Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Extreme Fan

She does play a good psycho, I mean to me she'll always be known as Pscyho Carrie, or Nanny Carrie and Spencer's psycho sister LOL, but hmmmm maybe Klaus will find someone to love, I mean, to me he's not like the big bad anymore, he just want's his family and ya? LOL
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was a lot better than I expected.

I thought we weren't going to see Jeremy but it was good to see the goodbyes and that storyline getting a proper closure. I hope he comes back soon.

The friendship scenes were awesome. Not cheesy or forced like other times.

I love Elena & Bonnie but I love that Bonnie called Elena out. Sometimes Elena is too judgmental and thinks she's right all the time.

The Elena/Matt scenes were sweet. I loved their friendship.

Poor Tyler. He thought his love was stronger than anything but this sire thing seems to be a real problem. I really hope he finds a way to fix it or control it.

Klaus/Caroline PLEASE NO. Klaus has done some horrible things to her friends. She gave Tyler a hard time because of his sire and now she's going to be interested in him?. Also she has enough love interests/ships in this show.

IMO Klaus opened up because he is sometimes weird and now he's feeling very lonely. Also he probably wants to get close to Caroline to use her.

I like that Meredith is a psycho. It makes her a lot more interesting and it shows that humans can be evil too.

Last edited by ring of fire; 01-12-2012 at 11:18 PM
Old 01-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I just feel in the last 2 1/2 seasons, Caroline has gotten it bad. But hey with several love interests into her, more power to her , but ya. That's all
Old 01-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Klaus/Caroline PLEASE NO. Klaus has done some horrible things to her friends. She gave Tyler a hard time because of his sire and now she's going to be interested in him?
seriously, what was the point of splitting them up if she was just gonna go and be put in a situation that makes her look like a hypocrite.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For Caroline to get with Klaus after she broke up with Tyler because he was sired to the guy would make her look horribly hyprocritical.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

lol I guess i'm the only who failed to see when Caro suddenly got interested in Klaus? All she did was looking shocked/moved over the bracelet, which tbh everyone would have been.

- FF through the Damon, Alaric, Elena and Stefan scenes
- Elena, Matt, Bonnie and Caro were adorable in this episode . The birthday/funeral was the best part in the episode tbh. It really made me miss Caro/Matt tough, i liked that he showed some sign of idk jealousy or feelings when Tyler showed up. I don't want Matt to have to deal with all the drama again but I hope for some friendship scenes between Matt and Caro. He's the closest thing she has to a normal life.
"like when we were little"
"except with tequila"
lawl
- I really liked that they finally showed Caro dealing with the fact that she will always be 17, but i hope it isn't just resolved yet, so much more to deal with there.
- I felt for Tyler, I also liked that Matt didn't seem to much blame on him. Like he said to Klaus: You made him do this.

Last edited by Caliina; 01-12-2012 at 11:50 PM
Old 01-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

I liked that about Matt too He seems to understand Tyler didn't ask for this.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

Whoa, tonight was good. Not sure if it was good as last weeks...for me obviously but still, good!

DEEEE

I loved how they showed the kind of aftermath of the kiss. The happiness...and then the struggle and the frustration of it. I knew that they were going to drag out the DE scene from the start It was so obvious. I just wish we could've gotten to see Damon pick up Elena! I absolutely love btw that Elena called Damon.

Now, on to the scene. Damon pretty much described what Damon & Elena are right now "It's right, but not right now". One day Damon & Elena WILL happen and WILL be a couple, and WILL kiss without it feeling not right. That is for certain. That is what has been foreshadowed by that. It's inevitable. & once again...my oh my, their chemistry is off the CHARTS. They are so perfect it's insane. When he touched/rubbed her cheek/chin asdfjaskdf. Amazing. Ian & Nina, you've impressed me once again. Please get married and have pretty babies. That is all. Julie Plec, if you'd like you can also make DE get married and procreate some pretty babies, too. I mean, if you'd like. I'd be totally cool with it, but then we'd get all Secret Life in here with a touch of supernatural and I don't think any of us want that. TRYING TO PROCREATE IT IS.

