Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyed_18 (View Post)
It doesn't matter how or why, Damon was still right not to trust Elijah.
IA. and after everything Elena did to get the others to trust him it annoyed me he just took off like that with Klaus.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
IA. and after everything Elena did to get the others to trust him it annoyed me he just took off like that with Klaus.
Well he was trustable until he met up with Klaus.

I knew Klaus wasn't going to die though, it was too early to kill him off the show that's why I'm not surprised much.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Its very predictable in TV shows that when someone important dies before the end of the ep. chances are they arent really dead. look what they did to Bonnie her death didnt shock me because I knew they would bring her back it wasnt the end of the ep. yet.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyed_18 (View Post)
It doesn't matter how or why, Damon was still right not to trust Elijah.
Eh actually, it does matter. If anyone had listened to Damon, Bonnie would have been dead or for questioning the elixir so Elena would have been a vampire or questioning Bonnie's spell on John so again, Elena would have been a vampire. Damon's "plans" are just as bad.

I don't care that Elijah "betrayed" them. He did it for family.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advo (View Post)
^^No he wasn't right about Elijah at all. If Damon hasn't gone and pulled his feeding blood move, John wouldn't have needed to sacrifice himself. The curse would still have been broken - with TC dying - but Elijah wouldn't have killed Elena after she resurrected from the elixir.

And again Damon questioned Bonnie's spell. He questions everything and everyone, it's not a matter of him being right.

Elijah "betrayed" them for his family. He doesn't owe them anything - they killed him thrice!

I guess, this means they can move Alaric up to be the parental figure for E n J now. Can't believe they spared him when he's had nothing to do the whole season and now he'll be next season' Jenna.
Yeah actually he was about Elijah. He said that they couldn't trust him. So what if Damon went & pulled the feeding blood move, what does that have to do w/Elijah not killing Klaus like he said he was going to do? Damon kept saying that they should stick to their plan & not put all their trust into Elijah. It doesn't really matter WHY Elijah betrayed them he DID betray them. Elena & Stefan trusted him to kill Klaus & now Klaus is still alive. & they have no secret weapon & no dagger.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Gah

First off.. yeah.. Damon's plan.. which wasn't only Damon's.. it was Bonnie's plan as well.. would have been sooo much better show

Only Bonnie would have died, and Klaus wouldn't have broken the curse..

Now Jenna & John died.. and Klaus is the most powerful being on earth..

But.. OMG you guys i liked Bonnie this ep!! And i liked Stefan this ep!! And.. wait WHAT!??

Of course i think having no SE scenes helped.. but i really liked him this ep

And Bonnie locking Alaric and Jeremy up!? THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Elena broke me!!! Her "Turn it off!" Had me bawling

John Him calling Elena his "Extraordinary Child" I can't even

Elena/Jeremy: "I still have you!"

Damon/Elena THAT LOOK!! Him carrying her, and the scene after she wakes up

Damon not wanting Stefan to offer himself

Tyler/Caroline my heart!!!!!!!! Sooo freaking cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

With Elijah's plan, if he had went w/ his Plan A: Tyler and Caroline would die and MAYBE Elena and Bonnie would live. With Plan B: Jules and Jenna would die and MAYBE Elena and Bonnie would live. With Damon's plan: MAYBE Bonnie would willingly die. I'm surprised that Elena who was the first one to hear what the ingredients were of the sacrifice from Katherine herself, didn't think to ask Elijah who he felt Klaus would be using to be the vampire and werewolf in the curse. How did that not cross any of their minds? Werewolves aren't easy to come by. In the end, Damon's plan would have spared more lives. If anything, they should have tried to figure out another way to save EVERYONE, not just Elena and Bonnie.

Quote:
Besides, Damon is a d*ck
Advo, the Fan Forum filters are here for a reason. FF is a PG-13 forum community so please keep that in mind when posting here.

Elijah may have turned on them because of what Klaus said about being able to find his family and it is understandable seeing as they've tried to kill him before and apparently his family means a lot to him but I think after how many times they kept talking about Elijah being honorable, that I wasn't surprised when he ended up doing something dishonorable to them. Understandable in a way yes but doesn't change what he did.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Yeah actually he was about Elijah. He said that they couldn't trust him. So what if Damon went & pulled the feeding blood move, what does that have to do w/Elijah not killing Klaus like he said he was going to do? Damon kept saying that they should stick to their plan & not put all their trust into Elijah. It doesn't really matter WHY Elijah betrayed them he DID betray them. Elena & Stefan trusted him to kill Klaus & now Klaus is still alive. & they have no secret weapon & no dagger.
Yes, it does matter WHY he betrayed them. Stefan or Damon haven't been able to kill each other either for all the crap they have individually pulled. Elijah's entire motivation for killing Klaus in the first place was to avenge his family! Even Stefan said that he could understand it if Elijah couldn't kill his own brother. But he could, except that Klaus had a back up plan! So Damon wasn't right about Elijah being untrustworthy, he WAS going to keep his word. I'm not going to blame him for choosing his family over people who killed him thrice!

Elena didn't know that it would end up being Tyler and Caroline. It's easier to sacrifice one unknown human life over a friend. But otherwise, it would have been a toss up between Bonnie's life and TC's lives. How is one better than the other? Same for plan B. Also, with plan B, it's Damon's fault that Jenna got dragged into it. So John and Jenna are on Damon.

Last edited by Advo; 05-05-2011 at 07:08 PM
Old 05-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay let me step in a say what Elijah did was wrong and should be called a betrayal BUT some people are acting like Elijah went into this thinking "you know I'm going to do the ultimate betrayal and let Klaus live." He really was sincerely dead set on killing Klaus cause of the so called killings he did to his full family...everything changed the moment Klaus gave Elijah his word that they are safe. "Their bodies are safe, if you kill me you'll never find them." and then to put the icying on the cake. Klaus gave Elijah his word....which by now we know is pretty major.

So you can say what Elijah did was betrayal but it wasn't a *gasp OMFG what the hell betrayal" I actually understood it. I think this season was all about showing what everyone will do for family and friends.

I don't think just because of all of that we can say that Damon's plan was even better because with Damon's plan I think things would have still turned out just as badly.
So yeah what Elijah did was wrong but I think with either plan it would have been a lot of death cause no matter what Klaus wouldn't have died in 2x18 because he was possessing Alaric's body and the dragger wouldn't have even worked on him.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yes, it does matter WHY he betrayed them. Stefan or Damon haven't been able to kill each other either for all the crap they have individually pulled. Elijah's entire motivation for killing Klaus in the first place was to avenge his family! Even Stefan said that he could understand it if Elijah couldn't kill his own brother. But he could, except that Klaus had a back up plan! So Damon wasn't right about Elijah being untrustworthy, he WAS going to keep his word. I'm not going to blame him for choosing his family over people who killed him thrice!

Elena didn't know that it would end up being Tyler and Caroline. It's easier to sacrifice one unknown human life over a friend. But otherwise, it would have been a toss up between Bonnie's life and TC's lives. How is one better than the other? Same for plan B. Also, with plan B, it's Damon's fault that Jenna got dragged into it. So John and Jenna are on Damon.
I'm not really blaming him that's not really the point I was trying to make. I like Elijah & I actually understand his motives. But in the end he wasn't trustworthy like Damon predicted. I would just like it acknowledged on the show since Damon was constantly dismissed the last few episodes b/c he wasn't all rah rah Elijah. I actually always suspected that if it came to this he wouldn't be able to do it. It's clear he's being paralleled w/Stefan in that when the opportunity presents itself neither of them could really kill their brother. Which I'm fine with b/c I like The Originals & want to see more of their brotherly relationship.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
I'm not really blaming him that's not really the point I was trying to make. I like Elijah & I actually understand his motives. But in the end he wasn't trustworthy like Damon predicted. I would just like it acknowledged on the show since Damon was constantly dismissed the last few episodes b/c he wasn't all rah rah Elijah. I actually always suspected that if it came to this he wouldn't be able to do it. It's clear he's being paralleled w/Stefan in that when the opportunity presents itself neither of them could really kill their brother. Which I'm fine with b/c I like The Originals & want to see more of their brotherly relationship.
I actually agree with this whole post...except of the whole "Neither of them could really kill their brother" part. Only because I think Elijah would have totally killed Klaus if Klaus didn't mention the family being safe and giving Elijah his word. ....also I'm still not sure about acknowledging how right Damon was....only because Elena instincts was right about trusting Elijah but no one could have expected that Klaus would find a way to save himself in the end...not even Elijah expected it.

I would love to see more of how Elijah/Klaus relationship was though.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Bonnie was the best part
I didn't like how Matt/Caroline/Tyler was disconnected from the main plot. Felt like I was watching two different shows each time they came on.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Addicted Fan

^^But the thing is, Elijah could kill Klaus because Klaus slaughtered their family. Otherwise, it might be neither can kill each other situation.

Regardless, Damon wasn't right about Elijah being untrustworthy as we saw how he was going to kill Klaus. That was what Damon doubted AND the elixir.

^Yes, TCM felt disconnected and it happens really often.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
Bonnie was the best part
I didn't like how Matt/Caroline/Tyler was disconnected from the main plot. Felt like I was watching two different shows each time they came on.
I think in the longrun it made sense though. I don't see what Caroline, Tyler or Matt could have done with the fight against Klaus. It was good for Matt/Caroline and Tyler/Caroline to get some stuff resolved in their relationships.

Quote:
^^But the thing is, Elijah could kill Klaus because Klaus slaughtered their family. Otherwise, it might be neither can kill each other situation.

Regardless, Damon wasn't right about Elijah being untrustworthy as we saw how he was going to kill Klaus. That was what Damon doubted AND the elixir.
Agreed!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
With Elijah's plan, if he had went w/ his Plan A: Tyler and Caroline would die and MAYBE Elena and Bonnie would live. With Plan B: Jules and Jenna would die and MAYBE Elena and Bonnie would live. With Damon's plan: MAYBE Bonnie would willingly die. I'm surprised that Elena who was the first one to hear what the ingredients were of the sacrifice from Katherine herself, didn't think to ask Elijah who he felt Klaus would be using to be the vampire and werewolf in the curse. How did that not cross any of their minds? Werewolves aren't easy to come by. In the end, Damon's plan would have spared more lives. If anything, they should have tried to figure out another way to save EVERYONE, not just Elena and Bonnie.

Advo, the Fan Forum filters are here for a reason. FF is a PG-13 forum community so please keep that in mind when posting here.

Elijah may have turned on them because of what Klaus said about being able to find his family and it is understandable seeing as they've tried to kill him before and apparently his family means a lot to him but I think after how many times they kept talking about Elijah being honorable, that I wasn't surprised when he ended up doing something dishonorable to them. Understandable in a way yes but doesn't change what he did.
I totally agree with this. Way too many people died for nothing tonight.