Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I kind of get where Stefan's coming from if he's like "okay, enough is enough, that's my girl you're talking about" but idk, they're both rubbing me off the wrong way to be honest. Both Damon, and Stefan. I don't know what I expect, but if this kind of immaturity continues I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle it. It's a really messy situation but I don't want any stupid bickering...wow I sound like I'm contradicting myself big time with saying that I loved the bickering scene Basically I don't mind the bickering maybe sometimes, cause I love the intensity, and the "omg" moment that comes with it, but if its continuous...then I'm going to start to mind it. Hopefully I made sense
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 AM
New Fan

"Klaus" Recap and Review

I was so happy to have Elijah back this episode, but I have to admit mixed feelings about Klaus...!

My "Klaus" recap is up here

Hope you like it!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Passionate Fan

I just don't get how Stefan's speech can be justified. Neither of the brothers are perfect, but it always feels to me that Damon is always doing these things for his brother- like giving up on Elena. I mean, it's obvious that Damon loves Elena, and Damon could have still be like he was in S1 and trying to take Elena away from Stefan but he isn't, yet Stefan still treats like crap because of his love for Elena. If Damon hadn't backed off, I would understand perfectly Stefan's reaction, but he didn't and I would have thought Stefan fans would like the way he acted. Why? Because it shows that Stefan isn't a one dimensional character, and that he has flaws. And his biggest flaw is the way he treats his brother.

This season I've come to like Stefan as an individual character, something I hadn't in S1 because it was 'Elena Elena Elena' all the time. It was like Stefan's life revolved around Elena and he wasn't his own person and as much as we know Stefan loves Elena, he has to have a life away from her. Enter S2 when he was becoming more indvidual and I realised I didn't dislike him as much as I thought I did. These past two episodes, however, have reminded me why I didn't like him in the first place. The way he smiled when Elena slapped Damon in the last episode, and his 'speech' in this episode, just doesn't put him in my good books. I would like to see Stefan do something big for Damon because as it stands I could care less about the brothers' relationship when it feels so one-sided.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღMitra (View Post)
Yeah, I kind of get where Stefan's coming from if he's like "okay, enough is enough, that's my girl you're talking about" but idk, they're both rubbing me off the wrong way to be honest. Both Damon, and Stefan.
Preferably Stefan could have told Damon that he was stepping over the line without mentioning the fact he believes he has Elena's respect because it was obvious that this would irritate Damon. I think he kept it in for too long so it came out worst than it should have.

It would be so much better if they cared a bit more for each other and a bit less for Elena
Old 04-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling.For.You (View Post)
Preferably Stefan could have told Damon that he was stepping over the line without mentioning the fact he believes he has Elena's respect because it was obvious that this would irritate Damon. I think he kept it in for too long so it came out worst than it should have.

It would be so much better if they cared a bit more for each other and a bit less for Elena
Right, exactly. & I guess we shouldn't be surprised since we really haven't gotten much of a confrontation between Stefan & Damon regarding Damon's feelings for Elena, well not that I know of anyway since I missed a lot of eps when the show came back in January. This seems to have been the biggest confrontation though, even without seeing the eps that's what it feels like.

Stefan & Damon should definitely care more about each other than caring about who gets in the way of their girl. I mean, I love Elena but come on, where's the brotherly love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delenalove (View Post)
I just don't get how Stefan's speech can be justified. Neither of the brothers are perfect, but it always feels to me that Damon is always doing these things for his brother- like giving up on Elena. I mean, it's obvious that Damon loves Elena, and Damon could have still be like he was in S1 and trying to take Elena away from Stefan but he isn't, yet Stefan still treats like crap because of his love for Elena. If Damon hadn't backed off, I would understand perfectly Stefan's reaction, but he didn't and I would have thought Stefan fans would like the way he acted. Why? Because it shows that Stefan isn't a one dimensional character, and that he has flaws. And his biggest flaw is the way he treats his brother.

