Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Extreme Fan

At the end when Katherine and Elena had that snap finger moment, I could see Katherine saying, "I'm your great great great great great great great great etc, grandmother, show me respect" hahaha (just me ranting)
Old 02-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Great episode. I hate hiautus, I really do!
I love Damon in this episode, he has grown up. The way he reacted when Katherine told him about the deal with John (Jeremy didn't suffer this time around or anyone) he took it like a man, a better man than the premiere. I just wish we atr least have one good scene with Elena, I love he scenes with Katherine but we didn't have any delena scenes and it seems like ages. I hope the writers throw us something after the hiatus.
Alaric, oh Alaric. I love that man. Poor guy and now that Isobel is in town... grrr I can't wait for the next episode!!!!

I brought a review, later I'll bring some more!

Tv Fanatic Review

Quote:
The Vampire Diaries Review: Who Died? Who Returned?
February 24th, 2011 10:03 PM by Matt Richenthal Show: The Vampire Diaries, Tag: The Vampire Diaries Reviews .
This is like a horror movie. - My wife, seconds after jumping approximately six inches off the couch following Jonas' last-breath grab of Bonnie.

It's hard to come up with a better way to describe "The House Guest," as it packed violent deaths, a roaring fire, shocking admissions and a surprise return into just one hour.

Before getting to the return of Isobel, the news that shook Matt to his core and the eulogies for Luka and Jonas, let's start with the most pressing question of all: where will everyone eat in the future?!? Losing the Mystic Falls Grill might affect this town more than the demise of any individual ever could.

The episode wasted no time getting into the action, as we opened on Katherine inside the Salvatore mansion, Damon explaining how she escaped the tomb and Katherine trying to explain why: she wants Klaus dead. She knows what he looks like, she knows where he is, they need her.

Don't you just hate it when black bra-donning, 500-year old, diabolical vampires are right?

Later, of course, we learned a lot more about Katherine's scheming and her true reasoning for sticking around. I had to rewind her rundown of the deal with John to Damon, but as I best understand it:

He showed up at the tomb at the conclusion of "Daddy Issues" and told Katherine he and Isobel wanted the Salvatores out of Elena's life. Katherine could assist. In exchange for helping them kill Elijah, she could save one brother. She chose Stefan. For that reason, Elijah gave Damon the dagger and Katherine never revealed to him the fate that would befall any supernatural who used it.

Conceivably, if Katherine had selected to save Damon, John would have given Stefan the dagger... right? As Katherine herself joked earlier in the episode, likely as a wink to viewers: "So many rules. It's all very confusing." Where is all this going? With Isobel's arrival, it's difficult to say. But one thing is for certain:

Informed that Katherine truly didn't care if he died - nay, actually plotted his death! - it looks like Damon has finally gotten over his centuries-old crush. Way to go, D! Might his feelings for Elena actually dissipate now, though? Originally, at least, they were tied into her resemblance to Katherine.

As for those poor witches... Luka and Jonas were great additions to the show and they left us at the perfect time, in the perfect way: via surprising deaths that will likely play a major role going forward. After all, the Gilbert journals spoke of a witch massacre in Mystic Falls, along with the super power one can derive from a witch burial ground. Or simply the site where a witch died in a violent manner.

Hmmm, what two locations now fit that bill? The Salvatore household and the Gilbert household. Come on in, Klaus, we'd love to show you around! Might those be the words of witch wisdom Jonas imparted to Bonnie? Lure Klaus in, do some serious spelling and take advantage of the way in which he and his son perished. Something to keep our eyes on, fans.

And then we get to Matt. Poor, confused, innocent, would-have-died-if-not-for-the-blood-of-his-vampire-girlfriend, Matt. I loved his reaction to Caroline's revelation, specifically the call back to Vicki. It makes perfect sense he'd be especially sensitive to the whole vampire thing.

It did feel cheap, however, that the show cut away in the middle of this pair's confrontation. Sort of a lame way to create a cliffhanger. Still, better than The Notebook. (Sorry, ladies!)

But that's my only complaint in what was a whirlwind of an episode. The awful news? No new Vampire Diaries until April 7. The silver lining to the news? Plenty of time to discuss whether Matt will come to grips with what he's learned... what the return of Isobel means... where the witch burial ground is located... how the team will kill Klaus. And anything else that is on your mind.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I absolutely loved this episode. It was action packed with so many surprising turns I was lost a few times.

The things I liked most were Elena/Katherine/Stefan/Damon in the mansion. All of them in every form. I absolutely loved how they for once let Elena be a scared, immature and jealous teenager around Katherine. She was giving love advice to her aunt and history teacher (and I adore these relationships), she is dealing with life and violent death, sacrificial suicide to protect her loved ones etc. For once she acted her age.

Katherine and Damon were golden, I love their snark.

