Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode 3x11: Our Town Episode Discussion. Airs January 12th

BIRTHDAYS AND GOOD-BYES — Although Caroline (Candice Accola) is in no mood to celebrate her 18th birthday, Elena (Nina Dobrev), Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Matt (Zach Roerig) surprise her with a small party in an unusual location. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) disagree on the best way to handle Klaus (Joseph Morgan), and a reckless Stefan decides to test his theory by taking things to dangerous extremes. Bonnie is concerned when Elena tells her about Jeremy’s (Steven R. McQueen) new plans. At a Founder’s meeting, Alaric once again runs into Dr. Fell (guest star Torrey Devitto), who is in the middle of an argument with her ex-boyfriend, the medical examiner (guest star David Colin Smith). Tyler (Michael Trevino) refuses to go along with Klaus’ latest demand, and is surprised when Klaus seems to accept his decision.

Rules

* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.
This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.

Last edited by attract your dreams ♥; 01-11-2012 at 06:48 AM
attract your dreams ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode still Colie for your last episode discussion thread! TFTNT!

Kem (Icon ; Tumblr)
naturellebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

omg, you're right it's my last one! well yes, it was a good decision then thanks Kem
Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Mother of Realms

Moderator of ...
Legacies

TFTNT Colie awe man this is your last one!

icon:Agraiel
NOLA504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!

Looking forward to this one.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awwwww... Colie!

Thank you for the thread.
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

You're leaving?

And yaaay Caroline centric episode

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope this is a good episode.

Damon is pleased with himself. Hmmph.

Bonnie not telling Elena about her plans.

Tyler gives Caroline a charm bracelet, I think.

Another dead black girl.... only on TVD.

Matt being with the girls is just odd.

This episode is kind of boring.... Meh.

Yes, Bonnie! Telling Elena that compelling Jeremy was wrong. Which it was. Taking away his choices/agency. She was pissed when Damon/Stefan tried to control her/make decisions for her. Of course, Bonnie disappears halfway into the episode.

That Klaus/Caroline moment was creepy and forced/contrived as all get out. He never met her before and he's practically crying. And why is he giving her presents? If the show is just going to throw any random people together, can I get Stefan/Bonnie? They can say deuces to the people in this town.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy

Last edited by london grammar; 01-12-2012 at 06:08 PM
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I kind of Ship Klaus and Caroline. LOL
Old 01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

i was happy that bonnie spoke her mind about jeremy being compelled. that was probably my favorite part of the episode.

I am just so confused as to where this season is going and what story they are trying to tell TBH. But it was nice to see basically the whole cast in the episode. That's the highlight.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

It was kinda boring for like the first half of the ep.

I loved Elena this ep.

Stefan is freaking crazy

Loved Matt/Caro/Elena/Bonnie scenes.

Alaric I love you but you in scenes with that girl put me to sleep

Stefan taking Elena to that bridge was such a dick move.

Klaus/Caroline - I found that scene really odd. Like I felt like it went on and on Im like why is this scene so long. I found it came out of no where but im intrigued with them

DE scene - I felt like it was the writers way of saying we will continue to string DE fans along
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Addicted Fan

So Meredith is a crazy psycho, Alaric better trend carefully with her.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm a code breaker

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

Stefan = My poor misguided fallen angel I hurt so much for him right now He is just so angry and hurt I just want to jump through the screen and comfort him. He has his reasons.. but I can't deny how worried I am for him... I don't want him to be swallowed by all that rage He is still my bb.. always will be

PAUL IS PHENOMENAL His scenes are always so engaging and amazing

SE = HEART BREAKING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW Stefan's words and actions to Elena I am sorry but just what the hell are the writers doing.. I don't believe Stefan would ever treat her like that. Anywhoo... LOVED WHAT KLAUS SAID TO DAMON ABOUT STEFAN/ELENA SE will find their way back to each other.. I have no doubts.. it's just all this angst is making me crazy

Damon/DE = Same old again. Damon sometimes really creeps me out with how he acts toward Elena. Other then that.. I can't even remember Damon's scenes.

