Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes at least we saw Bonnie has a house & bed! I feel bad for Bonnie always getting hurt too!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Ugh, I can tell we are going to be put through the wringer with Alaric. First tonight, and then whenever he dies for real! This show always does sad stuff so well.

While I appreciate(understand) that Elena feels something for both the brothers, I am getting reaaaally tired of the back-and-forth. It just feels...wrong. Quit jerking them along, Elena...this is going to hurt REALLY bad for whoever she doesn't choose(if she doesn't just say "no" to both)

Also, it seems like this show is getting to be more and more a relationship show..almost every scene is just about some couple or triangle or something. I wish they would focus more on all the other stuff!

I enjoyed the episode, anyway. Alaric is going to be super bad@$$!

~Katie~
Old 04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

SE, SE, SE!!! To be honest.. nothing.. not even my beloved Klaus (whose scenes were awesome.. Joseph blows me away) could steal my attention tonight IT WAS ALL SE FOR ME

I LOVE YOU CAROLINE
Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

I do like that although Elena agreed with Caroline suggestion to invite Stefan she did point out that Caroline was biased, at least Elena is showing some sort of reaction and not going with the wagon just for the sake of it. I like it especially because when many people - including Caroline - suggested she felt something for Damon, she didn't discredit their opinion about it or took it with a grant of salt.
As a DE fan this episode was much harmless to DE than I expected it to be. I really expected SE to kiss or something...

I loved the Alaric part because it was for a change unexpected. Of course I don't like he's bad now, that Damon lost his other half, and that he'll die eventually as Esther said. It breaks my heart, but we all knew he was going to die or way or the other...

I loved Joseph Morgan and Klaus, as usual. I don't want him dead at all.

I loved Damon being territorial about his brother with Klaus that was pretty funny. But then again when Damon isn't funny?
x
Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bet they are saving the SE kiss for the finale
Old 04-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
I bet they are saving the SE kiss for the finale
Yep.. I agree Jen
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also, it seems like this show is getting to be more and more a relationship show..almost every scene is just about some couple or triangle or something. I wish they would focus more on all the other stuff!
Agreed. I enjoyed it more first season when it felt less about the couples.
Quote:
I loved Damon being territorial about his brother with Klaus that was pretty funny. But then again when Damon isn't funny?
One of my favorite scenes. "Well he's already got a brother" or whatever he said.

Any, I loved and adored this episode. As much as i hate to say it i almost wish Ric would have really died. It would have been the perfect ending for him IMO. That all scene was beautiful from the EAJ moment which had me misty eyed to Ric walking out and seeing everyone there for him. I figured something as gonna happen to make him transition but i was actually rooting against it.

SE owned my heart. Their ending scenes is just why I fell in love with them.

I really hope all the TC chatter wasn't a foreshadow for what might happen in season 4 for Tyler. I will cry if he sacrifices himself so Klaus can die and Caroline can be safe. Really loved that scene in the gym as well with those two.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

That last Damon and Alaric scene

Quote:
And Alaric bit her.... does that mean she's a vamp/witch now?
She doesn't have vampire blood in her system so she can't turn into a vampire. I think she was just bit and that's the extent of it.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That last Damon and Alaric scene
He finally gave Ric a real apology and not just he crap recycled one he gave to Mason Lockwood.

I really felt like they should have let Ric really die there. THat entire scenes from EAJ to all them waiting outside the mausoleum to the music and then the DA scene. It would have been a perfect way for him to go.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was a lot better than I expected.

Alaric is a million times better as a villain. I can't wait to see what happens next.

It was so good to see the old Klaus back. Specially the speech he gave to her mother, JoMo totally nailed that scene. Also I loved his scene with Stefan. It seems Klaus is never going to give up on him.
His scene with Rebekah/Esther was pretty good. JoMo has the best chemistry with Claire.

I ship DE but I enjoyed the SE moments. I love dark!Stefan but in this episode Stefan reminded me why I love his character so much. Besides he tried to apologize to Bonnie and that meant a lot.

It was nice to see Bonnie getting involved with the plot and people actually talking about her and her feelings but her relationship with Jaime is a joke. That ship has 0 build and it seems the writers aren't even trying. Also it's ridiculous how comfortable Jaime is with all the supernatural stuff when he was incredible freak out by Abby turning into a vampire.

TC had some of the best moments Tyler is just the best. First he's smart enough to keep the sire thing a secret and second he's willing to sacrifice himself so Caroline can be safe and happy.
Caroline told him she loves him and only him and doesn't care about anyone else

One of the greatest moments was to see the entire cast together saying goodbye to Alaric. It was rare because we never get to see more than 4 or 5 people interacting.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Alaric and Jeremy with tears
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
He finally gave Ric a real apology and not just he crap recycled one he gave to Mason Lockwood.

Damon: Sorry I killed ya. Twice.
Alaric: So I have to actually die to get a real apology out of you.

That conversation was so them that it hurt even more. And I don't know if it's possible to get Alaric!Alaric back but if it's not, I would have preferred he went out that way too which is big for me b\c I never ever wanted Alaric to die. But he wouldn't want to live like this.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was nice to see Bonnie getting involved with the plot and people actually talking about her and her feelings but her relationship with Jaime is a joke. That ship has 0 build and it seems the writers aren't even trying. Also it's ridiculous how comfortable Jaime is with all the supernatural stuff when he was incredible freak out by Abby turning into a vampire.
This yes. I love Bonnie. She and Tyler grew on me. Both characters i really didn't like in season one and now are some of my favorites. Im not a big Crazy OMG Bonnie gets crapped on fan all the time but even I was sort of rolling my eyes at the Jamie stuff. I was like how is he so comfortable with all of this. Not that long ago he could barely handle his "mother figure" becoming a vamp and now hes just okay with it all. I guess all their build up and interaction happend of screen like always with Bonnie. It really felt pathetic. I almost wish Klaus had killed Jamie and would could see Bonnie call all crazy dark magic on his butt.

Quote:
That conversation was so them that it hurt even more. And I don't know if it's possible to get Alaric!Alaric back but if it's not, I would have preferred he went out that way too which is big for me b\c I never ever wanted Alaric to die. But he wouldn't want to live like this.
Yes, glad im not the only one to see it that way.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I guess all their build up and interaction happend of screen like always with Bonnie.
It would have been a little bit better if they have gotten a scene before the dance. But it was all so rushed. The last time we saw them Bonnie just told him they weren't related and the next time they meet they end up making out? It's just so forced.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Team Badass til the end! At the end of the day, it was still Damon and Alaric side by side, no words needed, as they stand by each other!

And Alaric's scenes with Jeremy and Elena! I don't care what anyone else says, those are HIS kids - he took care of them, he fought through hell for them, he gave up his life for them! Those are his babies and always will be!

That scene at the tomb with everyone there saying goodbye with the candle light was just so beautiful! It was the best scene of the season, maybe even the whole series for me, just so beautiful to see all of them there - all the people who are Alaric's friends and all those kids he's looked out for as their teacher - so heartbreaking! I am so glad Julie fought to keep that scene in when others wanted to cut it! That scene needed to be there!

Somebody give Matt Davis an award, this man carried this episode!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT