Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2016, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellover73 (View Post)
Ok, sorry I'm still pissed about the bs reasons Julie Plec has given for killing Cami off.
I think she was just expendable, which is what I meant in my previous post but I probably wasn't very clear. I think she was expendable compared to other characters, along with Davina (since Vincent is also a witch and is still on the show, they're probably using him as the main witch now instead of her). And since Cami didn't have much going on compared to other characters, it was easier to write her off compared to sending slightly more important characters away like Hayley or Marcel, who both had bigger roles with the Originals than Cami did (altho I don't recall Marcel doing squat up until the finale, they might've just needed him around to have an antagonist). And like I said, I still think the network might have gotten involved since the writers seemed too in love with Cami, judging from Twitter and Interviews, to have the balls to get rid of her. JP has even resurrected characters whom she regretted killing off if she really liked the characters or actors too.

Edit: also I never thought the ratings would improve if Leah left, I just found it so fishy that I assumed they got rid of her and Danielle so that they could have room for TVD characters. It was speculated all year that they were trying to merge the two shows, and JP already admitted recently that she wants to move TVD characters to TO. I think that is probably the most likely reason for them firing Leah and Danielle, but that's my theory.

Last edited by soldier of affinity; 08-21-2016 at 07:58 PM
Old 08-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

I honestly think that sounds plausible to have fired Danielle and Leah for any of TVD characters. It might not have even been a network thing. It could have been the producers looking at the money side of things and then conferring with the writers that in order to get one or two people to move into TO they had to get rid of 2 people. I could understand it from a business stand point and they really should have presented it that way because saying a character that they claimed to love fiercely had ran it's course and there wasn't anything left for them is pretty insulting. They should have just handled it the way they did Danielle's departure and left it ambiguous as to the reason and just post about missing them/last days on set with costars.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

That's probably because at the time they didn't want to admit why they fired two actors, in case TVD couldn't merge with TO
Old 08-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

I guess. I just think if they didn't want to announce the reason then they should have come up with a better story than they had nowhere to go with said character.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Well technically that was true since day one. They prolly didn't know what else to say
Old 08-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

When has that ever impeded on a character's existence? If anything the ones with real potential for more get killed off. Like Anna on TVD and VampChick on TO. It's usually the writer's faves that don't do too much plot wise that seem to have real immortality like Matt Donovan.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I meant they used it as a BS excuse instead of saying why they really killed her off
Old 08-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but to use that as an excuse I think made things worse for them. I think what really upset a lot of people, her fans and haters alike, was that they should have let her die human instead of turning her into a vampire and then ultimately killing her off as a way to further Klaus. If she had died human it was her choice and all the messy character annihilation wouldn't have occurred when she turned. I actually remember watching 3x10 when she had told Klaus she didn't want to become a vampire and that it was her choice and thinking that this is a character I could have enjoyed. She was fighting for what she wanted and not catering to Klaus. Then the writers kind of ruined her character after she turned. They should have left her to die a human, imo.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:17 PM
New Fan

So, how many eps exactly is 'TO' getting in 2017??

SO HAPPY that 2 out of the 3 whore's/bitch's of the 'TO' show is DEAD. Hope it STAYS that way!

Wonder if Caroline's character will EVER appear in 'TO'..
Old 08-25-2016, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay0001 (View Post)

SO HAPPY that 2 out of the 3 whore's/bitch's of the 'TO' show is DEAD. Hope it STAYS that way!

I agree Kara
Old 08-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hope Caroline doesn't come to TO.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay0001 (View Post)

Please refrain from bashing characters like that. It's extremely unkind to their fans. If you would like we do have anti threads. If one isn't open for a character you want to talk about feel free to open one. However, the rest of the board is to remain a safe environment for all. Thank you.

I believe that they are receiving 13 episodes for the season.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Lucky number 13, make a wish
Old 09-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

I really hope this is the end for the show. I don't have much faith in these 13 episodes considering how they seem to be turning the focus onto the kid.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Bloopers:

Also a bunch of deleted scenes are on the same channel if you're interested.