Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Let first start by saying that the finale let me mostly content as in I won't be going completely crazy during this long hiatus. Take it for whatever you want that to mean.

What I loved most about this episodes was the complete quiet moments between Klaus and everyone. First his scenes with Elijah. Despite Elijah making his mistakes, Klaus loves him and knows what it's like to be on that side of things. The burden is heavy and despite all the crummy things Klaus has ever done, Elijah still stood beside his brother. Right or wrong, they're family. No one is perfect and I doubt being a supernatural force would change that. Klaus was placed into the role of forgiveness and he handled it flawlessly. Telling his brother that he couldn't do it without him was essentially telling Elijah that he couldn't LIVE without him. Must be a scary thing to know you're going to lose the people you love and spent a lifetime with. It becomes a comfortable reliability. The hug was beautiful and timed well. We need more. Elijah took complete responsibility and yet Klaus took the crux of the punishment ultimately. He sacrificed. That's love.

Klaus telling Hayley how wrong he was to take Hope away from her showed another element of growth. He was outright admitting his mistakes and letting her know that he trusts her fully despite anything he ever did in the past. I know many thought his letter to Hope was cheesy and all but I thought the words were perfect for the moment. It showed his current state of mind and that his heart was in the right place. Klaus of old would probably never sacrifice for anyone. He'd rather be alive.

Klaus and Rebekah. I could spend a lifetime watching these two. Rebekah has been my favorite girl(along with Caroline) since she stepped foot in Mystic Falls. I wish CH would return permanently because I miss her terribly. I believe Klaus loves all of his siblings, but his sister pulls something completely different inside of him whether he realizes it or not. Maybe it's the protective brother in him but I see his relationship with Rebekah to be more kindred. It's also probably because out of all of them Rebekah is the most hotheaded like Klaus and she gives him the business when necessary. The relationship works so well whether they're fighting or loving each other. Them holding hands and entering the trial knowing it was Klaus's last moments as they knew, it was sad. And Rebekah's face when Marcel stabbed Klaus. I want to take it back. She was horrified, scared, and devastated. It was all there. I wanted to hug her.

Kol, while there. Not much to say. I can see that despite the Davina situation, he was clearly standing with his brothers and that made me happy. After the last few episodes I wasn't sure where he would go as a character. I love the entire family so I'm never thrilled when I see them attack one another.

Freya, smart thinking putting them into a deep sleep. It's not ideal but at least they get to be together in a not so bad looking altered state. It looked peaceful and serene. And they all looked really nice in the bright colors. It was very different from the usual dress attire of dark clothes. I'm glad Kol got to be with his family. I thought he was going to get the Finn treatment. I was worried since Nate is not a regular.

I believe(as do my brother) that Hope will somehow be the key. We've had the discussion. I hope Hayley will figure it out. With the possible time jump Hope will be older and more capable. Kinda like the twins on TVD. I've said from jump that Hope would be more powerful than all of them combined. I still believe she'll ultimately be witch, vampire, and wolf. I believe it. The possibilities are endless with all of the genes inside of her. I'm actually looking forward to seeing that precious girl reunited with her family. They love her. I feel like most of what they've done since being in NO has ultimately been for the greater good of Hope. And I dig it. You protect your cubs with everything inside of you. It's the natural progression of things.

Extra kudos to Becks for calling out the hypocrites vampires. All sitting up on their pedestals condemning Klaus for the things he's done when none of them are without sin. I swear I hate outright hypocrites. Marcel has to be the worst and a coward to boot. At least be a manpire and admit that you are just revengeful to Klaus for other reasons. Because he has nothing to do with this situation at all. Did it help him, sure, but he wasn't in on it. His Davina boner cracks me up. I once again say, if it was a choice between him and Josh or the Mikaelsons, Davina would've let them die in a heartbeat. Would Marcel then be on his precious D about letting 'his father' die? Heck no. He can have several seats now. I won't be feeling sorry for him when the originals come back fierce and revengeful. I did laugh when Vincent put his pathetic butt on notice. But I also was thinking, you gave him that power. Maybe you should have thought about the consequences of it. One monster is not better than the other. You basically just swapped Klaus out for Marcel. At least Klaus could actually heal people if desired. So while Vincent giving Marcel the business, it's his fault too. Take a seat next to Marcel. I can't find comfort in his threat because he created that threat. It's a little ridiculous.

I did like the moments between between Hayley and Elijah. So close and yet so far. Misery is so fated with them. I feel like they'll always be on the brink of happiness with each other but something will get in the way. I guess we'll see.

Last but not least. I also take BIG issue with tptb showing Klaus and co. to be weak. Klaus growing doesn't mean he has to suddenly become a weakened presence. His love and devotion to his family should inspire a deeper need to protect and remain fierce. I think the show doesn't believe the two things conincide with each other. One doesn't cancel the other. It's like for them Klaus cares and is weak or he's super untouchable and a cold bastard. No. This is the original family. It should take a hell of a lot to take them down. They're older, wiser, stronger and faster. The force to make them fall needs to be epic. I did see the show coming full circle with its season end but I don't like how it came to be.

I guess that's all for now. As I said on tumblr. Sleep peaceful Mikaelsons and I'll see you mid season.

Last edited by loppabelle; 05-22-2016 at 10:41 AM
Old 05-22-2016, 03:18 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)

I know many thought his letter to Hope was cheesy and all but I thought the words were perfect for the moment. It showed his current state of mind and that his heart was in the right place. Klaus of old would probably never sacrifice for anyone. He'd rather be alive.

I believe(as do my brother) that Hope will somehow be the key. We've had the discussion. I hope Hayley will figure it out. With the possible time jump Hope will be older and more capable. Kinda like the twins on TVD. I've said from jump that Hope would be more powerful than all of them combined. I still believe she'll ultimately be witch, vampire, and wolf. I believe it. The possibilities are endless with all of the genes inside of her. I'm actually looking forward to seeing that precious girl reunited with her family. They love her. I feel like most of what they've done since being in NO has ultimately been for the greater good of Hope. And I dig it. You protect your cubs with everything inside of you. It's the natural progression of things.

Extra kudos to Becks for calling out the hypocrites vampires. All sitting up on their pedestals condemning Klaus for the things he's done when none of them are without sin. I swear I hate outright hypocrites. Marcel has to be the worst and a coward to boot. At least be a manpire and admit that you are just revengeful to Klaus for other reasons. Because he has nothing to do with this situation at all. Did it help him, sure, but he wasn't in on it. His Davina boner cracks me up. I once again say, if it was a choice between him and Josh or the Mikaelsons, Davina would've let them die in a heartbeat. Would Marcel then be on his precious D about letting 'his father' die? Heck no. He can have several seats now. I won't be feeling sorry for him when the originals come back fierce and revengeful. I did laugh when Vincent put his pathetic butt on notice. But I also was thinking, you gave him that power. Maybe you should have thought about the consequences of it. One monster is not better than the other. You basically just swapped Klaus out for Marcel. At least Klaus could actually heal people if desired. So while Vincent giving Marcel the business, it's his fault too. Take a seat next to Marcel. I can't find comfort in his threat because he created that threat. It's a little ridiculous.
The letter was a little cheesy but what else is a man suppose to do when faced with indefinite separation from his 2 year old daughter. The content was great though.
Klaus has definitely grown as character between becoming a father and loving Cami, but I would argue that he has always loved his family. He was more damaged - egotistical, power hungry, prideful and incapable of seeing his own faults but I like to think that if it came down to it, he would want his family to live. Though Klaus' arrogance would never let him see a threat other than Mikael as fatal. [Did anyone else love when Lucien had Hayley's heart in his hand and Klaus gave the smallest hesitation before he knelt? It was awful but very Niklaus]

I really want Hope to still be a child when Klaus and the others return. Obviously I don't want Klaus to miss virtually her entire childhood and Klaus will most likely come out rather damaged and I want Hope to experience the unconditional love he has for her before she is faced with his demons. I also believe that the Mikaelsons are going to need some time to regroup as a family (despite four of them together in Freya's dream world) and their reunion and reintroduction to the world is only going to become more difficult if Hope is added into the mix as a late teen or adult rather than the child they protect. I expect Hope will become incredibly powerful (more powerful than her father in time) but like Freya have the 'devastating power' of the firstborns in their family and Hayley is not at all equipped to deal with it - the only thing I believed from Dahlia was that Hope would need a particularly skilled mentor with the magic she possessed, so maybe Freya is freed first? The idea of using their child to save them bugs me but I suppose she won't be 2 forever.

Vampires are rampant hypocrites - a truly predatory species with varying remnants of their humanity, it was never going to be a peaceful community. I love how everyone, Vincent in particular, seems to forget that the Mikaelson's returned to NO largely because the people were fed up with Marcel's tyranny. Marcel after all only looked after his fellow vampires (and condemned them to The Garden for their offenses) and the human faction (in the sense of ensuring a continuous tourist blood supply), the wolves were exiled early in his reign and the witches were essentially enslaved. The city called in the oldest, most powerful and merciless vampire in history and proceeded to blackmail him in order to escape Marcel.

