Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature88 (View Post)
Oops! Sorry about the double!

Wow..Four episodes without Elijah? I left around end of October bc it got too much, good thing he was still there bc I wouldv'e freaked! I get SO nervous whenever anything happens to him..but, thankfully..he heals.. IF they ever "did" what they may or may not have done with Rebekah, I would completely stop watching. I think many would leave also..

Well, saw Claire thanked her fans on Twitter, but..still seems fishy..
Haha don't worry about it. Yeah Elijah took four episodes to get undaggered but it was because the actor was working on his other show.

As for Claire, what stood out to me as the most suspicious was a source saying that CW and WB agreed her character was no longer necessary. I can see Plec being this idiotic, but the network? Seriously? She's an original, the show is about them, and despite that she had awful storyline, she was still the ONLY actress who stood out. And they agreed to it? Give me a break, this is the same network who was flattered at klaroline petitions and spammed pictures of the pairing on their twitter. Which they did because it was giving them good publicity for both shows, and now I'm supposed to believe they were dumb enough to let Claire go?

Publicity stunt I swear to god
Old 03-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

^ No comment from Claire and JP does seem suspicious. But if this is a publicity stunt I don't think it's a very clever one.

ETA

So I was reading tweets from the guy from the wrap who reported it and he said he's known for 4 months and it was the producers choice. I don't think he would make claims like if he wasn't sure of his facts. I'm not saying we won't see Rebekah again but if she does come back it won't be for a long time.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-13-2014 at 01:48 AM
Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
I am relatively new to this forum, and wanted to chat about The Originals! I started watching the program when it first came to the CW. I LOVE Elijah and Hayley!

I am on the fence about last night's episode. It was a tough one to watch. Aside from the acting, which was fantastic, I don't know about the rest. I have been having some major feels for Klaus, although I am such a fan of Elijah! I think that Klaus did what he did because he felt it was the right thing to do. He was protecting his sister. I have no idea how Rebekah betrayed him? I think that Rebekah went WAY too far last night! She owes Klaus an apology. Instead, Klaus asked her what she wanted, again wanting to help her, and she said basicaly she wanted to leave. She left without saying anything, without even a kiss goodbye to Klaus. The person who years ago, whenthey were chuldren, helped and protected her. And, then she drives off with a smile on her face. She really aggravated me. Klaus has been getting so upset about his family. I think Elijah gets it, but, Rebekah, no.

As far as Claire leaving, or, permanently, I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. Until I see an interview with her or Julie Plec, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. There are TONS of gossip mags who twist everything around, just to get publicity. They all say the same thing. It just doesn't jive. I only believe a true source.
Err, are you new to the originals? Did you start with The Originals show? Did you NOT see Vampire Diaries? Do you NOT know their backstory AT ALL????!?!??

Seriously though, everyone in this thread is like "OMG, MY POOR POOOR BABY KLAUSE!!!!!!! :'( :'(" But did you guys ever stop to think about all the things he's done to Rebekah and Elijah? The way he used to dictate their lives? He didn't like something Rebekah or Elijah did? BAMN daggered in the heart and put in the box for centuries! Or in Elijah's case given to the enemy while daggered so a powerful witch can try and figure out how to kill him. Yep, that's exactly what a loving brother does, kills people that you fall in love with. Oh that's fine, he's only being a protective big brother *swoooon*!! It's only because he's so damaged inside, you see! And that totally justifies his past actions towards his family. The way he dictates and demands loyalty off people and his family, I have no idea why they stuck with him for as long as they did. Oh, and btw, he doesn't get the loyalty from people because they respect and love him but he gets it because people (hell, even his own ****ing family) FEAR him! I know, I know, a hot bad guy who's damaged has girls wetting their panties all over the world so everyone is going to have a major soft spot for him, hell so d I but let's be honest here, he was at fault too!

I am a fan of Klause, don't get me wrong. I am not that big on anti-heroes thing, though, but I get him and I get why he is the way he is. The only one I liked A LOT was Angel back in the day but hey at least that guy tried to redeem himself. Klause to this day is still proud of and actually boasts about all the bad things he's done. But that's just who he is, and I sorta like that about him that he's not a mopey weirdo, he is badass! But to act like he's a poor innocent baby deer, and his sister is an evil conniving bitch or the popular opinion here, just suffering a character assassination because she's not just laying down and letting her brother walk all over her yet again is just laughable...

As for Rebekah, I totally understand why she did the things she did. It definitely doesn't make them right, though. And she was definitely at fault because she was being selfish but to act like what she did was OMG so unspeakable and all things Klause has done to his family in the past is not even worth thinking about or mentioning is just NOT fair.

Last edited by Hunniah; 03-13-2014 at 09:46 AM
Old 03-13-2014, 09:58 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunniah (View Post)
Err, are you new to the originals? Did you start with The Originals show? Did you NOT see Vampire Diaries? Do you NOT know their backstory AT ALL????!?!??

Seriously though, everyone in this thread is like "OMG, MY POOR POOOR BABY KLAUSE!!!!!!! :'( :'(" But did you guys ever stop to think about all the things he's done to Rebekah and Elijah? The way he used to dictate their lives? He didn't like something Rebekah or Elijah did? BAMN daggered in the heart and put in the box for centuries! Or in Elijah's case given to the enemy while daggered so a powerful witch can try and figure out how to kill him. Yep, that's exactly what a loving brother does, kills people that you fall in love with. Oh that's fine, he's only being a protective big brother *swoooon*!! It's only because he's so damaged inside, you see! And that totally justifies his past actions towards his family. The way he dictates and demands loyalty off people and his family, I have no idea why they stuck with him for as long as they did. Oh, and btw, he doesn't get the loyalty from people because they respect and love him but he gets it because people (hell, even his own ****ing family) FEAR him! I know, I know, a hot bad guy who's damaged has girls wetting their panties all over the world so everyone is going to have a major soft spot for him, hell so d I but let's be honest here, he was at fault too!

I am a fan of Klause, don't get me wrong. I am not that big on anti-heroes thing, though, but I get him and I get why he is the way he is. The only one I liked A LOT was Angel back in the day but hey at least that guy tried to redeem himself. Klause to this day is still proud of and actually boasts about all the bad things he's done. But that's just who he is, and I sorta like that about him that he's not a mopey weirdo, he is badass! But to act like he's a poor innocent baby deer, and his sister is an evil conniving bitch or the popular opinion here, just suffering a character assassination because she's not just laying down and letting her brother walk all over her yet again is just laughable...

As for Rebekah, I totally understand why she did the things she did. It definitely doesn't make them right, though. And she was definitely at fault because she was being selfish but to act like what she did was OMG so unspeakable and all things Klause has done to his family in the past is not even worth thinking about or mentioning is just NOT fair.
Yes, I have watched The Originals, and yes, I have watched TVD from day 1/episode one. I am very well aware of Klaus and what he has done. I am not an oblivious 40+ year old. I have seen and heard what he has said, and I have also heard what Rebekah has said. The question is, have you? Everyone has their own opinions, on the episode. My panties do not get wet for Klaus. I have a deep sympathy for him as to the reasons why he acts as he does, right or wrong. I have enjoyed Rebekah in both shows, but, do also think that she owed Klaus a bit of gratitude and more than just a smile upon leaving NOLA.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Seriously though, everyone in this thread is like "OMG, MY POOR POOOR BABY KLAUSE!!!!!!! :'( :'(" But did you guys ever stop to think about all the things he's done to Rebekah and Elijah?
Don't make attacks to the posters in this thread, if you are uncomfortable with the general opinions, then you're free to disagree in a civilized manner without being condensending. Do not ask people if they're watching the same show, it is not only rude, but is disrespecting the fact that everyone has their own point of view.

I've done my rounds in this thread and checked everyone's posts, and while I do believe that everyone is biased to an extent, I haven't seen anyone excusing Klaus. At the moment this thread mainly seems to be upset about Claire's departure

You can PM me the Elijah and Rebekah hate incase I missed something. Thank you
Old 03-13-2014, 02:48 PM
New Fan

Hi Everyone,

Hmmmm, something just occurred to me, might shed some light..ish.. If Claire was to permanently be off the show, I wonder why the powers that be didn't have something more permanent happen to Rebekah? That white oak dagger for example? Just a thought.. I think that if something "non-lethal" happens to the character, the chances for his/her return are possible.. Even though it still seemed fishy.. Anyway, my two cents..
Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Hmmmm, something just occurred to me, might shed some light..ish.. If Claire was to permanently be off the show, I wonder why the powers that be didn't have something more permanent happen to Rebekah? That white oak dagger for example? Just a thought.. I think that if something "non-lethal" happens to the character, the chances for his/her return are possible.. Even though it still seemed fishy.. Anyway, my two cents..
Well keeping her alive versus killing her off is less damage for angry fans who want her on the show, considering the originals are almost extinct, and they had to know that two can't carry the show. So yeah, I agree with you, it's fishy
Old 03-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
Welcome Nature88 and SassyCat

Hello and thank you for the welcome!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Of course no problem!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Wow. That was so rude.

Welcome to the board Nature88 and sassy...I look forward to reading about your views of the show.

I'm also upset that we no longer will have Rebekah on the show. She was my fave female character and it will be so weird we will be minus an original.
I hope that we will see her again in the future, who knows?

I'm not sure how the show will go...BUT I will keep watching.
I don't feel very invested in any of the characters right now. I wonder if anyone else feels the same.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Old 03-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrinaa (View Post)
Wow. That was so rude.

Welcome to the board Nature88 and sassy...I look forward to reading about your views of the show.

I'm also upset that we no longer will have Rebekah on the show. She was my fave female character and it will be so weird we will be minus an original.
I hope that we will see her again in the future, who knows?

I'm not sure how the show will go...BUT I will keep watching.
I don't feel very invested in any of the characters right now. I wonder if anyone else feels the same.
Yeah. The supporting cast is hard to get invested in, I'm pretty sure most fans only stuck with the show for at least one of 3 originals, whoever their favourite is, or even all three of them.

I mean I track tags on tumblr and I never see hype for any minor or antagonist characters. It's a big problem for the writers because they got rid of so many Mikaelsons and had their fingers crossed that viewers would love their supporting characters or even the baby

They need a REALLY good twist this year if they want people excited for season 2.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrinaa (View Post)

I'm like a broken record with it. The supporting cast is weak or more like their characterizations are weak. Marcel has his moments but the others I don't miss when they miss an episode. They killed off two of their best supporting characters, Papa Tunde' and Sableste. They were formidable opponents to TO. I honestly don't know how they're going to salvage things with their best and strongest female character gone.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

I think everyone is a broken record with it, so much that I don't know how long Plec can ignore it and pretend everything is fine. The only supporting character that the writers promoted on twitter so far is Genevieve, and they responded to her fans the last 3 weeks. Of course this stands out (to me) when they haven't done this in the last 6 months for any other minor character. Aside from Plec replying to Camille hate ONCE by calling her self-insert "brilliant", it's sad that she can't find Camille love to reply to but there's plenty of hate to defend

Yes the show is about originals so it's fair to assume that's who we will mainly be invested in, but it doesn't HURT to have an appealing cast of supporting characters and antagonists, the sad thing is that their cast got so much flack way before the show premiered, people just saw it coming and were kinda prepared to be bored with them.

And now that Rebekah left, it will be even harder to tolerate these characters. JP is a lost cause with convincing, she's in denial, but I do think the network will be fully aware of what's working out and what's not.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDeme70 (View Post)

They killed off two of their best supporting characters, Papa Tunde' and Sableste. They were formidable opponents to TO. .

Papa Tunde sure caught my interest. I was so disappointed he was killed off so quickly.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top