Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2017, 05:53 AM
  #31
Fan Forum Hero

 
★ darling, just hold on ★'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 96,701
OHMYGOD!!! How can he even say those things?!! If I wasn't annoyed by him before, I am now. Kevin needs to shut his face... he left this show along time ago. I am so disgusted!!!

To actually have one of the original showrunners basically confirm that Stefan's life really was just to prop Damon's character is disturbing as fk!!! Stefan being a nun with Caroline makes more sense then having him continue to martyr himself for a brother who made his life a living hell for the past 100+ years. And yes, I get that Damon changed in the last couple of seasons, but come on.
__________________
Merry Christmas 🎁🎅

Last edited by ★ darling, just hold on ★; 03-13-2017 at 06:05 AM
★ darling, just hold on ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:59 AM
  #32
Master Fan

 
For You to Notice...'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11,096
^ IKR? It's like he made a completely different show than the rest of the world watches!

Who knew it would be a disaster to bring him back for the last season... I'll never EVER watch his shows again, whats the point? He'll leave after two seasons, come back years later and acts like he knows anything.
__________________
Nathan Scott|icon
For You to Notice... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:05 AM
  #33
Fan Forum Hero

 
★ darling, just hold on ★'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 96,701
I am just so disappointed. I hate that I am even letting any of this get to me. I haven't been truly invested in this show since season 5... yet I really believed that they would allow Stefan to grow and get some sort of happiness in this final season, and to actually read the vile things Kevin is spewing now.. it just makes me livid.
__________________
Merry Christmas 🎁🎅
★ darling, just hold on ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:09 AM
  #34
Master Fan

 
For You to Notice...'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11,096
I get it. Stefan was miserable for the most of his life, but still, apparently he never deserved to get any real happiness... everyone else, especially Damon, matters more than him. How is that fair?
__________________
Nathan Scott|icon
For You to Notice... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:30 AM
  #35
Master Fan

 
ElenaBelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,070
^That's why I said I don't think he's watched since S3. I didn't want to bring any of his ugly quotes in here because we don't need even more bs but this summarises it best.



To him Stefan was valuable only because of the SE ship. Before he left Stefan's life revolved around Elena and only after he left they gave Stefan some individual storylines. I feel like he has the mental capacity of a preteen fangirl who believes in fairy tale romances. This is why I'm so against the 'soulmate' concept which I've brought up a couple times. This whole concept that there is only one person out there for you. As if people don't change, grow, want different things in life etc. Has he never met anyone who broke up with a partner or got divorced? I can't believe someone in their forties is spewing out this crap.

It's safe to say the ILY forever too must have come from JP. It's a miracle it made it to the script tbh. He must have hated it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
^ IKR? It's like he made a completely different show than the rest of the world watches!

Who knew it would be a disaster to bring him back for the last season... I'll never EVER watch his shows again, whats the point? He'll leave after two seasons, come back years later and acts like he knows anything.
And he hasn't even written that many episodes. The fact that he disregards 5 years worth of storytelling because he came up with the original concept. Now the other writers weren't great but it is quite selfish to just disregard their work. That's like over 100 episodes where he wasn't around.


***

On a positive note not all the writers are idiots. This is from the cowriter of 6x13 who has always been so sweet when talking about SC. This is really cute. He's been doing these LEGO things since season 6.

__________________
icon

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-13-2017 at 06:49 AM
ElenaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:46 PM
  #36
Elite Fan

 
AlwaysCB's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 49,864
It doesn't matter what he says, he was on the show only for the first 2 seasons, and in canon Stefan and Caroline will love each other forever, and SE are just friends.

So who cares what he thinks?
__________________
green arrow ♥ overwatch
Juliana | Tumblr | Icon
AlwaysCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:26 PM
  #37
Master Fan

 
ElenaBelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,070
^ That's why I care. The fact that he left so long ago means he shouldn't have thought his way was the right one. A good writer would have considered what the other writers thought was the best way to end the story. The people who were actually there in the most recent seasons. I just find it very arrogant.
__________________
icon
ElenaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:49 PM
  #38
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 89,873
Kevin Williamson is infamous for walking away from his own shows and leaving them in the hands of people that take the show and the core couples on the show in a completely different direction. He did that with Dawson's Creek and now he's done it with The Vampire Diaries. He's just a hack who never finishes what he starts.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:24 AM
  #39
Master Fan

 
For You to Notice...'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11,096
^ It doesn't speak very well of him. What's the point of watching his shows when you know that he'll get bored soon and leave it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB
It doesn't matter what he says, he was on the show only for the first 2 seasons, and in canon Stefan and Caroline will love each other forever, and SE are just friends.

So who cares what he thinks?
I think it's important, or at least used to be important, what he says, because it looks like it was him who pushed for an ending where Stefan dies. If it wasn't for him, we could've get an ending with SC travelling together and helping magical kids. Btw, such a shame... imo that's a much better cause to give your life to help little kids, than to die for a brother who's made your almost whole life a living hell.
__________________
Nathan Scott|icon
For You to Notice... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:06 AM
  #40
Fan Forum Hero

 
★ darling, just hold on ★'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 96,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
I think it's important, or at least used to be important, what he says, because it looks like it was him who pushed for an ending where Stefan dies. If it wasn't for him, we could've get an ending with SC travelling together and helping magical kids. Btw, such a shame... imo that's a much better cause to give your life to help little kids, than to die for a brother who's made your almost whole life a living hell.
Exactly.. I actually think that that particular ending for SC would have made a whole lot of sense for them.

I just don't appreciate Stefan being the only one who had to atone for all the 'evil' things he has done, especially when every character in Mystic Falls is guilty of doing horrible things. And Kevin saying Stefan needed to die for Damon is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard... like, dude, seriously?!! And it's slightly disturbing if he genuinely believes that.
__________________
Merry Christmas 🎁🎅

Last edited by ★ darling, just hold on ★; 03-14-2017 at 02:41 AM
★ darling, just hold on ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:30 AM
  #41
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 128,365
Quote:
Okay If I want to stay bitter that is my problem and no one else's. It's not like I am clogging this thread up with doom and gloom. I am annoyed and sad about Stefan's ending, it was disturbing and not at all the happy ending I wanted for Stefan or SC. And most of all I don't feel like he died for a good cause at all
It's your right, though I disagree about clogging the thread though, I don't think people want to read constant "gloom and doom" in an appreciation thread, but thats my opinion. Not that you guys dont have a right but the thread has been mostly negative for a while. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and free to say what you want, but so am I.

Though, I guess we just drop it here because I dont think we will agree on this.

Thanks for adding the married title!

Quote:
I see as SC being endgame too... for now. For all we know Caroline could go to TO and start something with Klaus, as hinted in the finale.
That doesnt mean that S/C arent "endgame". Even if she gets with Klaus shes still gonna love Stefan more. Stefan will still be her first husband and TRUE love in my eyes. Whatever she may have with Klaus will just not compare and frankly, I cant see Candice ever doing it because she cant stand KC. lol. So i dont think it will even happen. Also as far as TVD goes, her endgame was Stefan. Simple as that. Not everyone that watches TVD even watches The Originals.

Quote:
I didn't finish Prison Break but I know about the death. I always meant to go back and finish it but now that you mention how tragic it was maybe I shouldn't. But because of the revival they reversed the tragedy so maybe I will
Yes, I was livid about the finale for so long. Now that they brought him back I can forgive it. Maybe theyll do a vpd revival in like 5 years and bring Stefan back through a spell.


KW doesn't make sense to me really. He apparently loves SE but wanted to kill Stefan? How can you care about a pairing so much but not the individual characters. I dont get him. And I cant understand why he'd put so much into a show just to leave it. What is the point? If I create something i don't want to just hand it off to someone else. Seems weird to me.

And even though i love Damon and DE, I can agree that Stefan didn't deserve to die over Damon nor do I think he needed to pay for all his sins. i do agree that Stefan deserved a happy ending more than anyone so I am not sure why the writers didnt see it that way. I too don't get why they didnt think that Damon should have died for his sins (even though i am selfishly happy he didnt die). Maybe they thought damon dying was too predictable. or maybe they wanted to make the finale about stefan and his journey and they felt ending on his death was fitting? I still think both brothers should have died, and compelled the girls to be happy and human but maybe that would have been too easy for them. Maybe they just love damon or love that the fans love them and didn't want to disappoint the fans. It could be any number of reasons.