This season I've come to like Stefan as an individual character, something I hadn't in S1 because it was 'Elena Elena Elena' all the time. It was like Stefan's life revolved around Elena and he wasn't his own person and as much as we know Stefan loves Elena, he has to have a life away from her. Enter S2 when he was becoming more indvidual and I realised I didn't dislike him as much as I thought I did. These past two episodes, however, have reminded me why I didn't like him in the first place. The way he smiled when Elena slapped Damon in the last episode, and his 'speech' in this episode, just doesn't put him in my good books. I would like to see Stefan do something big for Damon because as it stands I could care less about the brothers' relationship when it feels so one-sided.
Wow, ICA Great post. I guess to some extent I get where Stefan comes, but not entirely. The same goes for Damon.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would like to see Stefan do something big for Damon because as it stands I could care less about the brothers' relationship when it feels so one-sided.
I have to disagree with the one-sided part of the brotherhood. I think the end of season 1 was the last time there was truly a brother relationship but ever since the kiss it's been tense. If anything for me their relationship has gotten worse because of Elena this season. I would say the moment when he went to Elena and compelled her and told her she deserves Stefan was a big moment for Damon but then his actions in the following episodes (especially this past episode) kind of took all of that and that moment away from me personally. So i think it's kind of unfair to say stefan is the one to blame for their relationship not being in repair.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think it's Stefan's fault entirely for their relationship being the way it is, I'd say that it's pretty equal and that they're both to blame. This is a TV show and its means is for entertainment so I really don't expect anything less than for them to fight over a girl and let their relationship be fcked with because of it. After all, that's the way it's always been with them since day 1.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by attract your dreams ♥ (View Post)
I have to disagree with the one-sided part of the brotherhood. I think the end of season 1 was the last time there was truly a brother relationship but ever since the kiss it's been tense. If anything for me their relationship has gotten worse because of Elena this season. I would say the moment when he went to Elena and compelled her and told her she deserves Stefan was a big moment for Damon but then his actions in the following episodes (especially this past episode) kind of took all of that and that moment away from me personally. So i think it's kind of unfair to say stefan is the one to blame for their relationship not being in repair.
I don't think it's all Stefan's fault, but I think he is a big reason has to why their relationship is crap as of now. I never feel like he gives Damon a chance, and that's why he lashes out and behaves childish sometimes.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Stay to the Lights, I don't think the "respect" line was a low blow either. I think Damon actually needed to hear it. Stefan has been so, so cool regarding Damon's feelings for Elena. He has never tried to make Damon feel bad for having those feelings. Which is more than I can say for myself if my sister suddenly developed feelings for my boyfriend. Damon needed to be shut down eventually and I'm glad Stefan finally did it.

attract your dreams, yeah, it is a messy scenario but at this point, it's about what ELENA wants. And that is Stefan. Not Damon.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I agree. Again though, I think they're both responsible, in different ways. When they're going to own up to that, never I bet
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

That was an awesome episode. I loved it. Compared to the epic fail of last weeks hype, I thoroughly enjoyed all the revelations in this epiosde. Also, am I the only one hoping for an Elijah/Klaus spinoff show? I'd even be up for Katherine making guest appearances

Screw the brothers, I'm on the Elijah/Elena train too. They were awesome. When Elena takes matters into her own hands, she freaking rocks. I'm glad that she resurrected Elijah because so far, he's presented the best case scenario out of everyone. Also, I like that Elijah seems to respect her. I know Stefan does too but Elijah seems to trust and respect her input more then either brother does. Then again, Elijah isn't as emotionally involved as the brothers so that's the advantage of his involvement. He can see past just making sure Elena's alright and ensure the safety of everyone else.. once you're on his good side anyway.

