Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

havent seen the ep yet but awww happy she picked Stefan

Quote:
Guys, am I the only one who sees absolutely no point to either ship now? They can all screw around forever now. Elena can have a lifetime with Stefen, then a lifetime with Damon, and the cycle contiues
Bamon & Steroline forever
Old 05-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Elite Fan

now that tyler is gone, i can ship Stefan/Caroline like i did back in season 1.
this is frustrating though. i really hate that he's gone.. like WHERE THE HELL IS HE?
i dont get it if klaus is alive, then tyler shouldnt be dead either, right?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

& so Alaric is dead?

bye bye my fav character
it really is like Charlie on Lost all over again

Last edited by science girlfriend; 11-23-2012 at 06:34 AM
Old 05-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

oh, something I forgot on the previous page, that little moment when Damon's having his talk with Elena on the phone and you see Alaric standing there, waiting for Damon to hang up ... gave me goosebumps for some reason

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

i lolled when elijah came to make a deal with elena and stefan and then all of a sudden we hear damon's voice over the phone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol.
it was funny.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
i lolled when elijah came to make a deal with elena and stefan and then all of a sudden we hear damon's voice over the phone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol.
it was funny.
I LOVED that scene so much. Little phone conferance where Damon was unfortunately the distant party and had to voice his displeasure through phone.

I am rooting for all the parties in this triangle, I am loving all the characters so much. But trusting Elijah again was a mistake, and I want to see Rebecka staying in the town after trying to kill off Elena and Matt. She won't have any friends left.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

i think its a little different though because elena doesnt WANT to be a vampire, so seeing her be turned was crazy and out of her control. It seemed kind of inevitable though, her whole life is around vampires, it makes sense that she would be turned.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad reputation (View Post)
i think its a little different though because elena doesnt WANT to be a vampire, so seeing her be turned was crazy and out of her control. It seemed kind of inevitable though, her whole life is around vampires, it makes sense that she would be turned.
it kind of makes things more simple in terms of being in love with vampires
maybe she and matt and give it another go!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

lol the thing with the whole DE flashback thing was to tell DE fans that Damon compelled her to fall in love basically. It's really not that hard to understand. But it's a bone, just as the SE stuff is sooo I really don't see how any ship won in this ep tbh. & when they go with SE next season, according to JP's interview "for a little while", they're going to have Elena go back and forth between the brothers and not make any logical sense whatsoever, because JP is living in Twilight world.

btw the last few seconds...totally like freaking Breaking Dawn. So fcking stupid and ridiculous for a show that says that they aren't like Twilight at all LOL. & I didn't even watch that movie to know that, I watched it on YT.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

i didnt get from the episoe that she was compelled to love stefan.

i got that she wanted passion, consuming love etc. BEFORE her parents died, but then after the accident she wanted something else..w hich is what stefan gave her.

i think it was supposed to be an ironic and sad moment for DE and their fans. SSaying, oh wait, she DID meet damon first, and damon IS what she wanted. But then things changed and it was out of anyones control.

JMO.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

i dont see it as a sad moment at all, but i also dont think damon compelled her to fall in love with stefan.
he may have compelled her to be strong enough to break up with matt and let herself love again though.

that scene showed that she was completely fascinated and smitten by damon. he already weaseled his way into her head and then took it away from her.

he then confessed his love to her years later and then in a selfless act, took the memory away because he knew it wasnt something she needed to hear and it wasnt the right time for her to hear it. he just needed to say it. she doesnt know these things happened. she doesnt remember the stranger she met in the middle of the street or the way he made her feel. but now she will remember and her "choice" will not be as easily made anymore.

i think they are just recreating a damon/stefan/katherine triangle in the modern days, but i also feel like it will turn out the opposite where she will ultimately choose damon, just to contrast between the two triangles. jmo though.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Right....let me try and sum this up

Things I liked...

- Jer and Matt continuing to have scenes. YAY.
- Forwood actually managed to get me to love them a bit these last two eps....I have sucky timing
- The flashbacks. All of them were amazing.
- The acting. Everyone was flawless. Stand out moments for me were Nina in the underwater scenes...that must have been SO HARD. And Ian's face when Ric died, knowing what that meant.
- They still continue to describe DE in the way that I see them at least. The all consuming love is exactly what I want them to be
- At least Ric sort of got to die in Damon's arms...

Things I didn't like...

WHERE DO I BEGIN

Ok...

- Alaric is dead. I've known it would happen since Matt got his new show. But I still hate it.

- But on top of that...NOBODY IS EVER REALLY DEAD ON THIS SHOW AND IT SUCKS. Like....how are we ever supposed to feel any emotional impact? I mean...we've basically got the promise of ghost Alaric now...and Klaus didn't die...and did Tyler die? WHO KNOWS.

- Klaus didn't die. Scratch that...NONE OF THE ORIGINALS DIED. It's not even that I don't like them. It's just that I'm sick of them being the focus. The show needs to move onto something else. Klaus has been the villain for a season and a half already, and he will continue to be the villain in S4? Jeez.

- Klaus in Tyler's body. IF HE SLEEPS WITH CAROLINE. IT WILL BE THE GROSSEST THING OF ALL THE GROSS THINGS.

- Did Bonnie kill Tyler? Nobody in here seems to think that...you all seem to think Tyler is alive...is there a reason for that? (My stream died on me at the end) Because if Bonnie DID kill Tyler, then WTF character assasination. As if she killed a friend I hope you'll be able to calm my fears over this one at least

- Elena turning. Yes, I knew it would happen eventually. But I just did not want it yet. And it wasn't shocking to me at all. Elena turning would only have been a shock if she CHOSE to turn one day. Yes...it does open up new opportunities...but I still think we've gone there too soon.

- Triangle wise...I will hold my hands up and say that I 100% believed that this season was building up to Elena choosing Damon, and then something would come between them. But her choosing Stefan isn't actually my issue at the moment. The writers are clearly just postponing and postponing....my issue was DEs phonecall scene. 'I care about you.' She actually loves him. Like....she does....JP (lol) has confirmed that she does...whatever sort of love we each believe it to be...as if she wouldn't tell Damon that if she though he was going to die?

It's unbelievable. Honestly...the writing for the triangle was abysmal in this ep, and I don't really see why either side should be that happy. I thought the triangle was going to cool down next season...but it's clearly just going to start right back up again. SE will be together again....DE will have moments....hopefully Damon will 'move on' because when DE happen in the future, it will have to be Elena pursuing him after all this.

But it's like....they should have just stuck with one or the other. I won't go into it any more because I'm rambling and won't make sense. But IMO, DE are endgame...but I no longer trust the writers to give me the journey that I believe in. And it has ALWAYS been about the journey for me.

So yeah....maybe I'll feel better about it tomorrow I just really wasn't shocked by anything. The only two things that shocked me were when Ric staked Klaus and I thought he was genuinely dead for good...and when Elena said 'I care about you' to Damon

EDIT: Agreed with you guys! Elena wasn't compelled to love Stefan. After the crash, she needed a different sort of love...and that's what she got from Stefan. The whole point of that scene was that now Elena has turned...she'll want different things. That safe, comforting love won't be enough for her anymore. But for a vamp with heightened emotions, an all consuming love will be appealing. SE will be together for a while...but anyone that thinks that DE won't be together after is ignoring facts.

Which is why I think the writers are screwing us all over
Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

for real, right?
"i care about you." yes, thats why u were torn between making a choice between a guy you care about and a guy you love. butttt, it makes sense. she wasnt about to declare her love for damon only to tell him, HEY IM PICKING STEFAN LOLBYE.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
for real, right?
"i care about you." yes, thats why u were torn between making a choice between a guy you care about and a guy you love. butttt, it makes sense. she wasnt about to declare her love for damon only to tell him, HEY IM PICKING STEFAN LOLBYE.
I get this, I do

Like...if we had gotten 'I love you Damon, but I still love Stefan' I would have hated it too

But I CARE ABOUT YOU. It's like....it's frustrating because we know that Elena loves Damon....maybe people can argue that she isn't IN love with him, if they want, and that is fine...it just frustrates me because the writers often do things that I don't like...but up until now they have NEVER done something I don't like with DE. But this one line....UGH. I wish Damon hadn't picked up the phone tbh.

I also wish they'd just had Elena say something more believable about why she chose Stefan....the met him first line was laughable. You don't stick with a person just because you loved them first. I know that wasn't her only reason...but the fact that it was made so prominent was just stupid
Old 05-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

JP has said that she's in love with him so it's just hilarious LOL.