Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2016, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

The Originals 3x22: "The Bloody Crown" Discussion. Airs May 20th, 9PM EST

The Originals 3x22: The Bloody Crown

May 20th@ 9:00pm Eastern
Description: THE PROPHECY FULFILLED — After months of thwarting off dangerous threats and deadly attacks, the Mikaelson siblings finally come face to face with the one person that could lead to their ultimate demise. With the stakes higher than ever and the compound overrun by an army of his oldest sworn enemies, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) is put on trial for centuries of atrocities he’s committed. Meanwhile, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), who has been spiraling out of control following an act of betrayal by those closest to him, is stunned by the unexpected arrival of someone from his past. Finally, Elijah (Daniel Gillies), Freya (Riley Voelkel) and Kol (guest star Nathaniel Buzolic) frantically search for a way to save their family before it’s too late. Phoebe Tonkin also stars.
Written by:Beau DeMayo & Diane Ademu-John

PROMO:

RULES:

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is considered a spoiler until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 05-20-2016, 07:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Full circle. Just full circle. In a way they cleared the decks. Kudos writers. I have to see it again. No words.

Haylijah. Beautiful. Heartbreaking. Hopeful. Give and take away. Oy.

Klayley. Beautiful. Heartbreaking. Hopeful. Full circle. Klaus was so good with Hayley. I'm proud of him. Decks are cleared.

Rebel. Heartbreaking. All is not lost. He listened and followed her lead. Trial and not immediate death.

Klaus. Redemption is not just lip service to him anymore. He stepped up. Props. The lost expression when he talked to Elijah the last time. Awwww. All was forgiven.

Elijah. Still mad at you for Davina however even in your weakest moment you still provided strength to your family. Props.

Hayley. Of all the ways I thought the Mikaelsons could go down and how they are saved, I did not believe that the writers would leave it up to Hayley. Kudos. I knew she was going to be last one standing because after Davina/Cami no way they would kill her but I did not expect this. She was shady on TVD and she has grown a lot. Her voice and role as mother and caretaker is solidified. Props.

Freya.Still haven't forgiven you for Davina but kudos on the spell. I liked the full circle of it.

Rebekah. Clever mad minx. Only you could be in and out of control from a curse and save the day. Suffer Klaus indeed.

Kol. Still smarting from you line to Freya last week but you behaved yourself. So right about Davina not wanting this. Sure Davina might want revenge but she would never want Marcel to feel alone.

Marcel. I'm frustrated between slapping and hugging you. CMD was excellent. Righteously angry. Inconsolably sad. I don't think he expected to be alone or maybe he figured that the Mikaelsons pulled a fast one sort of. Rebekah no longer there. Missed seeing Elijah and Kol dying as he was angry about Davina. So many layers. He truly believes that Klaus didn't care for him and that is the furthest thing from the truth. I cannot wait for january to find out how they can fix it.

Vincent. Here we go again. Marcel in charge and a witch brewing against him. Full circle. I can't wait to see more of Vincent next season.

I loved the ep. All the interviews of 'always and forever' that will bring the family down but it still their hope. Awesome writers.

Last edited by chemshipper; 05-20-2016 at 08:48 PM
Old 05-20-2016, 08:24 PM
Website Manager

So... I take it this is why Caroline couldn't find Klaus when she went to New Orleans looking for him. I wonder if they will do a fast forward of sorts in the next season with them having found cures.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
So... I take it this is why Caroline couldn't find Klaus when she went to New Orleans looking for him. I wonder if they will do a fast forward of sorts in the next season with them having found cures.
Yes. He is bricked up, I'm assuming in the garden. Three years have passed to Caroline showing up. So how long will it take For Klaus to be set free. How much of a time jump?
Old 05-20-2016, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

I figured he was buried the moment Caroline couldn't find him in NOLA, so this really wasn't surprising. The only thing I didn't expect was it being a sacrifice.

I don't know how they'll do crossovers now before 2017, maybe there won't be any at all.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
I figured he was buried the moment Caroline couldn't find him in NOLA, so this really wasn't surprising. The only thing I didn't expect was it being a sacrifice.

I don't know how they'll do crossovers now before 2017, maybe there won't be any at all.
Where were you?

Highlights of the ep:

1. I stan Vincent so hard, i dunno i think he's the biggest bamf witch evar
2. klebekah

Last edited by winter wonderland; 05-21-2016 at 04:42 AM
Old 05-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was underwhelmed by this episode. Maybe my expectations were too high. With Klaus being put on trial, I thought it was going to be more exciting, because you have to admit, he kind of deserves what they wanted to give him. It probably didn't help that the extras who played the sires were not that good and had weird, distracting outfits. Plus I expected more furosity from CMD as the red-eyed hybrid, although that was a good scene early on when he bit Elijah and Kol. I'm also confused about Freya's solution. Could she have used a stake just as well, as she did with Rebekah? Of course, that wouldn't help herself, not being a vampire. I like how it turned out, just wasn't always happy with how we got there.
What I liked were the moments between family members and the end was very poetic. Everyone falling asleep, Marcel left alone, Klaus suffering silently as he is being bricked up, Hayley driving on to a fresh start with Hope, then the wounded waking up in Freya's version of a perfect dream. Plus I just love Vincent--his passion and his sass. I'm confused by his recent actions: one minute he's on board with Marcel, the next he's not, and why did he destroy the witches' power source again? However, it's refreshing to have a character on this show who really doesn't care about revenge or power, just protecting others.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

So there were some excellent moments, but as an overall episode for a finale I was feeling like it was pretty underwhelming.

Klebekah saved the whole episode for me. There scenes just.... The hand-holding, the hug, the secret plans...everything was amazing . Also that Klaus and Elijah scene almost made me love Elijah again...almost.

Marcel, Marcel, Marcel...I enjoyed your scenes and completely get your point, but really I think I would have been more on his side of this if he only targeted Elijah and Freya. The rest of the family didn't have anything to do with Davina or his own death. While I understand his point about how you go after one of them you take them all on he was able to keep himself from attacking Rebekah. He should have been able to keep from causing harm to the others, but whatever.

Klaus I love you and was on your side the whole time until the letter came up at the end. That huge slice of cheese was so unnecessary. No thanks. Return to sender.

Rebekah was a queen and I love her . Glad this time she's asleep she's with her family .

Kol made me sad. I love him and I was glad he is still upset about Davina's death, but please stop with the calling out for her. That was just cringe-worthy awkward .

Freya, hun you clearly don't know Davina well if you think she wouldn't want revenge on you or Elijah for your part in her soul being destroyed. She's like a mini-Klaus. Revenge is what she breathes.

Hayley was just kind of there for me this episode. I think I'll have more to comment on when I see how she's been trying to cure the coffin bunch because it's been 3 years without Klaus and I think that you're clearly failing hard in fixing this issue.

Elijah made me laugh when he FINALLY took responsibility for this whole mess. Yes, this is your fault. You deserve the blame for it. And while you get to nap in a cushy coffin with the rest of your family drinking iced tea on a porch swing your brother is enduring 3+ years of unmentionable pain and torment and Davina's soul is shattered. Nice job buddy.

Vincent is seriously the best. I love him so much. Yes it was a mistake to give Marcel all that power, but you learned fast and you aren't taking any of his shiit. The sass on this one is just too precious for words .

Anyone else feel like the dream world that the family is stuck in similar to what happened with Dahlia and Esther in the s2 finale?

Overall it ended well and I'm not itching about having to wait until mid-season, but we'll see.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:18 PM
New Fan

I thought the trial was interesting, Klaus and Rebekah are right they are all predators they protect who they love and show no mercy to others. Marcel drove me crazy dealing with Rebekah - I would never hurt you (just let you die so I could resurrect Davina, not to mention he tells Elijah that he knows going after one means fighting all) and his complete inability to see how similar he is to Klaus, though he broke me when he stabbed Klaus 'for the boy you called your son'

Vincent was fantastic, I'm not a huge fan of all his decisions (or calling Freya a bloodsucker) but I love that he lets no one but Finn Mikaelson get him down and when the time comes he will always step up for his community.

Halijah was making me cringe in inappropriate timing but I can see how they needed a moment where they were honest and truly together before the separation.

The exchange of Klaus and Elijah's roles was fantastic, I really like that it was Elijah who screwed up. In the past it was always Klaus -be it with good intentions, thoughtless actions or being a bastard - who got the family in deep **** and Elijah who would placate, jump into a fight that wasn't his or straight up sacrifice (It was Elijah who lead Mikael from New Orleans.) Klaus admitting his dependence on Elijah was monumental and perfect. Klaus sacrificing himself didn't surprise me, for me the moment he hugged Kol and let Davina go showed he had majorly changed.

Rebekah's performance was to die for, I loved that despite her history of standing by Marcel and her love for him that she stood by her family - the brother she loved and hated in equal measure, when it counted even being half mad.

Kol's part was possibly my favorite, he doesn't play a huge role but the fact that he defends his family even while he mourns Davina meant a lot. Having always been on the fringe I was afraid Kol would adapt a similar attitude to that of Marcel, instead he clearly isn't over Davina, isn't okay with the family decision but understands that this is his family. They are all he has always and forever and he too is familiar with the burden that comes with protecting their family. The idea that Kol will spend time (probably years) with his siblings while knowing that Klaus is suffering for them is something that excites me for his future in the family, especially as he seemed to get on with Freya quite well before Davina. [Also his asking Marcellus if he was going to put on a show was hilarious, full circle truly.]

Freya came through which was great but I definitely see how a time jump would be necessary. Hayley is by far the least qualified person in that family to find multiple cures, that by Freya's estimation could take years each. She has no magic, no millennium of knowledge, connections or experience and is physically weaker than the Original siblings not to mention younger and less experienced than their enemies. I've just started to like her though so I am excited that she gets a chance to really prove herself both her dedication and her ability. I really don't want her to focus on Elijah over the help Freya could give but I suppose contacting the wolf packs would be easiest for her and Kol's aide would be significant.

I would say the episode was a little anticlimactic for a season finale but personally I'm glad that despite the cliffhanger there was some sense of closure considering the long hiatus.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah it was an okay finale

bek comes back being awesome and has to be asleep again
I wonder what that world/place is

I don't get why Klaus was on trial when Elijah is the one who has been doing the bad things

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 05-21-2016, 08:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
I don't get why Klaus was on trial when Elijah is the one who has been doing the bad things
Elijah killed Marcel and help sacrifice Davina, but no one but Marcel is enraged over it. Throughout history Elijah's crimes don't come close to those of Klaus, plus Elijah's sire line in still intact - Marcel killed the Stryx as they still would have tried to protect Elijah. I would also hazard a guess that Marcel feels more betrayed by Klaus, despite Elijah killing him, because of their personal connection.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Which I find terrible writing considering they ignored the Klaus/Marcel relationship all season until last episode .
Old 05-21-2016, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

I don't see what Hayley alone can possibly do. I want to guess that the season being benched will encourage TVD crossovers for this plot, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
yeah it was an okay finale

bek comes back being awesome and has to be asleep again
I wonder what that world/place is

The vampires at the trial was all Klaus's sireline and they hate Klaus and wanted to get revenge.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:09 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Which I find terrible writing considering they ignored the Klaus/Marcel relationship all season until last episode .
Marcel's relationship with the Mikaelson's has been deteriorating for a century, Klaus and Marcel held on to the idea that they were family and that nothing would ever change that - even as they stabbed the other in the back and formed new bonds with others. I thought it was rather in character considering the Mikaelson's dysfunctional people skills, it reminded me of how Klaus had daggered his family for decades/centuries and expected it all to blow over in 12 hours.