Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

The Originals 4x04: "Keepers of the House" Discussion. Airs April 7th, 8PM EST

The Originals 4x04: Keepers of the House

April 7th@ 8:00pm Eastern
Description: SAVING HOPE — Desperate to save her daughter, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) turns to Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) for help uncovering information about the mysterious force that has set its sights on the children of New Orleans. While Klaus (Joseph Morgan) remains behind with Hope (guest star Summer Fontana), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and a reluctant Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) join the hunt, which puts them on a dangerous collision course with an unlikely new threat. Finally, Freya (Riley Voelkel) and Keelin (guest star Christina Moses) must put aside their differences as they embark on a journey that may alter the power dynamic in New Orleans forever.
Written by:Beau DeMayo & Christopher Hollier

PROMO:

RULES:
+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is considered a spoiler until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 04-06-2017, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thank you for starting!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-08-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

the last few scenes were really well done to the climax

but damn it, I didn't want Klaus to be a baddy again, however unwillingly this time!
Old 04-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

^Yeah it really seems like Klaus has changed A LOT for the better. (That speech to Hope in the beginning about loving a place more than people was great.) It would be good to see more of it, although I suspect it is unpopular. Indeed, Klaus IS entertaining as a baddie. To have him be possessed would be a clever way to show him as one while still honoring his growth. I like the idea presented that this force takes what is bad in your heart and uses it. I am excited to see more of this, particularly with Elijah, who seems good, but who hides ugliness behind "the red door" and his impeccable suits. I like that "family above all" as an ideal is still being challenged in this episode--is it right when you are killing others' families, particularly children? I am glad that Davina was mentioned as an example.

There was a lot of great dialogue in this episode and the montage at the end with Marcel seeing the blue light and Hope's dream of Klaus possessed was fantastic. However, there were a few things which really detracted from the episode on the first viewing. (I like to watch it again the next day when I'm not constantly being distracted by commercial interruptions). One was Will's possession and death. I was never very invested in the character but to bring him back and kill him off so quickly seemed like a waste. I didn't really get why he would succumb to the charms of the Hollow. I guess we have to compare him to the werewolf girl who also had been possessed, but her demise seemed more affecting! The worst thing about the episode was the gaping hole of WHY THE MOST POWERFUL WITCH, FREYA, was not more involved in the central action?!? I get why Vincent was so central, having somehow brought forth this force originally, but this makes him more a liability too, because it possessed him in the past. *

Why not have Freya be more involved? In the beginning she was burglaring Marcel's abode, but why not have the characters think of calling her down there to use her magic to fight the Hollow? Instead it seemed she was relegated to beginning a relationship with that werewolf (who I find very annoying) and babysitting Hope--which might be important except that it wasn't crucial it be her! I can't help but worry that TO is developing a bad habit, like TVD, of sidelining female characters to plot devices and relationships, which is hard to swallow, given that a woman is the showrunner/creator.

* We have got to see more of what happened the first time Vincent encountered the Hollow. I don't remember enough of what happened with his wife and besides, people may not have seen that. Papa Tunde used similar magic, but he never killed his sons but channeled them. How was Vincent able to escape and his wife was not?
Old 04-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was very long...and boring...and just kept going.

Klaus - I wasn't paying much attention because, again, his scenes were with the thing I try to ignore the most on this show. I will never be a fan of the magical baby plot and her now walking and talking does not help. Klaus possessed by this evil blue light is just meh. I think it would have been more interesting had it been Elijah tbh.

Elijah - So damn dramatic . I'm usually all for his flare and drama queen ways, but his speech in the beginning of the episode to Vincent (and most of his scenes with him) were just full of cheesy dialogue. "I would violate everything sacred under the sun to protect my niece" calm down sweetie . I did like the moral dilemma of him knowing that if it came to it he would gladly murder innocent children to protect his family. It's very in character for all the Originals and I'm glad they didn't change that.

Hayley - No cares about her wolfpack issues. Don't understand her relationship with Marcel since they never seemed to be friends and suddenly they have this weird relationship and understanding. Seemed to come out of nowhere imo. I like that she was morally against murdering innocent kids. I mean I'm sure if push came to shove she would have done whatever she had to to protect her kid, but I find it interesting that she had this line that Elijah crossed just thinking about doing it.

Freya/Wolfie - Not here for it. I don't like the idea that Freya is going to be getting romantic with someone she has tortured and is holding captive. It's creepy and weird. I would prefer Freya in the witchy action...plus I loved her scenes/chemistry with Vincent so I was hoping to see something more happen there .

Vincent - My baby is probably a "sleeper agent" to the evil blue light and doesn't even know it. I find it highly suspicious that he led the Mikaelsons and Marcel to the light to rescue the kiddies and suddenly it was exactly what the light wanted...I don't buy it. I don't think Vincent is aware of it, but I think the blue light is too deep inside him. I don't think he resisted and fought it the way he claimed. It was probably buried asleep inside him until it could take control or something. Poor Vincent .

Marcel - I love how he claims he would never hurt kids and that he's a good leader trying to help everyone and yet he seems to have a memory loss when it comes to the wolves and his past sins against the witches . Idiot. Beautiful, but idiot.

Will - Bye.

Overall I was bored. This episode didn't do much for me and only highlighted that they really need more Mikaelson sibling scenes.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have not been impressed with this season. Not one episode has really held my interest the whole way through. But I do have to mention that the scene at the end with Marcel slowly moving towards the cracked mirror and then lifting his head with the blue tints all around him . . . really incredible cinematography there, and it matched up so perfectly to the music.
ICON
Old 04-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

^This show has the best cinematography and the music really sets a mood!

Quote:
I think it would have been more interesting had it been Elijah tbh.
I was thinking that too. I wonder though if Klaus is not as affected as we are led to believe, since he did know enough to not look at the blue light. So perhaps it is Elijah (as well as Marcel), since interestingly enough, Elijah usually does draw the line somewhere morally (for instance, he told Hayley she should let Keelin go) so I can see him normally looking for alternatives first, rather than being so eager to consider killing the kids. So perhaps the blue light is beginning to infect him. After all, Vincent warned him about the evil inside rather than the good he tries to project on the outside.

Quote:
Freya/Wolfie - Not here for it. I don't like the idea that Freya is going to be getting romantic with someone she has tortured and is holding captive. It's creepy and weird. I would prefer Freya in the witchy action...plus I loved her scenes/chemistry with Vincent so I was hoping to see something more happen there .

Vincent - My baby is probably a "sleeper agent" to the evil blue light and doesn't even know it.
I know ewww. I guess it's kind of in character for this show though. I had forgotten about her scenes with Vincent. You are right--there was some good chemistry there. Didn't see much with wolfie. Duh writers they are both witches DUH it'd be an interesting pairing. She'd also be more a part of the main action, which she should be. Especially because you are right that Vincent is probably a sleeper agent. Obviously he will be at some point, but yeah he probably already is without knowing it. Obviously Freya would have a lot to do (and maybe some meaty choices when it comes to protecting her VAMPIRE family or a witch she's fallen in love with.) Maybe they are trying to introduce more gay characters

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 04-09-2017 at 04:09 PM Reason: addition
Old 04-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

I'm all for more representation and I wouldn't mind having a bisexual character on the show if they were more than just their sexuality. This show has a history of boxing in their side characters to be just love interests and as much as I enjoy certain one they really do a disservice to these characters by not giving them layers.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
I'm all for more representation and I wouldn't mind having a bisexual character on the show if they were more than just their sexuality. This show has a history of boxing in their side characters to be just love interests and as much as I enjoy certain one they really do a disservice to these characters by not giving them layers.
Exactly. They can be really simple-minded in their writing limiting a character to one thing.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Daddy Klaus is just a bit much for me. It’s cute but I don’t know if I want to deal with it from now on… I still think this baby storyline was one of the dumbest things the show did.

Keelin is pretty cool. She doesn’t deserve being basically held hostage from Freya. But I am enjoying their interaction because Freya didn’t have much of a storyline before now.

In general this episode was pretty boring. I am not feeling this season yet. We’ll see how it goes. I might not catch up until episode 503 because I just haven’t been in the zone to watch more.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Freelin is a good character!!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-19-2019, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

freya and keelin are ok.