Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Who said she was setting out to change him?

I agree what she did was wrong but then again it's not like she set it out to change by hurting him; she just lost it and went into some sort of trance. Thank god Elena was there to pull her out it.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I think Damon was legit being an insensitive assclown about the guy who died, I don't think he was hiding any deep emotions about it. And even if Katherine had never shown up, I think he still would have not given a crap about that guy, because that's who he is. Damon does not care about your average person who gets killed by a vampire, whether by him or someone else. He just doesn't. That's not who he is. And it was too much for Bonnie in that moment- she'd had a flirtation with this guy a couple hours prior, he was dead in front of her because he'd been killed by her best friend who was turned into a vampire, and Damon was acting like it was something to crack jokes about.
I guess you were talking about that moment alone. I was talking about in general, about Damon hurting. Again, Damon's difference with humans (like Bonnie) is his nature, the vampirism. He can switch being an assclown to caring. So yeah, if you were saying that he's being an assclown at that moment, I'd give you that. What I was saying was there's a reason on why he acts like that and it's not because he's just simply an assclown

Quote:
Which is why Damon is so interesting and funny. He's not going to have your everyday, average human emotions...
I agree.

Quote:
There are better ways to go about changing someone and trust me, setting Damon on fire is not going to change him one bit. It physically hurts but by the time he was home, he was back to usual.
Damon didn't live hundred years for nothing. I'm sure there'll be plenty of Damon and Bonnie banters in the future episodes.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Who said she was setting out to change him?
Taking him down a few pegs would change him, right? It would essentially bring him down, make him feel...less of himself or something of that nature. He didn't give that off in his later scene. Cristofle said that Bonnie "took him down a few pegs", I don't agree.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Taking him down a few pegs would change him, right? It would essentially bring him down, make him feel...less of himself or something of that nature. He didn't give that off in his later scene. Cristofle said that Bonnie "took him down a few pegs", I don't agree.
Yes.

But again; Bonnie wasn't actually doing that to teach him a lesson, yeah sure she said 'i told you what would happens if someone got hurt' like she warned him but really the act was nothing more than Bonnie lashing out at the wrong person with all these emoitions; guilt (for her part in caro's change), pain and loss. It was wrong, yes, but i get why she lost it. I think this was her breaking point and i hope from this she can be happy again with all this rage solved. I hope.

Quote:
I'm sure there'll be plenty of Damon and Bonnie banters in the future episodes.
for Bamon banter!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Total Fan

I don't think what Bonnie did was wrong She was hurt and upset and she lashed out at the 'ass' who was making jokes about the death of a human. I believe Bonnie knows exactly her part in Caroline becoming a vampire and I believe she feels incredibly guilty. If Damon can get away with acting a certain way because he is a vamp, then Bonnie has every right to act out emotionally after a very bad day for her because that is a human emotion
Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

In that moment, he was screaming like a little girl. Which was a far cry from his generally arrogant and obnoxious behavior in the rest of the episode. Taking him down a few pegs isn't some permanent, long-lasting change. It usually only lasts for that moment. But I needed it, because I have never just flat-out not enjoyed Damon and wanted him off my screen with the exception of a couple scenes like I did in the last episode. I needed a change from how he was with Jeremy, how he was about Caroline, how he was about that kid he ultimately shipped off to his death with his carelessness. Screaming like a little girl works for me.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany45 (View Post)
I don't think what Bonnie did was wrong She was hurt and upset and she lashed out at the 'ass' who was making jokes about the death of a human. I believe Bonnie knows exactly her part in Caroline becoming a vampire and I believe she feels incredibly guilty. If Damon can get away with acting a certain way because he is a vamp, then Bonnie has every right to act out emotionally after a very bad day for her because that is a human emotion
This is what I mentioned earlier. Though, I still think it's wrong and it's a little too self righteous, but same goes with Damon, what he did before were wrong, too.

ETA:
Quote:
how he was about that kid he ultimately shipped off to his death with his carelessness.
It was his idea, yes but even Stefan agreed to it indirectly. So it wasn't mainly Damon's fault, isn't it? There's nothing I could think of except the word 'shared responsibility.'

