Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 09:16 PM
  #76
Fan Forum Hero

 
tragedy's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Ian Somerhalder
 
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 95,178
So I'm still totally confused about the point of the ritual now if it's not to lift a curse. So if I'm understanding right it's only to lift a curse on Klaus & that's it so he can create a new race of Werevamps? Oh Kevin & Julie you never cease to surprise

The parallels being drawn between the brothers & the woman that tore them apart was VERY obvious. So I gathered that Elijah is Stefan & Klaus is Damon. Elijah is more cerebral & calm while Klaus was the loose cannon, rock star bad boy. Weird that they were drawing that comparison since I love Elijah & can take or leave Stefan.

I really feel like Stefan being all zen about Elena going off & risking her life is OOC, especially considering how he used to freak out whenever Damon came w/in breathing distance of her last season. I also felt like he was doing a lot of provoking of Damon in this epi. It seemed so unlike him to keep getting in Damon's face unless we're supposed to see him as threatened I know that two brothers in love w/the same woman can get messy but I hate it when they fight & I think Stefan cut Damon deep when he said basically that Elena doesn't respect him They need to hurry up & hug it out

I just didn't understand the point of Andie being in this episode. She stuck out like a sore thumb the entire time. Although I did laugh at her & Damon at the beginning w/the OTT schmoopyness. It was weird that Stefan knew what Damon was doing to her & basically didn't care, another thing I felt was OOC. I guess we were supposed to see that Andie had fallen for Damon & that's why she wanted to stay & he had to force her to go. Meh. Hope she's gone for good.

Katherine dancing around drunk was hilarious. I felt bad for Jenna realizing she was the last to know. Klaus looked much better w/the short hair. I can already tell I'm going to be in love w/him. So Alaric's body took all that beating & there's not a scratch on him? Alrighty then

All in all decent episode! Damon & Klaus coming face to face in the preview
tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 PM
  #77
I'm a code breaker

 
You can't kill me!'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 111,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
I think he said her respect because right now they're fighting over ways to save Elena. Stefan is allowing her to have a voice and make her own decisions, and basically agreeing to disagree with her, because he respects her enough to do so, while Damon does not. he literally tried to force her to do things she didn't want to do. You don't have to love someone to respect them. if Elena doesn't care what Damon has to say because she doesn't respect him, his efforts are invalid.
I completely agree

Stefan wasn't trying to be romantic then because the scene wasn't about that! It was about Stefan simply saying that he has Elena's respect, nothing more, nothing less.. and it's true. There is no point in saying Elena loves Stefan because everyone knows that she does... everyone can SEE Elena's love for Stefan and if you can't, then you can definitely hear Elena's passionate words when she tells him she loves him.
__________________
"I’ve made some pretty bad choices, but Caleb is not one of them.
He is the one thing in this world that I’m sure of"
|| Hanna Marin Caleb Rivers ||
Magnus Bane/Alec Lightwood || Stiles Stilinski/Malia Tate
Shane McCutcheon/Carmen de la Pica Morales || Alex Manes/Michael Geurin
You can't kill me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:34 PM
  #78
Passionate Fan

 
LiaRaye's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
I think he said her respect because right now they're fighting over ways to save Elena. Stefan is allowing her to have a voice and make her own decisions, and basically agreeing to disagree with her, because he respects her enough to do so, while Damon does not. he literally tried to force her to do things she didn't want to do. You don't have to love someone to respect them. if Elena doesn't care what Damon has to say because she doesn't respect him, his efforts are invalid.
It didn't really make sense in the context of the episode or even the season. Most of the time Elena does her own thing, without asking Damon or Stefan. She didn't consult with Stefan about taking the dagger out of Elijah. And once again, she didn't really take Stefan's opinion into account when he told her she shouldn't go back and meet with Elijah after she checked on Jenna. He even looked reluctant to apologize to Elijah when prompted. Stefan has also been very emotional and upset in the past about Elena's decisions when they did not coincide with his own. In particular at the lakehouse where she wondered with him about their future and he contested angrily that she did not plan on having a future. So, Stefan may have a lot of things Damon doesn't when it comes to Elena, that I will admit... but respect is pretty far down on the list, in my perception. Elena seems to be a free bird
__________________
Then you'd bring me home because we both know what it's like to be alone.
LiaRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:40 PM
  #79
Master Fan

