Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

"The Return" Season 2 Premiere Episode Discussion (Part 2)

The Return

Picking up on the same night as last season's finale, Elena (Nina Dobrev) arrives home to a nightmare as she discovers Uncle John's and Jeremy's fate.

At the hospital, Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacIntyre) is comforted by Matt (Zach Roering), Bonnie (Katerina Graham) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) while she waits to hear if Caroline (Candice Accola) will survive the car accident.

Damon realizes that Katherine (also played by Nina Dobrev) has returned. This sends Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon on a path to find out what she wants, why she's back, and how much of a threat she is to the people they love.

Meanwhile, still reeling from his father's death, Tyler (Michael Trevino) is surprised when his charming and mysterious uncle, Mason Lockwood (guest star Taylor Kinney, "Trauma"), arrives to console the family.

Sara Canning also stars. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec.

-------------------------------

Official Site

Continue..
Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

To me I think Katherine's main goal is to drawl Stefan and Damon against each other. At least that what I think her main issue could be. She hates the idea they close and she is out of the loop in that.. Hence why she wants to terrrorize them to both where in her mind they can kill each other..
Old 09-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT

this is such awesome episode, there so many scenes I talk about!

OMG!! I so love Bamon scenes!! They were so great and entertaining! cant wait for more like that! Bamon angst ROCKSoh I am not blinded by their chemistry...they totally were flirting with way they snark at each other! Yes Bonnie did smile at Damon! I am so proud of Bonnie<3 COMN ON it so obvious they had PURE UST, hostile flirting, sizzling chemistry, and much better than ever Bonnie totally can keep up with him as she keep close eye on Damon! I SO LOVE them together!!! Bamon&Stelena FTW! I love how Stefan was so sweet and badass, he mean serious business! I like he can tell the difference btwn Elena&Katherine unlike Damon!

I Bonnie&Katherine and Hot werewolves alert :Tyler&Maon scenes!

Stefan&Katherine scene were great too!

Last edited by ixluvxchilly; 09-10-2010 at 10:35 AM
Old 09-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Im going to post this here instead...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Schumiac
In the pilot episode, Damon asks Stefan, regarding his relationship with Elena, "Is it working Stefan? Being in her world? Does it make you feel alive?". There is absolutely no mention of Katherine on his part as his entire speech is about Stefan "feeling alive", trying to feel like a human by being in humans' world, having a human girlfriend. But Stefan's answer is "She is not Katherine!". Damon may not be thinking of Katherine at that point, but Stefan obviously does. For I think Katherine DID make him feel alive when he was human (he seemed to have a very organized, lived by father's rules, all about responsibilties mundane life). And even now, when they are interacting, there is an aliveness to Stefan that he lacks normally. She does get his blood running. (and of course that scene ties nicely to how Stefan's initial interest in & attraction tp Elena was her resemblance to Katherine -as he admitted to Lexi- and how he never let go off Katherine's photo and had it lying around for so much longer even after hooking up with Elena -even though both Damon & Lexi drew his attention to it still just lying around there. Katherine is not so wrong to point out how his new choice of girlfriend doesn't lend his "I never ever loved you or obsessed about you" claims much ground -and didn't Lexi say Stefan was all strung over Katherine?)
I agree that Stefan loved Katherine before he found out she was a vampire. I actually dont know if the vampire-ness was what made him hate her but rather the mind control and taking away his choices and playing him and his brother against each other. I really believe he's hated her for all of his vampire life. i dont think he still has feelings for Katherine. In that conversation he had with Lexie he said he followed Elena to make sure she WASN'T Katherine.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBye23 (View Post)
Yup. And I remember it was in that episode of Buffy that I fully could not even entertain the idea of liking Spike/Buffy romantically anymore. And I feel the same about Elena and Damon. Before I was pretty much neutral in the triangle. I didn't like Elena much so I didn't love either of the guys with her. Now I wouldn't be able to enjoy DE at all. Where as with SE I at least wouldn't cringe.
Woohoo! Someone else rides the no_Elena train!Im SE too but just because Stefan is my fav character. In my opinion they should bring Lexie back so Stefan can get a waaay better girlfriend and we can throw Damon a bone.

