Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode kind of bored me as a whole. The only thing that got me was the Alaric stuff.

Speak of Alaric he broke my heart when he decided he didn't want to transition. Those scenes where he said goodbye to Jeremy & Elena were so heartbreaking b/c they had all become this weird little family & his final scene w/Damon I kinda like how they didn't play it sad but that they sorta joked around w/each other & had a drink b/c it was so them. I hate that they took away Damon's only friend & MD crying was just hard to watch. I don't want old Ric to be gone forever. I don't care if they have to do some stupid non believable spell to magically bring him back I will eat it up w/a spoon & not ask any questions b/c I just can't

I didn't understand why Caroline was sooooo focused on Elena's love life. I mean it was one thing to be pro-Stefan & want SE to get back together (to that I was whatever she's allowed to her opinion) but I didn't quite get why she was also trying to warn off Matt. My old MC loving heart would like to think that maybe she was feeling territorial or jealous but I don't even think that's what that was about so it was just sort of weird. Like Caroline don't you have your own harem of boys to be worried about.

As far as SE were concerned they gave off friendship vibes to me. & there's nothing wrong w/being friends w/your ex but that's how they played to me. Very platonic & I could see this being the way they now define their relationship. I see love there but no passion like Stefan is Elena's rock & her best friend now.

I was happy to see Matt & Jeremy getting into the action! Awesome way to let them save the day by trapping the vampires. & I loved seeing them bond at the end over a shot! Although I was like can't someone just get a broom & sweep up that salt

I wonder if we will be seeing Esther again & if she will be using Bonnie to do her bidding again.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

when you watch this scene you realize this is the main cast of vampire diaries ( except meredith) and you don't want to lose any of them and alaric was like a father for elena and jeremy, a good friend for damon ( love their bromance ! ) and a listener for everybody. so please don't let him die !
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

I really liked this episode. Stefan and Elena scenes were great, I really miss them together as a couple. Everyone getting together for Alaric was very powerful without saying anything, it was so sad , and poor Damon, realizing his friend as he knew him is gone, I felt sorry for him.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

The episode was good.....and its really sad about Alaric but hopefully there is a way to get him back to normal. Damon needs his bud!
I actually like Klaus now, which I never thought would happen!
SE and DE.....well thats not gonna be concluded till the finale so I guess we can keep watching and see what happens.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
SE surprised me actually. Their scenes were....strange...like...there was tension there, and it was sort of awkward. Stefan was clearly overjoyed that she asked him to the dance. But I don't think it's good for him that he was kinda burying his head in the sand about what happened in Denver. Elena was clearly happy....but she was also alot more reluctant than he was. The scenes just felt kinda strange to me. Like...they didn't bother me. I look forward to an SE friendship in S4. I also think they will kiss in the finale. But I think it will be Elena's way of saying goodbye to the past. So yeah...we shall see.
I do not think that is what Stefan was trying to do, he told her to figure out her feelings and that is what she did.. She tried to tell him but maybe it's me but why does he need to know the details when he kind of already knew how close they gotten before this. I think Stefan is trying to respectfully not pressure Elena then she already feels so that is why he didn't probe her for details on what happen in Denver.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm not an Alaric fan. Never cared for him at all, but the last scene was sad. The group just gets smaller and its so scary, cause I don't want anymore to die. Stop the killing!!

The Stefan and Elena scenes were so cute. What I love about SE is the fact they don't need to have some rauncy make out session to prove their love. They are more than sex. Their love is deeper and this episode proved that. I kept smiling whenever they went "A girl I used to date told me"

Bonnie and Jamie....yes I'm a Bonnie fan, yes I want her happy, but not with Jamie. They had 1 scene and now they are making out?! Just so forced to me. Bonnie being possessed and fed on was to much for me. I'm sick of her just being used like that. I really want their to be a moment where she just screams and tells everyone to F off.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuly (View Post)
The scene with the whole group at the cemetery was amazing!
agreed. best part of the ep.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh my lord! Ric? RIC! I'm just in shock and I can't... even... . The next episodes are going to be absolutely amazing. This episode seriously reminded me that there is so much more to this show than the triangle (although I do have a love/hate relationship with the triangle, though it frustrates me and I'd rather it not really exist - if it didn't, we probably wouldn't get half of the amazing scenes that we do). And Bonnie, wow. I missed you (ahem go back to Jer please )

Last, but most importantly ... I think this episode proved to me that, after all the drama is over, there'll be two extremely special people still left standing next to one another, even more adorable than they were 63 episodes, but having gone through hell and high waters to get to where they will be. Stefan is Elena's home, after the excitement has died down and we're trying to return to some semblance of normal life (although - how normal can you get when you're walking with vampires?), there's no doubt who she ultimately wants and needs in her life. And when so many people in her life have died and been taken away from her - as he said ... "You have me." Such beautiful scenes, such pure, eternal love. Thank you for reinforcing my love, TVD writers!

Damn near to perfect, this episode.
Drown me,
Swallow me w h o l e
Bobbie Face {all rights reserved for Katie} |Twitter | Tumblr
Old 04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I used to hate Klaus. In fact I thought he was damn ugly but now whenever i watch his scenes with Caroline, I am strangely transfixed and fascinated. In fact, I rewind the scenes to watch again. Sure KLaus...I'll come see the world with you...wink.
When did this guy get so hot?

I gotta say, I am a bit pissed Alaric is no longer human.
He is one of my fave male characters on the show and wanted him to stay human, a normal dude. But I also know Matt Davis will rock his new material as a badass.

I loved the scene between Matt and Jeremy at the bar drinking to Alaric.

I was all for DE but now that i saw the scenes between SE...I like them together. Damn.

I don't blame Elena for being confused. I'm confused myself.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Absolute Fan

that candlelight scene of them at the tomb, it's just the most beautiful scene, perfect music, perfect reactions from all - and if anything, it's proven that Alaric is the silent backbone of this show - sure he may not be front and center, he may not have made waves, but he was the one dependable guy they all could count on to talk or just have someone to listen and trust, he was always there, and losing him is gonna be a big blow to everyone.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Although I was like can't someone just get a broom & sweep up that salt
Or even Jeremy or Matt could just kick the salt away w/ their foot! I didn't get why it wasn't possible. It's not like they made the salt ingrained into the floor.

Quote:
I don't care if they have to do some stupid non believable spell to magically bring him back I will eat it up w/a spoon & not ask any questions b/c I just can't
I could take that they've done it before and I want our Alaric back.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Lookie the pic I found - our cast gathered on the grounds of the tomb at the candlelight vigil for Alaric!

I'm just glad that for one moment, it was everyone of the cast there - I don't even care if some characters aren't even close to Alaric, just seeing the unity of all the cast standing as one breaks my heart! There won't be another special moment like this when they are all together.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the still, I wish there was more group moments like that. Thanks for sharing!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Absolute Fan

I just found one Alaric tribute vid for this episode that just broke my heart all over again! Especially flashback scenes with everyone standing at the tomb (except Tyler - seems people forget that he and Alaric actually had a scene in S1 before) --- but damn such a perfect song!

Part of me hopes that Alaric is at peace now where nothing can hurt him, but another part of me doesn't believe that he could ever be at peace if Jeremy/Elena/Damon and others are in danger, he's a protector by nature, he wouldn't go peacefully into the light to let the others fight the battles, especially not against his own evil-self.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 04-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

im so glad it was damon/alaric in the tomb together. at least the writers paid tribute to their awesomeness.