 
sunchick116's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 21,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaRaye (View Post)
It didn't really make sense in the context of the episode or even the season. Most of the time Elena does her own thing, without asking Damon or Stefan. She didn't consult with Stefan about taking the dagger out of Elijah. And once again, she didn't really take Stefan's opinion into account when he told her she shouldn't go back and meet with Elijah after she checked on Jenna. He even looked reluctant to apologize to Elijah when prompted. Stefan has also been very emotional and upset in the past about Elena's decisions when they did not coincide with his own. In particular at the lakehouse where she wondered with him about their future and he contested angrily that she did not plan on having a future. So, Stefan may have a lot of things Damon doesn't when it comes to Elena, that I will admit... but respect is pretty far down on the list, in my perception. Elena seems to be a free bird
but he's never tried to stop her. he doesn't have to like it (and he doesn't) but he doesn't give her ultimatums like she has to him or threaten her like damon has to elena.
__________________
I didn't mean to fall in love with you
And baby there's a name For what you
put me through It isn't love, it's robbery.
I'm sleeping with the ghost of you and me
OutlawQueen
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:46 PM
  #80
Extreme Fan
 
JeRoMe's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,575
So everyone falls in love with the Petrova Doppleganger? LOL.

Awww, Katherine being so poetic, and Elijah and Elena, would he now fall for her? LOL
__________________
happy go lucky
JeRoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 PM
  #81
Passionate Fan

 
LiaRaye's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
but he's never tried to stop her.
Yes, and that exhibits Stefan's respect for Elena. Stefan said he had "her respect" which doesn't make sense because he followed her lead this episode and in previous episodes. He didn't say "Elena has my respect" he said "I have Elena's respect".
__________________
Then you'd bring me home because we both know what it's like to be alone.
LiaRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 PM
  #82
Master Fan

 
sunchick116's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 21,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaRaye (View Post)
Yes, and that exhibits Stefan's respect for Elena. Stefan said he had "her respect" which doesn't make sense because he followed her lead this episode and in previous episodes. He didn't say "Elena has my respect" he said "I have Elena's respect".
It goes hand in hand though. if elena didn't respect him, she wouldn't be with him. but i do see your point this wasn't the best episode to say this in, even if its true.
__________________
I didn't mean to fall in love with you
And baby there's a name For what you
put me through It isn't love, it's robbery.
I'm sleeping with the ghost of you and me
OutlawQueen
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:14 PM
  #83
Fan Forum Hero

 
london grammar's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 61,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
but he's never tried to stop her. he doesn't have to like it (and he doesn't) but he doesn't give her ultimatums like she has to him or threaten her like damon has to elena.
I so agree with this.

And everybody and their mother falling for Katherine is annoying.
__________________


We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
  #84
Master Fan

 
sunchick116's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 21,448
yeah, what's up with everyone and their mother falling for a Petrova? they're not that exciting.
__________________
I didn't mean to fall in love with you
And baby there's a name For what you
put me through It isn't love, it's robbery.
I'm sleeping with the ghost of you and me
OutlawQueen
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 AM
  #85
Loyal Fan
 
jaycee19's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,339
I'll be the first to admit that Damon's actions were pretty immature in this episode and he really needs to get over throwing the temper tantrums but I also have to say that Stefan really pissed me off with that respect line and here's why. Damon is trying his absolute hardest to keep Elena alive. He will do anything, say anything, sacrifice anything so that Elena can go on and live a happy life, with Stefan. In the scene where Damon tells Elena he loves her then compels her to forget he tells her that he knows that he doesn't deserve her and that Stefan does. He's not trying to steal Stefan's girl or sabotage SE, all he wants is for Elena to keep breathing. Yeah he might make some flirtatious comments to Elena but he has the full knowledge he's not going to end up with the girl he loves. What pisses me off is that Stefan knows this and uses it to his advantage. He knows that Damon loves Elena and will do anything and everything to keep her alive even if it means making decisions that could ultimately lead to Elena hating him, so Stefan is just free to sit back and keep his hands clean while Damon is doing all the heavy lifting. It's easy to agree with all of Elena's plans and decisions and be the nice supportive boyfriend and have Elena smile at you when you know the other guy who loves her is willing to take all the hits from her. Stefan knows all of this and instead of being grateful that's Damon's willing to do anything to save Elena, thus allowing Stefan to have a happy life with her, he continuously rubs Damon's face in the fact that Elena doesn't love him back. Now he has to stoop even further and say that she doesn't even respect him either. It was uncalled for and with everything Damon is doing to make sure Stefan gets his happy ending with Elena, it's Stefan who needs to have some respect.