As for Marcel's hypocrisy with family and always & forever, he says that he use to admire it but now sees that it's just an excuse to do whatever they want - Marcel is 2-300 years old there is no way it took him centuries to realize that honoring a vow of unconditional loyalty (for a millennium no less!) often ends in bloodshed and devastation. 'Family above all' sounds honorable and is a beautiful sentiment but the cost is heavy. Marcel is hurting, and I get it but freaking grow a pair already and stop hiding!
Old 05-22-2016, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)
I believe(as do my brother) that Hope will somehow be the key. We've had the discussion. I hope Hayley will figure it out.
She has to be the key, the letter seemed to strongly foreshadow it. But if she's not, then her existence is extremely pointless to this show (aside from "uniting the family" and redemption this redemption that). I also find it super strange that no one, including Hayley, has even considered she could be a key. And you know, if she is, then that just makes running away from town to find a cure kind of laughable, especially if it's supposed to be three years later.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Hope will be important as well

also when did kol and Freya become buddies again after that fight

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 05-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
I think Hope will be important as well

also when did kol and Freya become buddies again after that fight
When they remembered their last name was Mikaelson. All the siblings fight and hate each other at one point, but they never stay angry for long.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:24 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I also find it super strange that no one, including Hayley, has even considered she could be a key. And you know, if she is, then that just makes running away from town to find a cure kind of laughable, especially if it's supposed to be three years later.
Miracle baby or not, I don't think it is any parents first inclination when faced with tragedy is to think maybe their toddler can fix everything! (and seriously what a horrible Tuesday morning lesson, if you solve this problem you can save daddy from torture) More over, they did consider that Hope's blood might be able to heal Lucien's bite but it couldn't.
TVD and the Originals have taught us that blood is a powerful tool, especially magical blood. So I think Hope's blood is likely part of at least one of the cures but I don't think she is a cure. Aside from the general healing properties in vampire blood, it is only Klaus' blood that achieves anything on its own. Hopefully Freya or Kol can be released before Hayley hands over her daughter's blood to an unknown witch.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amisam (View Post)
Miracle baby or not, I don't think it is any parents first inclination when faced with tragedy is to think maybe their toddler can fix everything! (and seriously what a horrible Tuesday morning lesson, if you solve this problem you can save daddy from torture) More over, they did consider that Hope's blood might be able to heal Lucien's bite but it couldn't.

TVD and the Originals have taught us that blood is a powerful tool, especially magical blood. So I think Hope's blood is likely part of at least one of the cures but I don't think she is a cure. Aside from the general healing properties in vampire blood, it is only Klaus' blood that achieves anything on its own. Hopefully Freya or Kol can be released before Hayley hands over her daughter's blood to an unknown witch.
Hayley would probably have to go to someone she already knows, or someone they already know. I slightly expect a crossover, but then again I also don't expect it, because everyone on TVD does not really owe any favors to the Mikaelson's. At this point, and judging from interviews, I don't think the writing team has any idea how to continue this yet anyway.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

It's very clear they're confused about how to handle s4. I think they could easily do a crossover on TVD with Hayley at least. She could go there looking for help or a way to contact like Tyler since he's also a werewolf who's not in Hayley or Klaus' pack line. Once there she could help with whatever they need help with in order to gain their help with this (like Stefan did in the recent crossover). Even if they have no desire to help the Mikaelsons Stefan did get help from Freya when he was running and I think he and Hayley were supposed to become friends or at least bond in the trunk. They could do a crossover, but considering it's with Hayley it won't be a very anticipated one.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not so sure I want a crossover with TVD honestly. I really think the quality of that show overall has gone down over the years.

Don't count Hayley out just because she has been more passive lately. She hasn't been showing her trademark sass and passion, but she's still strong--emotionally strong--and she's still in the grieving process, which has only worsened, with Elijah gone. She has a strong sense of the wolves as family and was able to unite her pack. She can do a lot to enlist their cooperation in finding a cure for Marcel's bite--since their blood combined was what created this Super Hybrid. Who knows? Perhaps she'll be able to reunite all the werewolf packs and they will take back New Orleans? There's a lot of possibilities.

It did seem odd that Vincent would so readily back Marcel in the first place . I hope they don't ruin his character with inconsistent writing, for the actor and the lines they give him are great. I never took him to be dumb or foolhardy. He is passionate about protecting people, so perhaps he was having an emotional reaction after both Cami's and Davina's deaths (as are we all!) Even when emotional, however, he usually keeps a level head I think.

I like the ethical questions the show poses, when they aren't busy being on the nose by just repeating over and over "family above all". While you want to root for the Mikaelsons, and admire their loyalty, they can behave in ways far from moral or humane, and this causes them quite a few problems. First of all, they haven't always been "family above all" so much as "Klaus above all". They've been like a family with at least one destructive alcoholic (Klaus), that the rest of the family, particularly Elijah, has had to tiptoe around, to the detriment of the rest. While it's inspiring and ultimately redeeming that they love Klaus, and understandable they'd want to preserve his life, their support of him under the banner of "family above all" often allows him to get away with bad behavior with minimal consequences. In the beginning of the season, Elijah, Hayley and Cami to some extent punished Klaus by withdrawing their approval, but it didn't last long (which is a shame really--it could have been interesting to see).

