Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Nature88 and SassyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
Claire's mentioned coming back as a guest star. But lets be honest, she's not Canadian like most of the VD's character, or even the guy playing Elijah. She's Australian. Living in Atlanta couldn't have been that easy.
Umm...the VD cast is not mostly canadian, nor is the TO cast, but what would that have to do with anything? Daniel (elijah) is from New Zealand by the way.

Anyway...I don't think being australian has anything to do with being uncomfortable in Atlanta. According to the media she just wanted to stay in L.A.

But really, I think this is all a publicity stunt until I see her speak out more. Or until I don't see her at all in season 2. She is still attending the paleyfest with the cast, which the TVD cast is also attending. They don't usually send guest stars or terminated characters there
Old 03-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Plec hasn't uttered a word, maybe on purpose because if she'd announce Rebekah coming back as a guest star, the impact of the last ep will vanish, but I do think that Plec won't have her for the rest of S1 and most of S2, if it's part of the plan (give her some time and bring her whenever the baby is born/dies) then she might be back in the future, but who says she won't get another project in between?
Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

ugh I just want to hear what Claire says idgaf about the lies from that warthog
Old 03-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I found Klaus's indignation silly given the number of times he has betrayed Rebekah like when he chose to rescue Caroline and left her to the mercy of the vampire hunters.

Loved the flasbacks of their childhood. Mikael was awful. Nice that Elijah and Rebekah tried to protect Klaus.

Sorry to see Claire leave. True the writing for Rebekah has not always been great but I loved her anyway.

If this is the producers' idea its a bad one and if this is Claire's I wish her the very b est. She will be missed.

Loved the final scene between Rebekah and Hayley. Love Claire and Phoebe's friendship.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

It would be nice to get some sort of statement or tweet from Claire Holt about leaving. All I've heard is that it was her decision and she wasn't supposed to play Rebekah this long...uh what? None of the "Original" characters were slated for being on that long, but by poplar demand it happened. I just want to hear what brought this on. With no one talking it seems odd.

I've heard rumors about her being pregnant, but really nothing has been confirmed and it kinda irks me.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Loyal Fan

the eppy was good!!

I liked Davina's "new" storyline with the witches... poor girl...really well written. for the 1st time I didnt like the red-head one!! she was right with Marcel and all...but I didnt liked her in this eppy!

I have a degree in psychology and I can guarantee you we are not like Cami!! fun fact is...with our friends&family our "psychologist_mode" is always off loool she is just useless!! we may be as useless as she is with her own life but that is another story
Haley...I didnt even thought about her till I saw her!!

about Marcel and Rebekah... Marcel is just a bad/awful writing! he wants to run with her...but now "my-city-kings-drama-all-over-again"?? join GoT instead dude! its just so bad written that it hurts ...or something really happened with this cast/production idk all that business stuff side of tvshows.

and about Rebekah ... I disagree with most of you... I liked her better here on To!! Besides Cami I really like the women/girls on this show better (I like katherine&Bonnie in tvd too) its just my opinion

And now...dont get me wrong.. especially cuz my english its not perfect and it can be misinterpreted a lot!! specially now... but I dont really get this type of Fandom/writer/tv show relationship!! its almost dysfunctional lool in a bad way loool

Rebekah/Claire's leaving...what do we have in fan's pages: 20& of Tumblr its sad, the other 80% they are just happy cuz it seems this creator/writer deserves some "bad luck" on her professional life loool whaat on twitter all I see is tvds fans saying the creator/writer deserves this because she was so mean with all katherine, caroline&klaus stuff and that the shows are just waist of time (both of them) and alll that bla bla bla really?? stop watching.

and then we have this badass writer/creator that pratically doesnt care about nothing!! props for that!! but... show some respect for fans...that would be great. I dont like surprises!!

they could at least prepared us for something like this...since the beginning. They did the same about the guy who plays Elijah...that he is a very busy guy and they cant be sure how much of his time they could get..etc

I think...something happened ...and all those goodbyes scenes loooked so "last-minute-recorded-scenes" that hurts!!

