Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVVJ08 (View Post)
Alaric: are they even filling him in on what is going on? i realllly want him to join in on the craziness and even have Isobel come back(because where did she go) but i am glad that him and Jenna are having fun because, lets be honest, they are the Caroline of S2--something light and fresh to keep the viewers from not going insane with depression
I agree. I think it's nice to have some normal aspect in this show and some people who are truly happy.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl (View Post)
I agree. I think it's nice to have some normal aspect in this show and some people who are truly happy.

it does wonders to balance out the rest of the drama.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 12-04-2010, 10:15 AM
New Fan

Okay, there's a lot of talk about the SK/DE angles. I must admit I, too, was confused by the promo - the SK makeout scene I never saw in the actual show. But I think Elena is right in making her own decisions, but it cannot be helped that Damon and Stefan would do everything they can to protect her. I mean - Stefan and Damon are vampires - they can defend themselves more than she ever can. And sneaking around with Rose to meet Klaus was not a very good plan. How can Elena expect to get killed without Damon or Stefan never knowing? If she was never going to see the people she loves again because she's going on a suicide mission, I think she'd want to say her goodbyes and at least explain why she's doing it.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If she was never going to see the people she loves again because she's going on a suicide mission, I think she'd want to say her goodbyes and at least explain why she's doing it.
while i was watching the show, this was the first thing i was thinking because she literally said 'good bye' to no one which im sure she wasnt thinking about at the moment but that would be more heartbreaking than anything to everyone she cares about.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnetsixtynine (View Post)
sneaking around with Rose to meet Klaus was not a very good plan.
It was a horrible plan. Klaus, at the moment, had no idea where she was (as far as she was concerned Elijah was dead, Rose was with them and Klaus had not found her yet!). By contacting him, she was helping him out to not just find HER but also putting Tyler and Caroline and Bonnie in even more danger by bringing Klaus close to where they lived and kind of tipping him off on their existence. Damon and Stefan had the right idea. Doing whatever they could to make the curse "useless" ASAP and then trying to find out some way to deal with Klaus before he showed up in MF at some point. They didn't know how much time they had so there was an urgency but at least they had SOME time. If Damon & Elijah was not there to "undo" Elena's plan they would have had no time left...

She couldn't say goodbye to anyone. She is on a suicide mission. Trying to say goodbye to anyone would tip them off as to what she is doing and make them stop her. She didn't want that. She even told Damon what was stupid was not her plan but that she got caught.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyfreds (View Post)
It make me sad seeing SK called a prop for DE.

If Stefan went off and started making out with any old person, then I would understand it. But this is KATHERINE. The writers have dropped hints throughout the whole show that Stefan has residual feelings there. It's not coming out of nowhere. I personally think the promo is deceptive...but even if SK happens. It has nothing to do with DE. It has everything to do with Stefan, with his character and with his past. I actually think it makes his character more layered and intriguing...so he definitely isn't being thrown under a bus.

The only aspect of it that MAY be linked to DE, is that Katherine will try and play on Stefan's insecurities. We already saw this with her line at the end of the ep. She will make Stefan believe that Damon is gonna immediately start pursuing Elena.

But I really don't see that happening. If SK happens in the next episode...Elena is NOT going to throw herself on Damon. DE are being built back up, they still aren't going to happen for a long time.

I get that people are worried about things...but I really think we shouldn't worry until it happens. And IMO, it won't happen.
i totally agree with this there is nothing more i hate than a couple being a prop for another and i totally dont see SK as one. If anything, in the early part of the show, I thought DES were all props for SKD [and im pretty certain thats not true anymore]. I said this just to prove how strong of a connection these boys had for Katherine. She isnt a random girl, she is Katherine. The root of everything on this show. SK had a great love at some point and its obvious Katherine is till in love with him whereas Stefan has been fighting them since the moment she came back. In fact, the reason he decided to get to know Elena in the first place was because of how much she looked like Katherine. Did we all forget this? Of course real feelings are involved, but i wouldnt dismiss his feelings for katherine either.
A prop is more like Rose/Damon. THAT'S a prop for DE and as much as i dislike props, it didnt really affect much and DR aren't even serious so its cool.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

I don't believe Stefan ever loved Katherine and he even said so himself the only reason he kept her picture was because he thought she was dead (which i've always said) so yeah it would be out of character for him to hook up with her, at least for me.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 12-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Just because Stefan said it, doesn't make it so. I also don't think it's OOC because he technically isn't doing anything wrong. I would agree it is OOC if he and Elena were still a couple, but since they aren't, I think it's okay.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:06 PM
New Fan

I'm loving the Caroline/Tyler pairing so much! Thought this was an amazing episode for Damon/Elena scenes.

Check out the latest episode recap for The Vampire Diaries, posted here

Hope you like it!!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Memory Lane made it pretty clear that Stefan DID love Katherine. I kinda felt like that was the whole point of that episode...he didn't say the words out loud, but when Katherine said 'I never compelled your love, it was real and so was mine.' His silence pretty much showed he accepted that fact.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyfreds (View Post)
I think Memory Lane made it pretty clear that Stefan DID love Katherine. I kinda felt like that was the whole point of that episode...he didn't say the words out loud, but when Katherine said 'I never compelled your love, it was real and so was mine.' His silence pretty much showed he accepted that fact.

I remember how he was sitting on the floor, or pained and kind of helpless, not able to "deny" it anymore. It was sad. For a moment one had a sense of how much he had loved her as a 17 years old innocent boy, how she was his first love ever and he just couldn't get her out of his heart even if his mind kept telling him to do it. "I was compelled" was what he always clinged to, and told others but facing her he couldn't hid behind that... It was sad....

... and interesting. That is why I am excited for him ending up in the tomb with Katherine and being forced to talk with her and deal with her again. He will be out probably by the end of the episode and DE will spend that time trying to get him out so I don't see him being stuck in the tomb being something that will have much affect on DE -they'll just continue on their normal pace- but it will give us an opportunity to see more of Stefan's personality. He is so guarded and controlled and concentrated on being proper and doing the right thing most of the time, but around Katherine he seems more relaxed and being stuck in a tomb with Katherine with a possibility he may never get out will make those guards go down more IMO.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

i agree about that. i remember that scene too and thinking ugh, why couldn't he be compelled [i used to HATE katherine]. but it was heartbreaking because he convinced himself that none of it was real only to find out that it all was.
I think my problems with stefan were that he seemed to me too one dimensional, but not anymore. He is being written as more of a complex character recently and that is why i have actually grown to love him. in the early series, i didnt really like TVD because it reminded me too much of Twilight. I felt he was too similar to Edward [who im not all that impressed by], i felt elena was bland, kind of like bella and i just despised damon for being so ruthless. But then their characters changed a little bit and i saw a whole new side to them. they had complex layers to them and slowly but surely, they started peeling these layers off. Damon was the first IMO which is why I am so in love with his character. The first sign of humanity was the moment I knew I no longer hated him. The first sign of imperfection was the moment I no longer compared Stefan to Edward. Not gonna lie, I still have to work a little bit on my feelings towards Elena, although I like her a lot more than I did in the start of the series [I like her, I just don't LOVE her].
So basically, Stefan's flashbacks and Stefan's story with his brother and Katherine are basically what changed my whole perspective of him. Him and Elena remind me too much of Edward/Bella and it was all just too much for me in the books and I know, it sucks that I compare the two, but i can't help it. I definitely didnt seek to do it, it just happened. so i dont logically think they are bad together, i just dont like them together [if that makes any sense].
Old 12-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Touldengal: I had the same problem comparing Edward/Bella to Stefan/Elena.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am curious about one thing. Before this, whenever we saw Stefan's picture of Katherine, it seemed very much to be PAPER. But the one that got burned was tintype. I joked in another forum that maybe this one was a 2nd picture that Stefan kept - the "paper" one we keep seeing inside the journal could be one given to him by Katherine so "his" all along (like they went to get that picture and when it was processed he got the paper one!) and the tintype is a second picture that belonged to Katherine specifically which he was hiding in a very special corner all this time... And some people think it may actually be the case. As the picture that was burned does not look like the ones we kept seeing around...Maybe it had a "paper" cover around it (with her name and the date written on it) and when that is taken off that is the picture we are left it but why would Stefan bring it there without that piece too? Bonnie could remove the "paper" covering if it is unnecessary. It would have made it much certain that "the picture" is finally being burned rather than cause question marks and open up the possibility of there being 2 pictures, not one . Did someone in the prob department screw up and loose the "paper" covering of that picture?

In any case, I am glad we found out about where THAT picture (whether it is original or a second one) came from. Stefan said he found it among Katherine's belongings AFTER her death -meaning, he actually went searching something of Katherine's AFTER he has become a vampire and had his memories back. So I don't think he was "hating" her the moment his memories returned, he still continued to care -to the point wanting to get his hands on something of hers to hold on to.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 12-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

So after watching the episode, I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't a terrible episode, but alot of it was really boring.

The Good

I'm starting to feel the Bonnie/Jeremy love, even though I still think their relationship is kind of random. They have a really cute chemistry.

Stefan running in to save Jeremy was just Of course it isn't surprising that he would do that, but it still is pretty incredible considering the consequences that being locked in that tomb could present. It was totally impulsive, but still a beautiful sacrifice. He didn't think twice.

Alaric and Jenna were pretty funny. If you're going to have a pointless couple like that on a show, at least make their scenes entertaining. The writers did a good job with that this episode.

The Bad

The MCT triangle has the shape of something that might become annoying. I really love Caroline as a character and it just sucks that she's stuck having scenes with Matt and Tyler. I'm just not a fan of those two for whatever reason. Tyler's wolf problem is pretty sad though. It makes me feel for Mason a little bit more even though he's dead lol

Not enough Katherine.

The Elena/Rose scenes were just...eh. I could have done without them.

Damon manhandling Elena wasn't very fun to watch either. Elena and her dramatic martyrdom used to annoy me, now I've come to accept it and even admire it. I understand that Damon and Stefan love her or whatever, but the whole "we know what's best for you" thing is getting annoying. Damon forcefully grabbed Elena like three times in the episode and it just didn't sit right with me.

The Shocking

That promo! Wow! Paul and Nina are just seriously too hot for tv. Damn. I don't know what to make of SK at this point but I just don't know if I can believe that they are about to get busy in a tomb. He's called her a liar, a manipulative bitch, etc. etc. I know they're trying to play the "hate is the beginning of love" thing but idk. It's obvious that he doesn't have closure with Katherine but it's one thing to not have closure, it's another thing for him to forget who Katherine is. I guess a makeout session wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility, but sex and or a relationship with Katherine would not make sense. However, at this point I'm just going to enjoy the Paul/Nina SK sexiness because just a few seconds of them in that promo lets you know that they can heat it up. I'm also hoping that DE don't annoy me next episode with their "manhandle the martyr" routine. Hopefully Damon can find other ways to keep Elena from visiting Stefan in the tomb. But I love how insistent Elena is being about wanting to see him/get him out of there.