Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like Lucien, but I agree with you he is a poor villain so far. As someone else blogged, "His motives are weak". Plus, he looks hokey with those red eyes when he goes all hybrid. Then again, I haven't loved the villains this year. The Strix were pretty hokey and Tristan got on my nerves after a while. Aurora was good at first, but she really doesn't act that all crazy imo. Nothing compared to Drusilla on Buffy for example!
Old 04-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
I see so many people loving Lucien...I don't know what I'm missing! I find him pretty annoying, and a poor villain. He's all pomp and no substance. I'm just thinking back to the days when Klaus was really a villain and how much more menacing he was. Plus, Lucien has this kind of nasal voice that grates on me....
I get it. I just like how he's pretty much a sociopath. He's happy being evil and doesn't see the point to humanity. I do get super annoyed by his obsession with Aurora and Klaus. I think he's a lot better now that he's not blinded by her though. His scenes with Davina for example were great. He made her feel like a little fragile girl who's trying to play dress up and be an adult.

I don't think he's a great villain though. He's more like a cartoon villain. I'm just waiting him to twirl a mustache. I think he's a fun character, but it was a mistake to make him the big bad. He doesn't have fear quality that makes a good villain. He just makes me want to laugh at him.

I honestly don't think they will ever have a villain like Klaus ever again. Kai on TVD was close and early Katherine was pretty awesome in the villainy dept, but no one has tapped into the fear that Klaus struck when he first came on.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Lucien is amazing. He's sassy and kind of a dick. I just wish he would stop blaming Klaus because Aurora didn't love him. Like grow up dude.
Yup and he needs to move on to Freya hmm mm
Old 05-01-2016, 10:19 AM
New Fan

this has been the worst season the producers are making the michealsons look like whimps where is their power and might?? its annoying to say the least I didnt care a lot for Camis character she did bring out a side in Klaus that i loved...and the scenes where she died i cried like a baby lol...SO now i want to see Klaus come out fighting and Davina had to die because the ancestors wanted her to cross over for some reason...but i think they will get more than they bargained for she will find out why they are trying to destroy the michealsons and she will fix this mess...i still think the baby has something to do with this whole mess.and i hope we find what it is soon lol...ahhh i love this show i cant wait for till next week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
I like Lucien, but I agree with you he is a poor villain so far. As someone else blogged, "His motives are weak". Plus, he looks hokey with those red eyes when he goes all hybrid. Then again, I haven't loved the villains this year. The Strix were pretty hokey and Tristan got on my nerves after a while. Aurora was good at first, but she really doesn't act that all crazy imo. Nothing compared to Drusilla on Buffy for example!
he really has no motive klaus didnt take his LOVE you cant take something that wasnt reciprocated he is just a crappy villian he is as crazy as Aurora thats for sure lol they deserve each other...and their has to be a loop hole he can not be invincible the witches put in a fail safe trust me lol Freya and Vincent just have to figure it out...he is so cocky he makes me sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
Kol killing Davina by draining her of her blood was a shocker. The Ancestors are persistant. I think she is coming back. Loved how Kol helped her put the dagger into him so that he would not harm her.

The rest of the episode was wonderful.
Davina has to come back she is awesome lol i think the ancestors needed her to cross over for something she is a very powerful witch...but i think when she crosses over they will be sorry she is gonna be pissed and they will know..she will get the answers she is seeking...she will find out why they are punishing Kol and his family...she will find a way to help them ...kol and Davinas story cant end this way its too heart breaking ...

Last edited by hurricane eyes; 05-01-2016 at 04:33 PM Reason: triple post
Old 05-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

This I have trouble understanding why Davina and Kol/Davina have such fans on the boards. I respect people's right to like them, subjectively, but objectively speaking Davina doesn't have much more of a story line than Cami, who many people claim existed only to be Klaus' love interest. (Actually, there are lots of characters on the show who are written with simple motivations.) Davina has become little more than Kol's love interest. I really liked Davina in the first season when she fought back against the witches and then dared to challenge Klaus. However, last season she started to get on my nerves. It seemed her only focus was Kol, whom she hardly knew, who lied to her, and turned out to be one of THEM "The Old Ones". Then when he died her whole life became about resurrecting him. From what little we know about Kol he seems to be charming, yet bloodthirsty and irresponsible--not exactly boyfriend material. However, I do like the original actor playing Kol again and did like their scenes together this season in the afterlife. I thought they were going to show more of her character when she was made regent and then killed someone, but they dropped that.

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 05-01-2016 at 01:14 PM Reason: add
Old 05-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I think I like Davina because they did a decent job of establishing her character in the first season, whereas I could see that Cami was created specifically for Klaus' character right off the bat, and it annoyed me so much because a) she rubbed me the wrong way and b) I wanted Klaroline (petty but true). Whereas Davina's (initial) storyline wasn't about any man - outside of her sweet relationship with Marcel.

So even if her characterization has suffered lately, I think more kindly of her because it feels like her character has a better foundation. (kind of similar to how I felt about Elena..I had loved her for the first 3 years, so it took me awhile to stop caring about her, even when her characterization really went downhill) I am disappointed that they haven't done more with the storyline of her dark side, though.

As for her and Kol's relationship, I'm not sure why I like it. I like seeing a softer side of Kol. And I tend to just like Kol's scenes in general because he managed to capture my attention early on. He is such a unpredictable stick of dynamite, and he's pretty consistently hard to figure out. He has enough mystery to his character that keeps me interested, I guess.

I sometimes think that some actors just have the gift of making people like them - they're charismatic. Others have to work a lot harder to gain your attention. Whether it is the actress or the way they wrote her character, Cami fell into the latter category for me. I haven't seen Leah act in anything else, so maybe I would really like her in something else, I'm not sure. I think I was somewhat prejudiced right from the start and then her storyline didn't help matters.

~Katie~
Old 05-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for answering, Red Dragon.

Yeah, that makes sense. I do think the way they introduced Cami's character was flawed. Initially, she rubbed me the wrong way as well, because I really liked Caroline and Klaus together on TVD, and it was obvious that she might be a substitute. I hate when TV shows pull that after a spinoff--try to force someone else onto the audience rather than give it time. However, I really liked her by the 3rd episode. She and Klaus had a lot of chemistry of the soulful, friendship variety and she seemed more sure of herself as a person, whereas Caroline was still figuring it all out. It was different than what he had with Caroline--I think he was taken by surprise by his feelings for her, and initially it seemed that they were going to have Marcel as her romantic interest. Also, in that episode they hinted at Cami having had problems with bad boys in her past, which sounded interesting, and in the next episode they expanded her background more. However, they never did more with it. Nor did they do any more with Davina's relationship with her Mom, who gave her up to be killed in the Harvest, or Marcel's past as a slave freed by Klaus, which would invite more possibilities for his character as well.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Maybe they're saving that for one of the originals ?
yea maybe...but then what was the sense to build up a relationship between cami and klaus and then kill her like that?
Old 05-01-2016, 04:29 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesr (View Post)
In TVD silas drank the cure from katherines blood, couldn't cami drink all of auroras blood? as she then died she would have became as lucien, i was pretty sure they were heading at that direction don't know why.
That's what I was thinking! I was actually surprised when Cami just quietly died. It really seemed like a Chekhov's Gun, but in the end Chekhov's Gun just sat there unused.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Truthisbeauty I loved Davina from the first season. She was a girl whose mom just scarified her own daughter (I'm pretty sure she was killed when Marcel and the other vamps stopped the Harvest and saved Davina). No one living knew for a fact that the ritual would work and the girls would come back. They just were overzealous believers. Davina fought back and I fell in love with her strength and determination. She wasn't afraid to go against those who were more powerful than her. Her character was fleshed out and developed outside of someone else.

In contrast Camille, for me, always struck me as boring and very shallow in terms of character development. My issues with her have nothing to do with shipping because I was never into any Klaus ship. I just had a very hard time connecting with this character. I feel like the writers told us what she was and never actually showed us who she was (if that makes sense). She quite literally was created for Klaus and never really seemed to develop any real connections with the other characters that I could believe because the writers barely showed her with anyone else (aside from Vincent). I just never liked Mary Sue characters. The ones who are special, flawless, and everyone loves them despite not seeing any reason or evidence.

Also I feel like Camille didn't do much to contribute to the story. She was just kind of always there, but she didn't do anything to drive the story. Plus s2 she was nothing more than a nanny for both Elijah and Hope. I just think she was more of a hindrance to the overall arc of the story than anything else.

I don't know if I would have been able to like her character if she was played by a different actress. I have never seen Leah in another role so I don't know if someone different would have given the character life because I always found her scenes with everyone lacking chemistry (but that's subjective obviously).

Now for Kol/Davina...I thought the chemistry between Daniel Sharman and Danielle Campbell was amazing and they sold kolvina to me. I loved that Davina hated the originals for everything they had done to her and the people she loved yet felt an undeniable attraction and connection to Kol, who was an original, but also an outcast with his family. With Nate in the role the chemistry, for me, is still there and I get a more mature vibe with them. I love that she was willing to go to any length to bring back Kol and I hope he is willing to do the same for her. I think she makes him less of a monster and he brings out her inner monster .

I agree though that Davina's story this season has been seriously lacking. I am highly disappointed in where the regent story went and also the Stryx coven. I think the last few episodes will tie up the regent/witches she murdered so I will hold my tongue on that until the season is over, but it has been difficult being a fan of Davina this season. I just hope *when* she comes back she will have more going for her next season.

* I am only upset about s3 Davina. In s2 she was with Kol and fighting to bring him back, but she also had more going on beside that. She was trying to find a way to stop Klaus for good (that golden dagger was such a wasted opportunity ) and she still contributed to the story with her magic when needed (working with Klaus and Mikael) before becoming regent. I think s2 for Davina was good story wise because she always had something happening or was helping someone else.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

i never liked davina, but i did like how kol was when she was around. im glad cami is finally gone though she was just annoying. she started out a great character i dont know what happend with the writing with her character lately but i no longer like her.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Um . . . wow.

Didn't see that coming.

I think Cami is . . . eh. She's fine. Never was super intriguing to me, but I wasn't rooting for her demise or anything. I do think this show needs to kill someone off and have them STAY dead, though.

However, I hope Davina DOESN'T stay dead, as I like her and Kol together a lot, and I can't imagine how he feels right now, having been the one to kill her.
ICON
Old 05-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

Death never seems real on these shows, but considering all the post interviews and everything I don't see Leah/Camille getting resurrected.

I hope Davina comes back, but I wouldn't be surprised if the writers try to shock us by keeping her dead since we all assume she can return since she's with the ancestors. My guess is if they're going for shocking she won't come back until next season. I just can't see them getting rid of so many main characters, let alone female ones, in one season.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't see it, either.

Anyone know what the reason is for killing Cami off?
ICON
Old 05-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I can't see it, either.

Anyone know what the reason is for killing Cami off?
The only thing everyone has is speculations. I think the actress sort of implied it was because they didn't know where to go with the character, since she said it's better to write off someone "who does nothing", than to keep her around. The fact that she would call her own character useless kind of stands out.

We've discussed in other threads that we think it might have been the networks doing more than the writers, especially when you consider how much the producers adored Cami and the actress. You could argue that it's no coincidence she was killed off right after the show got moved to Friday's (the infamous "death zone" for time slots), although I personally don't see why a supporting character would affect a show's ratings.

The bottom line is I don't think we'll ever know why she was killed off. They are pretty quiet about it, which is why I think it wasn't their decision.