Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon should have allowed Elena to go to Stefan. It's not like she can't get out of the tomb if she wanted, plus she would have Stefan there to protect her from Katherine.
But I guess it's a way to keep Stefan and Elena away from each other for the time being.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Katherine is stronger than Stefan and also, Elena is human... so obviously Katherine is gonna try and feed on her. I didn't see anything wrong with Damon not letting her go in there and it really has nothing to do with the outcome of say SE not having time together. I just think Damon AND Stefan are very protective of her and even Stefan told him to keep her away from there.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Damon should have allowed Elena to go to Stefan. It's not like she can't get out of the tomb if she wanted, plus she would have Stefan there to protect her from Katherine.
But I guess it's a way to keep Stefan and Elena away from each other for the time being.
Not gonna lie I think Katherine would have tried something crazy if Elena was to enter that tomb I just wished she would have been able to seem him at least, I understood Stefan not wanting her to see him cause just like last time Elena would have ran in the tomb on impulse.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

good eppy!

damon & bonnie scenes were small but good.

elijah & katherine are great villians. love kat's line in this eppy.

like that stefan & kat are in the tomb together!things are going to get steamy! bonnie & jeremy scenes were cute too.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

oh yeah, totally forgot to comment on Jeremy/Bonnie. They are really sweet. I love his crush on her and I am totally excited about where this is headed.

Also, maybe I'm a little bit confused, but did it seem like Elijah maybe isn't a villain after all? Maybe I misinterpreted?
Old 12-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Not gonna lie I think Katherine would have tried something crazy if Elena was to enter that tomb I just wished she would have been able to seem him at least, I understood Stefan not wanting her to see him cause just like last time Elena would have ran in the tomb on impulse.
This makes sense. I think both Stefan and Damon knew the consequences of Elena getting near Katherine. It would seem like they are getting into what Katherine would want had Elena walking into that tomb. Katherine is stronger than Damon and he's already feeding on human blood. Meanwhile, Stefan only had small amount of human blood (daily). It'll be reckless had Damon allowed Elena to go there,
Old 12-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Regarding Elena and the suicide mission, I believe that she's just on a downer and felt that there was no other way out. She's right when she says that she never gets to make her own decisions. It's gotten to a stage where she's gone to being central in the loop of the supernatural to being the outsider while everyone close to her plots to save her life and puts themselves at risk for her. I think her jumping to such an unrational conclusion of suicide was a combination of not wanting her family to be hurt and also, feeling like a prisoner in her life.
I agree. I love the fact that she tried to do something by herself. I hate when any character ends up in the victim role and it's good that she stood up for herself and did whatever she wanted. Sometimes it gets annoying that the brothers always tell her what to do.

Quote:
Stefan ran into the tomb to save Elena in the past before so I'm not surprised that he would try to save Jeremy. I don't think that Damon/Elena will ever happen without Stefan betraying Elena in some way. The way she ran straight to the tomb desperate to see him - I could never see her act that way for Damon. The quality of this episode along with the promo for next week has me doubting the writers ability to not throw Stefan under the bus for Damon/Elena to make even an ounce of sense and I think it could be the beginning of the end for the show if they go that route. I hope that I'm wrong on this one.
The minute they threw Stefan under the bus for DE is the moment this show jumps the shark. I think the writers of this show can do better than the cliché storyline about one guy screws up so the other guy can get the girl. When DE happens is going to be a big moment and I think it would be a HUGE mistake if Elena wants to be with Damon because Stefan made some mistake. It would cheapen DE so much. Besides Damon deserves to be truly loved, not loved as a second choice.
Can SE just grow a little bit apart and Elena start falling in love with Damon slowly?
I'm not hardcore SE or DE fan but I care too much about the quality of this show. I'm going to be really pissed if they ruin the long term storyline just to give some fans what they want right now. Trust me, in the future it's going to end up ruining the show. I have seen it too many times happening.

Quote:
The funny thing is that I would take Bonnie/Jeremy or Caroline/Tyler over the main triangle any day yet at times it dictates the show. I know, I know it's what the show is all about .
I think the triangle can get too redundant so it's good that this show has other couples and other triangles. I think it was a really smart move to put other couples in the show and put some effort in develop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
Also, maybe I'm a little bit confused, but did it seem like Elijah maybe isn't a villain after all? Maybe I misinterpreted?
I have been thinking about this. I have a theory. Maybe Elijah knows Klaus too much and he knows what he will be capable of if the curse it's lifted. Maybe Elijah is trying to protect the world from him.

Also it could be that Klaus has something of his and he's going to exchange Elena for it.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
A major contrivance of the episode for me was Damon rushing off to the rescue without telling Stefan. I don't doubt that he would never hesitate to save Elena but I don't for a second believe that he wouldn't tell Stefan what was going on especially when Stefan was a mere three feet away. Considering that they were going facing off against Katherine and the resulting damage, it just felt all the more stupid that Damon would just leave him like that.. and also that Stefan didn't wonder where he was. It was a stupid contrivance that was done to get Damon/Elena together and Stefan into the tomb.

I don't think Damon was being violent, I think that he was just mad at Elena for going rogue. He is in love with her and it obviously bothers him that she would even consider giving in to Klaus. I definetly think that the writers went overboard with incessant bickering and intense staring. I got the impression that the only reason Damon was in anyway ~rough with Elena was to give their fanbase material to swoon over. He's grabbed Caroline in a similar manner before and it played out completely differently because we weren't supposed to get any hidden meaning or tension in it. Maybe I'm wrong but it definetly felt that way.
Stefan ran into the tomb to save Elena in the past before so I'm not surprised that he would try to save Jeremy. I don't think that Damon/Elena will ever happen without Stefan betraying Elena in some way. The way she ran straight to the tomb desperate to see him - I could never see her act that way for Damon. The quality of this episode along with the promo for next week has me doubting the writers ability to not throw Stefan under the bus for Damon/Elena to make even an ounce of sense and I think it could be the beginning of the end for the show if they go that route. I hope that I'm wrong on this one.
ITA.

I particularly agree on SK being a necessary prop up for DE for the simple reason that at this point of the show, Damon had given up on pursuing Elena because he was finally ready to let go his resentment for Stefan, after Stefan had honestly apologized to him for forcing him to turn . There was also the minor element of Damon not feeling like he deserved Elena, but mostly he had chosen to respect the feelings that SE had for each other and to give a second chance to his relationship with his brother.

At the same way, Elena would never pursuit any eventual feelings between her and Damon because she knows how badly it would affect the brothers' already rocky relationship, and because she would feel like she has betrayed every promise she has made to Stefan about her bonding with Damon.

But Stefan does - or if Katherine manipulates DE into thinking Stefan did- something that is perceived as 'a first offense' both Damon and Elena would feel justified into pursuing the attraction between them.

I don't say that punishing Stefan would be the one factor at play, but it would be undeniably a pretty big facilitator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
I also don't think Elena running into the tomb to check on Stefan is a reaction that is specific to Stefan. She would be running there for anyone she loves as it is a part of her own character. I remember when we have seen the promo and that Damon/Elena scene where she was fighting him off to go into the tomb, we were speculating she was trying to go there either because Stefan or Jeremy got stuck in the tomb with Katherine as it could be either (Bonnie was ruled out as she was definitely outside casting the spell). She gets very passionate when something happens to her loved ones, or people she came to care for and she will risk her life for them or run like crazy to check on them to make sure they are OK.
I politely disagree with this, because when Elena ran to Stefan after knowing he was locked in the tomb, I could feel her despair and horror jumping through the screen ... i actually think it was her most intense and genuine emotional reaction in whole the episode because it looked to me like she broke through the shell that the recent event had built around her ... because Stefan was inside the tomb and she was horrified by the possibility he could stay there.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

Last edited by SkySamuelle; 12-04-2010 at 07:58 AM
Old 12-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It make me sad seeing SK called a prop for DE.

If Stefan went off and started making out with any old person, then I would understand it. But this is KATHERINE. The writers have dropped hints throughout the whole show that Stefan has residual feelings there. It's not coming out of nowhere. I personally think the promo is deceptive...but even if SK happens. It has nothing to do with DE. It has everything to do with Stefan, with his character and with his past. I actually think it makes his character more layered and intriguing...so he definitely isn't being thrown under a bus.

The only aspect of it that MAY be linked to DE, is that Katherine will try and play on Stefan's insecurities. We already saw this with her line at the end of the ep. She will make Stefan believe that Damon is gonna immediately start pursuing Elena.

But I really don't see that happening. If SK happens in the next episode...Elena is NOT going to throw herself on Damon. DE are being built back up, they still aren't going to happen for a long time.

I get that people are worried about things...but I really think we shouldn't worry until it happens. And IMO, it won't happen.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

^ I agree with Natalie here, because if SK were just a way to "prop" DE as so many people have been saying, then why was it Stefan who kept Katherine's picture for 150+ years and not Damon? Plus, in this very episode this fact was important when Bonnie asked for something that belongs to Katherine where Damon and Stefan looked at each other knowingly, and Stefan had the picture, the only thing of Katherine's they have ever had, and Stefan had it, not anyone else.

Stefan's character is not thrown under a bus if he acts on some old feelings he has for Katherine, it's the opposite I think, because honestly I just cant see how a supposedly layered cahracter like Stefan, Damon, Katherine and others on this show be so "perfect", not straying one little bit. Stefan LOVED Katherine, compulsion or not, he actually DID love her, and I think the writers are trying to show us that he has some residual feelings for her.

For me, at least, it's clear that anything happening between Stefan and Katherine wont be just a "prop" for DE, because whether SK will hapen or not, DE is one half of the main triangle of this show, and it would have happened this way or another way, so SK is a REAL storyline for Stefan and Katherine - not a breathing-hole for Damon and Elena. And if you know Elena, she wont use this Stefan-free period to get closer to Damon. If Damon and Elena get closer, it will be because Damon will be spending more time with her, protecting her.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyfreds (View Post)
It make me sad seeing SK called a prop for DE.

If Stefan went off and started making out with any old person, then I would understand it. But this is KATHERINE. The writers have dropped hints throughout the whole show that Stefan has residual feelings there. It's not coming out of nowhere. I personally think the promo is deceptive...but even if SK happens. It has nothing to do with DE. It has everything to do with Stefan, with his character and with his past. I actually think it makes his character more layered and intriguing...so he definitely isn't being thrown under a bus.
While I do think that the promo is deceptive and that the making out sequence is probably a fantasy or a dream sequence Katherine plants inside Stefan's mind, saying that SK might serve as a strategic prop up for DE is not saying that SK is ONLY a prop.

If and whenever SK happens, it will be motivated by many factors that will include probably Stefan's agesold denial about the sincerity of his past love for her and his coming to terms with the betrayak he has felt over Katherine compelling his acceptance.

There's a huge lot of unresolved issues between Stefan and Katherine, just waiting to be explored... but Stefan being Stefan would not probably work them out unless he was forced too, just like right now Elena's loyalty to Stefan is too strong to allow her to indulge in Damon guiltlessly.

Personally I think that creating this situation in first place was a pretty smart move on the writing team part.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 12-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Few thoughts:

I do not think that SK is a plot device for DE because i think there needs to be closure on the SK front really for Stefan just to move on from all of that. because i did notice in the episode that when Stefan went to get the picture Damon looked pretty shocked that he still had it, which means that something is still there probably since we have never really gotten an answer yet on why he had it all of those years. does that mean stefan is in love with katherine? in my opinion, no not all. but he does have some type of feeling toward her that needs to be aired out.

BUT i think he was and i think Katherine situation reminds me of his blood situation. stefan tried to not drink blood at ALL instead of just facing up to his nature and trying to sort it all out. and the same with Kat-he tried for over 100 years to deny his feelings for Katherine but yet something was still there unresolved.

also, i will say that Elena running to Stefan in the tomb that yes, she would be hurt and would run to the tomb if any one close to her was stuck, but IMO her feelings toward Stefan are a lot more intense and different than other characters on the show so i do think her reaction and her connection to getting him out are a bit stronger. but again thats just my opinion.

The one triangle i dont know what to think about is the Tyler/Caro/Matt one because since they got together during the first season I was in love with Matt/Caro and the idea of them being together but right now I know how much Tyler needs Caroline and how close they are getting. and right now i feel bad for Matt because while Tyler and Caro are bonding over being supernatural, to Matt, seeing Tyler at Caro's place more so looks like they might be hooking up because it came out of nowhere and it was late at night and Tyler is a teenage boy . but at this point im not sure who i want more together--caro with matt or tyler so im interested in seeing how the writers play it all out.

Bonnie and Jeremy: I flove them and just like tyler and caroline, i think right now they need each other and i think they are great together and im glad that Jeremy not only admitted his feelings but also didnt let her get away with just saying that they were one-sided. the almost kiss

Alaric: are they even filling him in on what is going on? i realllly want him to join in on the craziness and even have Isobel come back(because where did she go) but i am glad that him and Jenna are having fun because, lets be honest, they are the Caroline of S2--something light and fresh to keep the viewers from not going insane with depression
Old 12-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVVJ08 (View Post)
Few thoughts:

I do not think that SK is a plot device for DE because i think there needs to be closure on the SK front really for Stefan just to move on from all of that. because i did notice in the episode that when Stefan went to get the picture Damon looked pretty shocked that he still had it, which means that something is still there probably since we have never really gotten an answer yet on why he had it all of those years. does that mean stefan is in love with katherine? in my opinion, no not all. but he does have some type of feeling toward her that needs to be aired out.

