Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
I really didn't like Elena being so judgemental over Jeremy to be honest.
With all the ****s she put into Jeremy's life because of her love life I would have prefered her being a little bit more understanding of him and of his pain.
I'm not saying she should have been supportive-Jeremy kissed another girl behine his girlfriend back-,but I just wanted her to be less harsh with him.
I just wanted to tell her that also her love Stefan and her crush are both dead.
And since she doesn't want to become a vampire like the two of them (which I approve,by the way) I can't see what kind of long planned future she can see with either of the two. So that speech about not wanting to remain trapped with a ghost wasn't really spotted on,in my opinion. The difference with Anna was basically that Anna could be seen only by Jeremy, while instead Stefan and Damon can be seen by the rest of the world.
But to my eyes they both are not a better choice for a girl who talks about what is right having in the future and what is not.
I did't see Elena as being judgemental, as much as protective of Jeremy. yes, of course she will give him an earful, when he is cheating on his gf, who happens to be her best friend. No questions about that.

But about her loving a ghost speech, it didn't come from a judgemental place, but from a place of love. Jeremy is 16-17. Past 1,5 years he has had his parents, uncle/adopted sisters bio father and aunt aunt die. He has dealt drugs to a girl who somwhat used him for the drugs an he loved, and the girl died. He used and fell for a vampire, who then died. He wanted to die to be turned to a vampire. He started to date his sisters best friend who is a witch, and is now cheating on her with an ex gf, who is a ghost he alone can see. I have a feeling he has no clue what love is, and is still a total mess. If he is with Anna, whom no one else can see, his life will start to be so closed around Anna, because no one else will be able to see her at all. So Elena gave the only good advice, let it go, it's no good for him. I didn't see any judgement there, just worry, from Elena.

As of Elena and Stefan/Damon. The big difference is, that Elena can have a life with them now, a full complete life. They can both be seen by everyone else, and can be actual part of her life. Elena is living her life in the moment, she isn't making huge plans for her future. She was dating Stefan and he fit into her life, and it looks like vampires/supernatural beings will be part of it for a very long time. She just now figured out, that she doesn't want to become a vampire. She still isn't making more plans etc, and most 18 year olds really don't. They deal with their life as it forms, make the decisions when they become relevant. The same with Caroline and Bonnie. None of them are thinking if they want to have kids etc, it's not a thing they need to think about now. Caroline is dating a werewold, and she is a vampire. what future is there for them?

Basically, being with Anna would be really unhealthy for Jeremy now, as a teenager, forget the future. What life would they have now, as a couple. and to me it looked like, regardless of Stefan, Elena took a step back, is trying to live her own life at its fullest at this moment. Sure, it took her a few months or a summer to figure it out, bit doesn't it take some time for every teen to get over a break up?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

I just watched the episode, so I know I am late on a few things so ill just comment off others instead

Quote:
Honestly, the fact that Lexi EVER tortured Stefan to make him change, is just wrong on so many levels to me. If he could not change without needing to be tortured, then she really should have left that alone IMO Ok, Stefan many have come to appreciate her help, and ask for it later on. But if he had been in such a state of mind the first time she 'helped' him, then she surely wouldn't have needed to resort to torture.
I kind of looked as this as a 'needed' torture. not to totally compare the two, but i think this is probably the only way for a vamp to get off of its 'high' or drug, much in the way that a addict in real life has to basically torture themselves, come off that high, detox to the point of having their body almost suffer and go through severe withdrawals in way to press the reset button. im not saying they are exactly the same but it seems to be the only answer to getting stefan to change back so i didnt look at it as the Bill/Caroline torture scene just because he was trying to get her to be something that she wasn't and to me was torturing her for his own personal gain/opinion.

Quote:
I don't think Jeremy is going to try to win Bonnie back.
I kind of hope he doesn't just because he really hurt her and i can't even really picture them together any more at this point.

Quote:
Not really excited on this episode. It might probably have to do with the ghost story line. I don't like it much.
I dont really know what to make of the ghost storyline either. A lot of it really to me seems like a convenient way to move storylines along, break up couples, bring back fan favs, etc. but it really just makes a lot of this season filler.

Quote:
As of Elena and Stefan/Damon. The big difference is, that Elena can have a life with them now, a full complete life. They can both be seen by everyone else, and can be actual part of her life. Elena is living her life in the moment, she isn't making huge plans for her future. She was dating Stefan and he fit into her life, and it looks like vampires/supernatural beings will be part of it for a very long time. She just now figured out, that she doesn't want to become a vampire. She still isn't making more plans etc, and most 18 year olds really don't. They deal with their life as it forms, make the decisions when they become relevant. The same with Caroline and Bonnie. None of them are thinking if they want to have kids etc, it's not a thing they need to think about now. Caroline is dating a werewold, and she is a vampire. what future is there for them?

Basically, being with Anna would be really unhealthy for Jeremy now, as a teenager, forget the future. What life would they have now, as a couple. and to me it looked like, regardless of Stefan, Elena took a step back, is trying to live her own life at its fullest at this moment. Sure, it took her a few months or a summer to figure it out, bit doesn't it take some time for every teen to get over a break up?
i agree with all this. couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Elite Fan

I don't want Jeremy to try and win Bonnie back either, because like you said, you can't really picture them being together anymore. The whole "It was always Anna", thing, kind of sealed the deal with me.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and I don't think Bonnie would be receptive to it either.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 12-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kind of a boring episode, imo! Just was never a fan of the ghost stuff even though it was great to see some of them come back in this episode, like Grams, Mason and LEXI!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I think that was one of the most boring episodes at all
I only loved to see Anna and Anna/Jeremy in this one, big fan of them back there
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same! They were one of the best things about the episode
Old 12-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

I remember fangirling so much bc of the kiss and Jeremy said it was always Anna in his heart

This was another greta moment, so touching, cried so much when they met again Damn, I miss Anna so much, now I got all nostalgic all over again
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I fangirled too!! They were so cute together!

Pearl!! That moment was so sweet, and I'm so glad they found each other!
Old 12-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

I was so mad when she died for good and they were separated forever, their goodbye scene was so emotional

Only reason I stand the thought she'll never come back, bc at least she got to be with her mother again, hopefully in peace
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-31-2016, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was sort of filler. But it was cool to see the old faces again. But I was hella glad when they disappeared again.

Jeremy is cheating on Bonnie! Not cool! But it was nice for the J/A fans to get more scenes and for Anna to get peace. It kind of sucks that Vicky was banished though and we didnt get any vicky/jeremy scenes... :/

No DE = no bueno.

DAmon/Alaric were really cute. "Yeah well, I didn't mean it with him."

Stefan getting to see Lexi again was really cute! Could have done without all the SE drama though.

I loved Mason helping Damon.