Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I personally think it was so clear that Damon will try and save everyone that he can. He doesn't WANT anyone to die.

His 'I hope so' to Elena made that clear.

I also think the writers wanted us to see that he HAS come to care about the others. I think we've seen it before with Caroline...and then this ep with Bonnie. He's not super expressive about it. But he DOES care.

What he was saying with the 'I will always choose you' is that at the end of the day, IF it comes down to a choice, and he can't save everyone, Elena is his priority. He is in love with Elena.

I really don't understand why people seem to think he shouldn't feel this way? Why would he save Bonnie, or any of the others over Elena? Ok, she might want to die to save everyone...but her reaction to Damon's words showed that she understood.

For example, Bonnie would let Damon die to save Elena. But Elena has expressed before that she'd also die to save him. So it works the same for all characters
Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
but her reaction to Damon's words showed that she understood.
How is that?? Elena immediately went downstairs and pulled the dagger out of Elijah.. that to me shows me that she will NOT allow anyone (Damon) to sarcrifice her friends for her.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
How is that?? Elena immediately went downstairs and pulled the dagger out of Elijah.. that to me shows me that she will NOT allow anyone (Damon) to sarcrifice her friends for her.
I didn't say that she was going to allow it. Of course she won't. She's Elena, and I love that she took things into her own hands and revived Elijah

But that doesn't mean that she didn't understand where Damon was coming from...

EDIT: Just to clarify, when I said reaction - I didnt mean her reviving Elijah. I meant, her immediate reaction to his words. The faint nod, the smile, and the quiet goodnight.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
this was more so my take at it. I think Elena has felt guilty since the moment she realized all of the loved ones around her are willing to die to save her life, something that she is not willing to let happen which is why i thought at the end she went to get Elijah because she felt he's the only one that could help the situation while also saving her friends.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by attract your dreams ♥ (View Post)
this was more so my take at it. I think Elena has felt guilty since the moment she realized all of the loved ones around her are willing to die to save her life, something that she is not willing to let happen which is why i thought at the end she went to get Elijah because she felt he's the only one that could help the situation while also saving her friends.
Oh, I completely agree with this.

But I still think she understood the point Damon was getting across about his OWN actions.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think the issue is that she agrees with Damon and Bonnie who both have said that they are willing to do whatever it takes to save her life which HAS to be hard to hear because you can't just really be like 'Oh ok, sounds like a plan' And then I felt SOOOO bad for Jeremy because here he has to choose between seeing ANOTHER GF and close friend die or his sister and you can't really choose that without some sense of guilt.

IDK why they haven't thought to bring other witches in on this or to at least ask about the best plan of attack (like Lucy).
Old 04-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I watched this ep, it was amazing
Old 12-29-2016, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I enjoyed this episode.

The DE dance scene was really cute, Elena loves to dance and Damon loves dancing. I loved that in that tiny little moment she was having fun.

MC were cute, it sucks Matt was faking everything. It’s hard to believe he didn’t feel like there was still humanity in her.

SC DANCE SCENE YAY!

Also DB dance which felt odd. But it was still fun to watch.

Bonnie casting a spell to save herself just seemed too easy.

I loved the last DE scene too and that Damon said he would always choose Elena. Don’t care if people didnt like it in regards to Bonnie, it shows to me how much Damon truly loves Elena. And what was with her looking at his bed when she left?
Old 08-29-2019, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really do like the bamon that I can get.