Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Addicted Fan

The ritual starts - Jules dies - then Stefan shows up to exchange himself for Jenna but Klaus knocks him out because he wants to use him for something else. Jenna dies.

Matt shoots Tyler which knocks the wolf out, and he and Caroline run of to hide at some mansion. Later Tyler wakes up on the doorstep as human. TC have a moment, Matt sees. Later Matt breaks up with Caroline and TC have another moment where Caroline tells Tyler not to leave her

Ritual continues, Klaus drinks Elena's blood, she dies and he starts transforming.

During the episode, Elijah promised Stefan to kill Klaus to avenge his family that Klaus have killed.

Bonnie has found a spell that can pin a child's soul to a parent and that's how they can resurrect Elena as a human. Bonnie traps Jeremy and Alaric in the house together with John. Elijah, Damon and Bonnie leave to kill Klaus.

When Klaus is weakened, Damon kills Greta, Bonnie weakens Klaus and Elijah goes on for the kill. At last minute, Klaus reveals that their family is not dead or their bodies are not scattered in the sea and Elijah will never find the bodies if he kills him. Elijah hesitates, Bonnie says she'll kill them both if he doesn't kill Klaus but Elijah speeds Klaus' body away.

Later Elena resurrects and John dies as a result.

The episode ends with the funeral for John and Jenna and Damon reveals to Stefan that he's been bitten. John left Elena a bitter sweet letter where he tells her he loves her no matter if she's a vampire or not and that his ring is for her future child.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
also way to betray everyone Elijah for your brother who you hate
Weren't you watching? He betrayed them for his family - not Klaus!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It looks like Elijah flew away with Klaus.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was so good, so emotional. The final song Just thinking about it is seriously making me cry. Oh my god, the DE looks. I was like dying. So incredible, and intense. And just the idea that Elena has lost SO many people ...it dawned on me, all that loss. This poor girl is so strong, Elena you are amazing.

And Tyler/Caroline are making me love them. I NEVER shipped them, ever, but now I am starting to love them. Their scene on the couch was so adorable, so cute - I'm falling, and fast. I still love Matt/Caroline, but Tyler is just so kind hearted now it seems. So genuine. I do always have hope for Stefan/Caroline though.

Jenna The letter Damon All of it...this episode.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Addicted Fan

^^They jumped over the fire - or something and then speeded away. Need to rewatch.

My poor John. I'm furious that they killed him but at least Elijah and Tyler made it so two out of three isn't so bad, I guess. No, I'm still pissed!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advo (View Post)
Weren't you watching? He betrayed them for his family - not Klaus!
Yeah, actually I was watching. and I think he did it for both reasons.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i loooved the Matt/Caro/Tyler moments i love them both (first triangle ever where i don't hate anyone or don't ship the other couple ) so loved all of their scenes. It was sad when Matt broke up with Caro but can anyone really blame him? He has so much other things going on and have no idea how to handle this.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Addicted Fan

^^Yeah sure. He was about to kill Klaus, but hesitated to ask about their family's bodies but he did it for Klaus' sake? Whateves.

Last edited by HappySquared; 05-06-2011 at 08:45 AM Reason: Edited by Mod
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

I'm unsurprized on all accounts. Jenny's death, Klus living, Katherine free and unharmed, Stefan trying to save the day and failing, all in all unsurprized. Though, I wasn't expected daddy Gilbert to die too.

Oh well, we'll see what happens next week since there done with this awful story line. I've actually got a good idea on how Damon's going to survive.

): )
Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I enjoyed this episode a lot...happy that both Elijah and Klaus are not dead cause it would have been way to easy. I don't see what Elijah did as a betrayal since Klaus is the only one who can find his family....or so he say? and Klaus said the main sentence that is the most honest. "I give you my word, brother."

We already know how much the Originals giving each other their word means to them. So this makes me more happy that the chapter of Klaus and Elijah is not closed but it's bad what Elijah did.

I loved Stefan in this episode he just was so amazing for words. Tied with John Gilbert who was in fact my favorite

"Come back as a vampire and I'll stake you myself." I loved that DE small scene so much only because it did show that Damon is truly remorseful for his actions in last episode and he doesn't want her as a vampire if she's hates him forever.

Just gotta give it to John Gilbert again, I was in love with him from the beginning of the episode to the very end it was just so sad. I feel bad for Elena and Jeremy, the only ones they have is each other now.

"This is the second time I tried to kill you."
"No friendship is perfect."

The first time I truly enjoyed Tyler/Caroline, hopefully it's the start of me shipping them. I gotta give it to Matt as well, I know he has a lot of hate which died down a bit after last weeks episode BUT this weeks I just understood why he broke up with Caroline. His actions proved that he did really love her but dealing with vampires....the supernatural world.

"I don't know if I can, Caroline. I get it this is your life now. You know with my life is Care, my life is an absently Mom and a bunch of bills to pay and school and a job and it sucks sometimes but it's my life and....I think that I just want to live it without all of this."

That whole speech I just loved because Matt life is bad from the Human nature side of things but coming into the Supernatural world is so much more dangerous and it's too much. I like them for keeping Matt that way. I think he's way safer without being a part of it but as we know I'm sure if Caroline or someone he cared about was in danger he'll try to help as he proved in these last two episodes. So I love you Matt! Finally one person on this show out of the supernatural world.

Also that scene where Elena looks at her mirror it's so heartbreaking. It takes me back to the pilot 1x01 when she's in the mirror and you see the family picture. It's so sad that Elena's has now loss every one of her parents. I feel for her....and Jeremy. They both lost so much. Jeremy is a character who's grown so much from Season 1. When you see him in this episode and you see him in Season 1 you just see the difference.

Damon and Elijah...I know see them more alike then Klaus/Damon. I do see Stefan in Elijah as well though. Even though I'm not the biggest Damon fan right now since I still think he has a lot to do before he truly can become good but I just think he's loyal to the ones he loves as Elijah is. He really was going to kill Klaus but he need to find his family so it made sense. It's like episode 1x10, remember when Damon was going to kill Logan but Logan told Damon he knew how to get Katherine back, and he completely stopped and made Logan escape. The Stefan part he has in common is the honorable part.

Klaus finally being a villains and killing, it was sad to see that he was doing BUT it was needed cause no one was taking Klaus as a big threat.

Also Bonnie you owned it!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

The episode rocked hard! So much happened! This seriously could've been the finale.

- Jenna dying made me sadder than I thought. I never cared about her but it was really hard to watch her die in front of Elena.

- I usually have no use for Bonnie! But I was happy when she showed up & started kicking ass!

- I usually like Jeremy/Bonnie but I was bored by them in this epi. I wish the show would give them a story together.

- The Salvatore Bros are my OTP so I was loving all the moments of concern for each other. Stefan looked like he was gonna cry at the end. Awww

- I'm interested in seeing more development between Klaus/Elijah

- Loved the small DE moment

- Most importantly Damon was right about Elijah! Sweet Vindication! He tried to warn them that he might not be trustworthy & no one listened to him, treated him like he was just an annoyance & he was right! & now they have no dagger! Maybe now they'll actually listen to him in the future even if he sounds unreasonable.

Next week is going to kill me! I can't watch my baby suffer
Old 05-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

I liked Matt in this ep. Its the first time in a while I understood him. He doesnt want that life and its completely understandable, really who would but what are they going to do with him now
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Addicted Fan

^^No he wasn't right about Elijah at all. If Damon hasn't gone and pulled his feeding blood move, John wouldn't have needed to sacrifice himself. The curse would still have been broken - with TC dying - but Elijah wouldn't have killed Elena after she resurrected from the elixir.

And again Damon questioned Bonnie's spell. He questions everything and everyone, it's not a matter of him being right.

Elijah "betrayed" them for his family. He doesn't owe them anything - they killed him thrice!

I guess, this means they can move Alaric up to be the parental figure for E n J now. Can't believe they spared him when he's had nothing to do the whole season and now he'll be next season' Jenna.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Passionate Fan

It doesn't matter how or why, Damon was still right not to trust Elijah.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)

- Most importantly Damon was right about Elijah! Sweet Vindication! He tried to warn them that he might not be trustworthy & no one listened to him, treated him like he was just an annoyance & he was right! & now they have no dagger! Maybe now they'll actually listen to him in the future even if he sounds unreasonable.
Actually Damon wasn't right about Elijah at first. Elijah changed his mind after Klaus gave him his word that he'll give him the location of his family and with the Orginal's "I give you my word" is pretty big. Elijah was about revenge and his mindstate was truly to kill Klaus so that wan't a lie at all but everything just changed when Klaus told him about the family.

I don't know believe just because of this everyone should listen to every idea Damon has. Probably once in a while yes but all the time? no. I still believe even more would have end up dying if they went with Damon's way. in the longrun I think it was just to hard to stop Klaus.

So yeah I don't think Elijah saw that coming...hopefully he flew Klaus off to another country.:look