Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

How come people seem to be more annoyed by Stefan's speech to Damon in this episode than with Damon's speech to Stefan last week?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Because Stefan thinks he's better than his brother and unlike Damon who admits he has his flaws, Stefan doesn't and if he does he makes sure everyone knows it so they feel sorry for him.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:59 AM
New Fan

comment edited by Mod. Please avoid character bashing...

After this episode I don't like Stefan anymore..

Last edited by HappySquared; 04-24-2011 at 03:38 AM
Old 04-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Damon thought he was better than Stefan at protecting Elena though so it's not really Stefan who thinks he's better than Damon. Or it's not a one-sided thing anyway.

And I do like Damon but I just think his flaws are more obvious. He doesn't admit them, unless he's having a one on one with someone under compulsion
Old 04-22-2011, 05:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Consider me officially off the Damon apologist train. He's such a whining baby! For ****s sake, you're a 140-something year old man, can we stop with the damn temper tantrums? I'm sick and tired of Damon being abusive to women. If he's supposed to be a viable love interest for Elena and a character that we are meant to root for there cannot be the lame excuse that he's "selective" about whom he respects. Otherwise, just make him bad and stop trying to convince people there's good in him because I ain't seeing it!

Now for the good:

Stefan on the other hand, rose in my estimation in this episode. He respected Elena's decision that she knew best and let her have control over her own life. VS. that with Damon's smothering love... It's ironic how Damon will do absolutely everything for Elena... except let her have free will!

Elijah is so bad*ss! I love him so much! And yay, I totally called that he and Klaus were brothers and that the Originals were literally a family. Also, the allusions to Elijah/Katherine - hell yeah! I still think that Elijah was in love with the original Petrova though, and he was more fond of Katherine than actually in love with her. I'm totally fine with anything though, because Daniel and Nina have amazing chemistry together! Plus, Elijah and Elena tea party!

Klaus being a hybrid + the fake curse were two twists, I didn't see coming. Two good twists since the curse was always stupid (though poor Tyler, there is no "cure") and an explanation for why Klaus was more powerful. Although, they were still vague about the latter since his werewolf gene was supposedly repressed. Now I'm just hoping both Elijah and Klaus make it into S3 and we get to meet the rest of the family... Should be interesting indeed.

ETA:
Almost forgot but Elena is SO much better without the Salvatores oppressing her every single move! She was independent and fierce! I like Elena so much better with everyone but the Salvatores atm. When she's with Bonnie and Caroline, I love that it's all about friendship and sisterhood. When she's with John there's the antagonistic parental relationship, full of complexities and miscommunication. She actually feels like an 17 year old when she's around these people! And even in the scene with Jenna - just heartbreaking, yet so real.

Last edited by Advo; 04-22-2011 at 05:13 AM
Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice episode.

Oh Damon, you really make it hard for me to love you.
Seriously, he's like a freaking child.
YOUR ELENA OBSESSION IS ANNOYING.

Stefan keeps scoring points.
He let Elena handle things and he was right

I have her respect, you go Stefan

So Elijah loved Katherine, why am I not shocked?

The curse was fake?
To cover up yet another curse

I wanna hug Jenna, poor thing she's so lost and confused.

Damon should really stop using Andie or any other woman as a toy, THEY'RE HUMANS.

I do not fantom what he'd do to Elena in a moment of rage if he dated her

Klaus has his body again. Okay.

Next week looks interesting.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

This is why I love flashback episodes.

"We're with you whatever happens."
icon|Umay
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

All I know is that Damon has been proactively trying to save Elena ALL season and then Stefan just steps in to say "I'll always protect Elena". Really? Elena running around making deals with Original's is NOT safe and while I didn't agree with Damon being aggressive about it, he was right to have his suspicions. They tried to kill Elijah numerous times, they couldn't be sure that Elijah wasn't tricking Elena. I did not agree with Damon's actions but he was at least trying to get something done (protecting Elena) unlike Stefan who just...stood there? I'm sorry but I fail to understand what Stefan is doing to save Elena's ass. Yes she has the right to make her own decisions yada yada yada but we're not talking about just a girl making your average high school decisions. She is dealing with powerful and dangerous vampires and her OWN vampire boyfriend could maybe be useful enough to keep her out of danger? I just don't get it.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen Elena doing a great job of respecting Stefan, and people are in relationships with people they don't respect so I don't think being in a relationship is proof of it. She does things behind his back and doesn't even try to explain what it is she is really up to except for a "this is what I want". That is not respect. That is counting on having enough power over someone to make them do as you wish. And I think it all comes down to her threatening Stefan with breaking up in the lake house as it is from that moment on we saw him show no resistance to Elena and letting her do whatever she wishes. With Damon, she actually tries to explain things and make him see where she is coming from. Because he doesn't just accept everything she does and dares question her judgments and oppose them. It is a fine line between questioning someone's decision and forcing them to do something they do not want and Damon can be forceful (though except for the one time he tried to save Elena from giving herself up to Klaus, I don't remember him being so forceful as to override her wishes) but I'd prefer him and Elena to argue over decisions and try to make each other see one another's view to one of them calling the shots and the other one just being obedient.