Caroline can sing, and Bonnie/Elena fangirling were adorable. I didn't like Matt's attitude at first. He somehow cannot muster to be friendly with Caroline, ever. He was really nice with Elena even after she dumped him, and found a new guy, but with Caroline he can't even tell her hi.

I felt bad for Caroline with Matt freaking out. I understand his reaction, everyone had the same one, except Jeremy. Caroline has been around Stefan and Elena, and she had a weird illusion, that Matt would be like Elena in an instant, accepting and loving. Caroline didn't see Elena freak when she found out. Elena was so supportive of her when she turned, but so I guess she had unrealistic expectations.

Luka and Jonas dying so violently was sad, but in a way when they refused the truce offering they waged war. Luka was smartly considering the truce, and I am sad to see him gone.

Jenna calling herself a parent in a bar chucking down drinks while her kids were around was laughable.

Elena being cool about Jeremy and bonnie was nice, but I still don't care about this couple.

Over all, a really nice episode, with a bit lame cliffhanger.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Elite Fan

Im glad Luka and his dad are dead. They were annoying and I wont miss them. Though I hated how Luka died I have a fear of burning to death. I dont get why Damon and Stefan were being blamed for Lukas death. Its not like Damon could see who he was torching. He did come into their house... I also thought Lukas dad was werid to get his son to do his dirty work. I dont know seemed odd.

Katherine was great. I knew her and Elena switched places.

I feel bad for Damon that no one will ever choose him first. Why does Stefan always get choosen first with Katherine and Elena.

What was the point of Bonnie loosing her powers only to get them back the next ep.

I didnt find the ending very shocking When they had Jenna answer the door in the last min of the show of course it would be the dead wife. I dont know normally this show can shock me but it wasnt shocking.

It was a good ep. but not the best.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."

Last edited by cutie_pie04; 02-25-2011 at 07:01 AM
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Definitely better than the last time TVD went on hiatus this season

All I have to say is:
You go Damon! I was so proud of him when he turned Katherine down. BB has shown some growth
Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I say that I'm so damn happy the witches are dead?

MUMMY IS BACK!

Damon is really growing, when he kicked Kat off the bed

Also she's such a bitch, first she tells him she knew he'd die and she didn't care, then she tells him she has made a deal only about Stefan. Really girl, just keep your mouth shut!

Caroline spilled the beans! And poor Matt is going insane!
Couldn't she just compel him to forget?

Jenna/Rick

I keep confusing Elena/Katherine, please get Kat her curly hair back!

HIATUS FOR MORE THAN A MONTH?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Katherine keeps rubbing salt on his wounds I was so, so proud when he rejected her. That girl has done NOTHING but destroy him. Sure she's fun and everything but she's a HORRIBLE person/vampire and I wish Damon would just stay away from her because he really is becoming so much better
Old 02-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

The Good

Katherine - She is hilarious and fun and sexy and I loved the DK scenes that we got.

Damon rejecting her was well done bb.

Caroline singing Candice has a gorgeous voice.

Bonnie/Jeremy growing on me.
Matt/Caroline he knows!
Jenna/Alaric he loves you woman!

The Bad

Matt nearly dying - show do not do that to me again!
Katherine and her Stefan love - fine, but don't rub it in Damon's face!

The ugly

NO DAMON/ELENA! c'mon now. 3 weeks.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitableღ (View Post)
The Good

Katherine - She is hilarious and fun and sexy and I loved the DK scenes that we got.

Damon rejecting her was well done bb.

Caroline singing Candice has a gorgeous voice.

Bonnie/Jeremy growing on me.
Matt/Caroline he knows!
Jenna/Alaric he loves you woman!

The Bad

Matt nearly dying - show do not do that to me again!
Katherine and her Stefan love - fine, but don't rub it in Damon's face!

The ugly

NO DAMON/ELENA! c'mon now. 3 weeks.
I agree on everything with you ! DK has chemistry (Obviously cause it is Nina & Ian) but it is not Damon&Elena.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Absolute Fan

candice has such a amazing voice.I loved her singing and the song she sang
Also her and matt were pretty cute.I haven't really been feeling them for a while but I couldn't stop smiling when she was signing and when he kissed her and than them making out in the bathroom haha.Also it was nice to see elena/caroline/bonnie hanging out again.We need more of that
And Elena/Bonnie fangirling was adorable
Also Caroline is such a cute badass
But my poor bb can't catch a break.I totaly understand Matt freaking out but I hate that he thinks she has something to do with vicki
I knew something was going to happen to Matt.I just had a feeling but im glad hes ok
And im sure it happened off screen but I wish someone would have mentioned Caroline or called her or something to make sure she was ok.Thats all I kept thinking during that scene

Also Jeremy/Bonnie were adorable.I really like them and its nice that Elena gave her blessing

You are gonna miss me so bad
when im gone,Daryl Dixon

☻Sami
Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

This episode was AMAZING!

