Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Originals 5x08: "The Kindness of Strangers" Discussion. Airs June 13th, 9PM EST

The Originals 5x08: The Kindness of Strangers
June 13th@ 9:00pm Eastern
Description: CHAMBRE DE CHASSE — As pressing matters rage on in New Orleans, the Mikaelson siblings find themselves forced to set aside their differences and work together to escape a “chambre de chasse.” Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Charles Michael Davis, Riley Voelkel and Danielle Rose Russell also star. Kellie Cyrus directed the episode.
Written by: Beau DeMayo & Carina Adly MacKenzie

PROMO:

RULES:
+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is considered a spoiler until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 06-13-2018, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

My ultimate goal is to do 5x06-5x08 tomorrow, related to the missing 2 and the latest
Old 06-14-2018, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ultimate goal actually achieved about to put this one on after some food - already watched the other 2 earlier today

What an episode actually liked the episode - its always interesting with those dream type episodes even if they hate it themselves like think Rebekah or Kol said that it seems each decade that they go though something like that

SUIT!ELIJAH love that we have our Elijah back but just the pain of him coming across the memories of what happened to Hayley

Wasn't surprised about it being Freya|Hope that put them in that dream and think Freya had a point that Hope had to do it herself

Elijah visiting the tree that has Hayley's name on it and going down to the Bayou

Klaus and the letter than his crying

Last edited by crash landing; 06-14-2018 at 12:43 PM
Old 06-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

a lot of crying in this episode, but most of it good crying cause the family is coming together slowly, but surely
Old 06-14-2018, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea my crying mainly was after Elijah woke from the dreamland - right from them entering the white hall way with the red door until the end credit
Old 06-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

about the same
Old 06-15-2018, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea it was just for like those last 5-10 minutes constant
Old 06-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

mark of a great tvshow
Old 06-16-2018, 04:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

This was one of the best episode of the season. I love this episode because it tells us a lot of stuff we didn't previously know. Like the fact that the originals had been put in a chamber death chasse every certain amount of years.

I love Kol being caught with his pants down. He was waiting for his wife.
Elijah noted that both Klaus and Rebecca visited him, and ask how come Kol never visited. Kol mention that Elijah killed his wife, and that they were never exactly close.

So now we know how Kol relates to Elijah. They have nothing in common beside their good looks.

Kol once dated Freya. He thought she might have been gay when he fail to get her into bed. Does anyone find it awkward that Kol was attracted to his sister?

Rebecca wants to be human so she can have a family.
Rebecca always have been jealous of Hayley, she's even jealous that Hayley died.

Marcel think of Elijah as death just like Hope do now.
Marcel haven't spoken to Davina in 7 to 10 years.

I wonder why Davina is no longer speaking to Marcel?

Elijah has been suppressing his memory.
Klaus is upset that Elijah killed Hayley, but more upset that Elijah killed Elijah.

Freya has been watching over Hope after Hayley went missing.
Klaus haven't had any contact with Hope.
Hayley claim she a Mikaelson, Klaus pointed out that she's not a Mikaelson.
Hope never cause any trouble, and is very sweet. Hope stayed by Mary side when she was sick.
Klaus use to keep the letters of his victims and read them when he was feeling lonely. Now Klaus keeps the letters from Hayley and read them when he's feeling lonely.

Hope got rid of the hollow!!

The best part of the episode is :
Rebecca telling Elijah that Antoinette can't hold a candle to the love he had with Hayley.

Klaus telling him that he loved for Hayley had nothing to do with him. He loved Hayley because she saw something good in all of us.
Klaus not abandoning his brother but instead to help him open the red door.

The saddest part of the episode:

Elijah's break down after getting his memory back, and realizing the role he played in Hayley's death. The look on Kol , Klaus,and Rebecca's face as if they felt Elijah's pain. I felt so mad at Elijah for letting Hayley down, but yet I felt so sad when his memory of Hayley returned.

I loved when Elijah went to save Antoinette, but than told her he had to leave. When he put on the daylight ring and his suit I knew Elijah was back.

I tried my best to like Antoinette, but she had lied way to much for me to trust, or like her. Her mother killed Hayley, and I find it hard to believe that she wasn't part of her mother's plan.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Real Elijah Is Back!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-17-2018, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well took until the very end of the episode we haven't had any spoken or interaction of real!Elijah yet
Old 06-17-2018, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

The dream world plot is sort of boring but I did like getting to see all the originals back together. I loved seeing Rebekah and Kol again. Kol talking about Davina and being happy was so cute.

Kol is looking GOOD. I enjoyed his scenes with Elijah a lot. It’s sad that they are not close and that Kol holds resentment towards him and Freya for what they did to Davina.

I absolutely ADORED the flashbacks of Hayley from 15 years ago. (I cant believe it was 15 years prior though, wtf.) I mean, if season 1 was supposed to be in 2011 (basing off the TVD timeline) then right now its supposed to 2026? LOL. Just seems super unrealistic.

Rebekah and Marcel are horrible together. I’m sorry. Maybe if Claire had stayed on the show their SL would have been better but all the back and forth between them just makes them look wishy washy and I just cant support it. HOWEVER, with that said, I want Rebekah to be happy finally! Jeez. I have a feeling in the finale they will finally be together. Too bad I don't care.

I loved Klaus and Rebekah telling Elijah how much he loved Hayley. ELIJAH HAS HIS MEMORIES BACK NOW. YAY. All the flashback scenes of him with Hayley were so sad. Daniel did an amazing job with that crying scene too! It was sweet of him to cure Antionette, but I hope they don't stay together... I want them done.

So wait though, is that the end of the hollow? That was easy lmao. This show can be so dumb sometimes but whatever, I'm just sticking it out til the end.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think him and Antoinette are done though no idea on if she's gone from the show - wouldn't be surprised if she came back

I doubt that it's end of Hollow - it's storyline will confuse me cause wasn't able to get 4th season during my binge catch up
Old 06-17-2018, 07:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Kol is looking GOOD. I enjoyed his scenes with Elijah a lot. It’s sad that they are not close and that Kol holds resentment towards him and Freya for what they did to Davina.
I enjoy Kol's scene with Elijah a lot too, since over the years they share very few scenes. Plus at least this episode give us some insight into Kol, and Elijah relationship. Kol said that thry have nothing in common, andl Kol never been a part of Always and forever. But I love that Kol showed compassion for Elijah when Elijah got his memories back and found out what happened to Hayley.

Does anyone know why come Marcel haven't spoken to Davina?

Quote:
Rebekah and Marcel are horrible together. I’m sorry. Maybe if Claire had stayed on the show their SL would have been better but all the back and forth between them just makes them look wishy washy and I just cant support it. HOWEVER, with that said, I want Rebekah to be happy finally! Jeez. I have a feeling in the finale they will finally be together. Too bad I don't care.
I would have liked for them to have given Rebecca a new love interest. Rebecca seem to have been chasing after Marcel since season 1 and beyond. Now she finally got him. But it doesn't seem like much of a victory. Their relationship still seem one sided to me. So I am totally over it.

Quote:
I think him and Antoinette are done though no idea on if she's gone from the show - wouldn't be surprised if she came back
I hope Elijah do absolve Antoinette of the part she played in Hayley's death. After all I find it hard to believe that she was totally in the dark. She knew how her mother was. I do not think it's over for Antoinette and Elijah. But I hope it is.

Quote:
I doubt that it's end of Hollow - it's storyline will confuse me cause wasn't able to get 4th season during my binge catch up
Nope. Now they have to find away to get it out of Hope, or Hope have to learn to control it.

Klaus mentioned that Hope have hybrids who are sire to her. So did Hope make other hybrids beside Henry?
Old 06-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it seems like a dropped SL with Davina and Marcel. They could have kept in touch off screen.

I agree, Rebekah couldn't have gotten a love interest way back in season 2 and still be with him now or something. Its not like shes ever on the show that much.