Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would want to jump into that Stefan/Katherine love story, but I wouldn't because we don't have all the cards in the table just yet. He could've loved her; he could've been just manipulated. The problem lies all in Stefan words vs. the flashbacks. We haven't had much flashbacks to concretely say that he wasn't or he never did love Katherine. I wouldn't close my books just yet.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Honestly, I don't care if he really did love her before or not.

As long as he bangs her now
Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry but I think you need to watch the language hon. The boards' here should exercise PG 13 rules. Please edit. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl (View Post)
Katherine > ALL. Seriously she's so awesome. I'm so happy she's staying and causing so much trouble. She's probably the most interesting character. Nina is really good playing both. They are two completely different people and when I was watching the episode I truly believed that.
I think Katherine wants both of the Salvatore brothers back. I think it's all a plan to get both of them. She knows Stefan would never be with her if she was with Damon so she's going to seduce him and convince him she only loves him and not Damon. She also knows that Damon is going to go after Elena and that is going to help her break up Stefan & Elena. The moment Stefan is with her, she's going to try to get Damon too.
She probably can't stand the boys being in love with someone else.

It's really good that Tyler is getting more screentime.

For me, I love that Elena rejected Damon. Not because I don't want them together, I really hope at some point something happens between them. I don't want Elena to be another Bella Swan or Joey Potter. I'd rather her to break up with Stefan first than having feelings for both of them and hurt everyone. I really hope the writers don't ruin her character because I love her.

I really wanted Vamp!Jer. It's a pity that he didn't turn. But I was shocked that Katherine turned Caroline. I want to see how Bonnie handles her best friend being something that she hates so much. I hope that changes her, I'm tired of Bonnie being so bitter all the time. But her scene with Damon was HOT, lots of chemistry. For the first time I saw why so many people ship them.

Stefan was awesome in this episode. I love his scene with John at the hospital. I also love the fact that he didn't mind Damon having feelings for Elena, he was just good with Damon becoming his old self.

Damon broke my heart. He was clearly still very much in love with Katherine. Now he's going to cause a lot of trouble for sure. I hope Stefan helps him, I love their interaction.
i agree i love the fact that Elena rejected Damon adn i do wish she doesn't trun into Bella thats the main reason i dislike Bella as a charter the way she toyed with both boys was awful . But i do agree i want Elena if she does had feelign for Damon to break it off with Stefan first but i don't think she will liek him for awhiel theier need s to be a key scene wher you can see that love grow cause i don't see them liking eachother jsut yet!!

Stefan
i love stefan always will but i hoep they don't turn him to far into the other direction cause of Kathrine i lvoe stefan his so honest adn i do beileve that he doesn't love Kathrien anymore just as much as i believe Elena doesn't love Damon i think the two have this understanding of eachother loyaltie and undieing love for each-other i hope its doen't get to far off track with Katrien being there.

Damon of you poor thing getting rejected by both girls is really hard for him ... but i can not agree with his reaction to Jeremy he kinnda crossed a line i still lvoe him btu that mean... but i do love the fact that Elena understands him and why he did it makes me realsie why there is chemistry ther they are brutily honest which eachother (kindda liek Bella and Jacob) i think they why they work hopefully thier love grow gradullly ,

Damon and Stefan love that brother scene represents them so much Damon loves stefan so much i think he woukld let him hit him for kissing elena but i think if it where teh other way around Damon wouldn't hit Stefan as bad .. I realy love that scene i love that Stefan loves that Damon loves Elena its his only human quality and Stefan lieks it cause it makes Damon human tha wa asuch a great representation of that scene A+++
Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
But her scene with Damon was HOT, lots of chemistry. For the first time I saw why so many people ship them.

They're were hot even as a mad shipper myself i was like are they really making THAT obvious?!

Glad they did

Old 09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
That's not really my problem. I'm not hardcore for Stefan/Elena (primarily because I won't fully ship anything that is clearly embroiled in a show-long triangle, it's just a thankless pain in the ass). My problem is calling Stefan/Katherine some love affair because of what Katherine did to him. I consider her compulsion of him after he got his ONE free will "Get away from me, demon" reaction to be rape. He had no free will to have sex with a vampire, to have her drink from him and give him her blood in return, and if you aren't under free will to consent to EACH sexual intercourse act, I consider it rape. He wasn't free to consent to anything after the first time, because that's when she started controlling him.

I also think Stefan deserves better than her. I don't think she loves him- I don't think she loves anyone. I don't really care if his ultimate destiny is Elena or not- I'm just adamantly against it being Katherine, because I think their "relationship" was disgusting and involved her using, manipulating, and forcing him to accept things he would never have done under his own free will.

And I absolutely agree that Stefan can be badass- I think that his refusal to have the strength that comes from human blood is the only thing that keeps him from being the most formidable of the vampires, at least to each other, because Stefan will not hesitate to torture or kill another vampire who threatens Elena, his brother, or anyone he considers close to him. But Katherine IS evil, from everything we have seen of her so far. And Stefan deserves more than that. She's very entertaining, but she's not material as a serious love interest for him.
ITA. As much as I love Katherine I don't think she should be with Stefan. Stefan deserves better.

