Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
This episode was very boring!

Where the hell is Katherine when you need her!
I was sad... I was really hoping Katherine mad an appearance.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
No, she said things MIGHT be different. And do you really think that teeny, TINY 2 minute conversation with Damon is gonna negate/erase her love and EVERYTHING she felt for Stefan? Damon was a stranger to her back then. It's a moot point. It wouldn't change anything.
Agreed Knowing that Elena met Damon first means nothing in the actual scheme of things... It will make for some confused moments next season.. I am sure... but SE will prevail.. this season has pretty much undoubtedly made me believe that SE will always prevail... they are the lovestory... imo anyways
Old 05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I was sad... I was really hoping Katherine mad an appearance.
Til this day, she still has the best entrance on the show. The good ol days of S1
Old 05-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Til this day, she still has the best entrance on the show. The good ol days of S1
God Yes... granted i did like S2 and parts of S3 but season one will always hold my heart.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I agree with those, who said, that Damon meeting Elena first changes nothing. It's not fact, that Damon talked to her for 2 minutes before she ever met Stefan, but the fact, how Stefan affected her life. He made her want to live, brought the spring back to her step. What Elena meant, was, that had Damon been that person in her life first, things would be different.

The big change is, that Elena is going to be a vampire, and feel completely different from now on.

And finally, the idiot I am, I get why D/S etc didn't die. So, Bonnie let Kalus take over Tyler's body? But why did Alaric die?

And yes, the best parts of the episode were, when Jeremy and Damon both realized, that Elena would be dead.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally cried in the last couple of minutes of the episode, not gonna lie. The flashback to Elena being in the car with her parents and Ric telling Jeremy goodbye... so good. That song was so haunting and sad. =(

Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM
New Fan

I don't think it's just that she actually met Damon first after saying maybe it would have been different if she had. It's what he told her... that she wanted an all consuming love (similar words she used to Matt about her feelings for Damon) and she'll remember that what he said resonated with her and that she realized that is what she wanted (at that time, anyway).

At least that's what I'm telling myself. But the couples I want to get together in shows with triangles almost never get together in the end so I'm sure I've put the bet on the wrong pony yet again.

Was I the only one that was totally shocked about her becoming a vampire? I just assumed the whole time that her heart would stop and she'd be dead for a few seconds, long enough to kill Ric, and then S would give her CPR and it would be hunky-dory.
So they sure got me there!

EDIT:
As far as Damon being OOC for season 1... the best I can do is chalk it up to his soft spot for Katherine. He WUVved his widdle Kafwin so he was already in whipped-mode and then when it wasn't her he was caught off guard. That's how I'm writing off that one.

Tweet?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
But why did Alaric die?
Because Elena died, Esther linked Alaric's life to Elena's.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Seriously? This ep ruined all couples in 40 minutes.

Damon/Elena
Tyler/Caro
Klaus/Caro

Ok she was supposed to pick Stefan but he doesnt know that yet and now that she's a vampire, i'm guessing she's got more on her plate

DE I can't say I really liked the ep bc i'm so disappointed, maybe I gotta sleep on it.
Damon & Elena
Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was highly pissed that they killed Klaus & then SHOCKER he's not dead but his body is burned up. Klaus isn't Klaus without his face :[ So relieved Tyler isn't dead but wth is gonna happen now? This waiting might kill me. UGH!

As far as DE and SE I still don't care who she ends up with but Damon broke my heart when she choose Stefan. Stefan made me fall in love with him after he saved Matt when elena wanted him too. Neither of these boys should be put through this. I say they just both move on.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Because Elena died, Esther linked Alaric's life to Elena's.
I truly am an idiot.

I guess Matt is alive, because there wasn't any talk about him at all.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhashin (View Post)
I truly am an idiot.

I guess Matt is alive, because there wasn't any talk about him at all.
The show can be very confusing at times

Yeah I think he is
Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

I'm confused - why is Damon telling Elena what she really wants really valid? Damon tells Elena she wants an all consuming love, dangerous, powerful, but then he also compels her to be happy, and get what she wants. She meets Stefan, chooses him, loves him, and he makes her happy and feel alive. So isn't that declaring what she wants - she wants the love Stefan gives her. All Damon did was compel her to be happy/get what she wants, and she did.

But I definitely think Elena will remember everything, and that is going to change the triangle forever. I am so excited for next season I can't even explain it. I thought the finale was awesome, and shocking, and heartbreaking. And just good. So I'm definitely pleased.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:32 PM
New Fan

As screwed up as this show is..majority of these actors deserve awards!!!
This episode was emotionally draining...where was the epicness?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

After watching the second time, I just had to come and post, that Alaric wins all the awards of being the Creapiest Guardian ever. Instead of sneaking upon Jeremy, and causing him nearly have a heart attack, how about telling him, that you are not your evil version any more, just to calm him down a bit.