Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe/hil/LP fan (View Post)

Oh well, whatever way you try to rationalize this, it sucks and Damon shouldnt have done it.
Basically. And if Elena ever goes for Damon after this, uhhhhh.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

....If Bonnie uses her powers she'll die, if Elena throws her life away for the magic spell theres every chance she'll die, Damon went with option C.

I'm ok with option C.

Only idiots throw there lives away for no good reason. So she doesn't want to be a vampire, well its a step up from actually being a corpse.

I swear...this angsty lovey dovey crap makes me wanna vomit. While forehead the vampire boy and whiny teen doesn't know which bro she wants are off in the woods having a magical day together...

Damon's saving Tyler and Caroline. Then he saves Caroline and Matt, getting bitten in the process. And while Stefan is calling to cry like a little girl, its Damon heading to Klus's place to tell him to give up Elena because he throw a monkey wrench into his plans, knowing he could very well die doing so.

You'll excuse he if I'm not begrudging him for forceing Elena to drink his blood. Someone has to take command here. And while it wasnt nice and it wasn't sappy and weak handed, like Stefan, it was a better plan then 'oh lets hope this 500 year old potions works.'

Angst is for children. Grownups take a more pragmantic view on the world. And at the end of the day, Stefens always going to be a teenager vampire and Damons going to be an adult vampire.

): )
Old 04-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damon's not saving the day, he's trying to fix HIS mistake.

Bottom line, Damon nor anybody else has the right to take away Elena's right to choose/free will away from her. Which is what he did.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

i loved the ep

Damon&Elena and Tyler&Caroline!!!

Yeah.. DE shouldn't be together yet.. and i HATE what he did, and Elena broke me!! Nina always makes me cry. Her not wanting to turn, ugh, my heart But.. yeah, i still ship it.. call me crazy.. i don't care if it takes till the LAST season.. or S5 for him to be worthy of her and fix himself.. I love that he was going above and beyond to fix his screwup, trying to buy Elena one more month so she wouldn't have to turn even if it meant he would die in the process.. I loved that he jumped in front of Tyler to save Caroline's life. He doesn't care about Elena's friends? Well this can settle that. He broke me when he asked Katherine why Klaus couldn't use HIM!!! How devastated he looked when he found out he turned Jenna. It was supposed to be him, no one else was supposed to die. Only him and well Jules but that's beside the point

but yeah.. i don't ship DE as a right now thing.. but i know that's where i want things to lead.. no matter how long it takes to have him be worthy of her.

And Tyler/Caroline!! Gah i missed you two!!! SFM!!!

Paraphrasing

"Why did you leave me?"
"I knew you hated me, and that you didn't deserve.. someone like me."
"I could never hate you Tyler"

TC can totally get together like.. next episode though.. no need to wait with these two

Also: Dalaric Alaric stood by Damon, and helped him fix his mess
Old 04-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've given up trying to predict this show, or being big headed thinking I've watched so much television that I've seen it all. This show is so unpredictable, to me anyway. Jenna a vampire? Either she'll stay that way or she will be the sacrifice and die. I don't like either option!
ღღღ
Old 04-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
....If Bonnie uses her powers she'll die, if Elena throws her life away for the magic spell theres every chance she'll die, Damon went with option C.

I'm ok with option C.

Only idiots throw there lives away for no good reason. So she doesn't want to be a vampire, well its a step up from actually being a corpse.

I swear...this angsty lovey dovey crap makes me wanna vomit. While forehead the vampire boy and whiny teen doesn't know which bro she wants are off in the woods having a magical day together...

Damon's saving Tyler and Caroline. Then he saves Caroline and Matt, getting bitten in the process. And while Stefan is calling to cry like a little girl, its Damon heading to Klus's place to tell him to give up Elena because he throw a monkey wrench into his plans, knowing he could very well die doing so.

You'll excuse he if I'm not begrudging him for forceing Elena to drink his blood. Someone has to take command here. And while it wasnt nice and it wasn't sappy and weak handed, like Stefan, it was a better plan then 'oh lets hope this 500 year old potions works.'

Angst is for children. Grownups take a more pragmantic view on the world. And at the end of the day, Stefens always going to be a teenager vampire and Damons going to be an adult vampire.

U cant say that. Elena said herself she DOESN'T want to be a vampire. Feed on blood, never grow old, never have children. SO no a vampire isn't a step up from a corpse. Especially when u have to watch everyoen around u die.

Damon had NO right to feed her blood against her will. That is HER choice to make.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damon's not saving the day, he's trying to fix HIS mistake.