Also, "family above all" itself, while noble and understandable, presents moral quandaries. Is it ever right to jeopardize innocent lives to protect your family? Those innocents have families too. If they have the same philosophy, they'll want to take revenge. In taking their revenge, there may again be innocents caught in the crossfire. Then we have a cycle of vengeance and soon war. I hope the show continues to ask these questions, it's interesting and relevant to RL.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)

It did seem odd that Vincent would so readily back Marcel in the first place . I hope they don't ruin his character with inconsistent writing, for the actor and the lines they give him are great. I never took him to be dumb or foolhardy. He is passionate about protecting people, so perhaps he was having an emotional reaction after both Cami's and Davina's deaths (as are we all!) Even when emotional, however, he usually keeps a level head I think.

I like the ethical questions the show poses, when they aren't busy being on the nose by just repeating over and over "family above all". While you want to root for the Mikaelsons, and admire their loyalty, they can behave in ways far from moral or humane, and this causes them quite a few problems. First of all, they haven't always been "family above all" so much as "Klaus above all". They've been like a family with at least one destructive alcoholic (Klaus), that the rest of the family, particularly Elijah, has had to tiptoe around, to the detriment of the rest. While it's inspiring and ultimately redeeming that they love Klaus, and understandable they'd want to preserve his life, their support of him under the banner of "family above all" often allows him to get away with bad behavior with minimal consequences. In the beginning of the season, Elijah, Hayley and Cami to some extent punished Klaus by withdrawing their approval, but it didn't last long (which is a shame really--it could have been interesting to see).

Also, "family above all" itself, while noble and understandable, presents moral quandaries. Is it ever right to jeopardize innocent lives to protect your family? Those innocents have families too. If they have the same philosophy, they'll want to take revenge. In taking their revenge, there may again be innocents caught in the crossfire. Then we have a cycle of vengeance and soon war. I hope the show continues to ask these questions, it's interesting and relevant to RL.
"Family above all" and "Always and Forever" long ago ceased to be moral and just, the way I see it blind loyalty is one of the most dangerous concepts in existence, it is beautiful but nothing is more deadly - one of the reasons I love this show is that they never shy away from the ugly side of such vows. The Mikaelson's raise the stakes because their loyalty isn't blinded by any sense of faith in each other as they are intimately acquainted with the worst of each other - exactly how destructive, twisted and deadly they can be. They don't protect each other for any delusion of good intentions or even a belief that they are of like mind, nor is it limited by any sense of time - their vow is both unconditional and immortal. They fight for each other knowing it likely to be to their own detriment and the death/suffering of everyone else, because they swore themselves to family already knowing themselves to be monsters.
I believe they all know the consequences of immortals honoring a vow of always and forever, their sacrifices and betrayals, the loss of innocents and the enemies created. They would destroy 1/2 the world to protect one another and face the consequences never doubting if it was worth the price.
It's ironically the most humane quality of the Originals even as it causes an unrivaled and never ending cycle of pain and suffering. And regardless of the appreciation the Mikaelson family loyalty generates, their dedication to 'always and forever' gives absolutely no one any motivation to reintroduce them to the world.

As for Vincent, he was raised a New Orleans witch and chosen as Regent - he believed in the Ancestors his entire life and found them killing witches and aiding an abomination more deadly than the Originals, I think he earned a couple foolhardy decisions before it gets ooc
Old 04-17-2018, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, this episode was nuts at the beginning. Freya, Elijah and Kol all having their lives hang in the balance? What a nightmare! However, it slowly kind of went down hill for me...

The whole trial was so dumb and went on way too long. And I hated seeing Rebekah “turned” against Klaus because the last time she came back a similar storyline happened. Even if it was part of the ploy... Also I found it unrealistic that Marcel wouldn't just kill Klaus instead of just daggering him but maybe their old connection got into his head...

The Klaus and Elijah scene and hug was beautiful. i just love those two together so much.

The Hayley/Elijah stuff was also really adorable. I loved all their affection in the episode. THEY FINALLY GOT TOGETHER (sort of. )

I found the whole sleeping spell a bit stupid but hey, I stopped paying attention to the witch craft on this show because its all unrealistic, so whatever... Freya "found a way" to link them to Klaus and sleep them all... sureeeeee. But whatever. It was sad watching Hayley drive away by herself. The burden of finding a cure for everyone is on her shoulders? Yikes.

But I am really excited to get to season 4 and finally be caught up so I can go into the final season. Binging has been so fun.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Haylijah were my favorite part of this entire episode!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-19-2019, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

some of the characters are getting annoying.