Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
But he tried to kill Caroline full stop and she matters to Elena too. Not to mention just all the other people he's offed.
I actually agree with you that what Damon did to Caroline- AND Bonnie- SHOULD be a deal breaker with Elena. I hope when Caroline's memory returns, she tells Elena every last sickening detail of the way Damon used and abused her. But there is something different about her baby brother, there's an instinctive protective instinct that SHOULD kick in and forever hate someone who tried to take the life of your sibling away. And really, there's a good chance that if Jeremy hadn't been wearing that ring, he wouldn't even be a vampire, he'd just be dead- Stefan said "If you try this again, her blood will be out of your system and you're really going to die." Elena knows that, regardless of what Damon knows. Had John not JUST given Jeremy that ring, Damon would have in all likelihood killed him. And she still watched him snap her baby brother's neck. I just can't FATHOM anyone ever being attracted to someone they actually WATCHED snap their little brother's neck. She'd have to get a lobotomy for this to be believable for me.

Quote:
Who do I believe this is all some twist plot to bring out the worst in Damon?
It totally is. I'd bet money that Katherine knew exactly where Damon was going to go after she kicked him in the groin (metaphorically) and exactly what Elena would say in response (and even on the off chance she was wrong, well, that just messes with Stefan, so win/win for her). She played Damon like a fiddle and he could not have possibly fallen for it more thoroughly. Stefan should just repeatedly smack him upside the head, lol. He can't possibly make him any stupider about Katherine.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Extreme Fan

I find it difficult to imagine kissing someone who drinks blood at all. Or screwing a re-animated dead body.

Not that I don't think it would take a lot to get there, but it's not a deal breaker for me on a show like this.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Pretty much through the whole entire show last night, I was like..

Gasp! OH SNAP! Huh? WHAT, WHATTTTT? UNF! Oh No He Didn't! Oh No She Didn't! OMFG DID THAT JUST REALLY HAPPPEN? Why?

Seriously, I thought for a season premiere, it was pretty solid. Lots of heartbreak, twists and unexpected moments.

As for what Damon did to Jeremy, it was the kicker for me. I am TEAM DAMON and Team D/E and I felt like it was a slap to the face, but at the same time, I thought it was great TV and one of the most unexpected twists of the premiere. I cringed and literally let out a really, really loud OMG and just kinda held my hand over my mouth in disbelief. I mean, I'm not shocked, but I am. I'm not shocked that Damon killed someone. I guess I'm just shocked, because of who he killed and that he did it right in front of Elena's face, in a brutal way, regardless if he knew Jeremy was wearing the ring or not. (Which I do think he knew.) I'm interested in seeing where they will go with D/E from here. Snapping her Brothers/Cousins neck right in front of her, yeah I don't see her letting this one go. However, when she said I HATE HIM, all I could think about was Katherine's "You Hate Me" to Stefan and something about it sounds like the beginning of a love story, not the end of one. So I still have hope for D/E and Damon still remains the most Badass character on the show. I can't help it. I love him.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 09-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damon can snap everyone in the whole TOWNS neck and I'd still be Team Damon. There's nothing that man can't get away with in my mind. So yep, Team Damon, Team D/E, there's no chemistry better in the entire show IMO.
nadia/100k at Dianna|
Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

just saw next weeks promo so carolines de turned into a vamp

{}
Old 09-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessedwithagron (View Post)
Damon can snap everyone in the whole TOWNS neck and I'd still be Team Damon. There's nothing that man can't get away with in my mind. So yep, Team Damon, Team D/E, there's no chemistry better in the entire show IMO.
ICA 100% Damon is AMAZING and even though I find him yummy. I find him even yummier when he is pissed and wreaking havoc.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
ICA 100% Damon is AMAZING and even though I find him yummy. I find him even yummier when he is pissed and wreaking havoc.
He's just an amazing character to try and disect, he has so many layers, and you never know which one he's going to focus on now. Ian plays him so damn well, because he can go from being sweet and almost caring, to snaping Jer's neck and you can believe what you originally saw was just a trick of the light. He's so complex, and just so utterly intruiging, I love the character of Damon, can't say enough good things about him
nadia/100k at Dianna|
Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

and therein lies the problem. I could never be that blind to someone's fault like that. I don't care how unloyal it makes me look.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Just a question..when Tyler tells Katherine to 'come on in', is that considered an invitation?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Omgosh the season finale was intense. Amazing. And I fell in love with Damon just a little more!! Well not the desire to kill Jeremy, but my heart broke when both of then rejected him. How could you hurt my Damon???????? Grrrr!