Last edited by HappySquared; 09-19-2010 at 07:55 PM
Old 09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I just can't bring myself to feel like Damon is above a few doses of pyro punishment, lol. After all the crap he's pulled. after all he's done that has directly hurt Bonnie. If it were anyone else, I might feel more like she was wrong, but Damon? Eh. He earned it. He more than earned it.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, I understand. Just like what I mentioned before, it depends on what glass we are looking through.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Though, I still think it's wrong and it's a little too self righteous, but same goes with Damon, what he did before were wrong, too.
Wrong? Yes Self righteous? Um how, she didn't look at all like she was doing right. She looked a mess tbh.

Quote:
Eh. He earned it. He more than earned it.
Yes he has done wrong but in this instance he actually didn't. Bonnie warned him if he spilled so much as single drop of innocent blood; well he didn't and not only that he wasn't soley responsible for caro turning. So no he didn't deserve it.

i think that scene just goes to show how alike these two are. I love them both individually and i try to look at what they do from their POVs.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTown89 (View Post)
Wrong? Yes Self righteous? Um how, she didn't look at all like she was doing right. She looked a mess tbh.
The difference between her words vs. her reaction after Elena told her why she doesn't want Damon dead. Self righteous in a way on how she took it all on Damon when she knew for fact that she's part of it. It's self righteous for me.
Quote:

Yes he has done wrong but in this instance he actually didn't. Bonnie warned him if he [I]spilled so much as single drop of innocent blood[/I]; well he didn't and not only that he wasn't soley responsible for caro turning. So no he didn't deserve it.
That line was the reason why I said it's self righteousness.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That line was the reason why I said it's self righteousness.
So wanting to protect people equals selfrightousness. Hmm. Who knew?

Quote:
The difference between her words vs. her reaction after Elena told her why she doesn't want Damon dead. Self righteous in a way on how she took it all on Damon when she knew for fact that she's part of it. It's self righteous for me.
Well she looked dazed in that scene. I don't think was coherent and i get why she said those things. Yes again wrong but i get it

Old 09-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Loyal Fan

I wonder if Bonnie setting Damon on fire would have worked better if her powers would have just exploded. The way the show set it up made it seem like Bonnie was in complete control from giving Damon a vamp migraine, letting the gas out, and then setting the gas on fire. She knew what she was doing every step of the way. Bonnie was feeling vengeful, sad, guilty and self-loathing in the scene so why not have her powers just explode due to her extreme emotional state. You still get to have Damon on fire, but maybe have Elena get thrown into something due to the power of Bonnie's magic. Seeing Elena mildly hurt would make her gain control of her powers. It could parallel the scene with Stefan teaching Caroline how to control herself. Both Bonnie and Caroline were feeling extreme emotions and they both could learn about emotional control. I just think the scene would have been more powerful for Bonnie if she just snapped due the enormous strain she has been under.
" “Darling, I don't want you; I've got no place for you; I only want what you give. I don't want the whole of anyone.... What you want is the whole of me-isn't it, isn't it?-and the whole of me isn't there for anybody. In that full sense you want me I don't exist.”.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTown89 (View Post)
So wanting to protect people equals selfrightousness. Hmm. Who knew?
Please do not take it all out in one context. The line in itself is wanting to protect people, yes but what I was saying is that she uttered those lines saying Damon directly was at fault for the dead guy when in fact she knew that she has somehow took part in what had happened to Caroline. That's where the self righteousness comes in.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl (View Post)
Thanks for info. I can't believe he becomes a vampire in the books.

I have read a lot of stuff about the books and it seems there's little explanation about a lot of things.
He doesn't turn into a vampire... He's a werewolf. But the werewolf gene is dormant until it's "activated" or something and it gets activated by drinking human blood. Being a werewolf is not a sweet, nice thing in the books...

I think what Cristofle meant with "taking him down a peg" was that Damon didn't expect her to actually do it. I don't think anybody did. He didn't think she'd ever attack him and if she did that she wouldn't be strong enough to hurt him even remotely. Her almost killing him proved him wrong, thus "taking him down a peg", making him realize Bonnie as the force she is (and not just a little butterfly he can wipe off his collar). I don't think she set out to change him. What she did had no motive other than causing Damon as much pain as possible.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj