Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I agree with you, I think that they both should have died, or if one HAD to die, it should have been Damon.

But I just dont think its fair to put all the blame and Damon and fans of Damon and to say that the only reason stefan died was to please damon and his fans....

I can understand why they think he had to die to get peace though because i think its in stefans character to just ALWAYS have that guilt and that remorse over the things hes done.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
First moment and last moment

[IMG]http://68.media.tumblr.com/bc1fe0ac41670b61665c2069aad060d5/tumblr_ompun4FIzh1u19ykio2_r1_250.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://68.media.tumblr.com/33f3c23b9d73954704d791aa796b96ea/tumblr_ompun4FIzh1u19ykio1_250.gif[IMG]

x
I love these.

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 03-21-2017 at 02:43 AM
Ann357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

But I just dont think its fair to put all the blame and Damon and fans of Damon and to say that the only reason stefan died was to please damon and his fans....
I haven't seen anybody blaming Damon fans. At first I thought it was because of Damon being favoured by the writers. But the more interviews I read the more I realised it was just KW wanting Stefan dead. Because he refused to see any other kind of ending for him. Hero has to die seems to be some rule he invented. The only thing that could save him was SE. And this was a direct quote from KW. I'm not coming to my own conclusions.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have seen that said on other threads though. Not saying that you said it but its been around the board, mainly the general thread. Which is fine if people think that but I don't agree with it.

I do think KW had it in his head to kill Stefan and was going to go with it.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

“They say home is where the heart is”

x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I have seen that said on other threads though. Not saying that you said it but its been around the board, mainly the general thread. Which is fine if people think that but I don't agree with it.

I do think KW had it in his head to kill Stefan and was going to go with it.
Would it have been so hard to not kill anyone? Another thing is Stefan dies and then a few minutes later we see him in the afterlife. And for this reason they couldn't have a proper funeral or mourning period. When I read the article about someone dying I was under the impression that they would spend at least half the episode saying goodbye to the character. And again it makes it look like the plot was more important and that the characters are just pawns to serve the plot. Because they could have still had the message of peace if he died from old age. Elena could have just woken up in the distant future so DE could get the human life after Damon took the cure. Or they could have just created a new cure. They had no issues waking Elena up from a coma that apparently had no loophole And Defan could have both been concerned with finding peace over their human lifetimes and in the end they do. Not sure if I'm making sense But at the end of the day I think every character deserved better. I think after they delayed Damon's growth so many times over the years he deserved a better redemption arc then what they gave him.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-20-2017 at 02:33 PM
ElenaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
First moment and last moment

[IMG]http://68.media.tumblr.com/bc1fe0ac41670b61665c2069aad060d5/tumblr_ompun4FIzh1u19ykio2_r1_250.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://68.media.tumblr.com/33f3c23b9d73954704d791aa796b96ea/tumblr_ompun4FIzh1u19ykio1_250.gif[IMG]

x
That gifset is perfection

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 03-21-2017 at 02:41 AM
AlwaysCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

I just don't like the fact that Stefan felt as though only death could bring him peace. Imo that's just so sad. I wish he could've find happiness in his human life, being a good person and helping other people every day could help him see himself as not such a monster that he think he is.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
I just don't like the fact that Stefan felt as though only death could bring him peace. Imo that's just so sad. I wish he could've find happiness in his human life, being a good person and helping other people every day could help him see himself as not such a monster that he think he is.
I agree I feel like such a bad Stefan fan when I say I don't particularly find what he did to be heroic... mostly because I truly don't. I just find it so sad and morose the way he went out. I love Stefan and it sucks that Julie and Kevin believed that Stefan's happiness/peace was death.
💕
★ darling, just hold on ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

I don't find it particularly heroic either... there were mulitiple other options to save the town and Stefan did not need to die. And he gave the cure to Damon, and basically killed himself in process, so Delena could've a happy human life together? I just don't get how and why, and who on earth thought that Stefan should think he have to give DE a happy perfect life, given the history between these three characters...
Old 03-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ But Stefan's always loved Damon and sacrificed a lot for his happiness. That is 100% in character. So to me it does make sense that he would give his life for Damon and want Damon to be happy. Sure there is history with Elena but I think Stefan's feelings for her are long gone and he very obviously loves Caroline and IMO supported DE fully, so i dont think its ridiculous to think he'd want them to be happy and want to give up his life for them. He said it himself, he was gonna die in 60 years anyways, and Caroline would live on without him. Where as DE could have lived together as humans in that time. It doesnt mean its right or that Damon deserves happiness over Stefan. Stefan deserves to have had even those 60 years! But, he thought one had to die and that he was the better option. Doesnt mean people have to agree with it, but i do think its in his character. Stefan is selfiess and always putting other people before himself.

I think the writers believed it and Stefan believed it (or at least the version of Stefan they wrote believed it) but it doesnt mean fans have to believe it, we all have different beliefs/interpretations. I am okay with it, and over time it will get easier but I dont disagree with people's reasons that it was lame and non-heroic. I def. agree that there are plenty of other better options. But it is what it is and we cant change it.

Stefan aside i just think Bonnie coming up with a random spell that we know nothing about was so ridiculous. Had she said, getting help from the other witches with power she didn't realize she had until she needed it is what allowed her to figure out the spell even would have made more sense to me.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

True that it's very in character for Stefan to die for his brother and him wanting for DE to have a happy life. Just, looking at his whole relationship with Damon, it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth that he decided to end his life for him. By DES history I meant that they screwed him over badly in the past, and as a Stefan fan, I feel very not okay with him giving up his life for people who brought so much pain into his life. IDK, it just doesn't feel right to me, it's all. And I'm baffled by the fact that Julie Plec and KW thought it was a good way to end his story.

Bonnie always had powers when writers needed her to have them, it's been like that since always and I'm used to that.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

My friend brought up this quote that Valerie told Stefan at the end of S7. I'm paraphrasing 'Be happy. I know you don't think you always deserve it'. And at the end I think that was it. That he just didn't think he deserved it after everything

And I agree it could have been done so much better if they wanted it to come across as heroic. There needed to be some fight from him. Instead he pretended to be compelled I honestly don't want to think about the details. It just disturbs me.

And the plotholes/nonsensical dialogue in that episode With Bonnie's magic, Katherine just being there to say silly stuff...Stefan giving the cure to Damon when he didn't know when Elena would wake up. It was just so bad that now I just laugh about it. I really didn't think it would be that bad.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, looking at the whole finale, it wasn't that good. Too many plotholes and stuff that made no sense. Instead of engaging myself with story, I just sat there thinking "are they really that dumb...?" I also think it was really silly to bring back Nina and have her play mostly as Katherine.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Katherine's purpose was to say that Elena would always choose Stefan because he is the better man. So that when Stefan said better man at the end they'd have a parallel. But unless Hell gave Katherine amnesia it makes zero sense for her to say that when she lived with DES in season 5 after Elena chose Damon and actually helped Stefan overcome his PTSD from being heartbroken It was a WTF moment for me. Just like Stefan saying that Damon had literally eternity with Elena. Like how do humans have eternity? I need to stop thinking about this stuff because it's just terrible writing. End of story
Old 03-21-2017, 02:22 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, it's just terrible writing. Seems like someone came back to the show after the looong absence and didn't know that a lot of stuff happened since he left. Heck it looks like he forgot what happened in first seasons... Ooooops, I guess we have a winner.