Besides she controlled him almost all of the time when they were together. There's a reason why she compelled him and not Damon. She knew that Stefan would never stay with her if she didn't controlled him.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

And you know, at this point I think what he would or wouldn't have done of his own free will is irrelevant (although I agree, I think Stefan was by and large his father's son and would have run screaming to him if he'd been given a real chance to do so- even with no real choice at all, the desire to go to his father about that slipped through), because the choice was never given to him. Katherine denied him that. And I don't think he will ever, or SHOULD ever, forgive it. I don't think he's lying when he says he hates her. I think he despises all she took from him, and one of the most important things she took was his right to choose his own way and make up his own mind. I think when he said he "let her get to him", he meant that he got angry at the end, not that he played into her flirting at the beginning. I think his intention was to be cool and play along and see what he could get out of her, but his hatred of her slipped through at the end, his rage at all she did to him, all she did to his brother, and all she still threatens to do. And it got him stabbed, lol.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by superscar (View Post)
Honestly, I don't care if he really did love her before or not.

As long as he bangs her now
scar

Omgosh that was priceless!

I'm glad you're on here to chat
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
on another note, I'm seriously confused at the double standard going on. why when Bonnie was merely a passive watcher, everyone loved her but when she started fighting back and defending herself, she got called a bunch of names and labeled a bitch and horrible things? Its not ok for her to do things for the good of others, but if its for bad like Damon, its fine? I keep seeing Stefan all of a sudden getting praised for being badass all of a sudden, and I'd be lying if i said I didnt like it either, but in rewatching that scene with John and Stefan, the more i see it, I'm slightly disturbed by it. I'm now kind of feeling as if Stefan didn't have any right to threaten John, as it was kind of none of his business. he overstepped his bounds a bit, I'm sorry to say.
I don't think it's confusing at all. I'm ALL FOR being badass and fighting for the good of people But my issue with Bonnie is that she's doing it with such a freakin' attitude. She is HOLIER THAN THOU (and that takes a lot for me to say such a thing) and SELF-RIGHTEOUS beyond what I could ever possibly stomach.

She pisses me off with that attitude.

I didn't mind her previously. She was a good friend to Elena. But I can't say that she had no selfish motivations when she did the things she did. The problem with her is that now she's got these 'newfound powers' that can stifle and hurt Damon and those she deems evil. If she doesn't like something someone does aka Damon she can physically hurt them.

Or if he pisses her off she can bend him to her will.

It would be a double standard if I were to like Damon for all of those reasons. But I don't. I understand his motives. The difference between Damon and Bonnie in a sense for me is that Damon doesn't claim to be good while he does any of the things he does. Neither does Katherine.

However Bonnie says she's above them. She makes her decisions for the good of people, comparably to Elena or anyone else whose motivations aren't pure.

Perhaps if she didn't come off of this change the writers had with her, so hard and such, it would have been easier to take.

Plus, I also have issue with the fact that she LIED to her best friend, and said she could break the enchantment on the watch. I just don't like her.

And when they finally do hook up Damon/Bonnie in the show as I'm sure they will due to the relationship in the book, I will NOT look forward to it.
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
If she doesn't like something someone does aka Damon she can physically hurt them.

Or if he pisses her off she can bend him to her will.
But didn't he repeatedly threaten to do that to her? And he DID end up doing it to her, he almost killed her. I think that's more than enough motive for her to turn it around on him. She was terrified of him, and that was a reaction he deliberately provoked in her. She wants not to be scared anymore.

And I think Bonnie CAN claim to be above Damon, lol. She hasn't gone on a mass murdering spree of random innocent humans recently. Or ever. I know there are debates as to Stefan and Damon's clashing morals, but Bonnie is different. She really HASN'T done anything a fraction as evil or vicious. I think she has every right to stand up to Damon in any way she sees fit, after he tried to murder her and all. Even if she has guilt or doubt, I don't think she's under any obligation to show that to him.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

i guess when i think of 'holier than thou' i think of someone thinking you're better than someone else. Bonnie doesn't go around trying to prove herself to everyone, but when damon provokes her with 'you gotta stop believing your own hype', if it was me, you better believe I'd put that boy in his place and he better know not to mess with me.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 09-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

My thoughts on the premiere:

It was incredible. The episode had the perfect amount of action and I was on the edge of my seat for practically the entire episode. Very well written overall.

