Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I don't get the problem with CT? How did he treat her badly this ep? He knew she was supernatural. And he can't control his strength. And she owned him repeatedly.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. I did not appreciate him getting physical with her. It's alright to be scared, it's not alright to attack the girl.
Exactly. He can't treat people like that just because he's dealing with something.

Tyler didn't know she was supernatural when he roughly grabbed her wrist and wouldn't let her go. And even after he figured out that she was super strong, he still didn't KNOW anything. He could have hurt her, he had no idea of her limits.

And just because they are both supernatural, it doesn't make it okay for him to treat her like that IMO. It was still wrong. He can't bully people into doing what he wants all the time. That isn't how life works.

And I don't see how her "owning" him has anything to do with it. If someone tries to hurt you but you prevent them from doing so, it doesn't make them trying to hurt you any less terrible.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's unfair to jump all over Tyler (not endorsing abuse in any way) but like Caroline said, his emotions were heightened - just like hers were when she first turned but she had Stefan to help her through them.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

i think this was the worse ep of the season. it was just painfully boring. the only enjoyable things were the tyler/caroline scenes and the damon/stefan brotherly stuff. but the last few scenes with damon?
wow writers. what have you done to this character. when will he ever get his balls back
i lol'd at the whole ~love proclamation but any time tv writers have a character say "i dont deserve you" to someone else it just has fail written all over it. can't get anymore pathetic than that. it was cringeworthy. damon deserves better
Old 11-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

I'm not creating a discussion about who is or isn't the best brother because everyone is entitled to have an opinion and that's it

I really liked that Stefan apologized to Damon for what he did because selfishness doesn't even get close to describe it. Maybe that's one of the reasons why he became a
Spoiler:
and is such a martyr... cursing your brother for eternity is something huge. I could name few things worse than it (if any). I just feel it was briefly addressed and not played as intense as SE break up for example (btw are they back together? I don't know what that hug meant and then Damon said that Stefan was supposed to be with Elena and Jer).
I care much more about DS than SE (oops that's a lie bc I don't care about them at all) and DE because while the triangle is great and all and we're supposed to pick a side and go for it, the brothers relationship means much more to me. I don't feel the heart of this show is who Elena will be with but how Damon and Stefan will progress to be what they were before Katherine and even further. Of course I'm a girl and I like to be romance-d so I care a lot about DE but DS is much deeper.
I love Damon's character more than any other I loved on TV and I think the brothers balance each other, instead of Elena balancing any of them.
That's why I wanted more of DS tonight because the episode would fit it perfectly but DE scene was more intense
but I'm waiting patiently for my big DS scene and I guess the only reason why it wasn't today was because Stefan was the one opening up. He's the good guy (supposedly) so having him telling that doesn't make it as big as when Damon will finally have a heart to heart with his little brother.
x

Last edited by naturellebella; 11-04-2010 at 06:54 PM Reason: spoiler
Old 11-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it's unfair to jump all over Tyler (not endorsing abuse in any way) but like Caroline said, his emotions were heightened - just like hers were when she first turned but she had Stefan to help her through them.
But he's always been violent. Even with Vicky he was overly rough at times. This isn't just his emotions being all over the map. This is his personality.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ian Somerhalder, god that man can act like nobodies business.

AMAZING episode
nadia/100k at Dianna|
Old 11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Katie- (View Post)
I think it's unfair because he can't go physical on her but I didn't see anyone saying anything when she was going all physical on him... nobody is supposed to hurt anyone physically, the deal works both ways, not only in favor of women...

Also, the guy has a 'disease' (like Stefan fans like to explain his problem with blood and I guess it's fitting on both cases) that makes him an anger guy. That's BEYOND control especially for someone that's learning about it now. It's not like he has centuries (or even years) of practice on how to control his anger. It's very easy to judge someone like we please and ignore where they're coming from or even worse who they are.
That said, I don't even like his character for totally different reasons, one of them being the lack of character development he had on season 1 (felt the same way about Caroline and still do about Matt). They've showed too little of him for me to get attached or interested but now they're giving him time and I think his reactions are totally understandable so I might like him more in the future but his scenes with Caroline at her house today were just amazing.
x
Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

It's being made like Tyler PURPOSEFULLY tried to hurt her. I didn't see that. I saw him grab her to stop leaving him, and his stregth grabbing her too hard.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tyler always has shades of violence to his personality. He needs to handle that before he gets into a relationship.

And where the heck is Jenna? Will she ever be in the know? And Bonnie's non-existent dad that she mentioned tonight?
Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

i like that we got some more exposition into Bonnie's family.

And I'm really interested in Stefan's past tbh. A bit more than I am inn Katherine's.

Last edited by HappySquared; 11-04-2010 at 08:04 PM
Old 11-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

so we also find out that the Originals - or vampires in general - were behind Elena's parents death as Elijah mentions that it was possible for her to be alive as they've made sure of it with the accident. nice piece threw in the mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
i like that we got some more exposition into Bonnie's family.

And I'm really interested in Stefan's past tbh. A bit more than I am inn Katherine's.
am I wrong or the only person who mentioned it today was Damon to Stefan? Rose didn't mention any of it to Elena, did she?
x

Last edited by HappySquared; 11-04-2010 at 08:04 PM
Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
I don't get the problem with CT? How did he treat her badly this ep? He knew she was supernatural. And he can't control his strength. And she owned him repeatedly.
Have to agree with Jackie on this one.

It's not an excuse, but Tyler was going out of his mind and couldn't control anything...and the one person who obviously knows something is lying to his face? I can't say that I wouldn't do the same thing. This isn't a male versus female thing. They're both supernatural beings now. Yeah Tyler might not have exactly known, but he sensed something was different about her. The boy is broken and wound up and going through a hard time. I'm not gonna judge him. Caroline killed people when she first changed and is obviously more adjusted now. Now it's Tyler's turn. He's even more overly aggressive.

I mean Damon snaps Jeremy's neck and has killed how many, Caroline's killed, Stefan's killed and these are innocent people...Tyler has only killed someone by accident and he gets a little rough with Caroline and it's like let's sound the alarm bells?! Boy just turned into a werewolf...he's going through an adjustment period. It's not like he was a Carebear before either and now he has all this extra rage/energy/anger/whatever. It's gonna be channeled somewhere...and Caroline can take it. She's powerful in her own right.

This isn't going to be some fluffy tale. They're supernatural beings. And on this show, supernatural beings relate to each other in heightened ways. And like I said, it's not male versus female. I think trying to label it that way is a mistake. They're equals. Imagine if it was the other way around. I doubt there'd be the same objection.

So, I'm definitely going to give Tyler the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it's unfair because he can't go physical on her but I didn't see anyone saying anything when she was going all physical on him... nobody is supposed to hurt anyone physically, the deal works both ways, not only in favor of women...
Of course it works both ways.

But the fact of the matter is, Tyler because physical with Caroline as a reaction to her not giving him the answers that he wanted. He is like a child throwing a fit.

Caroline became physical after being physically threatened. Not only didn't he use physical force, but he did so when her back was turned and when she was in the middle of laughing. Both times she was acting in self defense.

There is a big difference between getting physical when you don't get what you want, and getting physical when you feel threatened. A big difference.

Quote:
They're both supernatural beings now. Yeah Tyler might not have exactly known, but he sensed something was different about her.
He sensed something? That's a terrible excuse. What if his "senses" were wrong. And I don't care if they are both supernatural. I don't think Damon and Stefan should go around slamming each other into walls either, especially just because one isn't giving the other the answers they want.

Quote:
I mean Damon snaps Jeremy's neck and has killed how many, Caroline's killed, Stefan's killed and these are innocent people...Tyler has only killed someone by accident and he gets a little rough with Caroline and it's like let's sound the alarm bells?!
And I have never excuse Damon, Caroline or Stefan for their actions. But I also don't go around saying that it's sweet when Damon snaps peoples necks or that it was hot when Caroline accidentilly bit Matt. My biggest problem with the CT scenes is that they are trying to make it seem all hot and intense when they fight. Violence isn't cute. And I think it is especially important for Caroline's character (who has been hurt my men in the past) to not go down that road.

Quote:
and Caroline can take it. She's powerful in her own right.
She can take it? So it's okay. No. That's not even close to a good reason for him to treat her that way.

Quote:
This isn't going to be some fluffy tale. They're supernatural beings. And on this show, supernatural beings relate to each other in heightened ways. And like I said, it's not male versus female. I think trying to label it that way is a mistake. They're equals. Imagine if it was the other way around. I doubt there'd be the same objection.
It doesn't need to be fluffy. But the show also doesn't need to make violence seem like some foreplay. And there certainly would be objections on my part if it were the other way around.

Last edited by DiBye23; 11-04-2010 at 06:58 PM
Old 11-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

for those who might be interested I posted the extended promo in the S&S thread of Ian's board as we can only post the television one here
x