Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Elena doesn't care about Bonnie unless Bonnie can help her out. She doesn't wonder where her friend is on the first day of school? Their "friendship" is a one-sided piece of crap and I don't know why Bonnie died twice to save her. She doesn't have one true friend in that town, so I don't understand why she bends over backwards for them.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

In just for Miss Tonkin!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

WOWW!! COOL! This episode is great!!
Vampire hunter = damn that guy is getting on my nerves thank god Damon kinda tortured him lol but he is one of the five are they the greater evil? I love to see more!!

Damon = I always liked Damon in every single episode and this one he looks hot, I love the dream Elena has with him!! SHe imagined him instead of Stefan Delena love is soo happening! I love his scenes with Meredith too she knows he likes ELena, and that last scene when Damon saved elena that was like her knight I loved it!! ooh and Damon is teaching her now? Could that be good? lol

Stefan = First Ripper Stefan is hot lol and I love all his scenes with everyone and that scene when they were on a motorcycle is soo romantic. His love for her is soo admirable, I love how he finds Caroline for help the student and mentor relationship is very great to see

Elena = Wow..I gotta say Elena was good at this episode. I love seeing her angry side especially for Rebecca lol always wanting to kill her and that long stake is a great choice of weapon lol. I love her dream the most lol about elena when she is having almost sex with stefan and i love the song along with it Alex care too close to loving you great choice!

Hayley = Pheobe tonkin!! Ooh i missed her on the secret circle as faye but im glad she is on vampire diaries! She seems fun to hang out with.

Rebecca = I wonder what is happening with her I feel bad for her, I still like her with Matt they look good together.

Next week episode looks good!! Elena is learning from damon this will look good!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
Yes, Elena is angry and out of control-ish, but I don't think she's that much like Damon at all. She's depressed and super compassionate. Just because she wants to kill, which is kind of her nature, doesn't make her Damon. Especially since she's gonna hate herself the second it happens.
I can see where they are alike. Both of them fell for vampires while they were human, against their better judgement. Both sacrificed the safety of their family as well as their own safety for said vampires.

The Elena-so-innocent act is something she feels she has to live up to. I don't think it's really her. I think this is confirmed by her reaffirming herself in her mirror all the time of how she NEEDS to act in order to please others.
Quote:
"Dear Diary, today will be different. It has to be. I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile will say, "I'm fine, thank you. Yes, I feel much better." I will no longer be the sad little girl that lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through."
She thinks they won't accept her if she doesn't pretend to be perfect. This is why whenever she has an idea or plan that she doesn't think the rest of the group agrees with, she goes to Damon. Damon accept her flaws and and she knows he does.

Her little I-am-innocent act is emphasized again when she confessed to Caroline that she can't allow herself to accept she has feelings for Damon
Quote:
"because what does that make me?"
Elena has been in denial for quite a while about her darker side and her becoming a vampire will only cause her to accept it because she won't be able to ignore it anymore. That's just the way I see the situation re: Elena embracing her vampirism and deepest repressed feelings
Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Where is Bonnie and why does no one care? Elena and Bonnie's friendship is kind of a joke at this point tbh. Like I'm sure Elena will call her up when she needs a spell, but these two are so far from what they were in S1 that Bonnie shouldn't even help her anymore. Clearly Matt is Elena's best friend.
This, now I am a Bonnie fan but I do not expect her to be in every ep but I dont like the way they are writing the friendships. When they need spell/magic thats when everyone is looking for Bonnie and going to her for help but when she is sad or not there no one even mentions her or calls to see where/how she is? Why wasnt she in school?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay for Phoebe Tonkin! I'm so glad to see her and Claire Holt on the same show again, used to love H20.
p.s. Otherwise I'm fairly over TVD at this point, sad to say
Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

I was suprised how much I liked the Damon and Klaus dynamic. I'm just sorry Klaus kinda double crossed Damon by saving the hunter...but I'm interested to learn more about "The Five".

I really enjoyed Meredith too. Her advice to Damon was good. I loved the Stefan and Caroline discussions. I was happy to see Stefan admit his struggles and I look forward to seeing more of their friendship.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

As an SE fan all I can say is: Just put DE together for godsake This wishy-washy sht is so very tiring and overplayed. Please set Stefan free from this painstakingly contrived triangle.

Stefan/Caroline... SO MUCH LOVE Their friendship is just lovely and I really hope JP continues to give them scenes. I love how they build each other's confidence up with just a few words. Paul and Candice have amazing screen presence together.. they had the best scenes in this episode

Elena.. if you want to sell Elena as being more like Damon then do it... don't say that she is the most compassionate person ever and then say something that condradicts the whole bloody thing The writing is just stupid at times.

Damon... arghh... why do they have characters pimping him constantly on this show.. yet we never see any proof of it. I don't want to be told how "totally.. like awesome" Damon is.. I want the show to actually show us this.. it's so corny and it just makes me dislike Damon even more then I already do

Stefan... YOU ARE FLAWLESS MY LOVE!! Amazing. You are the reason I watch this show.

Stefan/Klaus.. 'gimme gimme more, gimme more, gimme gimme more'. I can't wait for more of them
Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan's Sweetheart♄ (View Post)
As an SE fan all I can say is: Just put DE together for godsake This wishy-washy sht is so very tiring and overplayed. Please set Stefan free from this painstakingly contrived triangle.

Stefan/Caroline... SO MUCH LOVE Their friendship is just lovely and I really hope JP continues to give them scenes. I love how they build each other's confidence up with just a few words. Paul and Candice have amazing screen presence together.. they had the best scenes in this episode

Elena.. if you want to sell Elena as being more like Damon then do it... don't say that she is the most compassionate person ever and then say something that condradicts the whole bloody thing The writing is just stupid at times.

Damon... arghh... why do they have characters pimping him constantly on this show.. yet we never see any proof of it. I don't want to be told how "totally.. like awesome" Damon is.. I want the show to actually show us this.. it's so corny and it just makes me dislike Damon even more then I already do

Stefan... YOU ARE FLAWLESS MY LOVE!! Amazing. You are the reason I watch this show.

Stefan/Klaus.. 'gimme gimme more, gimme more, gimme gimme more'. I can't wait for more of them
I agree with all of this.

I want Stefan far away from both Damon and Elena. Hopefully we'll get more Stefan/Caroline scenes or Stefan/Bonnie scenes. Hell, I'll take scenes with Klaus. At least keep him around people that appreciate him and care for him. Too bad that Lexi's dead and Katherine is MIA.

At this point they should just put Damon and Elena together already. The back and forth is nauseating and both characters are beginning to look silly. Let them date, please. They deserve each other, they really do.

No Bonnie, what a surprise.

I care less and less about Jeremy with each passing episode.

Matt was great, as was Caroline. Don't really care much about Tyler and the hybrid stuff.

Rebekah was pretty funny. I loved her scene with that girl (forgot her name) at the end. Add Rebekah to the long list of characters that I would rather have Stefan interact with.

Overall, the episode was pretty boring. I thought it was a small step up from last episode, but a huge drop-off from the premiere. I'm already sensing a downward sloping pattern with this season.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
That's not really true though. Damon has gotten a lot of hate from the characters and Stefan is regularly boosted up by everyone and their mother. A mini-shrine could be built for the man.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode.

It seems like I am actually getting my wish, they are going to let Elena get a bit evil, and get even. Yes, she can't stake Rebecca, but I like her being angry at Rebecca, it seems like she is the only one really furious at her. I like the new violent streak, and how they are exploring her turning into a vampire and the struggle with it.

I don't rally care for the triangle, but right now it does seem like it is heading to Damon/Elena direction. Stefan might not be able to accept Elena as she is turning to be, while Damon isn't afraid to look at the ugly side of it all.

What I don't like is the contrived Tyler cheating on Caroline to make Caroline/Klaus happen.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by covington (View Post)
That's not really true though. Damon has gotten a lot of hate from the characters and Stefan is regularly boosted up by everyone and their mother. A mini-shrine could be built for the man.
Maybe for you but to me.. the writers are constantly having certain characters (Alaric, Rose, Meredith) tell me how wonderful Damon can be and yet I never, ever see it portrayed on the screen. Instead of telling me... why don't they freaking show me

And as for Stefan (figures that my one statement would be turned into a Stefan vs Damon thing) when someone tells me that he is compassionate.. I see it actually being translated on to my screen. I have no problems with anyone telling me the awesome-ness of Stefan because it verifies the Stefan being showed on my screen.

^
Also Stefan does accept that Elena maybe changing.. he is just worried that he won't be able to follow her down that road because of how off the rails he gets. Damon can control that side of himself.. it's easy for him to be there for Elena during the feeding and maiming of people. Anyway, if they want to do DE they should just do it. The back and forth is what is killing this show.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And as for Stefan (figures that my one statement would be turned into a Stefan vs Damon thing) when someone tells me that he is compassionate.. I see it actually being translated on to my screen. I have no problems with anyone telling me the awesome-ness of Stefan because it verifies the Stefan being showed on my screen.
I think Shu was just giving an example as to another character that she feels gets praise from everyone on the show. I could say the same thing about Elena - the people on the show put her on a pedestal all the time. Can some people see why? Of course! Can others not see why? Of course! So I'd say the show "telling" vs. "showing on screen" depends on if you like the character or not TBH.

I'm not even a fan of TC and it doesn't sound like Tyler would cheat on Caroline either. IDK if we're suppose to read into that it was just implied and maybe it will be clarified next week as to not what we think - that Tyler cheated but it was something less - like they had an emotional connection but nothing ever actually happened.

Villanelle჊

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

^^

In a way the back and forth is now needed, JMO. I like all 3 characters in the triangle, and if they went too fast with DE, it would somewhat destroy some characters. So, I like the build up, the organic flow to DE. In S3 Stefan wasn't thrown under the bus to be a ripper, so I appreciate that Elena isn't now either, to make DE happen.

Also, while Stefan IS shown to be really caring and empathetic character, Damon has been shown to have that side too. If he didn't care, he would be long gone out of town.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was great! I'm glad Klaus is back because I missed his evil side. Can't wait to see next week's because I think that one will be crazy with Elena going insane as a vampire being at a night party. Let's hope Damon helps her though it!