Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

ugh i watched the whole eppy was disappointed i think i'm really gonna start giving up on it!

i did love katherine & bonnie tonight & damon for telling elena he is not stefan & stop trying to change him! ;D
Old 10-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Addicted Fan

How could Caroline own Damon like that, he is like 100+ years older than her.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

I think the episode was FANTASTIC. This season only gets better.

I'm so happy Katherine is back!!! She's always fierce. And she's still all about Stefan. I'm kind of dissapointed she's going to use Damon again. I just hope Damon doesn't make a regression with this too. He doesn't need to trust Kat again or get romantically involved with her again. I wouldn't mind if it was a random girl but I thought finally got over her last season.

I get that Elena doesn't have to right to tell Damon how to behave but if he loves her so much and wants to be a part of her life he needs to start behaving a little bit better. Elena knows him at his best and at his worst.
It's pretty obvious that she was the one talking to Caroline. I was truly shocked when I realized it was Katherine the one talking to Bonnie.

It's great that the ghost storyline is starting to move faste but I need more answers about Vicki.
I loved all the Jeremy/Anna moments

I really hope the Stefan/Klaus bromance doesn't get ruined They are the best together.
And I love that Rebecca behaved like an original and she could totally see that Stefan was lying.

And Katherine is still obssesed with Stefan I'm glad she saved him but she needs to do more if she wants Stefan to trust her. Part of me wishes that she got the necklace to help him and not to use it for her benefit.

The TC moment was short but hot and sweet. They are so perfect together.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hera_ (View Post)
I agree with you. I really don't like Rebekah after this episode.
I was kinda disappointed here. Rebekah had started off as a guest star i though i was going to love, and now the decadent charm i saw in her kinda dropped to very, very low levels. I can't even pinpoint why, except the fact she turned way less than what I expected.

And she sold Stefan to her brother after five seconds of being reunited with him, as soon she realized he didn't feel anything as he kissed her. I would not call that love, and it kinda let me down because the flashbacks of S/R was twistedly romantic, in a way.

Quote:

I also liked the fight scene btw Damon and Caroline lol (But haha seriously she shouldnt have been able to beat him I mean hes got like 145+ years on him. And just because shes angry she beat him lol seriously?)
That was something i liked too! And Alaric final speech to Mommy Forbes and Mommy Lockwood.

Although this show is kinda inchoerent - in s2 premiere they had Katherine telling Stefan that she was older and thus way stronger than him... and here we got Damon that gets repeteadly bested by newby Caroline.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 10-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySamuelle (View Post)
I was kinda disappointed here. Rebekah had started off as a guest star i though i was going to love, and now the decadent charm i saw in her kinda dropped to very, very low levels. I can't even pinpoint why, except the fact she turned way less than what I expected.

And she sold Stefan to her brother after five seconds of being reunited with him, as soon she realized he didn't feel anything as he kissed her. I would not call that love, and it kinda let me down because the flashbacks of S/R was twistedly romantic, in a way.
Yeah I see what you mean and I totally agree. I didn't expect her to go running to her brother and saying that Stefan was a liar. But at one point in the episode Klaus and Rebekah gave each other a look, like before they go and feed. And I was like something is up.

I think when i saw that "look" I just had a feeling that no matter if she really did "love" Stefan. They knew that either he was hiding something or lying. Like in the beginning of the episode she said that she knows when he is lying, i guess that was a hint towards all of this.

So yeah true who knows if she loved him...she wanted to be with him at one point.

Quote:

That was something i liked too! And Alaric final speech to Mommy Forbes and Mommy Lockwood.

Although this show is kinda inchoerent - in s2 premiere they had Katherine telling Stefan that she was older and thus way stronger than him... and here we got Damon that gets repeteadly bested by newby Caroline.
Oh yeah, forgot about that scene. Yeah I liked that too, I wonder where there going to take that story line, should be interesting.

lol yeah they tend to do that in this show a lot. Like with there selective hearing too,
Old 10-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So yeah true who knows if she loved him...she wanted to be with him at one point.
I think she did love him but she thought things were going to be the same and they didn't turn out that way. Stefan is different now and he's in love with someone else.

I'm not surprised she sold him out to Klaus. I thought it was a realistic reaction. She was probably very hurt because she knew Stefan was going to betray them at some point.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl (View Post)
I think she did love him but she thought things were going to be the same and they didn't turn out that way. Stefan is different now and he's in love with someone else.

I'm not surprised she sold him out to Klaus. I thought it was a realistic reaction. She was probably very hurt because she knew Stefan was going to betray them at some point.
Yeah she probably did love him...especially if she was willing to betray her brother for Stefan.

And yeah true shes hurt and naturally she wanted to hurt Stefan in return.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

And I would have not minded Rebekah and Klaus turning on Stefan if it had taken a bit longer...but then they are two paranoid, evil vampires so i shouldn't be too surprised neither.

I can never predict the pace of this show.

I hope the change we saw today means that Alaric is going to get his storyline with the council-related stuff. I would really enjoy watching that...

Now, if they could even manage a real, full SL for Bonnie... I would be near to happyl,
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
And I would have not minded Rebekah and Klaus turning on Stefan if it had taken a bit longer...but then they are two paranoid, evil vampires so i shouldn't be too surprised neither.

I can never predict the pace of this show.

I hope the change we saw today means that Alaric is going to get his storyline with the council-related stuff. I would really enjoy watching that...

Now, if they could even manage a real, full SL for Bonnie... I would be near to happyl,
Yeah true neither can I! I was not expecting the necklace part coming out so fast! And I also wasnt expecting them to go back MF this early.

Yeah I hope so that would be great if he did!

lol Yeah now if they could give Bonnie an SL that would be even better!! I feel like the writers have no idea how much people love Bonnie!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

IA w/you... I still love Rebekah & believe that her feelings for Stefan are real. Things for her are the same but Stefan moved on. So she's basically a woman scorned. I think she felt betrayed in that moment b/c she could sense that Stefan's feelings weren't true. They're still hot though
Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

mmmmm... I am slightly frustrated with this episode.. I don't even know where to pinpoint my frustrations but the whole episode was ... off

Stefan/Rebekah/Klaus banter IS FREAKING GOLD These three are just awesome

Elena was blah this episode.

Jeremy was annoying for the first time tonight!! I want Anna to stay gone.. sorry Anna fans

LOVED Bonnie being back.. I think I was just so relieved to have Kat back on my screen again

Damon didn't annoy me at all. I could actually stomach his scenes

Shirtless Stefan scene was YUMMY But I was glad Katherine killed that Gloria. DON'T TOUCH MY STEFAN, GLORIA

Stefan and Rebekah have so much chemistry.. why can't the writers take it there

Stefan and Katherine scenes were good, but they were underwhelming.. I want them to have progress and I don't want tp see Stefan keep shutting her out

All in all... there wasn't enough Stefan/Klaus or Klaus in general I was pretty disappointed in this episode... Stefan was the only thing keeping me watching, but that is pretty much how it always is
Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damon - I understand why Damon did what he did even if I didn't like it. Personally what he did came off a little flat, forced even. I think he's tired of people telling him what to do or be. Damon be better, Damon do this, etc..so in Damon fashion he snaps and did what he just did in the episode. I don't find it ooc at all. Also he doesn't like being seen as someone that people can get away with things, underestimated kind of like what Caroline's father said to him.

Jeremy - I think he should be given a break. Jeremy lost Anna is an erupted and quick manner so his confusion and joy at seeing Anna makes sense, but at the end of it all he choose Bonnie then again I never thought it was choice between the two in the first place. I'm glad he told Bonnie. Just as Bonnie told him what happen to the witches who stop talking to her. I do feel bad for Anna's situation though.

Alaric - I liked the scene that he had with the council. He's right about what he told them. I also love how protective he is of Elena.

Elena - She wasn't in the episode much and what we got was kind of "eh" to me. Other than that not much to write about.

Caroline - I love Caroline! I'm still not a fan of her father, but what she did in spite of his attitude toward her - protecting him and saving him was so sweet and awesome of her.

Stefan/Katherine - I really wish Stefan would lose the attitude. I'm not expecting him to trust her, but dude she saved your life! Anyway I was glad he at least let her know something which was great. Even if he doesn't believe her Katherine does care about him, love him even. Yeah she will always have an agenda, but that doesn't change that fact.

Stefan/Rebekah - The banter between them was great. I even loved the last scene. I don't hate Rebekah for doing what she did in the end. She's both hurt and I think looking out for herself. She didn't want back in that coffin and I don't blame her. I was sad that she did that to Stefan though and sad that it seems like Stefan didn't show any feelings toward her either in the romantic sense especially since she just came from a time where those feeling were shared and he just got his memories back. I really shouldn't get attached to any of Stefan's "so called romantic prospects". Writers don't put me in front of the candy store if you're not going to let me in!

Stefan/Klaus - We had some banter. The whole you took the dagger out was a laugh, but I did expect more now that Stefan remembered, but nada which was a disappointment. I expect more conflict. Why even show or bring back that they were friends if they weren't going to go anywhere with it? I really hope it's not the case. (sigh) Klaus taking him back to Mystic Falls...I have mixed feeling about it.

Overall it wasn't the best episode. Pretty flat really. In order of the episodes I liked the best to the worst.

Episode three
Episode one
Episode two
Episode four.

This was my least favorite so far.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 10-06-2011 at 11:21 PM
Old 10-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

I should know every time I get too excited about an episode it just... sucks. I didn't like the episode at all.
So Elena admits she can't admit she's starting to feel something for Damon. that actually saved it for me.
But I agree with whoever said the way Damon snapped was really forced.
I loved Kat and most of things I expected over the description actually happened.
Caroline kicking Damon's ass is like the most inconsistent this show got in a really long time...
I enjoyed Anna as usual and even more Anna/Jeremy. They're too cute for words.
But that was it. I didn't like Alaric in the episode that much and I have absolutely no problem with Damon leaving with Kat. He's tired of people saying who he should be and how he should behave. He needs a break and I'm happy he gets it.
I shouldn't say it because I'll probably jinx it, but seeing the promo, next week's episode looks really interesting.
x
Old 10-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess (View Post)
How could Caroline own Damon like that, he is like 100+ years older than her.
That's one of the things that irks me about this show sometimes. They create universe rules only to recon them at the earliest convenience.

Ex. Stefan says Damon's stronger than him in the early episodes and he needs to use vervain to even the playing field. Cut to a couple episodes later and Stefan's owning Damon and the only reason he doesn't kill him is because he chooses not to.

Now tonight, they do the same thing. They establish that the older a vampire is, the stronger they are. They establish this from season 1. Yet newbie Caroline who was just turned a few months ago is able to defeat a vampire who's been around for 150+ years.

It's irritating, but I wasn't too impressed with this episode as a whole. It was definitely a huge step down from the two previous shows.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Damon is Damon I'm over him and his actions.

I feel the writers made Anna and Jeremy up to be something they weren't. Jeremy basically used Anna. She was a rebound. Jeremy and Anna both pissed me off. Jeremy for lying to Bonnie for so long and Anna for being selfish and not respecting his relationship with Bonnie.

But Bonnie is baaaaaack!!! And I'm so happy. Andd her and Jeremy were so cute.

Stefan is back next week can't wait and I now hate Reb.

Damon and Kat roadtrip can't wait!