Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightstar (View Post)
lol i wish ,i so wish that she just say i`m done with all of you ...but watch Stefan and Damon go to her again using the word ``Elena ``to help them.It is the way this show works
I, at some point, would agree with this. I'm not happy that Bonnie just gets used to everything "Elena" or "vampire." It would've been better to see her stand for what she believes in (in no dramatic or emotionally-attached way).
Old 02-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
Anyone else think that the actor who plays Troy is just absolutely brilliant casting? He actually looks like a mix of both elijah and klaus, it's scary!
You mean Kol, not Troy...

But yeah, it is very brilliant casting! Appearance-wise Kol is almost a mini-Elijah, but personality-wise, you have Kol being just as insane, if not 10 times more insane than Klaus! It's a perfect combo!

Quote:
I can't believe this evil wench shot my Alaric. He better be okay, or else I'll break into the writers' room and hyjac them all like in the movie Misery.
ALARIC!
I'm starting to think Alaric should go and become a hermit, this guy's like a human target practice, it's like he's carrying some neon sign on him telling everyone to attack him or something....poor thing...

Maybe Damon can just lock him in the basement for his own safety? I'm seriously afraid of him even getting outside for air and have a tree fall on him...I mean, with his luck, it'll happen...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 02-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It is also her duty as a witch to keep the balance and protect the innocent. She is one of the "good" witches like Lucy said and she has to be in the middle because that´s her place.
This is true and I think Bonnie would be helping the innocent, even if Elena wasn't involved. I really believed that after she said this in S2:
Quote:
Bonnie: Jeremy, you think I was born with these powers so I could float feathers and blow out candles? There's a reason, I was called to do this.
Bonnie: Its not just for Elena, Jeremy. Its for you, its for everyone. If I am the only one that can put an end to this, then it'll be my decision. No one else's. Mine.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 02-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyfreds (View Post)
I really don't understand all of this rage...there was NOTHING else that the Salvatores could have done? They tried to find another way, but they couldn't. It was a case of Elena dead/Abby alive VS. Elena alive/Abby vamped.

Even if the two brothers were NOT in love with Elena, they still would have chosen the second option. I think everyone on the show would Just like the brothers chose Bonnie over Abby in the same instance, you know?

If your issue is the lack of care shown by the brothers, then I think that comes down to how invested you are in the brothers relationship with Bonnie. But I also believe we would have seen more emotion had it been a plit second decision. The fact is that the brothers had hours to process this, so that by the time it came, they were resigned to it.

On Damon's part, I think he has grown to like Bonnie to a certain extent. They are a part of the group. But I wouldn't call them friends, and I wouldn't really expect him to show any great emotion over it...especially as he is back to playing the bad brother.

With Stefan...I wouldn't e surprise if we see a scene in a future episode. Him seeking out Bonnie and trying to apologise perhaps?

If Bonnie wants to be mad at them, she has all the right in the world to be. But this was the only way

And there has been alot of talk about how everyone dies to protect Elena or something. First, even if this is the case...which I personally think it is a sweeping generalisation, Elena never ASKS for this. It has been established that she would rather die than have anybody die for her. So I just CAN'T understand how this can be turned onto her.

Also, let's not forget the second half of S2, when ELENA REFUSED TO LET BONNIE DIE FOR HER.

If Bonnie had killed Klaus before the sacrifice, and died. It would have been a tragic sacrifice. BUT, think of how many people THAT would have saved? Jenna would have been alive. Klaus would have died, which would have meant that Stefan would have never become the 'Ripper' again (which would have saved a TON of people...Andie, and many strangers) and Tyler would never have died and become a hybrid. Ok, Tyler likes being a hybrid, but there is still an element of tragedy to it.

I'm not trying to say that Bonnie should have died then. I just think that people should remember this before they all start crucifying Elena and co.

agreed. as usual nat, your posts are epic
Old 02-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

I think that this was the first episode where I was really just over Elena and rolling my eyes at nearly everything that was coming out of her mouth. I am by no means a Damon fan but her "you need to get over it" line was just so below the belt. She knows how far he's come due to his feelings for her. She knows that she hurt him. And then her little bitch fit over Rebekah? It was all so unearned.

That being said, I don't blame her for what happened to Abby. Elijah was onto the plan and most likely would have figured it out without her.

Bonnie getting so little screentime in what should be her storyline is :eyeroll:. Kat Graham is really good at the subtle emotional scenes. Let her shine. I don't think Caroline needed to give that speech to Elena, it should have been Bonnie.

Klaus and Caroline are like a drug. It's so wrong it's right . Tyler is still my numero uno but I am loving this little crush sideplot Morgan plays smitten just too adorably.

I love the original family but having said that I hate we've lost Jeremy, Tyler and basically Matt in the process of getting to know them. I feel like the show has made more of an effort with them then they have Jer, Tyler and Matt this season. Not that I don't love the original family sans Finn. I just wish we could fit them all in. I'm conflicted

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Bonnie getting so little screentime in what should be her storyline is :eyeroll:. Kat Graham is really good at the subtle emotional scenes. Let her shine. I don't think Caroline needed to give that speech to Elena, it should have been Bonnie.
I completely agree with this. Instead of Bonnie's moment we got to see her hiding behinda wall while Caroline shined. It would have been nice to let Bonnie blow off some steam as well. I agree with everyone saying Bonnie's character doesn't get the treatment she deserves my whole argument has just been trying to defend that is has nothing to do with Race. I feel like that was just some people's cop out arguement. Blame DS because they were once slave owners (which has never been shown on the screen per say just a norm for when they were bron), The writers just haven't done a well enough job of rounding Bonnie into the group. They were doing an okay Job I thought with Bonnie/Jeremy which i thought i would hate but i loved instead. TBH, way back when in the first half of Season one i really didn't like Bonnie at all. I thought the KG didn't fit well or that the writers didn't write Bonnie well. Or maybe i just thought she was to preachy. :shrug; I'm not real sure. However, In the second half of season 1, I felt like Kat really got Bonnie to shine. The writers really developed the character and then Kat knocked it out of the park. Second half of season 1 and season 2 she was just amazing. I do think that it sucks that the originals are getting more screen time then her. But i think that also is to be said about Jeremy, Tyler, and Matt. I would really like to see Liz and Tyler's mom a lot more as well.

This show started out with a real family feeling.

Damon/Stefan Jeremy/Elena/Jenna Bonnie/Grams Matt/Vicki Caroline/Liz and her mommy issues. Tyler/Mayor Lockwood and his daddy issues. I would kind of like to see them bring that back a little bit. We got a bit of that feeling with the Alaric/Jeremy/Elena adopted family unit.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 02-18-2012 at 08:33 PM
Old 02-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Blame DS because they were once slave owners
seriously? That has never even crossed my mind. When has it ever been said whether or not they were slave owners? Does this actually get discussed?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
seriously? That has never even crossed my mind. When has it ever been said whether or not they were slave owners? Does this actually get discussed?
It has never been confirmed on the show.... but seeing has the time period they were born and of obvious wealth well Im sure their family could have owned slaves.
It was the first time i heard that argument for Bonnie's treatment on the show. Damon and Stefan owned slaves and were sons of the confederacy so that is why they use Bonnie. Yea cue my eye roll. It has been repeated through out this thread over and over and i just find it ridiculous and so far from true. I am all for defending Bonnie and how Damon only seems to be nice to her when he needs her. Bonnie has been the power house to a lot of plans of late and has on received a lot of pain because of it. I want to see something good happen to her. I just don't think it hasn't anything to do with her race.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

No offense, but that's silly to bring race into things when DS never gave any indication that it has anything to do with any of their storylines. Not everything has to be historically accurate and I mean... This is a television show about vampires. It's okay to assume that these things don't play a part in this fictional world.

Bonnie is the one always getting hurt because she is a witch. Plain and simple. Historical fact on this show proves that witches and vampires are constantly at odds. The fact that they cared enough to make Abby a vampire and not Bonnie, should prove something, IMO. They had no choice.
Elena... Or Abby? Clear choice and definitely one they didn't want to make as they showed trying to find alternatives to it.
Don't get me wrong, I support bonnie and I accept her right to be upset, angry and sad. Her feelings are normal, but as a viewer of the show, I also understand that DS had no choice.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No offense, but that's silly to bring race into things when DS never gave any indication that it has anything to do with any of their storylines. Not everything has to be historically accurate and I mean... This is a television show about vampires. It's okay to assume that these things don't play a part in this fictional world.

Bonnie is the one always getting hurt because she is a witch. Plain and simple. Historical fact on this show proves that witches and vampires are constantly at odds. The fact that they cared enough to make Abby a vampire and not Bonnie, should prove something, IMO. They had no choice.
Elena... Or Abby? Clear choice and definitely one they didn't want to make as they showed trying to find alternatives to it.
Don't get me wrong, I support bonnie and I accept her right to be upset, angry and sad. Her feelings are normal, but as a viewer of the show, I also understand that DS had no choice.
Amen. 100% agree with you.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
This is true and I think Bonnie would be helping the innocent, even if Elena wasn't involved. I really believed that after she said this in S2:
Thanks Kem for posting the quote, that was one of my favourite scenes in season 2, you could see her progression from the scared little girl who didn´t want to get in the middle of all this (Masquerade) to the Bonnie who accepted her fate and who faced Klaus for the greater good.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Extreme Fan

"All i have too say about the whole BONNIE thing is this, she has a right too feel how she feels towards Elena and the Salvatore brothers. And because of this, i hope that she turns to the dark side for awhile, she doesn't stand by the scooby doo gang anymore, nor does she join forces with Klaus. She kicks ass and take names just because she can and she will and doesn't give a damn who doesn't like it and to hell with whom gets hurt. It's her time to dish out some pain now and have no hesitation, show no mercy and have no regrets for what happens. Oh! and.........................................................................

KLAUS & CAROLINE: 'I hope that this it done and over with, but i get this nagging feeling that it ain't over and its only going too get more nauseating as the weeks progress. Oh! Tyler, you don't deserve this'.

So until next time VD FANS...DEUCES!!!..................." D.V.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I love the original family but having said that I hate we've lost Jeremy, Tyler and basically Matt in the process of getting to know them. I feel like the show has made more of an effort with them then they have Jer, Tyler and Matt this season. Not that I don't love the original family sans Finn. I just wish we could fit them all in. I'm conflicted
same here. the original family is interesting, but so are characters like Jeremy, Tyler, Matt and Bonnie. and while they're doing everything to let the original-SL shine, they never put that much effort in the SLs of Jer, Tyler, Matt and Bonnie.
like Jeremy's ghost SL: boom bang gone within 2 episodes. Tyler's is awalys sent off so that Caroline can have a moment with another male character and while he is there he only interacts with Caroline. Bonnie is only there to use magic to safe Elena. Matt is just there to wait tables and be human.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Bonnie is only there to use magic to safe Elena. Matt is just there to wait tables and be human.
Funny, but so completely true. Maybe Bonnie/Matt should be the next hook up so they can have a story line outsite witch and human.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think that this was the first episode where I was really just over Elena and rolling my eyes at nearly everything that was coming out of her mouth. I am by no means a Damon fan but her "you need to get over it" line was just so below the belt. She knows how far he's come due to his feelings for her. She knows that she hurt him. And then her little bitch fit over Rebekah? It was all so unearned.

That being said, I don't blame her for what happened to Abby. Elijah was onto the plan and most likely would have figured it out without her.

Klaus and Caroline are like a drug. It's so wrong it's right . Tyler is still my numero uno but I am loving this little crush sideplot Morgan plays smitten just too adorably.

Exactly how I felt. This was truly one of the episodes where Elena really bugged me. The last episode didn't exactly help either, and it's not because of DE, it's because of her attitude and mannerisms.

Quote:

thank you, totally agree.