Bottom line, Damon nor anybody else has the right to take away Elena's right to choose/free will away from her. Which is what he did
EXACTLY. on both counts. this is a case of the ends don't justify the means imo, whatever Damon's intentions were he took away Elena's FREE WILL, which is a human right that no one should ever have taken away from them. But Damon has a history of doing just that to females, so it shouldn't be that much of a shock. Back in S1 I thought he would never do that to Elena because she was different to him from other females. apparently that's not the case.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Free will is the cry of the weak. The strong take what they want and enforce their will on the world. Elena was making a childish choice. Willing to hope that some magical potion will save her from death.

Damon took that off the table. Now even if Klus kills her, she'll come back. And even if she hates him she'll be alive to hate him. She can cry on forehead boy's shoulder all she wants about losing the chance at babies and growing old....but that really wasn't an option either.

It was going to happen one way or another. And it wasn't about him changing his mess, it was him bending to her will because he loves her. He doesn't want her to hate him. But theres no way he thinks her plan is you know....not stupid.

Caroline was a trooper. I hope she comes out alright. Matt and I'm too worried about. Tyler....I'm leaning towards hopeing he lives.

Jules....not so much. Aunt Jenny? I could go either way. Though it does strike me as ironic that Jermey is the only Gilbert that wanted to be a vampire and prett soon hes going to be the only one who isn't one.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, obviously, Elena has shown that she wants somebody who respects her AND her choices even if he(Stefan) may not necessarily agree with them. He didn't want to let her go with Klaus, but she said to let her go.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Free will is the cry of the weak.The strong take what they want and enforce their will on the world
wow...if that's your outlook on life then I guess there's no point in having a conversation about this
Old 04-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
also, JENNA IS A VAMPIRE? didnt see that coming.
She's transitioning. She's not a vampire yet. She can either choose to die like Damon originally wanted to do or she can drink human blood and become a vampire.

Quote:
Kem I totally see your point and I agree with you, but I think it might end up being a way for Damon to forgive Stefan for forcing him to turn. The fact that he was so desperate not to lose someone he loves will cause him to understand that Stefan's reasons were exactly the same. I think they did that to lay ground for a new understanding between them. At least on that subject anyway.
So resolve DS's problem to cause a problem between Damon and Elena? That's not exactly fair I mean I love them both but I wouldn't want one problem sacrificed for the other especially seeing as that doesn't seem DS's problem anymore. In 2x08, Stefan explained and they seemed to have come to terms w/ it.

Quote:
I thought he resented him because Katherine chose him, but didn't he say "it's been one hell of a ride". Maybe in Damon's twisted mind, he thinks that he could make the same choice for Elena and maybe she'll love being a vampire the way he learned to

Oh well, whatever way you try to rationalize this, it sucks and Damon shouldnt have done it.
I think that was just him rationalizing away what happened. If he had fully enjoyed being a vampire this whole time, it wouldn't have been much of a problem that his brother turn him. He wouldn't be saying that he misses being human. And just because he did it, doesn't mean it was in character for him to do so.

This episode...I don't even know.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Damon said he misses being human?! I can't believe i missed that, but maybe because i don't care much for Damon I miss some of his quotes. But yeah Stefan shouldn't have pushed him to turn and he shouldn't have tried to force Elena to do the same. I can't say it's out of character for Damon to do off-the-wall irrational things though. Nothing is quite of reach for him and he continues to prove that in the episodes. I just don't know how much I can take of the Damon redemption arc that is sure to come after this wolf bite.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jennas totally gonna die.

it doesnt really matter what damon does though, does it? because he always ends up being forgiven anyways, so ive learned to just forget everything bad that ever happens. LOL.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
U cant say that.
Pretty sure I can. And while I often end up playing the devils advacate, its not because its the wrong choice. What Elena wants, that Romeo and Juliet throwing your life away for love and pride...thats not the right option, thats whats wrong with America today.

I like watching shows like Btvs, VD's, and Being Human, not because I like vampires....because I hate vampires.... its for the drama and the witty moments. In this world today where one of the number one movie series is about a angsty teen girl wanting to become a vampire at 16 from her centuries older boyfriend, its actually refreshing to see Elena not wanting to throw away her human life.

Growing up, having kids, dieing at a 102 surrounded by your grandkids warm in your bed....thats beautiful.

But thats not the outcome Elena was going to get either way. I wouldn't have even given her a 50/50 shot with some old potion that they really didn't given an explination on or a believeable choice at saving her life. Damon made sure she wasn't going to die.

Where theres life theres hope. Free will? Sometimes its overrated.