The only thing i can think that makes any emblem of sense to me is that they truly believe as writers that as a character Stefan will forever feel the guilt of what he did where as Damon doesnt feel the guilt (as long as he has Elena and is happy) and finds it easier to move on? IDK. Maybe they truly felt that it was in Stefan's nature to feel that intense guilt and it never would have gone away. Stefan did have a lot of tragedy and never did seem happy, that is for sure. Except for moments with his friends/brother and Caroline. But that was clearly his character trait that they wanted to write for. They clearly believe his only peace was in death I guess... It is a supernatural show where heaven and hell exist and an afterlife and so there are slightly different rules. its not like stefan was a human that just wanted to kill himself, hes been a tortured vampire for a while, so dying allowed him to finally let go in their eyes i guess.

I think people need to remember what thread this is for. Its not a rant thread (and I am not saying you cant discuss opinions about the episode and be sad, of course you can) but negative talk about other characters/couples/actors/writers shouldn't be posted here. (again, frustration is fine but some comments are borderline... They'd probably be appreciated more in the general thread?)
__________________
14 days until C H R I S T M A S

Last edited by Alexa; 03-14-2017 at 02:41 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:40 AM
  #42
Fan Forum Hero

 
★ darling, just hold on ★'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 96,701
We can definitely agree to disagree
__________________
Merry Christmas 🎁🎅
★ darling, just hold on ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:50 AM
  #43
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 128,365
Again this an appreciation thread. Discussion is awesome, but ranting could be taken elsewhere.

I love SC, I am sad about their ending, I want to see lots of happy posts and videos and people talking about the good parts of their journey and relationship and the possible future for them. I am free to say so.

I am not gonna skip over posts as I love this pairing and visit this thread regularly. A few days of being hurt is okay, but I don't want to it turn into an ugly thread like I've seen on some other boards and I will always speak up to that.
__________________
14 days until C H R I S T M A S
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:55 AM
  #44
Fan Forum Hero

 
★ darling, just hold on ★'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 96,701
Which is why I edited my post.. I certainly don't want anyone to think I am suppressing them and their right to post however they want. I am simply posting how I feel and right now I feel depressed and angry for Stefan and SC. This is not an ugly thread, far from it
__________________
Merry Christmas 🎁🎅
★ darling, just hold on ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:28 AM
  #45
Master Fan

 
For You to Notice...'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11,096
I think we all should feel free to say anything we want, that is related to SC of course. This time obviously is hard for a lot of us shippers, because of what happened in the finale, and because of those really weird comments from KW... if people aren't happy with what's happened to SC then they should feel free to express their opinions, maybe even rant. Considering that one part of our couple just died, it's expectable imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life
Exactly.. I actually think that that particular ending for SC would have made a whole lot of sense for them.
Honestly I would love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life
I just don't appreciate Stefan being the only one who had to atone for all the 'evil' things he has done, especially when every character in Mystic Falls is guilty of doing horrible things. And Kevin saying Stefan needed to die for Damon is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard... like, dude, seriously?!! And it's slightly disturbing if he genuinely believes that.
Agree. It seems that Kevin focused only on Stefan's sins, and forgot what other characters did, mainly Damon. But imo that was just his way of not making SC happening. In KW mind, if Stefan couldn't be with Elena, then he can't find happiness in his human life. Somehow I feel like if Elena came back for an entire S8, like KW wanted, and then get together with Stefan then he would get to live his human life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa
Whatever she may have with Klaus will just not compare and frankly, I cant see Candice ever doing it because she cant stand KC. lol. So i dont think it will even happen. Also as far as TVD goes, her endgame was Stefan. Simple as that. Not everyone that watches TVD even watches The Originals.
I hope you're right! I don't want one day to see KC gifsets on tumblr.
__________________
Nathan Scott|icon
For You to Notice... is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.