Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

The lack of DE didnt make the ep. boring It was just not shocking to me in any way. I was expecting some big thing to happen and it was Rose getting bit... It just sucks that they left off at that for a month.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

yeah i personally really enjoyed it . the only disappointment to me was the cliffhanger because it really had nothing to do with the main cast...
Old 12-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, the cliffhanger was sucky...

i love you. ♡
Old 12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As a DE shipper, I have NO problem with this ep not having much DE. I was predicting two DE scenes at the most...so that was not an issue for me at all

First - things I loved.

The whole start with Bonnie and Jeremy working together against Elena was Elena's reaction when she couldn't leave, and Jer's reaction to that

The DEJ scene was DE fun banter. Jer laying on E's lap, E throwing a cushion at Damon and then pushing Jer off her? SO. MUCH. WIN.

TEAM BADASS. Loooooved them teaming up against Jules. Alaric pretending to be drunk and Damon sliding in was very entertaining. And I also loved how Alaric was concerned for Damon's safety

Tyler's transformation was BRILLIANT. The show got it just right with the effects, how much to show...what not to show. TC broke my heart. I was crying. That was all AMAZING.

AND ELIJAH IS MY FAVE THING IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. (After D&E ) I loved all his scenes. And I also LOVED badass Elena coming out to play

Things I did not like.

Bonnie/Luka scenes were utterly forgettable. I actually don't remember what happened.

I'm not an SK shipper. I'm not really bothered that it was a dream, I kinda thought it would be. But I DID think there would be more to Stefan being in the tomb...what was the point? I wouldn't even really say they were mind games IMO. And now he's just out? Too easy.

Rose. Rose. Rose. I just...don't care. I groaned out loud when she appeared because I KNEW she'd get bitten. For a 500 year old vamp...she's soooo whiny. I just don't care about her. I don't see why Damon cares for her particularly either...but whatever.

My main issue is that this is the mid season finale...and THAT was the cliffhanger....what...

This is the first time EVER that I have felt fully disappointed with an ep of this show. I've been disappointed with certain things before...but this was just odd...and after such a strong start.

And I feel bad saying it because MICHAEL TREVINO deserved this ep to be the most epic of epic things
Old 12-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

It wasn't that the episode had no DE I've personally thought the last couple episodes haven't been that great. They've felt filler.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

hi, i'm a newbie here, but i've been lurking on this board for months now. considering this is the last episode of the year, i had to comment. i thought it was okay, not a good or great episode.

i find it interesting now that elijah is teaming up w/elena and such. we'll see how long that last.

seriously, i think jenna needs to hurry up and find out vamps exist so she don't be inviting every single person into their home who can be a threat & kill them.

the bonnie/luka scenes don't interest me and really haven't since the beginning. since elijah is using them, i'll keep an open mind.

i'd have to say i was let down w/the cliffhanger. when jules threatened damon, i knew someone was going to get bit. even though i love damon, i sort of wish he was the one b/c that would've been the cliffhanger for me. so much could've came from that, especially w/elena but, i guess if that'd happened, then it wouldn't have been much of a surprise.

stefan getting out of that tomb was way too soon. almost makes last episode seem pointless. if katherine hadn't played mind games w/him & if they had really gotten together in that tomb that would've been an interesting cliffhanger shown at the end.

Last edited by Sarei; 12-09-2010 at 07:47 PM Reason: more comments
Old 12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
It wasn't that the episode had no DE I've personally thought the last couple episodes haven't been that great. They've felt filler.
Sorry, I definitely did not mean to imply that the episode was boring because there was no DE. But I 100% agree with you that it felt like a filler episode. Which I don't get why, I thought they would have a few cliffhangers and more story lines, other than Jules, to go through for the mid-season finale. I think I'm just confused.

I can't decide if the lack of a cliffhanger (or rather, a good one ) will make the hiatus more bearable or less bearable.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Michael and Candice definitely owned this episode. I was so worried for Caroline during the transformation scenes. BUT it was a bit weird. Mason was just a wolf. Jules, we saw, was just a wolf. But the way those scenes went it felt as if Tyler was a "man wolf", especially the fact he was breaking down that door. I guess it is the first transformation's doing.

I was hoping this would be the episode to get me interested in the werewolf story in general, but it failed miserably in that area. All they get is one single day and a bite that does not instantly kill and may actually be "cured" and all that after one long painful transformation period (granted, the subsequent ones will not be as long but still...). HOW am I supposed to see werewolves as any real threat to vampires? Or be interested in them?

Rose being bitten... Before she bailed out on Damon & Elena last episode we were guessing it would be her who gets bitten as it sounded it was going to be someone related to Damon and she seemed the only one possible. But really, THAT is the cliffhanger? For mid season? It happens that guest characters are so loved one gets invested in their well being but I don't think they have done a good job with Rose to get the audience really feel connected to her. I first liked having her around for a friend for Damon, and still don't mind that, but I also don't really care if she can not be saved. Neither do I see it as that earth-shattering for Damon. Sure, she is a friend and he liked her but at the same time he barely knew her. It seems there is more of a feeling of responsibility and guilt he has towards her being bitten as the werewolf was coming after him... Still, it will be nice watching Damon try to save a "new friend" he made.

But that was nothing compared to seeing Alaric worry about Damon's well being and wanting him to go safety. I miss these two alone. Glad to finally see them working together again. They make for a good team. It is interesting that Damon is a good schemer and does so well in disguising himself as human etc but when it comes to "pretending to be someone's friend" he just can't pull it off. He couldn't fake it with Henry, he couldn't really do so with Jules. (I know she "sniffed him out" but I think he was also being too obvious, especially as the night progressed. He did better when he was flirting or just chatting with her. It may also be because he was getting restless I guess).

For the love of God, let Jenna IN on all this. She will keep inviting any vampire that knocks on their door in as long as she is left in the dark about this. It puts her and them in danger. When she finds out I hope she gets to rant about it a lot and give the whole lot of them the cold shoulder and attitude they so deserve for doing this to her.

I simply adored the Damon-Elena-Jeremy family moment with the teasing and pillow throwing etc. Jeremy appreciates Damon humor. It was also a nice surprise as I wasn't really expecting many DE scenes (TVD never gives us much DE after an episode where there was a lot of DE. It is how they keep things balanced. I'm so used to it by now. ) and I figured they would have "angry" Elena. She was still angry but it was all light-hearted and fun and adorable which was great.

I also liked (and KNEW) Damon would show up at the tomb, checking on Stefan, trying to make things better for him and bring him food. I also knew Stefan would refuse due to Katherine.

Tomb: When Julie Plec tweeted about the scene, I did expect a twist and when the scene came so early in the episode knew it was fake. I guess SK did get some more build-up as Katherine now gave Stefan what he asked, a proof of her genuine love for him. They did get the Isobel tip too but seriously, did they really need Katherine to point them at Isobel?! Did they not go in search of her stuff like on 3rd episode of this season anyway? And I guess he also found out about Elijah being able to compel a vampire. IF he was paying attention to it, that is. So there were little things the tomb worked for but in general it was a left down. I wanted to see Stefan's inner struggle about the past, see him deal with his feelings for Katherine, reflect on his relationship with his brother and the "trust" issue between them. I see it as a great opportunity that has been missed..

Bonnie, oh Bonnie. The moment Luka just accepted your apology for tapping into his energy and almost killing him without even listening to your apology properly and demanding to know why you did it, you should have heard the danger bells ringing. That is NOT normal behavior on the guy's part. Guess she is really feeling lonely and is too thrilled to finally meet someone who she finds attractive and who is also a witch and so she can relate to more. The betrayal will be very heart crushing for her.

So Elijah wants to kill Klaus. No surprises there after last episode. The man is cool and scary though and we know he is not really %100 trustworthy. I don't think he gave Elena the whole truth about his intentions...

I am wondering why Luka's father said "before the full moon is over we need to do one more spell". Full moon has special magical properties? or some connection to them? (IF I heard that right).

Also, knew it was going to be Luka and his father who were going to open the tomb at the end of the episode to release Stefan, upon a deal struck by Elijah.

Which is one of the major reasons why this episode was overall a great let-down. It was all so predictable. From Rose being bitten to Luka & his father releasing Stefan (though I was so wishing it would be a deal struck with Damon. And I wanted to see more of Damon trying to rescue Stefan...) The transformation was cool, as expected, but the werewolves continue to not impress too. And given this is the mid-season "finale" where is the cliffhanger(s)?. Off all the episodes this season so far, this one actually left me the most unexcited about what is to come rest. Elijah pretty much said "I'll keep watch over things, you people just sit around, go about your lives as always, and when Klaus shows up I'll be killing so don't need to worry about that". The werewolves are lame, and wasted their one shot on Rose. So? Certainly no one expects I'll spend the next 7 weeks on the edge of my seat wondering how the "quest to save Rose's life" will end up as it seems the next episode will be focusing on that...
Love crime

LOGH

Last edited by Schumiac; 12-09-2010 at 08:01 PM
Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I just don't think that lack of DE makes the episode boring.
Aurora, since most people had various reasons as to why this episode wasn't their favorite, I'm not sure why you only picked up on that.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 12-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry if that wasn't the case. I've just noticed that everytime an episode is considered as boring it's because of DE not having many scenes. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I got.

i love you. ♡
Old 12-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ummm....what was the point of Stefan getting trapped in the Tomb to begin with?

I love Stefan, he's currently my favorite character on the show and I'm so glad he's out but yeah what was the point.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Total Fan

Well the episode was so-so for me, but that cliffhanger sucked something majorly. I really couldn't believe it when the vd title came up.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

I'm so disappointed.. this was not what i expected for a mid-season finale..

Mmm.. let's start with what i did like..

T/C!! Caroline holding him, and crying for him! And Michael Trevino KILLED me.. he KILLED me!!!

Damon/Elena/Jeremy scene was all kinds of adorbz with the pillow throwing, and Jeremy falling on Elena, and her throwing him off

Alaric/Damon team-up Alaric worried about Damon

and Elena/Elijah!!!! I love how she always compromises with the big-bads

The rest of the ep.. Mmm.. So what was the point of Stefan being in the tomb?

Tyler's transformation, while it broke my heart.. i was expecting him to escape and almost bite Caroline.. or just.. idk i was expecting things to get out of hand..

Rose is just BLAH.. why was a bite SL wasted on her?? I was wishing Damon or Caroline would get bitten, of course i didn't want either of them to die, but that would have been a cliffhanger i'd be interested in

Jenna annoyed me in this ep even though she barely came out idk why

and well the SE reunion was expected..

And Bonnie/Luka was just.. boring..

I was expecting so much.. Boom? lol.. i wanted to be on the edge of my seat this ep, and i wanted to care about the cliffhangers, and i wanted something that would leave me wanting MORE.. but alas, that did not happen.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jenna annoyed me in this ep even though she barely came out idk why
Jenna always annoys me. I don't know why and I feel bad saying it because she's harmless.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Trick~ (View Post)
Well the episode was so-so for me, but that cliffhanger sucked something majorly. I really couldn't believe it when the vd title came up.
Well since I was looking at the time it was so accepted.

I'm curious if the show was suppose to really go on Hiatus after Episode 10 like Season 1 did.