Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Black_Betty Promos that had been shown on television are okay to discuss. No need to use the spoiler tags.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
I wanted Elena to crush Damon's nuts in this episode. I get him not wanting her to sacrifice herself, but manhandling her was something else entirely. Shove it, Edward.

Why didn't Bonnie just use the aneurysm thing on Katherine in her weakened state? Or a combo of ashes + aneurysm + Alaric THE VAMPIRE SLAYER + magical ring? Their plan was stupid. Because even if they broke the curse they still ave to deal with a very pissed off Klaus. Stefan and Damon combined couldn't even drop Katherine.

I don't know if we're allowed to discuss the promos in here so I'll spoiler tag it just in case:

Spoiler:
That doesn't work on Katherine, Bonnie tried it in the first episode.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

It doesn't work on a Katherine who has been feeding nonstop for centuries. But on a Katherine who's been starving in a tomb and can barely walk? Stefan was able to manhandle her; last time she kicked his ass.

Quote:
Black_Betty Promos that had been shown on television are okay to discuss.
Phew! Cool
Old 12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Total Fan

Welcome back VD, you've been missed! I really, really enjoyed that episode.

- I can't say that I care a whole lot about the werewolf storyline but man do I feel bad for Tyler and what he's about to go through! He looks completely terrified and I just wanted to give him a big hug. At least Caroline is there to give him support. So maybe I do care a little about what happens to him. Hee. On that note, I don't really have a shipping preference, but I agree with whoever said that Caroline is just so shippable and has chemistry with everyone. Her with Tyler or Matt wouldn't be so bad.

- Still don't feel the Bonnie and Jeremy and don't think I ever will.

- I'm so intrigued by what is going on with Elijah and why he left Elena alone and wants her safe. I mean wth was that?!

- D and E made my head explode in a wonderful way. Can't wait to see more of it!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tyler/Caro/Matt that's all i have to say about this episode
Old 12-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh my gosh. DE gets me every time. They were SO good this episode. And so intense. I love that she looked down at his lips when he leaned toward her after she tried to punch him. She totes thought he was going to kiss her for a second. And she said "everyone I love." They are so on their way, and I'm loving every single second of it. <333333333

And Elena's knowing look when Damon said, "If I had a dollar for every time some evil vampire surprised me," absolutely killed me.

Katherine/Stefan eavesdropping was also amazing. Katherine was just like, "Whatevs, I'mma play with my hurr and give Stefan sex!eyes." I love Katherine so much.
I'VE BEEN SPEAKING GUNS AND KN
IVES, TRYING HARD
to save a girl
Old 12-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Mmm.. the ep as a whole kinda sorta bored me... I loved the DE/TC i got and the little Katherine we got.. but idk, i wasn't too engaged..

but...

ELENA! ELENA!! ELENA

Feisty/Fierce/a-little-crazy Elena is my fave I've got mad love for her regardless, but i love when they let her shine this way the most Obvs i hated her plan cuz i love her too much, but i love that she was so hellbent on protecting everyone!! And Damon trying to snap her out of it anyway he could

they're both soooo soooo stubborn, i LOVE it

I love T/C too!! i can't help it.. i felt sooo bad for Tyler, but i looovee Caroline helping him anyway she can i wanted another T/C hug

On a very, very shallow note.. Jeremy looked soooo good this ep!!!!!

and my fave line of the ep has to be Damon telling Kat he'd rather poke his eyes out, and Kat telling him he's got such pretty eyes

I'm really intrigued by Elijah wanting to protect Elena..

Luka, his dad, and Rose(specially Rose) can leave anytime now though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
And suicide would actually be the smartest move for Elena to make. Just saying.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode did feel a little odd, but it wasn't a bad episode either.

I loved the Jeremy/Bonnie scenes. They have such good chemistry! them! I also loved the Stefan scenes. The concern he had for Bonnie and the way he just went in to save Jeremy. I'm actually excited that he is trapped in the tomb, but at the same time I was thinking "No!" I know weird. Stefan wasn't in the episode enough though. I can't wait until next week! Stefan/Katherine! !

I understood why everyone did what they did - Elena, Bonnie, Jeremy, and Stefan.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

It wasnt a bad episode, but it was a bit fillerish. I still loved it though.

So happy to see Stefan in that tomb!

DE were amazing. Love that Damon protected her again. <3 I can feel the vibes getting intense now. Somethings going down in that finale.

I still cant get into Jeremy/Bonnie or Tyler/Caroline. SIGH. I was hoping I would. But I just dont feel it. However, they were both cute tonight.

MATT AND CAROLINE. poor guy. felt for him. and I want them back, they were adorable.

and NEXT WEEK. SK SEX.

I thought it was a bit odd that SE didnt get any scenes though. Like, why didnt he come out and talk to her in the tomb, IDGI.

Also, Elena was a BAMF tonight. Just saying.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode! Like almost every episode of TVD
DE... no words
Their scenes are so hot and so intense... perfect
I really loved that Elena seemed so attracted to Damon. She cannot hide it any more
And as I mentioned Elena.... ELENA! A shout out to my favorite, strong girl. I adore her!
As for Elijah the only explanation I have is that the moonstone and Elena (as the Doppelganger) have much more power than we know. So maybe he wants this power for himself
Maybe you can rule the world or something . I dont know, but Its a theory

Last edited by niadk; 12-03-2010 at 04:34 AM
Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Passionate Fan

LOVED this episode. Everything I want is happening
Old 12-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Passionate Fan

I really, really enjoyed the episode!!

I still don't really see anything between Bonnie and Jeremy, BUT I will graciously admit that I enjoyed Bonnie this episode. I enjoyed her excitement at seeing that she could channel someone else's power; it reminded me of the scene early on where she made tje feathers fly around Elena's room to show her what she could do. I wish she would make the connection between her magic being Not All Bad and vampires being Not All Bad, but hey, progress. And my heart just broke for Jeremy. The boy needs a girl who isn't going to shoot him down and isn't going to promptly die. I still miss Anna.

I ship Caroline with basically everyone, which is difficult for my brain to handle, but I continue to love her character. Obviously it is in everyone's best interest that Tyler not be left to transform on his own and wreak havoc all over Mystic Falls, but I feel like Caroline is genuinely concerned for him and doesn't want him to be alone. But then poor Matt! I really wish they'd tell him what's going on, but I do get that there really ought to be SOME people left in town who don't know about the supernatural stuff.

I would love to see more Alaric and Jenna! But I'm happy they're happy. And their scene with Elena made me LOL.

I'm not sure what the heck is going on with Elijah. I think he said that they wanted her safe for now, so my only wildly blind assumption here is that he somehow sensed the lengths to which Elena is willing to go to protect her friends and family, and he knows that a dead Elena does him no good? So knowing that Damon and Stefan have her back would be helpful there. But that is pure wild speculation, and I have no idea how Elijah would have deduced that.

I am so glad that Elena came up with a plan of her own and tried her best to get it done, but I am so very glad that Damon showed up to stop her. Elena is 100% correct in that if she's not around, then there'd be no reason for Klaus to come after her friends and family. But that goes both ways, and there's no way that Stefan or Damon or Jeremy or anyone, really, want to live in an Elena-less Mystic Falls. I think that if Damon had not been there when he arrived, Elijah would have taken Elena and locked her up somewhere and then everyone else would be in MORE danger because they'd have to go rescue her. But I'm still glad Elena tried, I loved that she showed initiative and that she isn't going to sit idly by and let Stefan and Damon and Alaric make all her decisions for her.