The parallels of both sets of brothers was really interesting in this episode. While I don't think Elijah was in love with Katerina, I certainly agree he had feelings for her. I think she reminded him of how to feel for humans, and I got the feeling from the later scenes with him and Klaus in the episode that Klaus had instilled upon him that feeling for humans was the weak part of being a vampire. Elijah clearly had issues with Klaus hurting humans for his games (issues that both Damon and Stefan have similarly had with each other in the past) and while he ignored his issues because he loved his brother, Katerina's arrival clearly brought these issues to the surface again.

Damon and Stefans' fight didn't seem that out of character to me. It's clearly been brewing. Stefan is usually quite passive when it comes to his brother and ignores his snarks but last night it became impossible because with Elena being out with Elijah, emotions were at an all time high. Damon acted like an immature brat from the get go, he was abusing Andie right infront of Stefan which was why Stefan said something. He was disrespectful of Elena's wishes to go back to Elijah and then later implied to Stefan that he should be grateful he was using Andie because it prevented him from going after what he really wanted, which of course is Elena. I don't blame Stefan for snapping. Damon was baiting him all episode because he was upset that Elena had gone rogue, Stefan rose to it. It's not something that regularly happens but it did. Once Elena stopped the argument, Damon continued his act of childishness by refusing to apoligise to Elijah and then ran off and attacked Andie. Granted he fought the urge to kill so that's something but more or less, he was out of control this episode.

It's why I don't think Elena shouldn't be trusting his ability to help her. He's far too emotionally involved to the point that he can't think logically and can't see anything past making sure Elena lives. I mean if anything this proves how much he loves her but it's just not something that I can see anyone benefitting from when it comes to curse. In my opinion, Damon doesn't trust her to make her own decisions because he sees himself as the only one who loves her enough to ensure her safety above anything else. It's sweet on paper and to an extent is true but given how irrational Damon is getting, I could see Elena surviving while Bonnie and whoever is in the way dies which is not what Elena wants.

Also the obligatory Jenna knows cheer

I like Klaus btw. Looks like I'm on my own. He's so different to what I imagined but I like it. I think a part of it is due to me enjoying the family idea of the origninals and just dying for some present day Elijah/Klaus with a touch of Katherine scenes!

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

That was an awesome episode. I loved it. Compared to the epic fail of last weeks hype, I thoroughly enjoyed all the revelations in this epiosde. Also, am I the only one hoping for an Elijah/Klaus spinoff show? I'd even be up for Katherine making guest appearances

Screw the brothers, I'm on the Elijah/Elena train too. They were awesome. When Elena takes matters into her own hands, she freaking rocks. I'm glad that she resurrected Elijah because so far, he's presented the best case scenario out of everyone. Also, I like that Elijah seems to respect her. I know Stefan does too but Elijah seems to trust and respect her input more then either brother does. Then again, Elijah isn't as emotionally involved as the brothers so that's the advantage of his involvement. He can see past just making sure Elena's alright and ensure the safety of everyone else.. once you're on his good side anyway.

The parallels of both sets of brothers was really interesting in this episode. While I don't think Elijah was in love with Katerina, I certainly agree he had feelings for her. I think she reminded him of how to feel for humans, and I got the feeling from the later scenes with him and Klaus in the episode that Klaus had instilled upon him that feeling for humans was the weak part of being a vampire. Elijah clearly had issues with Klaus hurting humans for his games (issues that both Damon and Stefan have similarly had with each other in the past) and while he ignored his issues because he loved his brother, Katerina's arrival clearly brought these issues to the surface again.

Damon and Stefans' fight didn't seem that out of character to me. It's clearly been brewing. Stefan is usually quite passive when it comes to his brother and ignores his snarks but last night it became impossible because with Elena being out with Elijah, emotions were at an all time high. Damon acted like an immature brat from the get go, he was abusing Andie right infront of Stefan which was why Stefan said something. He was disrespectful of Elena's wishes to go back to Elijah and then later implied to Stefan that he should be grateful he was using Andie because it prevented him from going after what he really wanted, which of course is Elena. I don't blame Stefan for snapping. Damon was baiting him all episode because he was upset that Elena had gone rogue, Stefan rose to it. It's not something that regularly happens but it did. Once Elena stopped the argument, Damon continued his act of childishness by refusing to apoligise to Elijah and then ran off and attacked Andie. Granted he fought the urge to kill so that's something but more or less, he was out of control this episode.

It's why I don't think Elena shouldn't be trusting his ability to help her. He's far too emotionally involved to the point that he can't think logically and can't see anything past making sure Elena lives. I mean if anything this proves how much he loves her but it's just not something that I can see anyone benefitting from when it comes to curse. In my opinion, Damon doesn't trust her to make her own decisions because he sees himself as the only one who loves her enough to ensure her safety above anything else. It's sweet on paper and to an extent is true but given how irrational Damon is getting, I could see Elena surviving while Bonnie and whoever is in the way dies which is not what Elena wants.

Also the obligatory Jenna knows cheer

I like Klaus btw. Looks like I'm on my own. He's so different to what I imagined but I like it. I think a part of it is due to me enjoying the family idea of the origninals and just dying for some present day Elijah/Klaus with a touch of Katherine scenes!

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by delenalove (View Post)
I don't think it's all Stefan's fault, but I think he is a big reason has to why their relationship is crap as of now. I never feel like he gives Damon a chance, and that's why he lashes out and behaves childish sometimes.
Personally, I think this was one of the first times any of his behavior for me could be considered 'childish'. To me pushing the fact that you want your brother's girlfriend is more childish acting and something that you know would only cause someone to lash out and that's something Damon's been doing all season. Plus, the whole Andie stuff. I mean at the end of the day they are both to blame for their terrible brother relationship. But it's also something that goes back 150 years so im sure it's a relationship struggle we will see throughout the rest of the show. But we're probably just going to have to agree to disagree
Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Master Fan

Elijah promised to keep Elena safe. he wants to lure Klaus out and kill him, but he doesn't want Elena or her friends to die, so there was never any reason for any of them not to trust him or kill him in the first place. I always thought that was stupid.

as for the boys, Stefan's being the mature responsible one for quite the long time now. i think he was due his outburst. Damon doesn't care about anyone but himself and what HE wants. he wants elena for himself so of course he wants her alive and well. it doesn't change the fact his motives are selfish and he wants to control for his own benefit and pay off. Damon was clearly baiting Stefan to verbally acknowledge his feelings for Elena, by evidence of his 'there it is' response.

I will never understand how Stefan is to blame in any of this. even as early as last episode, he threw Elena at him so he could handle the situation at the dance. if i was Stefan i wouldn't allow Elena ANYWHERE NEAR Damon at this point.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara

Last edited by sunchick116; 04-22-2011 at 10:33 AM
Old 04-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
Damon doesn't care about anyone but himself and what HE wants. he wants elena for himself so of course he wants her alive and well. it doesn't change the fact his motives are selfish and he wants to control for his own benefit and pay off. Damon was clearly baiting Stefan to verbally acknowledge his feelings for Elena, by evidence of his 'there it is' response.
I don't agree with this. If Damon doesn't care about anyone but himself then why does he care about Elena. If he wanted Elena for himself then he wouldn't have compelled her and said that he couldn't be selfish with her when he told her that he loved her. That doesn't make sense. If he wanted her for himself, and if he wanted to be selfish with her, he would've, but he didn't, and he hasn't.

The confrontation between Damon & Stefan has been brewing for a while, it needed to happen, and there it was. It needed to be out there in the open. It might've been known, but it was never said, and the fact that it was said, well, I feel like it was needed. I'm not defending either of them, though. They're both being immature about this whole situation to be perfectly honest. Neither is proving themselves to be the better guy for Elena, they're both treating her like some prize IMO and that is what it's selfish and stupid. In fact, if this keeps up, I can see Elena putting a stop to her relationships with both of them if she takes notice. It's not fair to her, at all.