Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

The Originals 4x06: "Bag of Cobras" Discussion. Airs April 28th, 8PM EST

The Originals 4x06: Bag of Cobras

April 28th@ 8:00pm Eastern
Description: UNMASKING A NEW THREAT — When it’s discovered that The Hollow has employed a mysterious servant to do its bidding, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) host an elaborate party in order to lure the new threat out and uncover its identity. Feeling a sense of responsibility for The Hollow’s resurgence, Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) uses his magic to help the Mikaelsons root out this latest threat. Meanwhile, after uncovering information about who may have been behind her parents’ death, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) turns to Freya (Riley Voelkel) to help unlock her memories from that fateful day. Charles Michael Davis also stars.
Written by:Michael Russo & Michelle Paradise

PROMO:

RULES:
+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is considered a spoiler until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 05-18-2017 at 01:15 PM
Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Old 04-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Shut it.

This episode was ok if not a bit filler. Nothing really happened aside from the last 2mins and even then it could have easily fit in with a different episode. Seems they were given like 5 episodes too many for this season's story tbh.

Klaus - Sassy as always, but no murder this time. Just a lot of talking...and talking...and talking .

Elijah - Switching roles with Klaus definitely makes things interesting. I don't know if Elijah is starting to become Klaus or with Klaus trying to be better for his demon child his flaws are just more pronounced.

Hayley - Yay you found a bone!

Freya - Yay you gay!

Wolfie - Was there, don't care.

Vamp Chick - Could have killed Klaus so easily (and stupidly) and finally get revenge for him murdering her family and yet she gave all of it up...for Marcel? Nah dude. I can't deal with how stupid that was .

Josh - He mentioned Davina . My poor baby needs his bestie!

Random Witch Dude - Just stay dead you crazy.

Marcel - .

And now...My man...the real MVP of this show...VINCENT F-ING GIFFITH - I love you, but why would you invite Elijah into your home?! You should have left his ass on the balcony and just told him about the massacre history. Dumb. Beautiful, but dumb. Throwing shade at Freya about her constant excuses for killing Davina gave me life. Pimping Klaus as the lesser of 2 evils made me laugh, but I'm all for their team ups.

This damn show .

Old 04-28-2017, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Freya - Yay you gay!
I didn't watch yet....did anything happen yet?

Quote:
Elijah - Switching roles with Klaus definitely makes things interesting. I don't know if Elijah is starting to become Klaus or with Klaus trying to be better for his demon child his flaws are just more pronounced.
I think he's just trying to keep Klaus from doing something that ruins his relationship with Hope all together. Even though eventually when Hope is older and probably becomes a Mikaelson even more, it'll be for nothing.

If anything I'm hoping that maybe everything is leading up to him confronting his red door in Elijah's episode 11. But hopefully everything that's happening isn't going to ruin everything by having him go too dark that he can't find his way back.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Nothing more than flirting and eye-fcking. I'm impressed by the pace they're taking with them, but also still not feeling it because I don't see how Wolfie went from being a captive to flirting with the psycho witch that kidnapped her.

I think this season is about Elijah's moral destruction though. Klaus could have killed those witches with Vincent and Hope would never have known, but he gave them a choice first which is not like him. Even with Vamp Chick he had the opportunity to kill her and didn't. Old Klaus would have murdered her the moment she handed over the killer thorns (), but instead he allowed her to live despite he basically saying she would find a way to end him someday. Again, her death would not have impacted Hope since she wasn't there and he was alone with Vamp Chick.

Elijah on the other hand hasn't changed at all and it's a stark contrast to Klaus, who is, and so those murderous tendencies seem to be more pronounced imo. Elijah killing in the name of family is nothing new. But him making a spectacle of it and then seeing Klaus without that "proud bro" smile he often wears when Elijah's monster comes out to play just shows, to me, the direction the writers are going is to morally bankrupt Elijah. Maybe Hayley or Klaus will be able to bring him back to himself and he will find that line he shouldn't cross. I don't know at this point.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

That's just frustrating
Old 04-30-2017, 06:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I found this episode pretty boring, aside from a few good lines of dialogue, the witch jaw found in the teddy bear, and Elijah. That was so like this show to have a human jaw in a stuffed animal lol. I'm a little interested in Elijah turning dark, although it might be more interesting if it were being augmented by the Hollow, as Vincent said it takes what is dark inside and uses it. Still could happen, I guess. It makes me a little sad that Elijah is still so codependent when it comes to Klaus. Klaus really has changed a lot; doesn't mean he isn't going to mouth off about it lol but he doesn't just kill for the sake of it anymore. Instead Elijah is continuing to sacrifice his own life for Klaus, so that Klaus won't become a monster again and will be there for Hope. In doing so, Elijah is becoming a surrogate Klaus, doing his dirty work for him.

Turns out the thorns were pretty silly and pointless like you all said--a bracelet? I was hoping it'd be like a big stalk or rose bush or something. Still a little silly, but so were all the splinters of white oak talk that went on before. At least it had a fairy tale aspect to it to me. Looks like Sofya had her chance to use it and turns out she cares for Marcel, which is weird, especially given that we only just found out her name. Also seems she rehearsed her "Prepare to die" speech too much in her head and didn't realize that if you TELL your adversary how you are going to kill them, rather than just killing them, said adversary has time to gain the upper hand and might be able to stare you down, which Klaus did. (Speaking of which, it seems Klaus was less paranoid and more confident this episode.)

The whole looking for a snake thing could have been interesting, except that Vincent always knew it had to do with snakes and the Priest was practically wearing snakes or dragons on his outfit. I knew something was weird that the Priest did not use magic to fight Elijah. Kept expecting Elijah to just lop off his head. (By the way, did the priest remind anyone else of Doyle on "Angel"? He even had a hint of an Irish accent.) Love that Vincent and Freya finally had a scene together--I loved their scene last season. Love Vincent, but still not sure why he is acting self-righteous when he too is very guilty--too much guilt, perhaps? I was waiting for Vincent to say "NO" when Elijah asked to come in; instead he refused to shake his hand at the end, which wasn't a wise move.

Speaking of Freya, while I like seeing her open up more with someone and be vulnerable, I'm still not really feeling her love story. I'd rather she face this Hollow thing head on--isn't she even stronger than Vincent? I'd rather a love story not be the focus of her character. If she were to fall in love, it would make more sense in a way if she fell for Vincent, since he too is a witch and more involved in the main story than Keelin, who was her hostage and has forgiven her for that way too easily.

Only Klaus would call guests at his party "Freeloaders"!

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 04-30-2017 at 06:59 PM Reason: addition
Old 05-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

That's mah bby
Old 05-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
That's mah bby
Definitely like the Vincent character.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't find the latest episode thread.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy2345 (View Post)
Definitely like the Vincent character.
I haven't seen Vincent that much
Old 05-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Where is the discussion thread for The Originals 4X07 High Water and Devil's daughter?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
Where is the discussion thread for The Originals 4X07 High Water and Devil's daughter?
I just found it! It's in the Joseph Morgan thread. Maybe they will move it there to separate it from TVD now that it's over?
Old 05-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
I just found it! It's in the Joseph Morgan thread. Maybe they will move it there to separate it from TVD now that it's over?
Thank you. I hope they would give it a thread now that it has been renewed.