BUT i think he was and i think Katherine situation reminds me of his blood situation. stefan tried to not drink blood at ALL instead of just facing up to his nature and trying to sort it all out. and the same with Kat-he tried for over 100 years to deny his feelings for Katherine but yet something was still there unresolved.:
Beautifully said- I also remember Paul stating something simliar in an interview, about like Katherine was to Stefan the classic old girlfriend you loved a lot and you understand why she was wrong for you but you still have a lot of anger and betrayal to air out.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I may not ship Damon/Katherine but I never denied they had a relationship. The same applies for Stefan/Katherine. I may not ship them, but I can see the relationship is still there. The boys' relationship to Katherine plays a major role in the entire series and in their relationship to Elena and I don't see it as something that can be disregarded as a prop. It is what started it all. Katherine was special. They loved her so much, it ended up tearing them apart and they are still suffering because of it and trying to find their way back to one another. They loved her so much, even after 145 years and even though knowing FULL well she was no angel and how she has ruined their lives, they both could not really move on from her and still harbored feelings for her. I think that is SUCH a crucial point - the hold she had over them. I mean, Damon's description of Katherine to Elena in Episode 3 revelaed he did NOT see Katherine as an angel (how could he, he knew she was sleeping with Stefan and had fooled him into thinking it would be just the two of them where as she was also planning on turning Stefan) and yet he couldn't help but still love her. It took him realizing she never ever really loved him to make him get rid of any residual feelings he may have had for her and get to hate her. Stefan knows she compelled him into drinking his blood, cost him his brother and all that AND he thought she was dead. And yet, instead of moving on and trying to "live" his undead life with some girl worthy of his affections he was still mourning her and hung up on her and it took her look-a-like for him to really give a new relationship a try.

The only difference between Damon and Stefan and their relationship to Katherine seems to be the fact Stefan has been in denial about his own residual feelings over Katherine and her hold over him and liked to project it all on Damon -like how he assumed Damon would hesitate to kill Katherine just like he did-. Damon burned and suffered in a major way to finally wake up from his Katherine dream for once and all and have her hold over him completely removed. Something major has to happen to Stefan now if he is to be able to really close the "Katherine" chapter of his life and reach a point where she no longer manages to get under his skin. Damon proved how over Katherine he really was when he didn't even blink when trying to stake her and closed that tomb on her. Him dealing with his feelings regarding Katherine and getting his closure was such a growth for him. The same is required for Stefan IMO.

SK is all about Stefan and his own past and feelings and character. Him being in the tomb will lead to Damon and Elena maybe spending an episode together without Stefan around but really, there are other ways to achieve that if that was the goal, the writers do NOT need Stefan in a tomb to keep him away from Elena for one episode. SE have already broken up sometime ago due to their own problems and have not been spending much time together as just the two of them. And even when they were together Elena could end up spending almost an entire episode with Damon. That is never a problem. I think writers needed Stefan stuck in the tomb with Katherine so that he can NOT run-away from his feelings and his "Katherine" problem anymore and has to face it head-on. He can't hide, he can't run. He is forced to deal with Katherine now.

Quote:
I politely disagree with this, because when Elena ran to Stefan after knowing he was locked in the tomb, I could feel her despair and horror jumping through the screen ... i actually think it was her most intense and genuine emotional reaction in whole the episode because it looked to me like she broke through the shell that the recent event had built around her ... because Stefan was inside the tomb and she was horrified by the possibility he could stay there.
Just to clarify, I didn't say there was no emotion in that scene. I was saying her showing that kind of emotion and reaction is not something specific that happens when only Stefan is concerned but is something she does when anything bad happens to someone she loves. If it was Jeremy stuck in that tomb she would be running with as much emotion and urgency there as she would for Stefan. If Damon or Matt or person X was the man she was in love with at the moment and something bad has happened to them, she would again be showing as much emotion and care.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 12-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)

If Damon or Matt or person X was the man she was in love with at the moment and something bad has happened to them, she would again be showing as much emotion and care.

I had actually understood that you meant that. We'll agree on disagreeing, just because I feel that putting it like that diminishes Elena's feelings for Stefan.

Last edited by SkySamuelle; 12-04-2010 at 09:56 AM