**sorry the rant guys**
Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

I only read a tweet from a journalist that said they had the note first and that they have THE CORRECT info (so he says) and specified the producers were the ones who decided to let Claire go... so IDK.

Sebastian sent this to Claire via TW:

Quote:
Sebastian Roché ‏@sebroche 14h
Fare thee well @MissClaireHolt , you were wonderful, funny and utterly charming ) #TheOriginals
Old 03-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

I love that man! So amazingly talented.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
It would be nice to get some sort of statement or tweet from Claire Holt about leaving. All I've heard is that it was her decision and she wasn't supposed to play Rebekah this long...uh what? None of the "Original" characters were slated for being on that long, but by poplar demand it happened. I just want to hear what brought this on. With no one talking it seems odd.

I've heard rumors about her being pregnant, but really nothing has been confirmed and it kinda irks me.
publicity stunt publicity stunt publicity stunt
Old 03-12-2014, 02:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
Thank you!

"Magazine" articles, "quotes" from Claire in articles all say the same thing. Some people in Twitter claiming,"Oh, it has to be true bc magazine said so!" Please. Gimme a break.

No validity until Claire confirms it.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Welcome Nature88 and SassyCat

Umm...the VD cast is not mostly canadian, nor is the TO cast, but what would that have to do with anything? Daniel (elijah) is from New Zealand by the way.

Anyway...I don't think being australian has anything to do with being uncomfortable in Atlanta. According to the media she just wanted to stay in L.A.

But really, I think this is all a publicity stunt until I see her speak out more. Or until I don't see her at all in season 2. She is still attending the paleyfest with the cast, which the TVD cast is also attending. They don't usually send guest stars or terminated characters there
Thank you! Glad to have found a forum to chat away about one of my favorite shows!

I think that Daniel was actually born in Canada and movied to New Zealand at a young age. I read that somewhere bc I was amazed at his adorable accent even not being born there. I could be wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyCat (View Post)
I can't stand the character of Cami. I hope JP doesn't plan on making her a lead in to fill the hole left by the exit of Rebekah.
IKR!

I don't get Cami.. When Davina said that everyone wants something from her, and said something like, "You probably want something.." And, Cami, the one person Davina can talk to said, "I do want _________ (whatever she said), but..I'm here for you." Please. Either you do or you don't want something. A true friend wouldn't want anything, but the friendship.

Last edited by soldier of affinity; 03-12-2014 at 03:35 PM
Old 03-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If it's a publicity stunt then it's definitely about this baby flop. As I said in my episode review - they showed Mikael beating on a kid so I doubt they're too afraid to go dark and end the baby.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Why would they use Rebekah tho? why not Elijah? he's more popular than her...
Old 03-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Why would they use Rebekah tho? why not Elijah? he's more popular than her...
Because among all 3 of them she was the one who barely had storyline, making it easier to send her away for a bit, and we already had 4 eps without Elijah.

Nature88 I merged your posts because they were doubled thanks for that info on Daniel, I never knew that and just thought he was born in NZ. But yeah all the supporting cast is American while the leads are not, except Elyse (Gen) I think she might be Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
If it's a publicity stunt then it's definitely about this baby flop. As I said in my episode review - they showed Mikael beating on a kid so I doubt they're too afraid to go dark and end the baby.
And what Mikael did is nothing compared to those twin boys getting decapitated. So you have a good point
Old 03-12-2014, 06:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Because among all 3 of them she was the one who barely had storyline, making it easier to send her away for a bit, and we already had 4 eps without Elijah.

Nature88 I merged your posts because they were doubled thanks for that info on Daniel, I never knew that and just thought he was born in NZ. But yeah all the supporting cast is American while the leads are not, except Elyse (Gen) I think she might be Canadian

And what Mikael did is nothing compared to those twin boys getting decapitated. So you have a good point
Oops! Sorry about the double!

Wow..Four episodes without Elijah? I left around end of October bc it got too much, good thing he was still there bc I wouldv'e freaked! I get SO nervous whenever anything happens to him..but, thankfully..he heals.. IF they ever "did" what they may or may not have done with Rebekah, I would completely stop watching. I think many would leave also..

Well, saw Claire thanked her fans on Twitter, but..still seems fishy..