Stefan: There's a reason why he's my favorite character on the show and this episode only reinforced the love that I have for him. He was tough, supportive, sexy and caring. His protectiveness over Elena was great to watch (that hospital scene was just...wow. So sexy.) His patience with Damon was also pretty amazing. Here Damon was trying to steal his girlfriend, without remorse, and Stefan is more worried about Katherine taking away what was left of Damon's humanity. He even defended Damon after his eggregious assault on Jeremy. Damon is lucky to have Stefan as a brother and that's all I'm going to say about that. Stefan's scenes with Katherine were so fun to watch, the flirty banter is something that we don't get to see much with Stefan. My thoughts on SK are basically this: I don't want to see them as a couple, but they are fun to watch. I do think that Stefan loved Katherine BEFORE she compelled him, but as someone alluded to, she DID compell him and she did use him and cheat on him with his brother. There's no excuse for that. I do find it interesting that she seemingly prefers Stefan to Damon, and I do want to see some exploration as to why that is, but other than that, I don't expect to see Stefan and Katherine being explored very extensively. I have no idea whether Katherine still loves Stefan (I think she did love him in some capacity while he was human but obviously not enough to be faithful to him so ).

Katherine: I love this chick. She has such an energy and way about her that screams HBIC. She is manipulative and sneaky but she doesn't hide behind this false cover of righteousness. She is what she is. And she is pretty exciting to watch. I loved her brutal honesty with Damon (that makeout scene was very sexy). Ultimately I think she just enjoys men physically (her comments about Matt's eyes were cute lol) the Salvatore brothers especially, and I think she feels something different with Stefan. It may not be love, but it's clearly something different and I think that is the draw for her. Stefan probably just invokes something other than just lust within her.

Elena: She was very likable in this episode and I loved how caring she was with Jeremy and basically her whole attitude towards everything was completely understandable. She's handling the whole Damon thing very well and that's all I can say. Her final scene with Damon and Jeremy her response to his advances were really chilling and palpable. I have really been enjoying her character.

Bonnie: I also enjoyed Bonnie in the premiere. She has every right to want to protect herself and those around her and i cannot fault her for that. To an extent, Damon has mostly everyone wrapped around his finger so it's nice to see a character that wants to challenge Damon and that isn't afraid of him. I hope to see more of Bonnie this season as opposed to last season.

Damon: Sigh. I really hope to see a return of the witty, sexy, bitingly sarcastic, hilarious vamp because this Damon is just frustrating to watch. He wants to be loved, he wants to be hated, he wants respect, he wants Katherine, he wants Elena, he wants, he wants....It's exhausting to be quite honest. I'm not even going to get into listing Damon's moral transgressions because they are lengthy and at this point it's become a joke. I just wish that we could get a return of the early season 1 Damon because then he was supposed to be somewhat of a joke. Now, we're supposed to take him seriously, but I just can't find many reasons to do so.

Other things: I honestly don't care about Tyler and whatever he's going through. His character is pretty pointless to me. Along with Matt. Im interested to see how Caroline is going to end up but that's about it.

Last edited by Helena Manning; 09-13-2010 at 08:25 PM
Old 12-24-2016, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nina’s hair was beyond beautiful in this episode!

Damon thinking that Elena kissed him at the hospital was so sad. And then when he put the pieces together and realized that Katherine was back.

The SK SCENE . I love that Stefan could tell who Katherine was. Katherine was truly awesome, Nina played her so well.

M/C/B scene was really sweet.

Stefan looked uber hot in his blue shirt. I loved him threatening John too. He’s already so much sexier this season. Giving multiple people blood this episode were smart moves.

DB scene was great I love their banter.

SK at the party were so hot. And Katherine talking about Matt’s blue eyes was so cute. I loved when she held her hand out and Stefan just walked right by, they were so fun together.

DE at the party <3. Breakeven instrumental playing was so pretty! Damon’s “now I’m hurt.” after Elena said she wouldnt kiss him back was so heartbreaking.

Jeremy and Tyler scene <3.

It doesn’t really make sense as to why Katherine would come back now after all these years but I guess the whole Elena getting involved into the Salvatore lifes was a huge catalyst. The SK scene outside was fantastic. I loved Stefan standing up to her.

Mason was pretty cool. Mason and Tyler have great family chemistry. I love that we are finally learning more about Tyler.

Damon feeling guilty and wanting Stefan to fight him was so cute. SD are so great. I love that Stefan said they had to stick together and he wasn’t gonna fight Damon, that Damon was feeling something and he liked seeing that side of him. So sweet.

Katherine toying with Damon was so messed up. Poor Damon . Her telling him she never loved him and only Stefan, ugh what a rip to the heart. Damon didn’t deserve that. ARGHHH.

And the ending DE scene no no nooooo. “Come Home” playing was sadddd. Elena rejecting Damon right after Katherine. My heart hurts. She didn’t have to add that line in there about it always being Stefan.

Damon snapping Jeremy’s neck was one of my absolute leave favorite things Damon has ever done and the worst thing the show could have done IMO. That was just like, totally unnecessary. Poor jeremy did nothing to Damon. It could have been someone else, like Matt or something if they wanted to get that point across. And then Elena’s voiceover about Damon not feeling and we see Damon throwing the glass into the fire, ugh that was horrible.

AT the very least they could have had Damon know the ring was there.

OMG THE CAROLINE/KATHERINE SCENE WAS NUTS AND ONE OF THE COOLEST MOMENTS. Turning Caroline was such a smart decision on the writers end too.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

this was another season when Elena was my homegirl.