Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
This episode... best, that I have seen on this show in a long time!

LOVED the Stefan/Elena scenes: I think my favourite was the closet one. The look on their faces.. gah! I just wanted to bring them together and be done with it.
The break-up, while it was sad.. but he was doing what was best for her, even if it hurt them both for him to say it.
But, of course.. WE know.. we'll be back at some point..

LOVED all the Stefan scenes. Bets part of the episode. The flashbacks were made of win. I love that era. Loved the scene. The music. It was all amazing.

I even loved Stefan/Rebekkah. There was definitely chemistry between them, and I definitely could get on board with them.

Stefan/Klaus. Wow. They were friends. Who would have guessed that? It kind of makes you think back to all their interactions last season, and kind of see it in a new light.
I'm interested in seeing where things go from here.

Poor Caroline
While, I can understand why her father is that way. He mother was the same way in the beginning before she knew any better. And he grew up hating vampires. So it's no surprise he would act like this.
WORD.

I have loved this episode so much and i think it was the best quality I saw on TVD since Masquerade.

The flashbacks and the SE closet scene were the highlights of 3.03 for me - intense and perfect, with top acting from Joseph, Nina, Paul and even Claire Holt.

I didn't believe I was going to enjoy Rebekah's character and her decadent past romance with Stefan as much I did - so I am glad the show surprised in this way, and I am even intrigued by the Rebekah closeness to Klaus. You could see that it hurt him to 'put her to rest' and whole the SKR group dynamic just works very, very well.

Right now it looks quite guaranteed that the man Klaus is on the run from must the Originals dad - which explains the necessity for his siblings to choose a side and why Klaus daggered them one by one as they assumedly turned away from him.

The revealed past friendship between Stefan and Klaus is something that promises well for future Stefan drama. I am loving his arc this season, and how he is slowly being led to confront the Ripper persona he thought he had successfully and completely buried.

And Damon! I was so proud of him for offering himself to Klaus, and that one Stefan/Damon scene worked magnificently to prove that Damon can express otherwise in words, but he wants to bring Stefan back for no other reason than it's his brother and there's still a lot of love there under the insecurities and resentments.

On a shippy side: I loved, loved, loved the crumbling, pain-and-longing-filled expressions on Elena's face during her two scenes with Stefan and the way she kept clinging on the necklace at various moments like she was trying to desperately clutch him in its stead. Just perfect.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

Last edited by SkySamuelle; 10-01-2011 at 08:04 AM Reason: faulty grammar
Old 10-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
I apologise.. I certainly wasn't intending for it to come out that way. But I have also seen people mention SE fans into the one group ie: I completely understand what you are saying but I think it should stand for everyone
I don't really group fans together, cause that's just dumb, so I can't say anything about that quote, whoever posted it, except for all of us to maybe try to be more cautious with what we say.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Stefan/Klaus. Wow. They were friends. Who would have guessed that? It kind of makes you think back to all their interactions last season, and kind of see it in a new light.
Indeed, I understand now why Klaus easily agreed on saving Damon's life. Even if we know it came with a price, I guess it was kind of a favor to an old friend. At least it's how I interpret it!

Sri Lankan Pinay, woot woot!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღMitra (View Post)
I don't really group fans together, cause that's just dumb, so I can't say anything about that quote, whoever posted it, except for all of us to maybe try to be more cautious with what we say.
That's exactly what Kem and Colie mean.

As for my episode review -

I loved it and it was carefully edited together. I had problems with Klaus not hearing the conversation outside the bar and him not feeling Elena's heartbeat in the closet. But I dunno, I'm thinking they can switch those stuff on and off. So maybe Klaus didn't switch the "hearing" thing when Stefan said he wanted to get a real drink. But he suspected someone had been in the apartment and he didn't just switch on the "heartbeat" stuff? There's a loophole there.

But then as I've mentioned I love the episode. I did enjoy the Stefan and Elena scenes. Very well acted especially Paul. I am loving Stefan way too much these past episodes. His conflicts, his past, his overall struggle. Wow! This man is tough but I just want to hold him close and get all the pain out.

Was it Damon's plan to get vervain on Stefan's system and "kidnap" him? I thought I heard him tell Elena to get a plan going before going out of the apartment. So was that Elena's plan then?

Rebekka is interesting. I don't think she fell in love with Stefan in just one night. The flashbacks just covered the more important stuff. Of course they'd leave out the in-betweens. He SL with Stefan is very interesting.

Damon and Elena are great to watch. I love how Elena called out that Damon didn't really care about her having a close encounter with Klaus. And then Damon admitting (in a very subtle and nonchalant way) that he blamed himself for leaving her in the apartment. That was funny.

I'm not sure what's in store for Katherine but I'm glad I saw her again.
Tyler/Caroline are just fantastic. Love these two. And I love the last scene of them where Caroline opened up about her dad hating her.

Speaking of Daddy, I thought he still loves her. He's not actually the villain type. There's a hint of care there. He's probably just misunderstood and misguided by what Vampires really are. There's still hope for Daddy, I hope so.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I think it is mainly SE'ers that are really disliking this season, and I understand why.
Whoops, this one was me. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, at all. That wasn't a comment to rub Elena/Stefan's apart-ness in SE'er faces...what I was saying was that for a lot of fans of the show, it is going to be hard to see the relationship that these two had being torn apart/not really talking to each other. Honestly, most of the people who haven't been enjoying this season that I have talked to (I know, that isn't everyone!)about it have specifically mentioned Stefan being away from Mystic Falls and the closeness of Elena/Damon.

I'm trying not to get defensive......but I was just saying what I have seen to be true - I certainly wasn't making a dig.

However, I know shipper emotions tend to run a little high, so I'll really try to refrain from saying stuff that can be construed as derogatory.

~Katie~
Old 12-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Flashbacks to the 1920's, Klefan bromance, Stebekah romance and Rebekah's first episode!! I loved everything about this episode for this alone. I love these three together!

Poor Caroline though! I hated what her dad did to her to try and "fix" her So glad that her mom and Tyler came in for the rescue!
Old 12-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Those flashbacks are my fav ones, I really liked them, Stefan/Bekah were so hot, Klefan was so great, it was all bloody sexy
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was!! Stebekah were hot from the start, and the Klefan bromance was solidified and I loved every minute of it!
Old 12-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

^ Their flashbacks flirting moments were so hot and sexy

I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So hot together!!
Old 12-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

They really were, I was so glad they we learnt more and they got closer in season4
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-30-2016, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as 301 and 302 because I remembered it more clearly and the flashbacks in particular seemed to drag a tiny bit.

I thought Rebekah and Stefan had nice chemistry. And it was interesting that Klaus and Stefan actually knew one another in the past. The flashbacks in general were a bit bland though this time around since I already know what happened.

I cant stand torture scenes so watching Elena’s scenes was so hard to watch.

Stefan seeing Elena and not exposing that she was there was really sweet. Poor Elena. Their scene later on was pretty sad but I understood why Stefan said what he did. At this point he just feels like hes lost Elena and he's done too much. I think hes afraid he wont be able to regain control quickly either. And of course hes trying to still save her from Klaus.

Loved LIZ this episode, so thankful she finally sees the good in Caroline. Tyler was really cute in the episode helping too.

The DE scene in the room was great! I love that Damon said he made a mistake by leaving her alone .

I loved the tiny SD scene, it was really cute.

I also adore that Katherine is in Chicago and that she was watching Stefan back then as well.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

'20s flashbacks were the best part of this episode too me, loved the atmosphere
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-19-2019, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love klefan this season and the SE. I also adore my stefan and Stebekah is sweet.