I have to say though, I'm kind of surprised. With the spoilers I read on this episode, I thought that it would be more SE based but it wasn't really. I guess in terms of ships and who got the most amount of screen-time, maybe. But I thought it was going to be focused on the whole episode. I'm glad it wasn't, not because I'm a DE fan, but there couldn't be much to work with with that, and then it would take away from everyone else's screen-time. Anyway, good acting on both parts. The whole time I was watching that I was like "wow, Stefan is an *******, and people thought Damon was bad". I just couldn't believe it. But you know what, it is believable. It isn't OOC for the Stefan that he is now. & this needed to happen to further the fact into Elena's brain that Stefan isn't the same Stefan that he was before. It's pretty much been sealed into her head.

Tyler loves Carolineee.

Totally sad that he bit her though. I really thought that he was for real with the whole his love thing basically preventing him from doing anything harmful to Caroline, but I guess not Hopefully that changes.

Andd, as for Klaus/Caroline. When I first heard about this I was actually kind of really, really excited and interested. & I still am, but uhh...why would he save her? Cause he loves birthdays? I feel like if the writers wanted them to happen, then there should've been more build-up, and it just sucks that there wasn't cause now it kind of feels totally forced. There isn't a POV here, and I just hope there is after, and there is some sort of exclamation to whatever feelings they might feel.

Jeremy leaving wasn't really the proper send off I was imagining, and I wish it could've been focused on more and done a little bit better, but whatever. I guess we got enough. So long Jeremy.

One key note...did anyone notice how Elena said VAMPIRES when she was talking to Matt? FALLING IN LOVE WITH VAMPIRES. That's PLURAL, not SINGULAR. Did she just admit that she's in love with Damon too!? Julie Plec, further explanation please. I was seriously waiting for Matt to basically echo what she said. GRR :lol; I guess it's too early though, but seriously, that's exactly literally what it means. FALLING IN LOVE WITH VAMPIRES. Not A vampire. VAMPIRES. Okay, I'm done. But I feel like that was put there on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attract your dreams ♥ (View Post)
i was happy that bonnie spoke her mind about jeremy being compelled. that was probably my favorite part of the episode.

I am just so confused as to where this season is going and what story they are trying to tell TBH. But it was nice to see basically the whole cast in the episode. That's the highlight.
You know what, I completely agree with you there. It feels kind of like it is going nowhere and it's just like the introduction of Klaus in their lives instead. I hope they don't pull a last minute thing on us.

Last edited by ღMitra; 01-13-2012 at 01:03 AM
Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have to say though, I'm kind of surprised. With the spoilers I read on this episode, I thought that it would be more SE based but it wasn't really. I guess in terms of ships and who got the most amount of screen-time, maybe. But I thought it was going to be focused on the whole episode. I'm glad it wasn't, not because I'm a DE fan, but there couldn't be much to work with with that, and then it would take away from everyone else's screen-time. Anyway, good acting on both parts. The whole time I was watching that I was like "wow, Stefan is an *******, and people thought Damon was bad". I just couldn't believe it. But you know what, it is believable. It isn't OOC for the Stefan that he is now. & this needed to happen to further the fact into Elena's brain that Stefan isn't the same Stefan that he was before. It's pretty much been sealed into her head.
It not just that, cause she already knows that he is doing for a game.. so it's not like she is going to come to some conclusion about Stefan because she is not there nor do I think she wants to right now.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think it is becoming more and more sealed into her head that this isn't the same Stefan he was once before. I still think Elena is delusional and she probably thinks that he can turn back or something, just not as much as she did before. I think this is just yet another moment and point for Elena where she realizes she has to move on, and she keeps on pushing towards that.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Passionate Fan

I actually liked this episode - the first in a long time! It might have to do with the fact that we actually saw Caroline and Matt not only in the same episode but also in the same scenes and Matt's "I just want her to be happy" totally made my heart sigh. Or maybe it was the fact that we got to see some character development.

The Caroline/Tyler story line was pretty sad for me, though. I hate it when couples end up apart because of higher circumstances while they're still in love.

I don't really care for the SED triangle anymore, I'm just glad that there wasn't another DE scene to a sappy love song. Those two just need to get together and spare me the torture of their angsty "when is it going to happen" stuff.

Jeremy's goodbye was just underwhelming - I don't get why he wasn't with the other ones celebrating Caroline's birthday, especially since he was about to leave.

I liked how Bonnie called out Elena for brainwashing Jeremy again, it was about time somebody on that show acknowledged that manipulating people like that wasn't the right way to protect them. It still felt a little hypocritical to me because Bonnie wasn't really waiting for Jeremy and Alaric's consent either to protect them in the last episodes of season 2.

Which brings me to the funniest part of the episode: Stefan's announcement that "Friends don't strip friends of their free will" I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't really care for the SED triangle anymore, I'm just glad that there wasn't another DE scene to a sappy love song. Those two just need to get together and spare me the torture of their angsty "when is it going to happen" stuff.
I know what you mean I'm getting kind of tired of the the triangle as well, but at the same time, with this season, and a bit of last season, I've grown to love DE a lot more. Like I said before, what Damon said in their scene kind of defines them and where they're going to go. When the moment is right, they'll happen.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღMitra (View Post)
I know what you mean I'm getting kind of tired of the the triangle as well, but at the same time, with this season, and a bit of last season, I've grown to love DE a lot more. Like I said before, what Damon said in their scene kind of defines them and where they're going to go. When the moment is right, they'll happen.
Sorry to disappoint you but I didn't mean it like that I don't like DE as a couple, at least not anymore. The build-up and most of their scenes just feel completely forced to me, like the writers where counting on Ian and Nina's chemistry too much and neglected to make their development believable (to me at least), so I've basically suffered through the scenes since the beginning of the third season (yeah, I know, really bad timing - starting to dislike a couple when they're about to happen, but oh well). That doesn't change the fact though, that I'm pretty sure those two are going to get together eventually, so I'm hoping that'll happen fast so there won't be more scenes of the "Will they, Won't they" variety and we can get back to concentrate on the other character's story lines.

It was a good start this episode but still, in the back of my mind I know the sappy and angsty DE scenes aren't over and I'm already dreading them
Old 01-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinebiene (View Post)
Sorry to disappoint you but I didn't mean it like that I don't like DE as a couple, at least not anymore. The build-up and most of their scenes just feel completely forced to me, like the writers where counting on Ian and Nina's chemistry too much and neglected to make their development believable (to me at least), so I've basically suffered through the scenes since the beginning of the third season (yeah, I know, really bad timing - starting to dislike a couple when they're about to happen, but oh well). That doesn't change the fact though, that I'm pretty sure those two are going to get together eventually, so I'm hoping that'll happen fast so there won't be more scenes of the "Will they, Won't they" variety and we can get back to concentrate on the other character's story lines.

It was a good start this episode but still, in the back of my mind I know the sappy and angsty DE scenes aren't over and I'm already dreading them
No, no, you didn't disappoint me because I knew exactly what you meant! I just furthering what I meant in my explanation to what I said I go into shipper mode whenever I talk about them, I need to learn not to do that.

I get what you're saying completely Which is what I agreed with ;lol: It's going to get annoying fast if they drag out the "will they, won't they" thing, I think everyone agrees that it can't happen right at this moment, but I hope in the finale, there's at least some more build-up to it...or they actually get together or something. I'm not going to wait every season for one certain thing to happen
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Ah okay
To me it just sounded like you thought I was into DE as well - instead it was just a little misunderstanding. Don't worry, though - I tend to put on my shipper glasses, too - at least on occasion

And please don't let them drag it out until the finale!