Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
The white oak stakes. There really shouldn't be anymore white oak stakes after Aya had all the witches looking for all the white oak stake in season 3.
This was definitely a major plot hole!
Old 08-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Than there was a lot of things that made no Damm sense. Like Elijah preventing Klaus from saving Hayley, since he knew who she was at the time. Elijah knew her as Andrea , or Adrien . He knew it was his ex girlfriend, yet he still prevented Klaus from helping her. Why? I can understand his feeling about his family, but he seem to enjoy Hayley company. So why would he do that?

The white oak stakes. There really shouldn't be anymore white oak stakes after Aya had all the witches looking for all the white oak stake in season 3.

This they actually explained. Elijah said he recognized Andrea but was confused and thought that he had been tricked, thinking it couldn't be a coincidence that he met her before and now it looked like she was working with these people trying to hurt Antoinette's family. The white oak stakes plot hole really bothered me too.

Quote:
I do ! I do. I really tried to like teenage Hope but with each episode it get harder. It wasn's so much her . It everything . Hope's character is a little bland. She really haven't did much this season beside get both of her parents killed , and wallow in self pitty . She really haven't shown a display of power beside her fight against the purity vampires. I truly think it would have been better if she defeated the hollow....
I didn't mind Hope too much, probably because the actress is pretty good in that you could tell there was more going on in her mind than just being a bratty teenager--she really felt conflicted. The scenes between her and Klaus, Elijah, Hayley were well written too I felt. However, at some point she lost her agency--I agree that she was too passive. She became mostly an object of protection, so she didn't really get to do anything or what she did do was mostly off screen (like when she constructed the chambre de chasse with Freya, but we were told about it instead of shown.) Someone posted on tvline that they should have shown Hope trying to defeat the Hollow all season and I agree that may have been more interesting. It's complicated though because they did a lot of trying to defeat the Hollow last season and also Hope's not (yet) the main protagonist--Klaus and the Originals are--so they have to save the day.

You're right, after so much talk about her power we didn't really get to see it until she killed the Nazis and most of her displays of power with the Hollow inside of her were pretty tame (bending spoons?) considering a) her native powers as a tribrid b) she's a teenager with emotions she can't handle c) she lost her mother and was traumatized by her father's absence and d) the Hollow--possibly THE MOST powerful witch--was inside of her. Given all of that, I'd say she seemed pretty tame. I know they were trying to make it seem like she has such a good nature that she wouldn't let things get out of hand, and I like that, but I wasn't convinced she'd be THAT evolved with everything she was going through. Besides, perhaps she'd be more interesting if she were more out of control? Problem is, I think they're saving that for Legacies. These kinds of shows must be VERY hard to write, however. It seems magic solves everything, until it doesn't, and it's hard to explain why the problem is that much bigger now than it ever has been, since every season they've been able to find some kind of magical loophole. Doesn't help when they forget their own mythology rules, however! :0

Quote:
I watched the series finale and personally I liked it a lot and it was probably because I didn't care about shipping or anything when it came to the Originals, I just enjoyed the journey... and for ME, I just didn't see the love between Klaus and Caroline. JUST ME, I said it when this season started that I saw 2 people who truly cared about each other however they both moved on pass love...well more for Klaus, since I don't see when Caroline fell in love with Klaus. I felt she had strong feelings for him but it never crossed over to love.

I felt while watching the Originals, it was Klaus love for Cami what really grew him out as a character so I felt Klaus/Caroline being endgame after all of that wouldn't have worked for me or really touched me at all. Probably if Caroline joined the series last year and left TVD, it would have worked out better for me. Or as Caroline stated, more years down the line. lol Probably the chase would have continued a few more years until he FINALLY won her over but even than, I didn't see the love. Klaus just grew so much.

