Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
I may be wrong but I just think TPTB didn't have a plan when this spinoff got approved by the network, before it was picked up. I think it got approved way too late because it seemed like the network gave it a green light right after half the Mikaelsons got killed in TVD. Plec does not have the creativity to ignore fans and simply do whatever she wants, which is exactly what good writers like Whedon does. Good writers who can piss fans off but still keep the show moving and entertaining. I'm comparing her to Whedon since she seems to think they're one and the same. When she gets hate she probably thinks it means she's doing something right.

If the baby doesn't excite people next season then they will be obligated to do crossovers or beg Nate and Claire to join, which are two things that the network KNOWS fans want to see, rather than this flop cast, no matter how much denial TPTB is in right now.

I went on twitter last night to search "the originals" and the little suggestion box dropped down to show me that "the originals CANCELLED" was the most popular tag. I shouldn't laugh but I did, I don't want it cancelled though, I just need the staff to get their sht together.
Could be that it was approved/picked off late... but when JP killed Kol, the network had already given the green light for TO, so JP deliberately killed him knowing there would be a show.

Also... JP is totally deluded by comparing herself to Whedon. The guy made his mistakes when we talk about SL, but never got even close to what she has done/is doing

I don't think it will take long for the network to take some action regarding the show... it's one thing to give TPTB time to get their plots and characters accepted by fans, but after 18 episodes, if those didn't work, it's time to shake things up and change them.

LMAO that was one of the most popular tags?? it's funny in a sad way. I really hope the show gets better because I love seeing Joseph and all... but the way it's going, I don't see how it will survive another season
Old 03-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Davina and Josh, Klaus and Elijah

Everybody else

So anybody else think that Genevieve is the witch that Marcel has on his side? What was that weird round thing suppose to be? Maybe Genevieve is playing the clingy girl to Klaus so she can get inside info while she's actually teaming up with Marcel because she wants control?
No...Gen planted that dream weaver to get a vision of where Marcel is. She's kind of willingly being a minion for Klaus even though he never asked her to be. Though I'm sure he wants her help with the rings, especially if you watch the new promo.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

I watched part of it and god... god that was a waste of time.

Davina, I love you bb... but once again, you and Klaus are not enough to keep me watching, I could just watch your scenes online tho, because I love you and stuff.

Josh, I was happy to see him and only with Davina cause let's be real I don't care about any other characters interacting with both of them. SHE GAVE HIM A FLOWER I ship it so much even tho he's gay.

Cami...

Marcel you are disgusting, I don't know how ANYONE can still like you after this episode. HE WAS TIRED OF BEING ALONE FOR A ****ING MONTH alone because he decided to stay while Rebekah left, she left taking the blame for everything both organized back then. I CAN'T STAND HIM. I DON'T WANT HIM AROUND.

Hayley... see I don't hate her but I don't care about her? so ... whatever I guess.

Genevive I expected something cool from you, not you being Klaus' booty call... that's just lame, she barely uttered a word.

Elijah ... whatever.

Wolves? I can't stand Oliver, not only because he betrayed Rebekah but because he's an idiot and wanted to jump on a 16 year old? YEAH NO.

Jackson I remember I used to like you... for like 2 minutes, not anymore.

What's this guy name? the one with the afro? all of a sudden he has more than one scene? why?

Father K I still love you, please don't die.

I just realized I forgot to mention Klaus... well that pretty much sums up how I felt about him I mean... I dunno, I think he was in a couple scenes? but they were with the wolves and I couldn't care less.

Not interested in seeing a new plot developing in EPISODE 18!! Not interested in the actual plot... not seeing Hayley;s kid dying anytime soon and that's not good... the witches are now laying back and that's NOT GOOD EITHER. There's nothing that I'm looking forward to except the finale to see if the baby survives I tried tho. I REALLY TRIED.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I watched part of it and god... god that was a waste of time.

Davina, I love you bb... but once again, you and Klaus are not enough to keep me watching, I could just watch your scenes online tho, because I love you and stuff.

Josh, I was happy to see him and only with Davina cause let's be real I don't care about any other characters interacting with both of them. SHE GAVE HIM A FLOWER I ship it so much even tho he's gay.

Cami...

Marcel you are disgusting, I don't know how ANYONE can still like you after this episode. HE WAS TIRED OF BEING ALONE FOR A ****ING MONTH alone because he decided to stay while Rebekah left, she left taking the blame for everything both organized back then. I CAN'T STAND HIM. I DON'T WANT HIM AROUND.

Hayley... see I don't hate her but I don't care about her? so ... whatever I guess.

Genevive I expected something cool from you, not you being Klaus' booty call... that's just lame, she barely uttered a word.

Elijah ... whatever.

Wolves? I can't stand Oliver, not only because he betrayed Rebekah but because he's an idiot and wanted to jump on a 16 year old? YEAH NO.

