Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Abraxas (View Post)
so pissed i didnt have internet last night, but anyways:

BEST MOST AMAZING EPISODE.

EVER.

I came to say this. This was BY FAR my favorite TVD episode ever

I loved how nearly every character interacted or had their storylines interwine, it really gave me a feel of what I really want for the show: for the entire cast to interact with each other.

I feel like every character shown in the episode was explored well and their actions corresponded to their personalities - it's amazing how I, who didn't like Bonnie until a little while ago, completely understood and sympathized with her. I loved Stefan angry and concerned about Caroline, and I loved how Elena protected her. I hope Damon eventually embraces her as a vampire and protects her

This episode, for me, was amazing for all the characters that were in it. It certainly made me fall in love with characters I wasn't so fond of - like Bonnie and Matt. I'm pretty sure next episode is going to be pretty awesome too

Lara
Old 09-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTown89 (View Post)
disgusting...well that's a bit much. And once again there is no reason why.

And Bonnie is here to stay FOREVER (well as long as the show is airing that is ). Advice: deal with it.

Sigh.
Oh i'm sorry.. did you want reasons? I thought i'd keep them to myself considering, for some odd reason, she actually has fans.. but you asked for it.

I think she's a horrible character with no redeemable qualities. She adds nothing to the show except to be extremely annoying and butt into everyone elses business. She also likes to set fire to things when she gets her nickers in a twist. Totally a great way to deal with things, y/y?

And.. why should I care about her at all? Not only is she annoying but she finds out she has powers/can have powers.. and then leaves.. and comes back andddddd now she's reallytotallyawesome at everything? Seems like the writers just skipped that part because, well.. who really cares, lol.

Oh, and going behind your bestfriends back and using her just so she could kill some vamps (and an innocent man)? w00t, bff, etc. Yea, she's totally great..

I also really enjoy when characters' attack other people because of their own mistakes. Is it Damon's fault Caroline was killed? No. It is Damon's fault that she is now a vampire? Indirectly. Why is she "alive" at all right now? Because Bonnie told him to give her blood, yet she lights.. him on fire.. becauseeee... ? Yea, i'm not too sure why. Maybe because she likes to project her faults onto others. But who knows.. maybe if the character was portrayed decently I may not want to light myself on fire whenever she's on my screen.
growing up. moving on.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
for some odd reason, she actually has fans.. but you asked for it.

I agree she shouldn't of done that to Damon. It was wrong. Never ever disputed that.

But again is she not allowed to feel? When she was lighting up Damon it wasn't in a smug way or i'm so badass it was i had enough. She literally broke down. And Damon's snark on a dead guy (that she kinda knew) tipped that.

Writing a long post such as that tells me you do care about her even if itsn't so postive.

But hey i don't care but the word disgusting just threw me of.

But thanks for replying back why. I guess.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

To be completely honest, I don't really like Bonnie's character just for the fact that I haven't...really enjoyed any of her scenes. And the character just isn't believable for me - I don't know. But she is a part of the story, whether we like it or not.

What I am completely afraid of - what I am dreading - is that TVD is turning into another typical vampire series. I loved TVD last season because it was so unlike any other vampire-centric tv show or movie. But now it's trying to include way too much supernatural things - I'm scared this Werewolf arc is ... going to fall flat. IDK. It just seems too much - too out there. They're piling on too much, too fast. IDK. That's my opinion :/

shooting stars?
| Damon♥Elena | Nate♥Serena | Puck♥Rachel | Liam♥Annie | Ian♥Nina | Chace♥Blake | Mark♥Lea |
Kim| Team DE
Old 09-19-2010, 02:10 AM
Master Fan

I'm not saying like her. But using words such as that and assuming that she ain't got fans...well that's just plain obnoxious.

They haven't given us enough scenes to enjoy so far. It 's really been Damon/Stefan/Elena to enjoy and i love love the first too. So i watch still. (and for caro)

I agree the supernatural is coming on too fast. IMO they should of focused on the witch sl for a little longer but hey what do i know apparently Bonnie has no fans so i must be wrong!

Old 09-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
Oh i'm sorry.. did you want reasons? I thought i'd keep them to myself considering, for some odd reason, she actually has fans.. but you asked for it.

I think she's a horrible character with no redeemable qualities. She adds nothing to the show except to be extremely annoying and butt into everyone elses business. She also likes to set fire to things when she gets her nickers in a twist. Totally a great way to deal with things, y/y?
And whats so odd about her having fans??????

Ok what has she done that was so un-redeemable? obviously she adds something to the show other wise she wouldn't be on the show last time I check vamps are always want/needing her help. Setting fire to a person who almost killed you, killed your best friends brother, and had a part in turning your other best friend into a vamp I'd say is pretty good reason to set something on fire.

Quote:
And.. why should I care about her at all? Not only is she annoying but she finds out she has powers/can have powers.. and then leaves.. and comes back andddddd now she's reallytotallyawesome at everything? Seems like the writers just skipped that part because, well.. who really cares, lol.
No one said you had to care, but calling her "the most disgusting character." with out anything to back that up, now that's ODD. Yeah that whole tomb SL was a waste and didn't make sense to kill her Grams if all we would get is to see is her gone for 4 stright episodes so they could speed/rush that triangle so that has nothing to do with Bonnie

Quote:
Oh, and going behind your bestfriends back and using her just so she could kill some vamps (and an innocent man)? w00t, bff, etc. Yea, she's totally great..
You mean like Elena never gave Bonnie the heads up about Vamps being in town right That so called "innocent man" would have gotten killed anyway, wanting to protect the people you care about is really a bad thing, my bad that's new to me.

Quote:
I also really enjoy when characters' attack other people because of their own mistakes. Is it Damon's fault Caroline was killed? No. It is Damon's fault that she is now a vampire? Indirectly. Why is she "alive" at all right now? Because Bonnie told him to give her blood, yet she lights.. him on fire.. becauseeee... ? Yea, i'm not too sure why. Maybe because she likes to project her faults onto others. But who knows.. maybe if the character was portrayed decently I may not want to light myself on fire whenever she's on my screen
This I kinda agree with, Bonnie does need to own up to her part in the matter but Bonnie was devastated by what happened and only after Damon was being insensitive about the whole situation that what set her off, not saying it was right though.

Last edited by NOLA504; 09-19-2010 at 03:35 AM
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
And whats so odd about her having fans??????

Ok what has she done that was so un-redeemable? obviously she adds something to the show other wise she wouldn't be on the show last time I check vamps are always want/needing her help. Setting fire to a person who almost killed you, killed your best friends brother, and had a part in turning your other best friend into a vamp I'd say is pretty good reason to set something on fire.

No one said you had to care, but calling her "the most disgusting character." with out anything to back that up, now that's ODD. Yeah that whole tomb SL was a waste and didn't make sense to kill her Grams if all we would get is to see is her gone for 4 stright episodes so they could speed/rush that triangle so that has nothing to do with Bonnie

You mean like Elena never gave Bonnie the heads up about Vamps being in town right That so called "innocent man" would have gotten killed anyway, wanting to protect the people you care about is really a bad thing, my bad that's new to me.

This I kinda agree with, Bonnie does need to own up to her part in the matter but Bonnie was devastated by what happened and only after Damon was being insensitive about the whole situation that what set her off, not saying it was right though.
Made me laugh and made sense

Bonnie lover right here. Just in case people didn't know she had fans

Hey you made me laugh allybubba i'll give you that.

Quote:
reallytotallyawesome at everything?
Oh we finally agree on something Awesome indeed.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Bonnie lover right here. Just in case people didn't know she had fans
Of course she has fans

Hope we get a Stefan/Caroline/Bonnie next week!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Of course she has fans

Hope we get a Stefan/Caroline/Bonnie next week!
i know this!

Bonnie. Caroline. Bonnie. Caroline. Bonnie. Caroline. Annnnddd you the gist. (bamon too but im not getting hopes up high on that one).

Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All right people, game is over. Please move on. Thank you. Please do not attack each other in here. Respect is much needed on this thread, we should never forget that.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Setting fire to a person who almost killed you, killed your best friends brother, and had a part in turning your other best friend into a vamp I'd say is pretty good reason to set something on fire.
that isn't why she did it. she did it bc she felt guilty about caroline and projected that onto damon since he gave caroline his blood. it was her fault that happened and she felt ashamed of it so she lashed out at damon. it might be a human reaction but it was wrong.

i dont get that pov however. why ship her with damon if you think she is justified in hating him? when will she ever get over all these huge things he has supposedly done to her?