Im not going to talk about SED because i dont think Elena ever gave Damon any reason to believe she loved him that way so it was obvious to me who she would choose. No shock, no surprises there.

Oh thank God! I thought they had just killed off my favorite female character! Never mind though, cuz Damon gave Caroline his blood earlier. Now i want to see Tyler/Caroline even more because a vamp/wolf relationship would be exciting to me.

I loved Stefan even more in this episode. Not just because we got another rare glimpse at bad 6$$ Stefan but because of how he showed some brotherly love even though Damon was being an @$$.

I still love Damon though. I agree with Stefan. I think he saw the ring.

On the subject of Damon...My Poor Baby! I didnt want Elena to hate him. I liked that they were friends : ( Stupid Katherine. I hate her I hate her I hate her! Someone please just rip off her head and bury the l31tch!

My favorite part? Stefan: There's only one problem,katherine...I. Hate. You.

Avi by MaybeLove.//Santana

Last edited by rrpdsks; 09-10-2010 at 01:22 PM
Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

No, don't kill Katherine, I love her!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

- Don't really care about the Damon/Elena/Stefan/Katherine drama...so yeah..whatever happends there won't really matter to me

- Aww my sweet Caro <3 Love her for watching Jersey Shore
- Kinda thought the little Caro/Bonnie/Matt scene were abit random but still very cute..the ILY's and the hug...aww yay..
- So Caro is now a vamp...not sure how i feel about it, on the one hand I am glad she will get more screentime (hopefully) but idk...kinda liked that there were a few humans left..
- also worried that it will affect the Bonnie/Caro friendship, seeing as Bonnie kinda hates on vampires
- OzzieTyler were pretty decent in this episode, boo at his uncle interupting the scene with Jeremy tough

and that's it

oh the promo looks good, Caro being badass, Caro being sad, Caro Caro Caro
Old 09-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Now let me finally do my review for this episode since I think my post was mostly replying to someone else’s lol

Now I have to start with:

Katherine/Damon/Elena /Stefan - In Season 1 I really thought…well in the beginning and middle of the season that Damon wanted to be around Elena cause of her resemble of Katherine. That was the only way it’ll make since to me because I don’t think he would have cared any other way…towards the end of the season I think he actually started to care for her; Not love yet but I think he cares about her a lot and now this episode just kind of confusion on how I even see Damon feelings towards Elena. Do he still put Katherine and Elena in the same category? Is he really only with Elena to try to get over Katherine? The reason I say this is because he was(is) obsessed with Katherine for 145 years and I have a hard time believing that he couldn’t separate the two. Stefan separated them so quickly. Even when Elena tells Damon “I’m just surprised that you think I would kiss you back” I agree with Elena, he should know that Elena wouldn’t be like Katherine and be with both brothers so to me it makes me believe that he hasn’t fully separate the look a likes yet cause if he had he would know that Elena wouldn’t hurt Stefan like that. He would know the difference between them and he would know that caring for someone and love someone are two different things Lol so yeah I know a lot won’t agree with any of that but that’s how I saw it.

Now to me it really captured and showed how much Stefan loves Elena and he already separated the two. He is not confused about who is who. He probably did love Katherine before but how do he know if it was real if he got compelled all the time? He never really got to know her cause everytime he did he either freaked out and then got compelled into thinking something else. So It’s hard to believe stuff…or anything you felt for them when that same person was just playing with your mind throughout the whole relationship. I do honestly believe Katherine did love Stefan by looking at the past scenes…I don’t know I just got the vibe …probably I’m wrong but to me it did seem like she loved Stefan way more then she cared for Damon. Also I have to say I did feel sad for Damon when Katherine broke him. I can’t imagine waiting 145 years for someone only to know they didn’t want me back. That’s hard but I think what Damon did at the end of the episode was inexcusable, like why is he acting like a teenager right now? I mean for real when he told Katherine “don’t pout, it’s not attractive on a woman someone your age” I think someone should have told Damon “stop mobbing and accept when you can’t get everything you want.” now anyway I really enjoyed this DE scene because of Stefan showing her complete devotion to Stefan and Elena told Damon she cared about him and she even still try to see the good in him when he kissed her. She did not at all want to kiss him back but she tried to cool him off. I think it was really crazy for Damon to go to Elena room and try to kiss her to begin with….he really needs to know that Elena and Katherine are different. Katherine would kiss you and Elena will not….well she won’t when she’s with Stefan anyway. I don’t know probably in the future she might? But right now she won’t she is deeply in love with Stefan and she would not hurt him like that so Damon should be disappointing within himself to think she would. I think the aftermath of the kind of forced kiss was ridiculous…snapping Jeremy’s neck?? Seriously?