Loooved all the Katherine. She's still the HBIC! So happy to see Isobel back too though, they'll be fun together. Loved the DK scenes.

Elena/Katherine were totally messing with my head..Well Kat especially but the whole them looking the exactly same too.

MC MC MC MC MC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They totally slay me. Every scene was amazing. Candice has an awesome voice!!! And yeah I offically cannot get Eternal flame out of my head. Love Caroline's notebook love

I'm so happy that Matt knows. The poor dude though, I feel so bad for him and Caroline. They were SO happy there for that little bit. Their last scene broke my heart in two. I was a mess. I cant rewatch the scene without becoming a mess. I ship these too SO hard right now!
It'll be by your side
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM
New Fan

I didn't like the episode partially cos I am a Delena shipper, however I couldn’t miss that scene . . . . I've seen Damon in the shower, in the tub and now in that huge bed . . . .heheheheh. Please, keep showing us he in his bedroom, preferably with Nina (either K or E).
Old 02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Great episode. Loved the Stelena scene in the beginning. So sweet and hot all rolled up in one.
Matt and Caroline have made me a real fan. I loved them. And also loved the ending, cause its about time Matt knows. His reaction was heartbreaking and u see how much he trully loved his sister.

Jeremy and Bonnie Ahhhhhhh. They are just adorable! Every scene with them makes me smile. But I wonder if Jonas did more than give Bonnie back her powers?

Katherine and Damon r a fun duo. I love Katherine. She's hilarious and a true HBIC. I hate Damon but him and Katherine would be fun together.

I felt bad for Luka. He didn't deserve to go out like that. Something tells me his sister will seek reveange.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't comment on the episode before so I will now. I loved this episode. It was really good and I didn't think there was a boring moment. I could have done without Caroline singing but that's only because I don't like the song, her voice was really good. I do have to say I especially liked that both Stefan and Damon got fooled by Katherine in the beginning. If I was Elena I would have been pissed. Stefan just spent the morning being all kissy faced with her and still didn't know who the fake was. It was funny. Bonnie and Jeremy are fine I'm not bothered by them. I'm so sick of MC, I used to like them but I much prefer TC. Damon and Katherine are very entertaining together, I loved their scenes. I'm gonna miss Jonas, was a badass. Luka, not so much. Last but not least having Isobel back was great. Can't wait to see what she does when the hiatus is over.
icon: skje
Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Well that was... ok. It's a letdown after last weeks excellence. I cared about somethings while other parts I didn't care at all about.

The Luka/Jonah dying thing was tragic. They were as much of a victim to Klaus as Elena currently is. It tore their family apart. Jonah had to watch his son die and then died himself, all while trying to save his daughter. I was sad for their demise. I also was digging Jonas as a big bad. He actually makes witches look... well witchy and scary. He makes them look powerful. Something that Bonnie hasn't accomplished despite her feather floating tricks and magic spell sex face . I was also disgusted by Jeremy's reaction. I assume we're supposed to be see him as overprotective of Bonnie but honestly, he just came across as a massively insensetive douche. Luka was trying to save his sister, something which Jeremy should relate to but he didn't even try and honestly, I think part of his dislike was due to his initial jealousy of Luka/Bonnie's magic connection. Originally I liked the Jeremy/Bonnie pairing and its made me really love Bonnie but now it's making me hate Jeremy. I do think that they're cute but he just always seems like a horny teenager around her.

Caroline/Matt - is it season one again? Every single scene with the two of them is painful. Shut up, both of you. When she got up on stage I absolutley cringed. The singing made it bearable but even at that his butthurt expression through thalf of it just proved how he does not deserve any of her attention. Plus I hate myself for saying this but the fact that this is apparently what she wants, the fact that everytime he says jumps, she says how high - it just makes it harder to feel bad for her because at this stage, she knows what she's getting and she's basically asking for it. I get that he's mad but he was very courteous to Elena after they broke up whereas with Caroline he's just the same as when they were dating, always mad at her.

I did like his final few scenes though. I think his reaction was spot on because no offense to our Caro but I think she came across as a psycho in that bedroom scene . When I put myself in his shoes, I'd be the same. She reminded of Kathy Bates in Misery for a minute . Although as much as he deserves to be angry, I'm still saying shut up Matt. Yes he finally has reason to be legitimately mad at her but after watching him throw hissy fits at her for nearly two consecutive seasons without reason, I don't care. It's just lather, rinse and repeat. Yaay, for the Vicki shout out though.

Loving the Damon/Katherine buzz. I know that he'll probably end up with Elena but damn, they almost seemed shippable in that last scene. I love the back and forth between them.

Jenna has to have figured it out with Isobel arriving (second worst cliffhanger ever), if she hasn't then she really is a moron . I want her to know, her scenes tonight with the girls makes me wonder what she'd be like if she were fully in the know. The I'm a parent line is the funniest line I've heard in forever.

My Tumblr
My Twitter