Quote:
No one said you had to care, but calling her "the most disgusting character." with out anything to back that up, now that's ODD
she did back it up with her pov after the other poster asked her too. you may think it's non-substance but that doesn't mean it's true.
Quote:
Quote:
reallytotallyawesome at everything?
Oh we finally agree on something Awesome indeed.
well she did put a question mark at the end which means she is scoffing at the idea of bonnie being awesome. somehow i doubt the two of you agree.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

All I have to say is I'm THRILLED we're getting into the more supernatural element of things. Kevin and Julie have made it very clear they want the show to be about more than just romance and the triangle. heck Kevin didn't even want to do the show until Julie convinced him it would be more about the town. If I wanted to see a triangle that makes me shoot my brains out, I'd watch Twilight. I don't see as it Bonnie abusing her powers, more about letting people know what she's capable of so she's more respected and taken seriously.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 09-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To err is human, so as to feel. So I understand Bonnie. She may not want to accept that she did take part in what happened to Caroline right now but perhaps she blames Damon because she couldn't bear the idea that she took part in it. Yes, it's a little too self righteous, but sometimes when our rational is blocked by our emotions we do/say things that we regret after. I saw the regret in her eyes when Elena told her 'we're not like this.' With that look, I understood her.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySquared (View Post)
To err is human, so as to feel. So I understand Bonnie. She may not want to accept that she did take part in what happened to Caroline right now but perhaps she blames Damon because she couldn't bear the idea that she took part in it. Yes, it's a little too self righteous, but sometimes when our rational is blocked by our emotions we do/say things that we regret after. I saw the regret in her eyes when Elena told her 'we're not like this.' With that look, I understood her.
I gotta agree with this. Even in the moments before, I think the audience could see that Bonnie was breaking. She was absolutely shocked as to what had happened and she did blame herself. I think Bonnie simply snapped when Damon was being his usual snarky, insensitive self while there was a dead body lying around. It's exactly that attitude that she's always hated about Damon and it was simply too much at this point.

Also, like Gay had pointed out before, put this issue to rest, people. Thank you.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 09-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saw the episode this morning and I was blown away. Here is my review broken down by character.

The Girls:

Caroline: I'll be one of the first to admit I've never really cared for her. I find her extremely bubbly and annoying and in all honesty I thought she was gonna die for good, technicality aside, I thought that last week was gonna be her final episode and that that would be the end of Caroline. I wouldn't have cared but imagine my surprise to find out she got turned. Didn't see that one coming and I gotta say I totally love vamp. Caroline. I genuinely felt bad for her to see the transformation. She totally freaked out and was scared to death unlike Vickie who didn't really care. Through it all you could still see that Caroline was herself and that she didnt' want any of this.

Which brings me to the bathroom scene with her and Stefan. I didn't see anything romantic in it at all. If anything I saw an older brother helping out a younger sister through a transition in life. It was kind of like seeing a brother and sister where the sister gets her period and the parents aren't around so the brother steps up and offers whatever help he can.

Elena: Not much to say on her front. While I like her and all, I didn't care for the whole "oh my life is too crazy I just wanna be normal". Yeah you feel for her in that sense but still it wasn't as good as it could've been.

Bonnie: She was great as usual. While I don't think it was fair of her to have taken out her anger on Damon at the same time it's understandable. She's a witch, she can't deal the human way anymore. It was finally good to see Bonnie break. So much has happened in her life that seeing her best friend become a vamp was just the final straw and she did the human thing by taking it out on whoever happened to be in her way. Now I wonder how she'll react when Elena turns!

The Guys:

Damon: Not much to say on his end except I loved how he was determined to be on the "let's kill Caroline" train. Oh and I love his issues with Jeremy. It's great that these two are finally getting some good stuff.

Stefan: Not much here.

Jeremy: Not much here.

Tyler: This guy keeps getting better. I love how he's starting to pry into his heritage.

Mason: Okay totally badass. Love how he's trying to help Tyler with his "monthly visitor" without letting him in. I'm kind of curious as to why he's not saying anything to Tyler since he obviously has the same thing. Curious though as to his alterior motives and what's so special about the rock.

Final Thoughts:

Oh and can someone please explain to me about the Lockwood curse? Why them, what caused the curse, etc. I never plan on reading the books and this is one of those things that I need help in filling in the blanks with.

Overall this season looks very promising. This was by far the best episode yet!
Emma♥Neal