Jackson I remember I used to like you... for like 2 minutes, not anymore.

What's this guy name? the one with the afro? all of a sudden he has more than one scene? why?

Father K I still love you, please don't die.

I just realized I forgot to mention Klaus... well that pretty much sums up how I felt about him I mean... I dunno, I think he was in a couple scenes? but they were with the wolves and I couldn't care less.

Not interested in seeing a new plot developing in EPISODE 18!! Not interested in the actual plot... not seeing Hayley;s kid dying anytime soon and that's not good... the witches are now laying back and that's NOT GOOD EITHER. There's nothing that I'm looking forward to except the finale to see if the baby survives I tried tho. I REALLY TRIED.
Lol my response is the same as the other thread. If Hayley wasn't showing then we would know right away it was never gonna happen. Still the question is if they're dark enough for that and I honestly don't know.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

I dunno either, but I think it's less possible for them to kill a newborn so either the baby dies at birth or just before or the baby doesn't die at all
Old 03-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I dunno either, but I think it's less possible for them to kill a newborn so either the baby dies at birth or just before or the baby doesn't die at all
If a CW show has pulled something darker than this then I could believe it?

The only reason everyone thinks it'll die is because they can't imagine it working out on the show.

And no matter how vague they are about crossovers it's obvious they'll do them eventually, which would conflict with time jumping so that theory is ruled out. But to me, I don't think the media (or most of it) will give them sht for ripping off Angel or Twilight, I think only the fans will complain about it. Or maybe I'm wrong
Old 03-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I read 1 positive thing in this whole thread? I have to question why any of you guys watch the show if criticism is only thrown out after every episode? My advice.. don't watch the show.

Icon: lolo13
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BeckS~ (View Post)
I think I read 1 positive thing in this whole thread? I have to question why any of you guys watch the show if criticism is only thrown out after every episode? My advice.. don't watch the show.
Quitting would certainly save the trouble but everyone is sticking around for their favourite actors/characters and waiting out to see how the season ends. Is that a problem? My advice, let people rant as much as they want. It may be a problem for the minority who likes the writing but it's not hard to tune it out
Old 03-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Do we not have bashing rules here? Does that not apply to the whole show itself? Or individual characters and actors/actress's? 'Tune it out' is not a solution to an issue that clearly lays at pure hatrid for the show. I come to to discuss the show that I really like, and i'm reluctant to come anymore because of the negativity that is here.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Becks, the discussion thread unlike the appreciation we have for characters/ships is for people to put what they liked as well as what they don't like in the episode/show. These are the threads where we allow negative posts as long as it's not bashing anybody, for the sake of the argument.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Enough said Si I'll be staying outta here then. So much negativity like that towards anything is unhealthy. Thanks for the explanation.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Do we not have bashing rules here? Does that not apply to the whole show itself? Or individual characters and actors/actress's? 'Tune it out' is not a solution to an issue that clearly lays at pure hatrid for the show. I come to to discuss the show that I really like, and i'm reluctant to come anymore because of the negativity that is here.
Those rules apply to appreciation threads since those are meant to be a spot for you to engage with other friends who love the same characters as you. If negativity is all you see in the discussion thread (where it is allowed, as Si said), then that's not anyone's fault but the show and the direction it's going. You are allowed to criticise the actors, unless you see anyone posting a death wish or something entirely out of line then you can PM me or Si and we'll act on it.

Not everyone is excited about pregnant werewolves when the show was anticipated to be about originals, without simply two of them.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

hey,

I actually liked the episode.
I am intrigued about the werewolves...and see potential for a good story with them.
I also like Genevieve and can't wait to see more of her.

The scene of Father Kieran attacking Cami made me jump. Well played by these two.

I liked Cami in this episode and the hookup witH marcel.

I can't stand Monique..she is just so smug.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrinaa (View Post)
hey,

I actually liked the episode.
I am intrigued about the werewolves...and see potential for a good story with them.
I also like Genevieve and can't wait to see more of her.

The scene of Father Kieran attacking Cami made me jump. Well played by these two.

I liked Cami in this episode and the hookup witH marcel.

I can't stand Monique..she is just so smug.
Monique might have numbered days anyway. I wanna see more Genevieve too
Old 03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
New Fan

I kinda enjoyed seeing Klaus all calm and doing his own thing. I'm a little cloudy on his plan though...he's plotting with the werewolves to rule the city? and be his family? Am I on the right track here?

I think the suggestion that Gen is working with Marcel is brilliant and right on the money! What better way to keep the witches on top, than to keep the vampires divided?

I feel like a lot of other people here seem to...I want to like this show, I really do, but I am struggling. The writing is not good, and the cast just doesn't go together well. I don't know, but I hope they can fix it.