Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
Its still misdirected anger IMO. not even Katherine blames Stefan for what happened. you should never have to regret going to a parent for everything. everyone talks about Damon having trust issues, but what about Stefan who doesn't ever tell anyone anything for fear of what they'll do? shame on his father for instilling that fear in him that no one will ever love him for who he is and he always to put on a good face. every time stefan has trusted him, it backfired on him: his father, damon, elena and katherine.
We cant be sure what exactly has happened in the past between Damon and Stefan since we get the story from different POV and we cannot be sure.
During 1st season though Stefan never trusted Damon (Damon had trusted him that he could help him open the tomb and Stefan betrayed him).

As for Elena... I dont understand why you mention her. When did she betrayed his trust??? Stefan lied to her on several occasions (like when he was drinking human blood). But Elena had never lied to him or betrayed his trust

Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niadk (View Post)
We cant be sure what exactly has happened in the past between Damon and Stefan since we get the story from different POV and we cannot be sure.
During 1st season though Stefan never trusted Damon (Damon had trusted him that he could help him open the tomb and Stefan betrayed him).

As for Elena... I dont understand why you mention her. When did she betrayed his trust??? Stefan lied to her on several occasions (like when he was drinking human blood). But Elena had never lied to him or betrayed his trust
Its not that she betrayed his trust, but he learned from his father to never trust people because their reactions can't be expected. he didn't tell elena about his being a vampire because he didn't want her to freak. when she finds out what does she do? FREAK. he didn't tell her about looking like Katherine because he didn't want her to freak. what does she do? FREAK. people need to stop proving him right.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wouldn't you be shocked if your boyfriend turned out to be a vampire who had a girlfriend that looked exactly like you? Come on now, Elena's reactions were justified.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

not really. but I'm not easily fazed.

And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
JohnSara
Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
Its still misdirected anger IMO. not even Katherine blames Stefan for what happened. you should never have to regret going to a parent for everything. everyone talks about Damon having trust issues, but what about Stefan who doesn't ever tell anyone anything for fear of what they'll do? shame on his father for instilling that fear in him that no one will ever love him for who he is and he always to put on a good face. every time stefan has trusted him, it backfired on him: his father, damon, elena and katherine.
No you shouldn't have to regret going to your parents about anything as THEY shouldn't make you regret it, but at the same time at 17 you should also know you do NOT need to go to your parents for everything...

Damon blamed Stefan for going to their father despite what Stefan has PROMISED DAMON and thus making him lose Katherine.

The promise was not made to Katherine so it is not HER trust that is broken.

Besides Katherine is the most deceitful manipulative being we have met so far and she had this whole secret plan working behind their back, she is hardly in a position to whine about anyone betraying her trust. She DID say "Stefan" almost ruined her plans, though, because being vervained because of Stefan was a kink into her plans. But she really can't take much issue with it as the boys did NOT know about her plans or anything...

I think Stefan's insecurities regarding no one loving him just because he is a vampire has a lot to do with himself and how he sees vampirism. For him vampires are lower creatures than humans and he was shown to have no qualm about torturing them and killing them -was even going to mass murder the tomb vampires himself. So it is not surprising that even when someone knows about his vampirism and accepted him as such (like Elena did) he felt uneasy and ashamed to show his vampire face (she had to encourage him, tell him it was OK.). I think part of the problem has to do with his past which we are all left in the dark about. He does seem to be very ashamed of it, so it was probably very bad (and what little we saw also suggests this as he seemed to have no control and was kind of beastial) - to the point at some point he had to go "I need to change" as it just was too much.

Elena actually figured out what he was on her own, had difficulty believing it so went to confront him which was a great moment for her and very brave. When she got her conformation, yes, she freaked out a bit and needed some time alone. Stefan using her vamp powers to stop her from leaving at that point probably did NOT help calm her down. Neither did him coming into her room uninvited, again using his vamp powers, when she obviously wanted to be left alone and had a moment to herself. She had just found out her boyfriend was actually not only undead! but a bloodsucking vicious creature that one only sees in the movies and reads about, who are known to be evil and prey on human beings. It is scary. A sudden display of vamp powers as Stefan would just not leave her alone is even scarier. I think given everything, she handled it very well and her "if you mean me no harm, leave" line is another great moment. She didn't hate on him, she didn't rat him out, she didn't try to "kill" him or anything. She just needed some time alone to register it all and deal with it and come next morning she was talking to him like a regular human being and her main issue seemed to be the fact that he had been lying to her and has left her friend to Damon's mercy when he knew what was going on. Which she had EVERY right to be angry about. I don't know how many people would be Ok with having a vampire boyfriend and by proxy his vampire brother in their lives... The reason Elena first broke up with Stefan was not so much because he was a vampire, btw, but because with him came a lot of hardships and mayhem and death and Elena had started dating him to be able to have some sort of normalcy and go back to "living" her life rather than being stuck in her parents' death...