Bonnie/Damon - I’m not surprised by how much I loved their scenes, I always enjoy their interaction. I like how Bonnie doesn’t buy to any of his nonsense and she doesn’t forget what he did in the past. That is what a lot of characters are lacking. So yeah I was pleased with their scenes and happy of Bonnie for showing Damon she can take him out anytime she wants lol even if she won’t succeed I love how much control she had over him

Bonnie/Matt/Caroline - I love their scene! Yes too more friendship on this show cause I was so hoping that Bonnie and Matt friendship get explored a little bit so I was very glad to see them in two scenes in this episode and Caroline/Bonnie friendship was one of my favorite for Season 1. I really hope that gets more explored but WOW Caroline might be a vampire? So yeah I’m really so interesting to see their reactions now especially since Bonnie doesn’t like vampires, I think with Caroline it might be different cause that’s her friend and she’s new. Probably Bonnie and Stefan will talk to her and tell her to drink animal blood? Another reason why Bonnie and Stefan friendship needs to be brought back. I really hope Bonnie doesn’t blame herself cause all she wanted to do was save her friend, she couldn’t have known that Caroline would be killed. I also wonder how vamp!Caroline will react too all of her friends knowing about all this supernatural stuff. Well not Matt but everyone else. I’m not happy with Caroline being a vampire, I like her the way she is but I guess I’ll see what happens.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay I need more VD ASAP!!!!!

Here is my review:

Katherine: Totally badass, I'm gonna love having her around. Nina is so good at playing both roles. While I loved Nina on Degrassi, she was made for this one! Katherine is totally hot and seeing her in that lingerie, mmhm!

Damon/Stefan: I always love when these two are at odds. Where would all the fun be if they were sharing the brotherly love? Damon is so easy to fall when it comes to his lust for Katherine that he would sacrifice anything just for her and that's exactly what Katherine was hoping on.

Damon/Bonnie: Loved these two. They need to get together all ready, lol!

John: So glad he lived but sad that he'll be leaving.

Caroline: Wow they just continued to toy with her. I wasn't expecting to see her. I thought that the doctors would come out and say she died so it was a huge twist when we got to see her alive and then get killed by Katherine.

The Lockwoods: Come on bring on the werewolf stuff even more. I love seeing this side of Tyler. And I'm glad he's gonna have his uncle Mason to help him through this, I think that's why Mason came back to begin with. He knows the change that Tyler is going through and since his father is no longer around he's got to be the one to step up and teach Tyler about the Lockwood curse.

Final Thoughts: Can't wait for more, it's too long till next week, lol!
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)

- Kinda thought the little Caro/Bonnie/Matt scene were abit random but still very cute..the ILY's and the hug...aww yay..
I think it was to remind people how sweet and... human that human Caroline was. Because I think that's about to change.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Posted by Cristofle on the last thread

Quote:
I think this is really underplaying the vampire mind control thing. From the moment she revealed who she really was to him- and he did not know beforehand, so he hardly even knew her to fall in love with her- we saw her start to mind-control him. He had no free will. And she wasn't just making him forget she was a vampire- actually, she wasn't precisely doing that at all, because he remembered she was to his father. She was forcing him to accept it. She was making him forget she was feeding off of him. She was making him forget she was feeding him her own blood. She wasn't showing the vicious killer that she IS to him- she was doing that with Damon. And I think Stefan has shown that his lack of consent has really impacted him, hence giving Elena the Vervain necklace so HE couldn't control her any more than Damon. I think Stefan feels he had no free will in that relationship, and he didn't. I also think he feels she didn't show her true nature to him, and she didn't. There can't be love without free will and really knowing who the person was.

