Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

The Originals 2x03: "Every Mother's Son" Discussion. Airs October 20th, 8PM EST

The Originals 2x03: Every Mother's Son

October 20th @ 8:00pm Eastern
Description: ALICE EVANS (“THE VAMPIRE DIARIES”) GUEST STARS IN FLASHBACKS TO THE MIKAELSONS’ CHILDHOOD AND SONJA SOHN (“THE WIRE”) GUEST STARS AS NEW WITCH LENORE — When Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) receive a cryptic invitation to dinner from their mother Esther, who continues to inhabit the body of Harvest girl Cassie (guest star Natalie Dreyfuss), they find themselves preparing for the worst. With the help of a new witch named Lenore (guest star Sonja Sohn), Klaus, Elijah and Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) attempt to stay one step ahead of Esther, but things quickly take an unexpected turn. While Elijah finds himself reluctantly teaming up with Gia (guest star Nishi Munshi), a newly-turned vampire, Hayley is faced with an enticing proposition about her new status as a Hybrid after a startling encounter with Esther. Finally, Esther reveals a shocking secret about Klaus’ childhood and unveils her ultimate plan for her children. Charles Michael Davis also stars
Written by:Christopher Hollier

PROMO:

RULES:

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider a spoiler until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!

Last edited by hurricane eyes; 10-20-2014 at 12:22 PM
Old 10-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

» Bella
Old 10-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

I'm about it watch it rn
Old 10-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

never liked finn, still dont even in his new body
and the mother is super evil. she just doenst stop.
wonder what her master plan is?

some great lines in the ep

"Everything you do it an act of war." - Elijah to Mommy Dearest

"You are the author of everything I am" - Klaus

"What wine goes well with treachery?" - Klaus

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 10-20-2014 at 06:41 PM
Old 10-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

^yeah that author line was the best

It's getting ridiculous how Esther keeps jumping to new bodies, isn't her real one buried in the cemetary?

Puked and groaned @ the Hayley glorifying Mary Sue lines

Oh and what is the point of this new irrelevant vampire? At least we had two eps with no Cami.

Last edited by soldier of affinity; 10-20-2014 at 07:45 PM
Old 10-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

there were some great lines. I found the episode kinda boring except the mikaelsons reuniting

I guess Esther didn't want to be a young girl anymore,i think so I don't remember what happened

missed kol

{}
Old 10-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Not sure how I felt about the episode...it was ok, but not great.

Klaus - Loved the speech to Esther at dinner. Dude you are too awesome for words. Just get better people around you and cut the dead weight - you'll be ok .

Elijah - I enjoyed your scenes with the vamp chick, but found them a bit irrelevant. The dinner scenes were great, but meh for everything else.

Hayley - Nice to see you starting to serve a purpose though annoyed and tired of the condescending comments about Elijah. Over the drama. Also please feel free to take Esther up on her offer...maybe you won't be Australian in the next body .

Marcel - Kinda just there being a weirdo shipper of Elijah and vamp chick . It was super creeper, but funny too.

Esther - Ugh lady you need to go drink a pina colada and get caught in the rain. Maybe a sexy man will help get that stick out of your arse.

Finn - I am so unbelievably shocked that you have a personality . I mean it's a dick, but it's nice seeing that you aren't just a self-loathing loser. Not sure why you revealed that Kol was back too since it kinda defeats the purpose of a surprise. I do feel bad about you being stuck in the box for 900 years, but it's time to move on and get therapy for your mommy issues.

Flashbacks - Loved them, but also solidified that I miss Original Mamma and also Esther sucks. And Finn was a jealous tool back in his teen years too.

Josh/Davina/Koleb - Why you no here ?!

Camille - Stay gone.

Overall my thoughts on the episode:

Old 10-20-2014, 09:29 PM
New Fan

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I agree with Finn's anger.
He was daggered for 900 years and from this episode he didn't even know why. Klaus daggered him and the other siblings basically let him rot. If I was him I would not be loyal to my siblings either they don't deserve it. I think in Finn's mind the only family member that had his back was his mother which is probably why he picked her side.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjiles (View Post)
I know this is an unpopular opinion but I agree with Finn's anger.
He was daggered for 900 years and from this episode he didn't even know why. Klaus daggered him and the other siblings basically let him rot. If I was him I would not be loyal to my siblings either they don't deserve it. I think in Finn's mind the only family member that had his back was his mother which is probably why he picked her side.
It's not all that unpopular. I feel bad for Finn about being stuck in a box for 900 years. I feel bad for all the siblings that had time stolen from them. They had to endure some serious torment because Klaus wanted them daggered. Because he wanted them to stay with him and not being alone. He wanted the control over their lives and it wasn't fair to them. However I was never a fan of Finn so my sympathy for him only goes so far. I feel more for Rebekah and Kol because I love them more.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

It's never been an unpopular opinion, feeling that Finn has every right to be mad, the thing is that Finn was never around tvd long enough to get a fanbase, and being a mothers pet doesn't really turn viewers on, nor does being suicidal. This is why he was a little more interesting tonight since he expressed more than that. Kol wasn't on tvd that long either, but since his personality was similar to Klaus and since he had a big part in the Silas storyline, it was easy for fans to fall in love.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Ok does anyone else love the music they keep playing when Esther is around? it started since 1x22 when she first appears in the graveyard? I love that damn creepy music.

Klaus you had some funny lines, JOMO was fantastic in this episode, the flashback with him and Esther broke my heart

Hayley if only you wouldn't act so butthurt towards Elijah for absolutely no reason, I would have been OK with you this episode cause you were trying to help and being decent and stuff.

Elijah, man you look handsome this season. You've been pretty useless so far tho... and I really don't give a crap about his relationship with Marcel or the new vampire chick but this might change, who knows.

Marcel... at least I'm not forwarding your scenes, that's good right?

Just realized Cami has been gone for two episodes, I guess that says a lot.

No Davina, Mikael, Kaleb/Kol or Josh this episode :/ sucks but at least we're sure we're gtting Davina/Mikael next week.

Esther, I cannot dislike her? I loved the flashbacks with Momma Mikaelson, I just wish we could get her back for good. I'm OK with her moving to a different body tho, cause girl playing Cassie wasn't that great to begin with.

Finn, well what a damn surprise. New Finn is acting all badass and I love it! The way he acted around Oliver/witch and then with Elijah and Klaus... he owned Elijah when he tried to attack him btw I kinda giggled.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

I didn't even notice the music

I'm still confused why she can't just use her damn body yet
Old 10-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Nothing against the new actors but I'm a wee bit bitter about the returning Mikaelsons not being played by the original actors, with the exception of Finn who always bored me anyways. But Esther and Kol should be played by the original actors, I mean I love DS and all but I had hoped he could just be a new character so we could get the real Kol back, it's just not the same without Nat playing him.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fated 4 FayLee (View Post)
Nothing against the new actors but I'm a wee bit bitter about the returning Mikaelsons not being played by the original actors, with the exception of Finn who always bored me anyways. But Esther and Kol should be played by the original actors, I mean I love DS and all but I had hoped he could just be a new character so we could get the real Kol back, it's just not the same without Nat playing him.
My thoughts exactly. I like DS and his portrayal of Koleb is great, but Nate is Kol. As for Esther - Alice Evans is the only Mamma Psycho I want around.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
My thoughts exactly. I like DS and his portrayal of Koleb is great, but Nate is Kol. As for Esther - Alice Evans is the only Mamma Psycho I want around.
Exactly! Some characters can be recasted and some just can't and imo there is no replacing Nathaniel or Alice. I'd also love for Kol to become a regular on the show but I hear Nat's got another show though that's no excuse to me since DG plays two

my tumblr|| Jess