/End rant.
__________________
Sybil & Branson
I don't have a choice, but I still choose you
I'm Jordan
icon: skje
jaycee19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:28 AM
  #86
Supreme Fan

 
semmanclana's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee19 (View Post)
I'll be the first to admit that Damon's actions were pretty immature in this episode and he really needs to get over throwing the temper tantrums but I also have to say that Stefan really pissed me off with that respect line and here's why. Damon is trying his absolute hardest to keep Elena alive. He will do anything, say anything, sacrifice anything so that Elena can go on and live a happy life, with Stefan. In the scene where Damon tells Elena he loves her then compels her to forget he tells her that he knows that he doesn't deserve her and that Stefan does. He's not trying to steal Stefan's girl or sabotage SE, all he wants is for Elena to keep breathing. Yeah he might make some flirtatious comments to Elena but he has the full knowledge he's not going to end up with the girl he loves. What pisses me off is that Stefan knows this and uses it to his advantage. He knows that Damon loves Elena and will do anything and everything to keep her alive even if it means making decisions that could ultimately lead to Elena hating him, so Stefan is just free to sit back and keep his hands clean while Damon is doing all the heavy lifting. It's easy to agree with all of Elena's plans and decisions and be the nice supportive boyfriend and have Elena smile at you when you know the other guy who loves her is willing to take all the hits from her. Stefan knows all of this and instead of being grateful that's Damon's willing to do anything to save Elena, thus allowing Stefan to have a happy life with her, he continuously rubs Damon's face in the fact that Elena doesn't love him back. Now he has to stoop even further and say that she doesn't even respect him either. It was uncalled for and with everything Damon is doing to make sure Stefan gets his happy ending with Elena, it's Stefan who needs to have some respect.

/End rant.
It was uncalled for, when Dmaon threw in Stefan's face how he should be grateful for Andie because shes keeping him from going after what he really wants! Thats what started the argument. Damon behaved like a cocky immature brat! and Stefan threw his cockiness right back at him.

Stefan is not only being a supportive boyfriend but is listening to Elena's ideas to save Bonnie. Damon is just thinking about Elena and not caring about what happens to Bonnie. Stefan wants everyone safe and knows Bonnie dying would kill Elena. .
__________________
" Karen Page "
semmanclana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 AM
  #87
Loyal Fan
 
jaycee19's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,339
Like I said Damon was immature in this episode and Stefan had a right to throw it back at him, but that comment was a low blow and Stefan didn't need to take it there. He flat out said that he's fine with Damon loving Elena as long as he helps keep her safe. In other words as long as it works to Stefan's advantage. He's using Damon's feelings for Elena in order to get what he wants and he knows it.

Stefan wasn't being the supportive boyfriend when Elena was going to give herself up to Klaus to save Bonnie and the rest of her friends. He wasn't supportive when she first made her deal with Elijah. He wasn't supportive he was trying to track down Isobel to get info out of her even when Elena directly asked him not to. Now that Damon is making all the life or death decisions, he doesn't need to antagonize her anymore. He can put his arm around her and say "Yes honey we'll do it your way" while she yells at Damon for making hard decisions trying to save her life.
__________________
Sybil & Branson
I don't have a choice, but I still choose you
I'm Jordan
icon: skje

Last edited by jaycee19; 04-22-2011 at 12:57 AM
jaycee19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:19 AM
  #88
Master Fan

 
Brucas <3's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 13,114
This episode: was okay. I liked the flashbacks. I liked to see human-katherine. She believed in love, and it's crazy to see how far away she is in that belief now..with what everything she's gone through. Katherine has done horrible things, but I do wonder if she really did fall in love with Stefan, she says it but I don't know now. The writers seem to have put a stop to this so-called square

I loved all Elijah/Elena scenes! I can see why Elena would put her faith in him, but how is that the sacrifice ritual can happen without killing the doppleganger?.. I do not want Elena to die, I want to see her as a human as long as possible.