The same with her finding out about Katherine. It had nothing to do with Stefan being a vampire but everything to do with finding out Stefan's famous "ex" whose photo he could not even part with actually looked EXACTLY like her and that she was "targeted" by Stefan because of that. It is icky by anyone's standards and Stefan, keeping it all a secret AGAIN did not help his cause.
Love crime

LOGH

Last edited by Schumiac; 10-04-2010 at 05:55 PM
Old 10-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

well its not icky by my standards and if you don't prove any threat to me (which stefan never did) why are you snooping around like Elena did at the beginning of last season? its like she was LOOKING for a reason to sabotage her relationship with him.

whatever. water under the bridge at this point. my original point was merely I miss Book Elena at times like this. THAT Elena was truly fearless.

JohnSara
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Snooping around? She just happened to find the pic as it was laying around. She was just moving around the room looking at things, not going through drawers searching for something suspect... I don't think she was expected to just lay in the bed and look at the ceiling not gazing at anything else the whole time? People do look around a room they are in, if not anything to pass the time, look at the paintings on the walls, some decoration that interest them, the carpet... It's just natural, IMO. And I think it is perfectly Ok for her to ask her new boyfriend who is in many ways a complete stranger to her who just walked into her life questions to get to know him better for that matter... I don't see it as wanting to sabotage a relationship but rather make it stronger, and move it forward by getting to know one another even better...

But now that you mention it, one could say Stefan left that picture laying around (despite people -Damon, Lexi, Uncle Zach- kept drawing his attention to it!) because deep inside, subconsciously he wanted to sabotage the relationship by having her find it as who he really wants is Katherine, not Elena. Would fit well with how he went "She is not Katherine" when Damon was asking him about whether being around Elena made him feel human, made him feel alive. Katherine was not at all mentioned, and Damon was talking about his need to feel "human" and yet Stefan's answer was "She is not Katherine". It was one of the first things that made me believe he was not really being honest even to himself regarding Katherine and at that point he had a momentary slip where we got to see how Katherine is very much at the front of his mind at all times and he is comparing her to Elena automatically. And given how "alive" Stefan seems to be around Katherine, I think he WAS -subconsciously- answering Damon's question "does she make you feel alive?" for real. No, Elena doesn't really make him alive, not like Katherine does... I think there IS a reason the picture and how Stefan just does NOT get rid of it keeps being pointed at by everyone within the show... "Katherine's pic" almost had more scenes than some cast members! Katherine is not really wrong to question it herself...
Love crime

LOGH

Last edited by Schumiac; 10-04-2010 at 08:59 PM
Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

he thought she was dead. I wouldn't throw out the picture of someone i thought was dead. It doesn't matter how much I hated them in life. I guess I just don't put as much thought into as everyone else. its JUST A PICTURE. maybe I'm not as emotional as most people but whatever. moving on.

JohnSara
Old 10-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ oww a lto of good comments the pic thing i think its a memory not surre if Stefan wants it to remeber her for love or for the pain she cause him , his brother adn his life style. With the idea that Stefan still love Katrine on some leveel him adn Damon will alwasy love her she was i think thier first love its weird u'll think when on brother has teh girl teh other would back off . Katrine isn't Elena i think thats why for awhiel Stefan didn't face her i think on some level he thought she was Katrien playing a trick but as he said he fell in love with Elena soul teh kind hearted girl that she is who didn't use poweres aganst him,

i don't knwo if its because she human making him human i think its the fact that she cares for him adn his bro adn didn;t leave when he told her who he was or what he was
Old 10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Addicted Fan

This was definitely my least favourite episode so far this season.

The good:

* Stefan's dream was all kinds of hot with Damon&Elena acting all lovey dovey and all.

* Overall, still loving the Damon/Elena interaction. They're slowly winning me over. Love that she doesn't forgive him easily. He has to work for it. As it should be considering what he did.

* Finally an Elena/Katherine meeting. Awesomeness. It played out really well.

* Yay for K fooling Stefan all along. Nice move HBIC of Mystic Falls. (But for some reason you seem really hung up on that dude...)

The bad:

* The Stefan/Katherine interaction would be so much more interesting if he was shown to be at least a bit attracted/drawn to her.

* Stefan/Elena fake fighting....

* Honestly, sometimes I think they should just rename this show "Everybody Loves Stefan". The women are certainly pining for him, lol.

Overall a pretty okay ep, but not much actually happened which is a bit unusual for TVD.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I missed Kat and the SK scene at the beginning was awesome. I love that we got to see a little taste of DE if just in a dream sequence.

Lots of info was thrown at us this episode which dragged a little but Katherine just made it that much better. I love that Katherine asked Stefan why she kept the photo of her. <3 Stefan kissing her and then staking her, YES. And the way Katherine was looking at him… yeah she definitely felt something there. I felt horrible for Damon being compelled in the flashback to leave but I do truly believe that she loved Stefan. The way she looked in the flashback after he looked at her.

I love that Alaric called Damon buddy! Gosh they are cute. Damon’s antics in the episode were fun, if not stupid, going after Mason like that. The “lone wolf” and “ladykiller” line was awesome. I felt bad for Mason, genuinely. He was telling Damon there was no beef between them and the Stefan thing was an accident. I wanted to believe him.

The voiceover at the end of Stefan saying Kat was incapable of love and then we see Katherine kiss Stefan in the flashback. AWWW. That was a great moment. That + the song just made that scene so amazing.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I adore stefan with the women.