Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The most memorable thing of the episode?

Stefan is still Stefan after all.
The face he had when she told about the kiss gave it away.
Also the punch at Damon!

So all these troubles and Klaus got his family back?

Oh oh Elijah is back!

I am still not convinced about Meredith, something isn't right.

It was nice for Bonnie to see her mother again.

I think Damon deserve the punch honestly. Stefan want through all kind of **** for Damon and what does his brother do? He kisses Elena.

Shipping aside, it's a douche move.
I always feel like in the DS dynamic Stefan is always giving more than Damon.

Tyler is in for a lot of pain, ouch.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

I loved this episode. A LOT.

I loved the real Stefan being back. I am a bit confused though at him flirting with Elena after she kind of fixed his heart. He devasted her just a few moments a go with his macho competition with Klaus, and claimed, that he doesn't care for her or her family one way or another. Then he is upset at her for lying to him, and flirts with her? What?
Elena didn't have to tell Stefan anything, about the kiss with Damon or else, she is quite mature for age for telling him.

I liked Bonnie and Elena bonding, Elena has already went through the same "mother walked out on me" phase, and having the mother suck for it. I'm guessing, that Bonnie's momk will turn out to be quite cool, actually.

Alaric falls fast to all the crazies she meets. All the signs are there for him not to trust this woman, but he takes her to the Gilbert house and just starts making out. I liked Elena giving him the thumbs up, though, their relationship is one of the best on the show.

Also, welcome back, Klaus, you've been missed!!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

elijah is baaaaaaaaack !

I'm more team delena but i also love stefans real side is back, that moment, when elena told him about the kiss was really good.

I don't trust this bitch meredith, why was alaric so naive ? i think she will certainly steal his ring or something
Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Total Fan

IT WAS A PERFECT EPISODE.

I enjoyed Damon's character more than I did since the beginning of the season, agnsty Stelena was MOST AWESOME, and even more importantly IT WAS A BONNIE CENTRIC EPISODE FINALLY.

Bonnie/Abby scenes were great, even if Abby is a sucky, sucky mother to her actual daughter I loved how Bnnie was able to put up a tough front, even if it must have been difficult for her stomach that Abby was mothering Jamie after leraving her. The fact magic actually punished Abby for that abandonement was truly a nice touch too.

The action plot was very solid and Meredith/Alaric twists were surpringly good. I am already warming up to this ship.

TC is always good to have around, Elija is back and i even got some babysteps toward the Bamon direction. To not mention Damon finally got that much-deserved punch from Stefan.

I really could not have asked more of a TVD episode. It was just GLORIOUS.
For me, it was the first worthy rewatching since 3.07.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 01-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
To be honest I'm starting to think it's Elena who isn't worthy of either brother. She really brings out the worst in both of them. Stefan was a martyr and is now a serial killer and Damon is just a jackass in general. I know Stefan is a big bad now and I know Damon's in wuv but the fact remains that he has never respected their relationship. Even when he was letting them be together he was still lurking around. Before someone jumps on me regarding the kiss, I don't think Stefan has any say in the matter given his actions but I don't think Damon is a shining knight of armour either. He has wanted Elena for quite a while now. I think both brothers just need to get far awar from Elena.
This was kind of my take on it. I don't want to say that Elena is better than Stefan/Damon and I don't want to say that Stefan/Damon are better than Elena, but the three of them have this vital relationship. When it goes down to its core, Stelena and Delena are VERY dysfunctional relationships (although i do have my ship), and i think Stefan/Damon are even MORE dysfunctional than Stelena/Delena combined. I dont know what Kevin/Julie want the audience to believe or take away from either of their relationships and maybe that's the point.

Because everyone is in their situation because of each other. Damon is a vampire because of stefan, stefan is going down this bad path and had to partner with Klaus and lose everything because of Damon mostly and then Stefan and Damon are both in this mess because of their love for Elena and her being a doppleganger. And Elena can't rid herself of vampires because of that fact and her love for both Salvatore brothers. So it's this endless cycle of blame game, and torture when really i don't ever see these three escaping each other. How it will all end, that will be seen and tbh i can't even call it. some people think the brothers will be the ending, but at this point i don't see that happening. but i don't know what i see happening so...