I don't think that Damon was too rough with her. Had it been Stefan who came to get her, I think he may have reacted in exactly the same way. Damon may tend towards meanness and snippiness, but I don't believe for a moment that he would ever, ever hurt anyone he cared about like that, especially Elena. He is probably absolutely terrified at the prospect of losing her forever (in the physical, dead sense, not like that scene they had on the porch awhile back ) and he really did to get her out of that house and then keep her out of that tomb, and I think Stefan would have agreed there. It's no secret that I ship DE, but after reading all the comments here, I did take a step back and look at their interactions objectively, and I do agree that yes, to the uninformed viewer flipping channels and stumbling upon the the CW, it may have seemed that a man was being slightly rough with a girl. But things aren't black and white here, and we aren't uninformed viewers, and at the end of the day Damon was doing everything in his power to keep her alive.

♥jacki
twitter|tumblr|lj|icon by native_spirit
Old 12-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great post Jacki

I don't think Damon was too rough with her either They are stubborn, fiery individuals. Damon isn't stupid. He knew that trying to talk her round softly wasnt going to work, considering the mood that she was in. So he was very firm. But I'm pretty sure Elena wouldn't stand for him hurting her...she wouldn't have been thanking him and talking to him in a (relatively) friendly manner on the porch later if he had hurt her.

So yeah, he was firm with her. In the tomb scene too. He used enough force to let her know that he wasn't messing around. That to HIM her life was NOT up for negotiation. But the idea that he was 'violent' is kinda laughable to me. This was life or death.

ELENA GILBERT I just adore her. Again Jacki, ITA with you. I'm glad Damon went after her and stopped her. But I totally get what Elena was doing, and I admire her bravery so much. She was choosing the people she loved over herself and THAT is what distinguishes her from Katherine IMO. (Among some other things).

They are all stuck in a horrible situation. Elena is willing to die to protect them. They are willing to die to protect her. But none of them are willing to let the other make the sacrifice. Nobody is right or wrong IMO.

Jer was awesome in this ep! I was worried from spoilers that I read that he was going to be totally reckless. But he had a plan, and it almost paid off. And he DID get them the moonstone.

I LOVE Jeremy/Bonnie. I know they are a divisive pairing and I expected to hate them when I first heard they were going to happen. But I adore them. Glad they didn't kiss tonight. Bonnie has to work this out in her head first. She's fighting it but it won't be long.

Alaric/Jenna/Elena scene at the start was AMAZING. Need more Alaric

I don't care much for Rose at all. She was growing on me in this ep though...until she ran Alice can disappear now.

ELIJAH IS A BAMF AND I LOVE HIM FOREVER AND EVER. So intrigued by what is going on with him and Jonas

SK in the promo. I'm not a huge SK fan or anything but I am looking forward to seeing them stuck together. Stefan needs to accept a few things I feel Personally, I'm wary about the scenes in the promo. I don't think they'd spoil it outright like that if there wasn't a twist...we'll see....

AMAZING EPISODE
Old 12-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Total Fan

It's sign of a really epic show when one can sit and enjoy spectacularly an episode focused on couples that one genuinely doesn't like.
While I don't ship DE and Bonnie/Jeremy, I found all their scenes truly amazing. I admit that if there was ever a moment perfect to bring DE on the road, this is and i give the writers my blessing to go there this season - even if I ship SE to death, i'll understand how and why DE happened and without any character assassination or cheapening the relationship between Damon/Stefan and SE.

B/J could have used more buildup, because even if their last scene was breathtaking and i felt their chemistry for the first time, i still don't understand how it's happened, with Jeremy previously so absorbed by Anna and Vicky and mild suicidal urges. Anyway, I now officially like BJ as much I do LB so i can say i'll enjoy this triangle enourmously however it plays.

I really liked the team work between Bonnie/Stefan/Damon in this episode, and I wished Elena was been a part of that instead of going solo and displaying attitude. I mean, I understand Elena's emotional reaction to her situation,RATIONALLY but I can't bring myself to fully appreciate it.

And on KS, I'll just tell I'm uberexcited for Stefan sharing a closeted space with his personal devil- i think it's exactly what he needed in a sense, to make a peace with his Katherine-issues... and since i ship KS a little, i'mm hoping something to happen between them.

I'M truly proud of being a TVD watcher today- i rated this episode a full 9 on 10.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 12-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Total Fan

urgh, double post, sorry!
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."