I do like the dark turn they're having Damon take. It was too easy for him to be turned good by Elena. It was too smooth for then to accept him back. But I do like how Stefan knows that it's Katherine's plan to have everyone turn on each other.

Sooooooo deliciously good.

I think Nina Dobrev is doing fairly well at the doppleganger thing. I can tell the difference. Jeremy getting the ring is no surprise, with the scene with John. However Caroline will become a vamp. It's kind of obvious. Though I hate the thought of Caroline becoming a vamp. She'll stick around but she'll lose a lot of what makes her Caroline I think.

As for Jeremy, I'm not sure I really know where they plan on taking him. He's kind of irritating me at the moment. I don't understand how he could even forgive John for some of the crap he's pulled.

Tyler's storyline seems really like a separate entity. I know he's a supernatural being, but this being a vampire show I can't say that I really care about him finding out about the werewolf curse.

Oh and can I say what a biatch Bonnie is? Anyone? I hated her before but now I really want her gone. When Matt told her what happened you could see that she realized it was her fault that this happened to Caroline. You could see it in her face. No offense to the actress or maybe kudos but she was an open book, so when at the wake she goes and tries to put all the blame on Damon pissed me off to know end. SHE is the one who allowed the watch to get into the wrong hands and cause Tyler to crash the car that would have killed Caroline if Damon hadn't intervened. I think the actress tried to play up some kind of chemistry between her and Damon, but it was just irritating me.

If she is like that in the book, I'd never finish it.

Anyhoo, great season premiere. Can't believe I missed it! Good thing for internet video!

Omgosh I don't know how they will redeem Damon in Elena's eyes. Right now I just don't see how she could possibly get passed Damon willingly wanting to kill Jeremy so that she would hate him. So he would no longer have any ties to anyone who could ever make him feel anything again...make him want to feel anything again.
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 09-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallocoth (View Post)
Just a question..when Tyler tells Katherine to 'come on in', is that considered an invitation?
Yes. I think Stefan got in with a similar invitation by the mayor in 1x04. As long as it's verbal and clearly an invite into the house, I think it works. But it doesn't if you wordlessly motion inside, apparently. Re: Isobel's dearly departed bestie and how she "invited" Elena inside (checking to make sure she wasn't a vampire).
Old 09-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
I'm getting fun at the Damon/Bonnie banter, it's not so bad.
Of course it isn't
Old 09-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't see Damon kissing Elena as "forced" IMO it was more like he was desperate for her and for her to reciprocate feelings for him. When she said it's "always going to be Stefan" he had a completely indifferent look on his face and lowered his hands. But that's just me.

As for the "killing" Jeremy part. I would have been HORRIFIED if Jeremy had not drank Anna's blood. But he did. And the blood stays in the system for 24 hours according to Damon. And Jeremy wanted to become a vampire. Damon said "you'll be able to shut the pain off" before snapping his neck. So even if Jeremy wasn't wearing the ring, he wouldn't have died. He would have become a vampire. Doesn't excuse what Damon did, specially because he did it in front of Elena but I believe he honestly thought he was doing Jeremy a favor.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually Stefan said that the blood was leaving his system and that if he tried to kill himself again it would be permanent. Also I think it was at least a day, the time it takes the blood to leave a person's system, since Jeremy had drunk Anna's blood when Damon snapped his neck. The thing that saved Jeremy was the ring.

Cristofle - I just wanted to tell you that I have enjoyed your posts and pretty much agree with you.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Tara. i was actually going to look that up myself right now I knew it was something along those lines.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara