyah sounds like a badass.
Shane: Nothing compared to Silas.

"I've been around the world ten times over. I've studied every supernatural creature known to man. And for the record witches are hands down the most powerful so I'm in your corner all the way. I'm your biggest ally."

"...when he completes his mark, you're gonna want to come to me because I'm gonna be the only one that can help. Trust me on that. The only one."

Shane: Well, let me tell you something, Bonnie Bennett, you’re stronger than they are. You have a power of your own you haven’t even approached yet and you don’t have to be afraid. Of anyone.
My theory is that Professor Shane is Silas and he was a warlock that did the spell to be immortal with the help of Qetsiyah. However, Qetsiyah helped him because she loved Silas but Silas loved another so Qetsiyah killed the girl and put Silas in a tomb. However he's an immortal so eventually he gets out or maybe someone lets him out. He was left powerless though either because he did a spell that was for personal gain or was too dark that the spirits didn't approve. Silas started travelling the world learning everything he could about supernatural creatures to probably find a way how he can get his magic back so he can "rise again, regain his power - wreak havoc on the world." He has found that out of all the supernatural creatures, witches are still the most powerful which makes sense because even though the show is the Vampire Diaries, I think witches have proved to be the most powerful in this verse. Silas would also think this because he was a warlock. However, he still resents Qetsiyah for being a witch that killed his love and put him in a tomb and the witch spirits for taking away his powers so he probably hates witches. But he knows if he finds one powerful enough like Bonnie who steps out on her own and uses her power for what she wants despite what the spirits say especially if she trusts "Professor Shane" and he guides her, she'll be able to help him break this curse that he's under and he can get his magic back. Of course this would be unbeknownst to her. It probably also has something to do w/ the hunter's mark. I think there's something in the mark about Silas and how to get his magic back and since he knows so much, he'll probably be able to actually read the mark unlike the others - maybe also Klaus because he's been around for awhile too but I'm not sure.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 11-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by superscar (View Post)
I find it interesting that you are comparing Klaus and Caroline to Spike and Buffy and meaning it as an insult.

Spike and Buffy epitomize redemptive love. This is the couple that you look to to prove that it is 100% not enough just to love somebody, not to worship them or be obsessed with them, you also have to be a good person, you have to fight for the good side for your own reasons.

Many, many people don't like the attempted rape scene. I certainly don't enjoy watching it. It's painful and horrendous but I applaud the writers for going there. For knowing that the character was still evil at his core in spite of his love for her, incapable of giving her what she really needed. What else could have driven him to get a soul? And once he had the soul, it became, for him, about so much more than just Buffy.

I don't think that Klaus and Caroline are anywhere near this point, but maybe you are right. Maybe there are glimmers of Spike and Buffy in there. But to me, it doesn't point to a mistake on behalf of the writers. If anything, it just speaks to their potential.
i didnt watch buffy up to that point, but i love this post. it makes so much sense and i can see that.
with these supernatural shows, it only makes sense to see it the way you desrcibed. there is something magical with the idea of an evil vampire or other evil supernatural being letting him/herself feel human because of the feeling that love ignites.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
maybe also Klaus because he's been around for awhile too but I'm not sure.
I believe he could be older than him.
A confront between them might be super interesting.

Icon