As for Elijah. I like the guy and he will probably prove to be trustworthy BUT there are more than enough reasons to doubt him and Elena's decision. Given she:

1) went behind their backs and betrayed their trust to revive a dangerous Original who could easily decide to kill them all
2) The said Original was one they "killed" because he was intending to "sacrifice" her so Klaus would be weaker
3) all her previous deals with the said Original had her agreeing to be sacrificed
4) Elijah killed Trevor tricking Rose about their "deal", tried to trick Elena with his "deal" (she knew what he was up to but he was intending to trick), killed Slater etc - not the most reliable man ever

I don't see why Damon was supposed to be just A-OK with what happened today and just sit back and let Elena do her thing and be glad when Elena showed up in their home with Elijah (having already invited the man into their "safe house" without even asking them about it) and informed them she had made a new deal with Elijah and all were to go ahead with it and now they just needed to apologize to the guy. If I remember right, it was only after Damon refusing to just bow down to Elena she revealed more of their deal and told him she had found "another way", just like they had talked about it in previous day.

Damon needs to learn to control his temper better. I can understand him being furious and leaving the room in anger but I think if he was to be calmer about it and rather ask for more details etc. it would achieve more results and would have been more impressive and wouldn't overshadow how he was right in his worries and mistrust and anger. He is at his best when he doesn't let his emotions guide his actions but lets his cunning and intelligence show through (like when he went to Alaric's apartment and gave Katherine vervain as even if she bails on them once she is out, it is better than having her be at Klaus' call for more info). But then, everyone has moments when they loose their cool.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 04-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry, but why is Stefan supposed to even care about Damon's feelings for HIS girlfriend? Stefan has already gone above and beyond with regards to Damon's feelings for Elena. Hell, he even kind of encourages them in some odd way. I wouldn't be that cool if my sister was in love with my boyfriend.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think respect could also relate to how Stefan also always attempts to help Elena's family and friends (i.e. Caroline and Jenna) whereas if Elena says one thing wrong to Damon and he runs and snaps her brothers neck right in front of her or kills her ex-boyfriend's sister or makes one of her best friends a sex slave, etc etc etc.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how the final three episodes play out.I really don't want to see more Damon/Stefan fighting because i enjoy the brothers banded together but we'll see!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling.For.You (View Post)
Damon thought he was better than Stefan at protecting Elena though so it's not really Stefan who thinks he's better than Damon. Or it's not a one-sided thing anyway.

And I do like Damon but I just think his flaws are more obvious. He doesn't admit them, unless he's having a one on one with someone under compulsion
Stefan knows Damon will do whatever it takes to protect Elena, and what he basically said in his "speech" was that Damon will save Elena, but Stefan will still be the one to gain respect. Stefan was an ass in his speech, whatever anyone says.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

^ yeah, I agree. I love Stefan, but that was a low blow. What really pisses me off is that they're both acting as if Elena is a prize to win, uh stfu. Especially Stefan with his "I'll always protect Elena", that was so towards Damon to rub it in. Yeah, it's your girlfriend, no need to make her involved in your stupid bickering filled with your insecurities. That goes for both of them. ie Damon's "I'll be the one in the end to save her life" yadayadayada, neither of you are proving to be mature

Anyway, I thought this episode was epic. I loved the Katherine flashbacks, but seriously, what's with her and brothers? Good God.

The whole Stefan/Damon bickering at the end was my favorite scene of the ep I think. I LOVED it. As douchey and completely intense as it was, I absolutely loved it. This is only the beginning of the intensity between them, I believe.

Both of them are being immature though...like seriously, just shut up Oh well, whatever. I'll choose to enjoy it rather than to btch about it.

I didn't like how we got basically 0 Bonnie & 0 Jeremy in this ep, and I'm not Bonnie's biggest fan, but the show did feel a bit empty without her.

The same goes for Caroline. Oh...and on my last note...THIS EP WAS THE MOST CONFUSING TVD EP EVER but I loved every second of it. Oh, and Tyler needs to come back.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
I'm sorry, but why is Stefan supposed to even care about Damon's feelings for HIS girlfriend? Stefan has already gone above and beyond with regards to Damon's feelings for Elena. Hell, he even kind of encourages them in some odd way. I wouldn't be that cool if my sister was in love with my boyfriend.
THIS.

Most guys.. well.. I won't even say what would happen if they acted the same way that Damon does.

Stefan should not feel the need to justify himself or his love for HIS GF to his brother.

I'll say this. Damon had it coming.. especially with his comment about if he didn't have Andie.. he would go after Elena. THAT was out of line.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
THIS. I always thought it was weird that he never voiced his frustration or feelings or whatever thoughts he had toward that situation so for me it was nice to finally see that voiced and that he wasn't ok with it. As I know I personally wouldn't be either. It's a messy situation.

I think people are expecting both D and S to be respectful to each other in this situation but it's a MESSY scenario so to me i always thought it was weird that Stefan seemed to walk around ok with everything. So personally it was finally nice to see Damon say what he said about stealing S's girl and not just have Stefan roll his eyes or walk away like he usually does. He probably had enough of it TBH.