Probably if we never got the Originals series and it was only TVD with Klaus staying on the series, I would feel differently.
I feel the same. I primarily want to see a good story, and for me, shipping is a bonus. I too interpreted their relationship this way and thought it provided nice closure, honoring their earlier romance without actually rekindling it UNTIL perhaps the final two episodes. At that point with them almost kissing twice and then finally kissing it looked to me like the writers were making it look like they WERE rekindling their romance, or at least would have if Klaus lived. This didn't sit right with me personally. I don't know whether this made it better or worse for Klaroline shippers having them get closer these last few episodes without paying it off because Klaus then died. For me personally, even though Klaus and Cami didn't get much time together as an actual couple, I felt that their love went past both friendship and romance.

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 08-09-2018 at 05:40 PM Reason: add
Old 08-10-2018, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm a multishipper but I was happy with what we got with Klaroline. It did feel like throwing a bone to the shippers, which is more than as a hardcire Haylijah shipper I can say. WHERE'S MY AFTERLIFE DANCE. I'm never getting over that

As far as Hope goes, I really like her. I think the casting was great because she looks a lot like Hayley. And as Hayley fangirl I guess I'm bound to love anything that comes out of her Now let's see how she carries an entire show as a main character.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
I'm a multishipper but I was happy with what we got with Klaroline. It did feel like throwing a bone to the shippers, which is more than as a hardcire Haylijah shipper I can say. WHERE'S MY AFTERLIFE DANCE. I'm never getting over that

As far as Hope goes, I really like her. I think the casting was great because she looks a lot like Hayley. And as Hayley fangirl I guess I'm bound to love anything that comes out of her Now let's see how she carries an entire show as a main character.
Yeah 👍 I really 💘 the Klaroline scenes, and the Cami scenes. I feel that the Cami scenes wasn't long enough. I truly wish they had given us a extra special episode, or made the season finale 2 hours. In my head Klaus is in the after life with Cami, and Elijah is in the afterlife talking Jackson....and Hayley.

I still wonder why Aurora was wrap up in a blanket in Klaus 's house and no one thought to get rid of the body.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Think its fair to unstick this soon or maybe wait until Wednesday|Thursday to allow full 2 weeks with it being the series final and all
Old 08-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I had a crazy thought of leaving it up until the Legacies pilot thread was up But that might be too long.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's way too long considering there's a thread I want to put up
Old 08-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh right that is that one thread Ok I think we can untop this next Wednesday
Old 08-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well there's actually 2 but one is wanna to celebrate 9 years for September
Old 08-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Still got some time for that one
Old 08-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes thinking up on Wednesday still giving half the month to get things together
Old 08-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
I had a crazy thought of leaving it up until the Legacies pilot thread was up But that might be too long.
No it not too long. That a great 👍 idea. There are still some people who want to talk about the episode. Some people who haven't seen it.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

The finale was okay, not the greatest imo. Parts of it just felt a bit too cheesey for me.

Caroline/Klaus kiss was fine, but it felt like bones to me, and a bit thrown in there considering the Originals audience didnt really know who she was or anything about that storyline.

I did enjoy seeing Rebekah back but I could care less about Marcel/Rebekah and that too felt super dropped in there to me because they too have been pretty non existent on the series. I would have preferred just an open ending for them or something. Getting married? Blech. No. Just gonna disregard this episode lol.

They really really really dropped the ball on the Haylijah thing, didn't they? I guess the previous episode with their scenes and dance was nice but wow, I expecting something in the finale. What a disappointment. Good thing I already prepared myself for that fail though.

I am glad it ended with Klaus and Elijah but it just felt very sudden to me and sort of random, and not quite like a series finale? IDK, it was a disappointment to me. I also didn't really like Klaus died? I think it was pretty unnecessary.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I keep wondering though, with Elijah and Klaus dead, all their lines of vampires died, too. So we're assuming that none of our vampire characters from TVD and TO were from either of their lines, out of luck Cause I remember that always being an issue, like when one of them was threatened, their entire line was in danger.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Not Klaus cause remember he was unbonded back in 3rd season by Davina in regards to Elijah's organization that he created