Klaus/Caroline = HUH?? Yeah not feeling that at all.. they are pretty together.. but I just don't see it. And I am not even sure if that is what the writers were trying to tell us anyway.. I think Klaus has something planned and something scary at that

Bonnie = So underused I loved her scenes and her telling Elena that it wasn't cool about Jeremy was awesome. NEED MORE OF HER!!

KLAUS OWNED THIS EPISODE AGAIN AMAZING Him and Stefan are so damn electricfying in their scenes together DON'T EVER GO ANYWHERE KLAUS.. NEVER EVER LEAVE THIS SHOW!!
Alex Manes/Michael Guerin || Hanna Marin/Caleb Rivers

Icon
You can't kill me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Can't say I'm surprised at what Stefan did, since revenge is the most important thing on his mind. I'm glad he found a way to kick down Klaus, but if he's willing to throw it all in the pot and let everyone else run around as collateral damage then good for him. Stick to that choice and know there's no walking back. I like a man who can stand by his choices and not back down, at least he has my admiration.

I know Elena still cares but after what he did driving on that bridge, using that against her, I'd be rooting if she never went back to him after that. I'm glad Stefan is finally standing up for himself but if he's choosing that over Elena and going on his own plans, then Elena should go make her own choices too instead of playing it safe. She can't live her life holding onto her dream with Stefan when there's people around her getting hurt, so it's time she put them first before Stefan.

Sad that Damon is now stuck trying to play peace-keeper, but once again, not surprising as there are people in town, or should I say TWO people in town, that Damon wants to keep safe and isn't willing to throw them to the dogs. It's an interesting role reversal but I'm glad to see Damon now having something to fight for and protect, something to give him strength and keep him alive. I guess while Stefan lost it all, Damon found a way to gain something steady and stable for the first time in centuries and I can see why he is fighting so hard to protect that, for a boy who's never had that stability.

Damon and Alaric are precious, seriously I could watch those two banter and bicker forever! Ian and Matt just has such natural fun chemistry, these two always have that ease and comfortableness with each other, they can talk about anything and it would be okay because they know they've always got each other's backs! THIS is brotherhood at its best!

One hopes for Alaric's sake that Meredith is not a crazy psycho killer, I mean come on! Alaric deserves a better love life than that! At least I hope this leads to more protective-Damon watching out for his best bud!

I'm glad Bonnie spoke up about Jeremy, and while I still agree with Elena's decision, I can understand Bonnie's reasons too and she is right as well. But there is no right and wrong decision here, in this kind of fight, you just sometimes have to do what you can to keep the people around you alive.

Elena and Matt shared a very sweet and touching moment, I am glad he was there to help her move on, and it's really adorable and funny to see Matt running around with all the girls!

Caroline and Klaus was interesting, I don't know what they are planning or how Tyler's storyline will wove into this, but I feel like this isn't over, Klaus is up to something, but at least for now, I can be happy that Caroline's found some semblance of a balance in her life and admitting to what she wants.

And lastly, Jeremy, sweet little Jer, I hope he comes back soon and I hope he finds some happiness wherever he is!

Oh and another point to bring up, at the end when Meredith shows up to Alaric, I thought it was cute with that whole Jeremy mention, and Alaric should have totally said it was his kid, that's really who Jeremy is anyways. Alaric is Papa-Bear!

Overall, pretty exciting episode and certainly pushed many things into motion, and I'm curious to see just how far Klaus and Stefan will push each other before one of them maybe grows a conscience at the number of people caught up as collateral damage in their pissing match.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT

Last edited by BryceLarkinFanForever; 01-12-2012 at 08:16 PM
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess (View Post)
So Meredith is a crazy psycho, Alaric better trend carefully with her.
haha. yeah for a second there, i thought torrey devitto was gonna play someone who wasn't a psycho, oh well.
jessie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top