As far as Stefan's comments...i didn't see a problem with him saying that she seemed stronger and different. Because to me elena has changed this season, just as she said they all had to to adjust to everything that's going on. i don't think he meant it as she was ever a weak person but more so that she's changed...she's gotten darker and less optimistic and more real about what's going on around her which is a good thing.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by attract your dreams ♥ (View Post)

As far as Stefan's comments...i didn't see a problem with him saying that she seemed stronger and different. Because to me elena has changed this season, just as she said they all had to to adjust to everything that's going on. i don't think he meant it as she was ever a weak person but more so that she's changed...she's gotten darker and less optimistic and more real about what's going on around her which is a good thing.
Totally agree.

I must add that I never saw Stelena as dysfunctional - before Stefan became a Ripper again. They used be the model idea of an healthy, mature relationship made real. The fact is that Stefan, even then, was dysfunctional as a person for his inability to accept -and therefore deal with- his vampire side. His refusal to accept that vampiric nature as part of himself made his guilt stifling of that darker side of personality... which is part of why I think that, by the end of this season he will be a more balanced individual ... and his relationship with Elena, now she matured as well, and when she will have matured more in regards of her 'splitting attentions between two brothers' their relationship will be even stronger, and more adult.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay after some time to think it over I've realized that I'm not really upset about Stefan punching Damon. I feel like this is the dynamic of their relationship & since Damon has gotten in a few shots this season I will give Stefan this one.

HOWEVER I don't really understand why he went after Damon like he did considering the way Elena revealed it that she kissed Damon. If this was about the 222 kiss then Damon was barely conscious & dying, unless Stefan found out off screen about the recent kiss, it almost felt like he was blaming Damon for what happened, especially considering the way he immediately started badmouthing Damon to Elena. I just don't feel like Stefan had any right to be angry. I mean I get that it hurt to hear that this happened BUT Stefan constantly kept pushing Elena away. He also continuously kept claiming that he no longer cared about anything that they did. So once he broke up w/her he lost all claims on her.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think Stefan punching Damon imo had anything to do with him thinking that he still had claims on Elena. I think that if Elena said that she had kissed ANYONE other than Damon that stefan wouldn't have reacted as he did. Maybe he had flashbacks to the whole Katherine thing...and doesn't want that to happen again...maybe he feels betrayed by Damon for not being the one to tell him? Who knows, we really don't know why stefan punched him but i don't see it or his reaction to finding out that news to be all that off base. They are brothers and for me blood should really come first. and maybe to stefan, after going through so much to save damon's life twice, and including him in his mission to get Klaus, maybe it hurt him more than anything to hear that it was Damon of all people. I just think the DS relationship, as dysfunctional as it is, is so loaded when it comes to their feelings for one another. and i think it more so pained stefan that damon would go down this path again after everything more than elena kissing damon. but that's just my opinion because we really have no idea why stefan reacted the way he did. i mean essentially this is twice that damon has done this. once in 122 when Stefan/elena were still together and he thought he was kissing elena and now after all of this mess with season 3. so i dont think it was him claiming elena it was more so anger on the brother relationship. which is why he got mad at damon and not elena. like elena said earlier this season, damon will be the one to totally bring stefan back and im not sure either one fully knows that yet.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I actually think Stefan hit Damon, because of all the troubles Damon tried to cause between Elena and Stefan, and it all kind of piled up after he found out about the kiss. Elena came clean about it, even though she really didn't have to, while Damon just casually asked how Elena is, no mention of any kiss. Basically, Stefan has no claims to Elena, and actually realizes this himself. He knows he went too far with her, admitting it himself. Damon stepped over the bro code again. And didn't seem sorry about it either.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

attract your dreams - You do have a point that it's hard to tell what Stefan's motive was for the punch since he didn't want to talk about it. I just figured it was about Elena since after Damon asked how she was Stefan punched him. It felt like he was raging. I feel that maybe some of this could've been avoided had Stefan just been honest that his emotions weren't completely shut off & that he did still care. I just need them to hash this out & just either talk or have a screaming match or whatever it is they're gonna need to do. B/c the longer they go w/out talking about it just feels like there's gonna be even more added tension.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

oh, i agree with you that stefan punched damon because of the elena kissing thing. my thing was that we don't know like what caused stefan do that emotionally if that makes sense. Because i personally believe it's more than just 'stefan was in rage mode' or stefan feeling like he has claims on elena (which i dont think is the case).
Old 01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by attract your dreams ♥ (View Post)
oh, i agree with you that stefan punched damon because of the elena kissing thing. my thing was that we don't know like what caused stefan do that emotionally if that makes sense. Because i personally believe it's more than just 'stefan was in rage mode' or stefan feeling like he has claims on elena (which i dont think is the case).
I don't think Stefan threw that punch because he felt he had a claim on Elena. He let her go, no longer feeling he was worthy of her. It was the disrespect.
Damon of all people knew that Stefan was going through the hell, and while he lost his mind, Damon was busy pursuing what Stefan lost. It's not as simple, of course, but it's the part of the truth Stefan must have seen in that moment - the betrayal of losing everything he cared about for the one person who was never ready to do the same, despite their being family.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySamuelle (View Post)
I don't think Stefan threw that punch because he felt he had a claim on Elena. He let her go, no longer feeling he was worthy of her. It was the disrespect.
Damon of all people knew that Stefan was going through the hell, and while he lost his mind, Damon was busy pursuing what Stefan lost. It's not as simple, of course, but it's the part of the truth Stefan must have seen in that moment - the betrayal of losing everything he cared about for the one person who was never ready to do the same, despite their being family.
Actually Damon spent the summer chasing after Stefan trying to find him & bring him back, he was not busy pursuing Elena, he was w/Andie. Then the first time Damon sees him after an entire summer of not hearing from him Stefan shows up & kills Andie coldly to prove to Damon that he needs to let him go. & then every single time after that Damon continued to try to get Stefan to admit that he still had emotions to get him to admit that he still cared & Stefan continued to deny it. Even after they had their run in in the witch house Damon tried to get Stefan to admit that his humanity was back & Stefan denied it again. As far as Damon knew Stefan didn't care about anything anymore. This latest kiss happened after SE were broken up & the one in 222 was initiated by Elena. So IF your reasoning is why Stefan punched him it just doesn't correspond w/the events especially IF Stefan felt he had no claim on Elena.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Actually Damon spent the summer chasing after Stefan trying to find him & bring him back, he was not busy pursuing Elena, he was w/Andie. Then the first time Damon sees him after an entire summer of not hearing from him Stefan shows up & kills Andie coldly to prove to Damon that he needs to let him go. & then every single time after that Damon continued to try to get Stefan to admit that he still had emotions to get him to admit that he still cared & Stefan continued to deny it. Even after they had their run in in the witch house Damon tried to get Stefan to admit that his humanity was back & Stefan denied it again. As far as Damon knew Stefan didn't care about anything anymore. This latest kiss happened after SE were broken up & the one in 222 was initiated by Elena. So IF your reasoning is why Stefan punched him it just doesn't correspond w/the events especially IF Stefan felt he had no claim on Elena.
I was describing the situation as I think Stefan sees it, and i am sure nobody of us considered SimulatorGirlfriend a real relationship, considered the level of compulsion involved and the fact Damon was not romantically invested in her.

Stefan was not there to see the effort Damon put in tracking him but he was in the house to see DE getting closer - feeling betrayed by Damon on his side would be very natural.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Stefan simply punched Damon by the disregard that Damon has shown for what Stefan has sacrificed for him and what does he do... kiss the person that he cared about the most. So basically Stefan feels like he has done all this for a person who really could give two craps about Stefan.