I've never gotten the impression Stefan is lying to himself about his feelings for Katherine now. I don't think he's pretending she doesn't impact him- but not because this was some true love affair between the two of them. Because she took away his will and power and sent him into this life he didn't choose, and because she ruined his relationship with his brother for 145 years because that was funny to her.
ITA that's exactly how I see things...if you get compelled so much, it's hard to believe what's true. Yup and it can't be love without free will and Stefan never had any free well.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

the only thing I'm going to comment on is the whole D/E thing and that's because i KNEW that was going to happen! no, I didn't know he was going to go apeshyt nuts and kill Jeremy, and that was a new low, even for him. HOWEVER, Stefan knows his brother better than anyone else, and he said last year that Damon projects his own shortcomings onto other people. Damon is not used to people being nice to him, so in his mind, if they are nice to him, its because they want something in return. this is how Damon is, so this is how he expects everyone else to be. In his mind, if Elena's being nice, it can't be because she's doing it for Stefan to ease the tension. He's naive enough in that way to believe its because she genuinely has feelings for him back, because that's the way he is. so yeah in that way I felt sorry for Damon. and I did feel sorry for him in the scene with katherine. that broke my heart because he so badly loves her and wants her to love him back. What I wish Damon would learn is that he needs to start doing things for the wrong reasons. His brother so desperately loves him and he really should focus his energy on loving him back. He needs to learn that forcing himself on people and manipulating them into caring for him is not the way to go. people fear Damon and fear does not equal respect. He says he claims he doesn't want to be alone, but his actions prove otherwise- he needs to stop acting like a bully if he wants anyone to give a crap about him. I already have mounds of issues with Elena and already knowing DE will eventually happen now officially makes me sick. She'll never be able to come back from hooking up with the guy who at one time tried to kill a bunch of her friends and her brother. congratulations writers. you just dug yourself a whole you'll never be able to dig yourself out of.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 09-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I understand the argument that Damon is a serial killer and Elena shouldn't be with him. Decent point.

I don't understand why this one thing is the straw that broke the camel's back, though. He tried to turn Jeremy... Very bad, yes. But he tried to kill Caroline full stop and she matters to Elena too. Not to mention just all the other people he's offed.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

it matters because there's one thing between offing friends and family. I completely agree with you she should have been done with him forever ago, but there's an added sense of protectiveness when someone messes with family as opposed to friends. or there SHOULD BE.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 09-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hell of a season premiere

So Tyler is most likely a werewolf but I don't care

Katherine is one hell of a bitch, she sure knows how to play games

And she wants Stefan? Who do I believe this is all some twist plot to bring out the worst in Damon?

Caroline&Matt

I'm getting fun at the Damon/Bonnie banter, it's not so bad.

I loved the whole speech Stefan gave to Damon about not letting Katherine break them

The "move" line made me

Damon is kinda a psycho now, first he tries to kiss Elena, who rejects him and then he kills Jeremy? NOT COOL, DAMON, NOT COOL.

And now he's back to being hated by everyone, fine job, Damon, fine job, now I don't like you either.

CAROLINE IS DEAD, BUT SHE HAD DAMON'S BLOOD SO NOW SHE'S A FREAKING VAMPIRE, RIGHT?

Bring on next episode!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no clue where to begin. The episode was amazing. And Stefan Totally bad ass and I love it. Even though I don't ship SK I loved their scenes. He seems so different with Katherine than from the flashbacks. I think maybe he was naive back then and well now, he's showing her she won't control him and she's not what he wants. Loved the Bonnie/Damon banner. And when Katherine had Bonnie by the neck and she flew those doors open, I loved the face Katherine made. And when Stefan told her to leave Bonnie alone, she was just like ok and walked away.

Now on to Damon. I felt bad for him when Katherine told him that she never loved him. But that's when my pity stopped. I still love his one liners and his scenes with Stefan, but I'm starting to like him less and less. To force his kiss on Elena especially since Elena kept pushing him away and telling him no. When Elena told him that he loves Stefan and only Stefan, I can't believe he "killed" Jeremy. I get that that he was just rejected twice, but he should of known that's what Elena would say. She has shown no romantic interest towards him at all, and he knows she is in love with Stefan. I was actually glad when Elena said she hates him.

April