Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Basically, Stefan has no claims to Elena, and actually realizes this himself. He knows he went too far with her, admitting it himself. Damon stepped over the bro code again. And didn't seem sorry about it either.
i agree with this 100%. I don't really see the issue with him punching Damon i guess. and i don't think damon did either which is why they didn't really fight, he just kind of took it. unlike other times where they've had full out brawls. i think that's just the emotion of being a brother. he knew something like that was probably bound to happen.

Quote:
So basically Stefan feels like he has done all this for a person who really could give two craps about Stefan.
and maybe more so it's the fact that he didn't even tell him himself. and that elena stated im telling you this because i felt guilty...maybe stefan feels that damon didn't feel the same way about the situation.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover (View Post)
I think Stefan simply punched Damon by the disregard that Damon has shown for what Stefan has sacrificed for him and what does he do... kiss the person that he cared about the most. So basically Stefan feels like he has done all this for a person who really could give two craps about Stefan.

Exactly.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySamuelle (View Post)
I was describing the situation as I think Stefan sees it, and i am sure nobody of us considered SimulatorGirlfriend a real relationship, considered the level of compulsion involved and the fact Damon was not romantically invested in her.

Stefan was not there to see the effort Damon put in tracking him but he was in the house to see DE getting closer - feeling betrayed by Damon on his side would be very natural.
No I didn't consider Andie as important to Damon I was pointing out that Stefan killed her to prove a point that he didn't have any emotions left. When he was in the house to see DE getting closer he told them "by all means carry on" so again more from Stefan telling people that he didn't care about anything. My point is simply that perhaps Damon might have reconsidered if he knew that Stefan actually DID still care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by True Daisy lover
I think Stefan simply punched Damon by the disregard that Damon has shown for what Stefan has sacrificed for him and what does he do... kiss the person that he cared about the most. So basically Stefan feels like he has done all this for a person who really could give two craps about Stefan.
That's the point though Stefan kept claiming that he no longer cared AND he & Elena were broken up. So I don't see how kissing Stefan's ex-girlfriend that he has no claims on any longer mean that Damon doesn't give two craps about his brother.

Last edited by tragedy; 01-20-2012 at 12:13 PM
Old 01-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
No I didn't consider Andie as important to Damon I was pointing out that Stefan killed her to prove a point that he didn't have any emotions left. When he was in the house to see DE getting closer he told them "by all means carry on" so again more from Stefan telling people that he didn't care about anything. My point is simply that perhaps Damon might have reconsidered if he knew that Stefan actually DID still care.
But... the kiss happened after Damon found out that Stefan still cared. If that knowing did not stop him then, I doubt i would have stopped him before that.
It's not like Damon was exactly minding his boundaries with Elena before the Ripper ordeal.

Still, my point is not whether Damon is or is not to blame for this or that, but rather the way Stefan didn't really receive from Damon the kind of feedback that would allow Stefan to know that Damon places any real value on their relationship.

EWe know Damon cares because we saw the extent of his despair when he thought Stefan was lost, but all Stefan got were a few cocky lines LIKE 'I was looking for you because ELENA asked me to', 'stop saving me', 'I owe you '.

It was just not enough in the face of the sacrifice Stefan made.

And suspecting that his brother is gaining everything when Stefan just lost everything -or thinks he did- just gotta to give you the angry kind of hurt.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 01-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

That's the point though Stefan kept claiming that he no longer cared AND he & Elena were broken up. So I don't see how kissing Stefan's ex-girlfriend that he has no claims on any longer mean that Damon doesn't give two craps about his brother.
Stefan has not lost his humanity NOT to feel.... He had to bury that in order to do what he thought was right.. Last night episode clearly showed that he did cared and actually felt remorse and his humanity was still in tact 100 percent Did you see how lost he looked when Elena told him that she kissed Damon, he pretty much was nailed to the wall with reaction to the news..... So clearly his feelings are right there centered for all the world to see and Elena even saw it..

and clearly Stefan felt that way about Damon otherwise he wouldn't have hit Damon in the first place "if he didn't care about anything*
Old 01-20-2012, 12:40 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySamuelle (View Post)
Stefan must have seen in that moment - the betrayal of losing everything he cared about for the one person who was never ready to do the same, despite their being family.

Why are Stefan's feelings so much more precious than Damon's?
Stefan and Damon's relationship has been damaged in the first place. Speaking of betrayal, Stefan was the one who started ruining his relationship with Damon over a woman. In the flashback in 1x06 - Lost Girls Stefan tells Elena:"I didnt care I had something my brother wanted. I didnt even care that I hurt him. I only knew that I wanted her." What I understand from this quote is somewhat along the lines that Damon showed interest in Katherine before Stefan and therefore Stefan said that he knew he was hurting Damon by having something he wanted.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYwitch (View Post)
Stefan and Damon's relationship has been damaged in the first place. Speaking of betrayal, Stefan was the one who started ruining his relationship with Damon over a woman. In the flashback in 1x06 - Lost Girls Stefan tells Elena:"I didnt care I had something my brother wanted. I didnt even care that I hurt him. I only knew that I wanted her." What I understand from this quote is somewhat along the lines that Damon showed interest in Katherine before Stefan and therefore Stefan said that he knew he was hurting Damon by having something he wanted.
No one is saying that, but at the same time, I think Stefan's feelings is going to be complex given what has been going on it is not black or white in terms well he is evil cause he has done this or that....... Stefan never lost his humanity to begin with and that was shown in last night episode.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

SkySamuelle - The problem is essentially that we're left to speculate about Stefan's motives b/c they're not clear. I think it was just as simple as he was mad about the kiss & that's why he punched Damon but that's just me guessing based on him punching Damon after Damon said Elena's name. This is why they need to talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover (View Post)
Stefan has not lost his humanity NOT to feel.... He had to bury that in order to do what he thought was right.. Last night episode clearly showed that he did cared and actually felt remorse and his humanity was still in tact 100 percent Did you see how lost he looked when Elena told him that she kissed Damon, he pretty much was nailed to the wall with reaction to the news..... So clearly his feelings are right there centered for all the world to see and Elena even saw it..
That's not actually very clear to the characters. All they had to go on is what Stefan said & his actions which said otherwise. Even in last week's episode Stefan was STILL acting like he didn't care about anything or anyone.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
SkySamuelle - The problem is essentially that we're left to speculate about Stefan's motives b/c they're not clear. I think it was just as simple as he was mad about the kiss & that's why he punched Damon but that's just me guessing based on him punching Damon after Damon said Elena's name. This is why they need to talk.

That's not actually very clear to the characters. All they had to go on is what Stefan said & his actions which said otherwise. Even in last week's episode Stefan was STILL acting like he didn't care about anything or anyone.
I never thought he didn't care.. I think it was never told that he didn't care so therefore I never believed that he actually didn't.

and like I said the moment he found about DE kiss.. it was torn down anyway so therefore I believe that he was hiding it because he felt he had to at the time not that he literally did not care.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

There is no point on really arguing Damon or Stefan... People will never agree. The brothers have a very complicated relationship. One we will never fully understand seeing has we have seen like a year or two of their life in terms of the 150 they have lived. DS is the core of the show. I love that at the end of the day no matter how many times they have hurt each other they will still go to the ends of the earth for each other. You can never get rid of family. They might fight but they still love each other. ITs just a bit twisted. For a long time Damon never cared about Stefan's feeling or if his action hurt him or disrupted his life... But remember Stefan did recently kill Andie... Damon may not of loved her but he cared. Stefan knew that. Last night proved that no matter how dark he has gotten Stefan still cares. HE knew what he was doing was going to hurt Damon. Just like Damon knew kissing Elena was wrong he did it anyway. He said if he was going to feel guilty he wanted a reason too. Then kissed her.

So IMO they are on equal grounds. This whole who has been worse to who is crap. Both brothers have done each other wrong. They both deserve a bit of misery and pain.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYwitch (View Post)
Except flashbacks showed that Stefan was interested in Katherine as soon he saw her, and Damon only met her later. So I always saw it as the other way around what you describing

But still, this is not the point.

I never implied that one Salvatore's feelings mattered more than another'.

This is not about the love triangle in itself - it's about ... well, everything Cmtaylor531 already explained better than I could.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
There is no point on really arguing Damon or Stefan... People will never agree. The brothers have a very complicated relationship. One we will never fully understand seeing has we have seen like a year or two of their life in terms of the 150 they have lived. DS is the core of the show. I love that at the end of the day no matter how many times they have hurt each other they will still go to the ends of the earth for each other. You can never get rid of family. They might fight but they still love each other. ITs just a bit twisted. For a long time Damon never cared about Stefan's feeling or if his action hurt him or disrupted his life... But remember Stefan did recently kill Andie... Damon may not of loved her but he cared. Stefan knew that. Last night proved that no matter how dark he has gotten Stefan still cares. HE knew what he was doing was going to hurt Damon. Just like Damon knew kissing Elena was wrong he did it anyway. He said if he was going to feel guilty he wanted a reason too. Then kissed her.

So IMO they are on equal grounds. This whole who has been worse to who is crap. Both brothers have done each other wrong. They both deserve a bit of misery and pain.
I am just not a fan of this arc... I think it could of been done a lot of better then this and I will always feel that way regardless on who Elena ends up with it.

I just feel like they went overboard with somethings and it just not the way I thought it would go..

Yes Stefan and Damon may be on equal ground but I thought it would be something different that would lead them there.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

- It's funny, I find Elena so boring and blaah whenever she's around Stefan or Damon, but i actually like when she has SL's outside of them. Sucks it's on so rare occasions. I really loved her scenes with Bonnie.
- And omg, it's the guy from Cousin Skeeter! He still looks the same haha.
- Caroline is my reason for watching but I didn't really miss her in this episode. Oh well, I missed her but she wasn't needed I guess. I did love her scenes with her dad and Tyler tough.
- Tyler aww, he's going through so much, it's horrible.
- I can't enjoy Alaric with someone else yet, still missing Aunt Jenna.
- I do love Torrey tough, I would love it if she and Paul shared some scenes lol
Old 01-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)
- I do love Torrey tough, I would love it if she and Paul shared some scenes lol
I agree. Maybe Stefan can bite her
Old 01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Im not sure how i feel about Torrey. Im still waiting to pass judgement. Her character is definitely something else. I think she really is a pyschopath. We know she is good at playing those.

Anyway, I did love Damon seeking her out. He did it for Alaric. I love it. He just wanted to make sure poor Alaric wasn't going to end up hurt again.