Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

His scenes are like 20 seconds in the records store, 40 seconds outside the records store and a minute with momma and big bro I think.

I don't care for TVD anymore but I can tell you that if some characters HAD to come back from the death, those were the Original family, since you know, they made a spinoff for them and we had only 3 family members and eventually 2.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
There was a staring contest at the record store with Davina, them finally talking, and then him being obsessed with his new body with his mommy and Finn there .
I watched the staring contest and them meeting.

Aww, I wanna see those.

» Bella
Old 10-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serenity (View Post)
I watched the staring contest and them meeting.

Aww, I wanna see those.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

^ It's actually a nice scene the last one. Only thing that made me roll my eyes was New!Esther saying their names like all paused for those 2 people who didn't understand who they were at the end... all "FINN............... Kol............" like really? but I guess it works for the new, non tvd watchers.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah not a fan of this teenager playing Esther. I need Mama Original back if Esther is here.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Thank you, Kara! You could have warned me about the Boremille in the beginning. But Koleb is great, Esther is weird and Finn is boring. I'm so happy they are all back.

» Bella
Old 10-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Finn needs to be a pirate. Also I would love some snark between him and Koleb since they didn't seem to get along much on TVD.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Well is not like we lost a lot with this new Finn I mean... I don't have anything against the actor, I just think his character is quite lame so far.

I need momma Esther asap. I'll be patient tho.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

Finn was only cool when he popped out of the box and stabbed Klaus. After his pirate days he became lame .
Old 10-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Still, Lame!Finn >>>>>>>>>>> abyss>>>>>>>>>> *certain characters*

» Bella
Old 10-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

I think I can guess who you're thinking of.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
What would you preferred to have seen? What direction do you think they should go in?

Bella his scenes are like 2mins in total so you could YouTube that now .

May I love that gif .
I would have preferred the writers focus on the characters we already have in place. Give them their own plots. I want to see them bring in new and more powerful enemies with different motives. So far everyone's motive is to destroy Klaus.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think I can guess who you're thinking of.
Damn, I'm getting predictable!

» Bella
Old 10-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by japrilrebelfan17 (View Post)
I would have preferred the writers focus on the characters we already have in place. Give them their own plots. I want to see them bring in new and more powerful enemies with different motives. So far everyone's motive is to destroy Klaus.
The characters on screen do have their own plots. Klaus and Hayley are going to work together to bring the wolves back under control, Elijah is trying to set the city back into it's former glory, Marcel is looking to build up his army again and take back his city, Davina is working on unlinking her friends from Klaus so she can set Mikael loose to kill him, Camille is focusing on her degree and trying to get a normal life...I don't know what you mean by characters not having a plot.

Most of those characters I would rather not have a plot so I can focus on the Original family and their drama. I mean it is called The Originals. It should be about their family.

I do wish they will get a different agenda than trying to bring the demon baby back/kill Klaus. Though I think until Mikael and Esther are resolved the goal will be for Klaus to die. Maybe they will have Mikael and Davina team up with Klaus and Elijah to stop Esther since I'm guessing she still wants to kill all vampires. Koleb and Finn are in human bodies so I don't think they care (and Finn was always suicidal).
Old 10-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
Both TVD and Originals have been on a bringbackthedead phase the past year, and I'm pretty sure it's because of a writers block, they try so hard with forcing their newer characters down our throats for both shows and the storylines become a huge bore.

Season two is actually giving fans what they signed up for, universally, they wanted the show to be about the Mikaelsons and not about swamps or angry witches. Season two (for now) looks more promising since the whole family is back along with Rebekah being a recurring character.

It's annoying to see resurrection get overdone to death, but that's what happens when writers like Julie Plec drive themselves into a corner, they go back to fix these mistakes once the ratings are in danger. It's just common sense because the "originals" should have been about the originals in the first place.
Actually, you have it backwards, new characters promotes new ideas. When you focus primarily on a handful of characters that's when you see repetitive writing. Like we are seeing right now.

Go take a look at The Games of Thrones. George Martin tells a story from the view point of multiple characters. You get to watch different characters, going through different struggles, under different circumstances. That is what you call good writing. Nothing is more boring and annoying than watching the same conflicts (we thought was resolved) over and over again. A story in which we all know the ending. What the writers should do is focus on all of the characters. Marcel, Davina, and Cami are great characters. They should be more a focus. What the writers shouldn't do is pander to a handful of fans who think they speak for the majority.

How do you know what most fans want to see? A lot of fans who watch TO never watched TVD. Based on the ones who post on my page, they can careless about Fynn, Kol, Mikael, or Ester. Should I assume they speak for the majority? No, I don't know what the majority of the fans want to see. What I do know is bad writing when I see it. If I want to base my position on ratings (which I never do) then it would be safe to say that a lot people are not interested in watching this story. The ratings have dropped since last season's finale.