On Damon/Stefan: I felt that this whole episode, Stefan purposely said things to Damon to get him to fight him, after being told off by Damon last episode. Stefan was being childish. I love that Damon didn't let Stefan get to him as much, but Stefan was asking for it when he said the thing about respect. Christie I agree with everything you said bb! How does Stefan even know that Elena respects him,
and not Damon? ...It's weird to make that statement sound like a fact when it's probably just what he thinks..

Stefan really hit Damon below the belt on that one. When Stefan and Damon were human, their father told Damon he didn't respect him either. To hear that from your father and now Stefan saying that Elena doesn't, that's just low for Stefan. It annoyed me, really. I don't like when Stefan/Damon fight, but I'm siding with Damon. I did find it interesting Damon's line "I will choose you" last episode, vs Stefan's "I'll always protect Elena" ... The thing is that I think Damon knows what he has to do in order to protect her whereas Stefan just agrees with Elena, even if it could mean her possibly dying.

Also, it bothers Stefan that Damon's in love with Elena, yet we've seen Damon not act on his feelings for her. It's just Stefan throwing it in his face again. Damon loves her, yes and because he loves her, he's going to do everything he can to protect her. I'm happy that Damon didn't apologize to Elijah (even though I love Elijah ) There was really nothing to apologize for, he wanted to eliminate any danger from Elena, and last we heard, Elijah was going to sacrifice Elena. Until now, we just got news that there is a way to save her, but in that moment, Damon's heart was in the right place.

This episode just really made me lose all respect for Stefan. The way he treats his brother, I can't get over. I'm not excusing Damon for his actions at all, but it didn't make any sense to me why Stefan kept attacking him. Last episode when Elena was inviting them into the house, she knew Stefan would always do what she says, but Damon, she needed an 'okay' from him. Last episode, Damon took matters into his own hands and at the end of the day, he was the one who saved Elena and her friend. So, I think it might be forshadowing that Damon doing what he thinks is right, is probably what's going to keep Elena alive in the end. All Damon wants is for Elena to be alive and happy, even if it isn't with him.

Damon: his character has been growing and changing ever since I can remember. He didn't kill Andie, you can see Damon's panged expression when he realized what he'd done. A vampire's struggle is one of the best things about Damon's character. They take time and make it realistic. (Unlike how the writers dropped Stefan's blood crazed storyline.)

I'll post more later..still processing.

Edit: And, I did not understand how Stefan put Klaric down and kept him down. Makes no sense to me.

Also, I disagree with 'Damon being immature' in this episode. he wasn't immature, he was torn and having to deal with how people see him (especially when he was right in his own way about wanting to keep Elena safe) ...and how he's going to keep her safe with everyone telling him what he's doing is wrong.
__________________
I would have loved you, all my life.
Brucas <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:39 AM
  #89
Dedicated Fan
 
**Anna**'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 755
I'm disappointed that we didn't get enough flashbacks. I mean we didn't even get to see Klaus and katerina interactions.

I'm confused... in the promo there were scenes that we didn't get to see in an episode???? Like Klaus and that chick in night gown. I was really looking to some hotness... now i feel cheated.

I loved that Klaus and Elijah are brothers.
Right now the chances that Elijah will survive the end of the second season are good. Even his brother can't kill him without white oak tree.

I'm not sure i like this whole halfwerewolf/halfvampire thing. Kind of gross.

I really liked how smartly they explained Klaus choice to call himself Klaus instead of Nickolas. His father probably treated him badly after finding out he wasn't his son. I felt bad for him when he said with so much contempt: :"Nickolas is the name my father gave me. Please call me Klaus." Like he wants nothing to do with his father.


The scene between Elijah and Klaus made me want to see whom Klaus loved so long ago.
**Anna** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:11 AM
  #90
Passionate Fan

 
delenalove's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,872
I liked the episode.

What I liked about it:

Damon/Elena
Elijah/Elena
Klaus
Elijah
Elena being independent and not relying on Stefan to be safe

What I didn't like about it:

Stefan once again thinking he's better than everyone and behaving dispicably towards his brother
Damon/Andie ending sequence


So the good outweigh the bad so thumbs up TVD writers!
__________________
Damon'Elena ♥ Jack'Kate ♥ Severus'Lily
Ian Somerhalder / Books / Katy Perry
delenalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST