Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2014, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)
Yeah I know it can seem like all people do is complain. It's like why even watch if all you wanna do is groan and moan...but that's everyone's own prerogative
I don't think that all people do. Sure there are some who hate the show, but I can only speak for myself and say that there were so many things about S1 that just weren't working. I loved certain aspects of the show, but my general feeling was they tried to force characters on the audience and certain storylines that just worked against them.

I think it's fine to critique the show and praise it for what you personally liked. I would never begrudge someone for having a difference of opinion.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:47 AM
Master Fan

Yeah it's like I said, seeing people nitpick nearly everything can be a buzzkill for those who enjoy most of the show, but obviously there are some things in the show they enjoy, otherwise they would just quit entirely. I think the general criticism is when the focus isn't on originals (depending on the ep) even though it's their show. That's why for now I'm optimistic with season 2. I always knew the baby would survive and I didn't really mind since I knew there was no way they'd keep it around, I even get why some people like the baby, personally I think Klaus and Rebekah are cute about the baby but Elijah can go away, I hated his high horse about being the only one who cares and blaming everything on Klaus. But since the show isn't one tree hill, that's why I'm glad they sent it off for awhile. Still gonna miss Rebekah
Old 05-15-2014, 06:50 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't mind Debbie Downers or people who have problems with the show. It doesn't bother me. Since I'm not an avid watcher.

But I just wanted to make it clear to the poster that I understand where she was coming from when you see negativity you can be like but why watch. Like eating a cheeseburger when you hate cheese. and in some ways she's right.

And I think that's a fair post to make. It wasn't directed at anyone. It wasn't that deep.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
Yeah it's like I said, seeing people nitpick nearly everything can be a buzzkill for those who enjoy most of the show, but obviously there are some things in the show they enjoy, otherwise they would just quit entirely. I think the general criticism is when the focus isn't on originals (depending on the ep) even though it's their show. That's why for now I'm optimistic with season 2. I always knew the baby would survive and I didn't really mind since I knew there was no way they'd keep it around, I even get why some people like the baby, personally I think Klaus and Rebekah are cute about the baby but Elijah can go away, I hated his high horse about being the only one who cares and blaming everything on Klaus. But since the show isn't one tree hill, that's why I'm glad they sent it off for awhile. Still gonna miss Rebekah
Season 2 looks so good on paper right now with the extended cast. I mean aside from freaking out over Kol coming back I am excited for Kaleb as well. Daniel Sharman was cool as Isaac on TW so I'm excited to see him on TO. This coming season definitely seems better in terms of focusing more on TO and less on the supporting characters that didn't seem to make a good impact with the audience.

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the possibility of a love triangle with Klaus-Hayley-Elijah.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't mind Debbie Downers or people who have problems with the show. It doesn't bother me. Since I'm not an avid watcher.

But I just wanted to make it clear to the poster that I understand where she was coming from when you see negativity you can be like but why watch. Like eating a cheeseburger when you hate cheese. and in some ways she's right.

And I think that's a fair post to make. It wasn't directed at anyone. It wasn't that deep.
Your post was fine I just didn't want the issue brought up again so I made a general reminder I know your posts anyway and you typically have good patience and nice opinions
Old 05-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Cool

I was like uh-oh
Old 05-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

^ lol awww you're fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
Season 2 looks so good on paper right now with the extended cast. I mean aside from freaking out over Kol coming back I am excited for Kaleb as well. Daniel Sharman was cool as Isaac on TW so I'm excited to see him on TO. This coming season definitely seems better in terms of focusing more on TO and less on the supporting characters that didn't seem to make a good impact with the audience.

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the possibility of a love triangle with Klaus-Hayley-Elijah.
We kept saying forever that they would try to redeem season 2 by desperately dragging more originals in it's nice to be right, but that's what happens when you know how predictable JP's shows are. She ignores criticism up until it hits a peak. I think after finally getting fans to warm up to Hayley, (even entertainment weekly had an article on how much she sucked?), it's a bad idea to attempt a triangle since it will possibly 180 all those fans that like her. It's not like her hate has completely diminished anyway, but she at least got a stable fanbase. That's the only suicide mission I see for the show.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Cool

I was like uh-oh
I'm sorry if my post came across as an attack. So not intended that way. I agree that if no one has anything to say about the show that they like they should just move on, but that's not what was happening before. It was more to do with people criticizing Hayley and that poster was upset by it.

Flora if they try and push a triangle the show will tank faster than the titanic. I hope JP isn't stupid enough for it, but I can even see her hinting at an KH connection if he helps her with her hybrid-ness and Elijah getting jealous. Maybe they won't go there romantically, but I can see it to make Elijah jealous .
Old 05-15-2014, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry if my post came across as an attack. So not intended that way. I agree that if no one has anything to say about the show that they like they should just move on, but that's not what was happening before. It was more to do with people criticizing Hayley and that poster was upset by it.

Flora if they try and push a triangle the show will tank faster than the titanic. I hope JP isn't stupid enough for it, but I can even see her hinting at an KH connection if he helps her with her hybrid-ness and Elijah getting jealous. Maybe they won't go there romantically, but I can see it to make Elijah jealous .
To be honest, the most likely scenario I'm predicting is that Klaus will just be a prop to give angst and drama for EH, since jealous Elijah is soooooo attractive LOL. With the baby no longer being a problem for this "forbidden love", they need other things to stir up the classic angst, I guess Jackson isn't enough. Wait is he alive? I forgot.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
To be honest, the most likely scenario I'm predicting is that Klaus will just be a prop to give angst and drama for EH, since jealous Elijah is soooooo attractive LOL. With the baby no longer being a problem for this "forbidden love", they need other things to stir up the classic angst, I guess Jackson isn't enough. Wait is he alive? I forgot.
I agree. And yeah Jackson is alive - he was cut from the finale. He didn't want to side with the bad wolves and got into a fight with Oliver.

I don't know about him being in S2 though. I don't much care either way. I now have to deal with his "southern accent" on True Blood come June .
Old 05-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Total Fan

Quote:

Hopefully they wouldn't go there, but I can definitely see JP going there.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

It's not like they're ever going to drop EH, and Elijah apparently "never felt this way" before in his thousandsssssss of years on earth, so realistically I just think Klaus is a prop (on his OWN show lol) to give those two angst.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Total Fan

It's pathetic either way. I'm really starting to like Klaus and I've loved Elijah since season 2 of tvd and they both need to just leave her alone.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

I'm really starting to think that Elijah is still in a box with a dagger in his heart with Dopple!Elijah is causing all this crap.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:50 AM
New Fan

Klebekah was my favorite part!

Although the finale was largely decent, I really wasn't happy that they tried to make us think that Hayley was dead so early into the episode. They've been trying to find a show for Phoebe for forever, and I knew that they weren't going to kill her off right away once they got her on one. So it kind of spoiled really getting into the episode, as I could blatantly see the manipulation they were pulling and it made me distrust (and not in a fun way) everything else that was going on.

But! I am happy that more originals will be involved Season 2. I'm glad Marcel survived, though I hope he stops trying to fight Klaus all the time. I was sad about Genevieve, as I did enjoy the character/actress.

It will be interesting to see what the overall arc for next season is!